LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

What Do You Think? Infantilism/ab/dl Or Just Ab/dl

Infantilism is not a fetish, but there are overlapping experiences, loves, and desires. I feel like adult baby includes us, but also excludes us at the same time. So I was thinking, why not ask our community what they think. What do you think?

With how itchy people have become about defending what they are, AB or DL I feel its best not to label. However, if we are to explain what we are on a broad spectrum I tend to say the "Ab/DL community" because it encompasses everyone. Infantilism tends to pigeonhole those who are pure DL's in to something relating to infantile behavior. :)

~Brian

I think AB and DL is very accurate. I would label myself as a DL. I do not act like or dress like a baby. I am NOT Infantilist either. I think AB is basically the same thing as infantilist. I have no desire to act like a baby and have a crib and baby clothes etc. I wear diapers because I have a diaper fetish. I think there are dl's like me that don't want to act like babies, and they just like diapers. If you like to act like a baby, then your an AB whether you wear diapers or not. Then we have sissy's and so on but I think the ABDL label is very accurate.

As anyone who knows me is aware I think all off these labels are irrelevant.

So I call myself AB, but this is a very loose title. For example, I could be in a room with 20 other people that also call themselves AB, but all 20 of us could enjoy totally different things. The only thing we would maybe share is that we indulge in some form of age play. The same goes for DL's. I've read many post from DL's who are having a rant about being associated with us AB's, but then many of those same people talk about pacifiers and mommies......sorry, but if you like pacifiers that is age play. I'm aware that like AB's, DL's come in all shapes and forms, some like a mommy and paci, some don't, for some it's sexual, for some it's not. It's not a big deal!

My gripe about the whole label thing is not that we use them, but that we consider them soooooo important. The reality is that we are all different and one, two, or even a thousand labels will only ever provide a loose description of us.

Be yourself, enjoy whatever you like, and leave descriptive labels for tins of food.

Beth

As anyone who knows me is aware I think all off these labels are irrelevant.

So I call myself AB, but this is a very loose title. For example, I could be in a room with 20 other people that also call themselves AB, but all 20 of us could enjoy totally different things. The only thing we would maybe share is that we indulge in some form of age play. The same goes for DL's. I've read many post from DL's who are having a rant about being associated with us AB's, but then many of those same people talk about pacifiers and mommies......sorry, but if you like pacifiers that is age play. I'm aware that like AB's, DL's come in all shapes and forms, some like a mommy and paci, some don't, for some it's sexual, for some it's not. It's not a big deal!

My gripe about the whole label thing is not that we use them, but that we consider them soooooo important. The reality is that we are all different and one, two, or even a thousand labels will only ever provide a loose description of us.

Be yourself, enjoy whatever you like, and leave descriptive labels for tins of food.

Beth

Agreed totally, great post Beth!

It seems that for some reason everyone is so focused on continually breaking down our fetish/lifestyle further and further. I identify as a DL but there are aspects of AB play that I enjoy. I dont ever intend to go full bore, look for a mommy, whatever, but there are aspects of age play that I do find relaxing. For example, I've always loved footed sleepers (since i was a kid....always resented I could never find them in my size). I occaisionally like to suck on a paci, and I definitely might like to be babied for a weekend or whatever. But for the most part, my interest in the AB/DL world is the diapers themselves. They are more comfortable to me than any regular underwear, and I love wearing them. The rest of it is negotiable.

That said, if we have to have a label, I think the one we have is sufficient. It denotes the two sides of the coin, without giving preference to either one. Its like Hot and Cold. Neither is by itself right or wrong, and both have their good sides. Most days though fall into warm or cold, a mixture of the two, somewhere in between. I think thats where most of us fall. Few if any of us are purely AB's or purely DL's. To add Infantilism to it would be to increase an already contentious acronym, and further isolate those members who don't engage in age play at all (they do exist).