LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Hey everyone! This is my first post...ever on this website. I would start by saying I'm not incontinent (don't want to be) I'm just a DL with a medical question that I hope might get answered here. I'm twenty, working part time and going to school. As such, I have no health insurance, and don't really have...money. So I figured someone here might have an idea as to if what I'm experiencing is worth biting the bullet...err doctors bill.

Anyway, my problem hit suddenly 5 days ago. I woke up around midnight and felt like I had to piss...bad. So I jump out of bed, made it to the bathroom just fine and peed. Flushed and got back in bed when the strangest thing happened...the urge to pee came back, in full force, instantly.

It's been like this for 5 days straight, no matter how long it's been since I've peed, it feels like I have to go again...bad. I have a good, strong, constant steam and there is no real pain just extreme discomfort.

WebMD isn't really helpful, the only thing that kind of fits is enlarged prostate, which seems limited to people much older than myself, or prostate cancer...which from what I've read is a fairly slow growing cancer and the odds of someone my age having it is quite low...right? Anyone have any ideas?

Hey everyone! This is my first post...ever on this website. I would start by saying I'm not incontinent (don't want to be) I'm just a DL with a medical question that I hope might get answered here. I'm twenty, working part time and going to school. As such, I have no health insurance, and don't really have...money. So I figured someone here might have an idea as to if what I'm experiencing is worth biting the bullet...err doctors bill.

Anyway, my problem hit suddenly 5 days ago. I woke up around midnight and felt like I had to piss...bad. So I jump out of bed, made it to the bathroom just fine and peed. Flushed and got back in bed when the strangest thing happened...the urge to pee came back, in full force, instantly.

It's been like this for 5 days straight, no matter how long it's been since I've peed, it feels like I have to go again...bad. I have a good, strong, constant steam and there is no real pain just extreme discomfort.

WebMD isn't really helpful, the only thing that kind of fits is enlarged prostate, which seems limited to people much older than myself, or prostate cancer...which from what I've read is a fairly slow growing cancer and the odds of someone my age having it is quite low...right? Anyone have any ideas?

Enlarged Prostate & Prostate Cancer can strike ANY AGE, It's seen more often in the elderly, But it can hit anyone.

Get to your doctor soon, maybe it's just a stone, or infection. But even these can cause serious trouble, So don't waist to much time mulling it over.

• 1 month later...

Please remember a whole lot of medical conditions can cause the symptoms you mention.

Unfortunately treating your medical problem is not simple and will certainly require examination by a board certified urologist. The danger is these symptoms can be caused by serious disease. Treating all such problems right away increases the success of full recovery. The fact this sort of incomplete bladder voiding came on so suddenly probably will be significant to your physicians.

Yes it is unfortunate you do not have health insurance. Is there some form of free clinic in your area? Probably the first physician to examine you will be a general practioner or internest, maybe even a nurse practioner. If that medical professional cannot treat you, you will be referred to a urologist, possibly for free.

Even if you do need to pay the urologist, that care will save your life. Try saving the cost of medical care and you could wind up an invalid at such a young age.

It sounds like a Urinary Infection from what u describe, but I am no doctor.

You should definitely take the above advice and try to take advantage of your student services if you can. It could be more serious than you think.

If you can't stand that "urge" feeling, there is a product called AZO that u can get at most stores which will make it go away.

HOWEVER it does have an unpleasant side effect, it will make u pee Orange.

It is not a quick fix for what is wrong, it will simply make u more comfortable until u can get to a doctor.

PS it isnt cheap, so it would really be best to get to a doc, and maybe they can get it for you.

Good Luck, and let us know how it turns out.

I agree, get to a doctor as soon as you can.

If you can't within the next day or so, go immediately to your nearest grocery store and get either cranberry juice or frozen cranberries, frozen cranberries are the most effective against a UTI but cranberry juice will work as well. Munch on 10-20 frozen cranberries or drink 3-4 glasses of cranberry juice and keep drinking it. If it's a UTI cranberry juice will help as the bacteria can't live with the acid that makes it through to your bladder with cranberry juice. I end up with UTI's at least a couple times a year and cranberry juice or frozen cranberries solve it pretty much every time. I've only had to get a prescription for antibiotics once where cranberries wouldn't solve it.

If this doesn't help it's most likely something more serious and you will have to see a doctor ASAP.

Hope this helps,

*huggles*

Michelle

You should see a doc about this ! I had the same thing last year, which turned out to be an severe UTI/bladder infection. The infection was cured after a cure of antibiotics, but it left me an overactive bladder and urge incontinence.

Don't worry about the costs...your health is more important ! If you don't treat it you'll have the chance to develop a renal infection, which can lead to permanent kidney damage !

And it isn't the most expensive thing, I believe from what i saw from the insurance company it was about a 30/40 dollar.