LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

I Have To Use A Binkie... Doctors Orders!

babyfur

I went to my doctor the other day for a sore throat and fever and while I was there he noticed that my tongue was messed up. Lately I developed a bad not to mention weird habit of what I can only describe as chewing on my tongue. I do it when ever I'm thinking, stressed or just bored. Well now my tongue is raw and inflamed because of what I'm doing to it and the doctor said that I should use a pacifier!

He said he's seen a few other people with this problem and basically I just need to keep something else available to chew on. Only problem is gum doesn't work for me since I can chew two to three packs a day and that gets expensive. So he said that as weird as it sounds I should use a pacifier since I can chew on it a lot before needing to replace it and it won't mess up my mouth. Now I have a perfectly good reason to use a pacifier in public. Awesome!

I went to my doctor the other day for a sore throat and fever and while I was there he noticed that my tongue was messed up. Lately I developed a bad not to mention weird habit of what I can only describe as chewing on my tongue. I do it when ever I'm thinking, stressed or just bored. Well now my tongue is raw and inflamed because of what I'm doing to it and the doctor said that I should use a pacifier!

He said he's seen a few other people with this problem and basically I just need to keep something else available to chew on. Only problem is gum doesn't work for me since I can chew two to three packs a day and that gets expensive. So he said that as weird as it sounds I should use a pacifier since I can chew on it a lot before needing to replace it and it won't mess up my mouth. Now I have a perfectly good reason to use a pacifier in public. Awesome!

That is so cool Babyfur. This is the first time I've ever heard a doctor say that.

I have a perfectly good reason to use my pacifier in public too...

I fucking want to!

The doctor said what I'm doing is similar to nail-biting except breaking this habit is harder. So in the meantime, I do something to prevent it and just work on not chewing on anything. It's going to be kind of embarassing since I don't have classes or work today but I have both tomorrow. Any advice on making the whole using a pacifier in public thing less embarassing?

Did your doctor say to use a pacifier ALL the time, even in public? Does he not understand the meaning of social suicide?

If you want something more discreet, try a bite guard. You can get them at most drugstores. I had one custom made by my dentist to save my teeth from my jaw-clenching habit.

For a Doctor to request you to suck on a pacifier is a GOOD thing.

It is a natural urge to suck something - pacifier / fingers / bottle / breast - is developed and practiced before birth in the womb. This is to enable the child to gain nourishment once born, and practices the art of sucking & swallowing. Since it is so strong in the mind - people NEVER outgrow it. I can expect comments on the last statement due to some peoples inability to admit the truth to even themselves - denial is so strong, and self-denial is even stronger in this world.

However, they try and satisfy the oral fixation by biting/chewing pens/pencils, by smoking, by biting/chewing finger-nails, by chewing gum etc. This is NOT a solution as the benefit (oral satisfaction) is far outweighed by the cost (damage to teeth enamel, possible cancer etc).

If you could, I would suggest that you gain your oral fixation by sucking a breast, but unfortunately one can not do this 24/7. The woman attached may get in the way. The only NON costly solution is to revert to sucking a pacifier. It does NO damage to the teeth (using an orthodontic one) or to the rest of the body, and it is totally harmless to the environment.

The reply made by Diapered_Witch 'And this is worse than your cigarette how?' is an apt one, and is so true. It would be useful to use it rather than smoke.

My 2 cents would praise the use of a pacifier above the so called 'mature' act of smoking etc.

BTW, The name 'pacifier' or 'soother' tends to signify the device is used to 'pacify' or 'soothe' someone. However, it is designed to address a persons oral fixation. On a side note, how many here have an oral fixation of one kind or the other?

Did your doctor say to use a pacifier ALL the time, even in public? Does he not understand the meaning of social suicide?

If you want something more discreet, try a bite guard. You can get them at most drugstores. I had one custom made by my dentist to save my teeth from my jaw-clenching habit.

If he's that worried about it standing out, he could could just wear his furry stuff, with diaper. That way the pacifier won't look so odd!

Beth

I've tried a mouth guard before when I tried to stop biting my nails. All that happened was I got restless, irritable and finally I just took the damn thing out so I could bite my nails. I tried using the pacifier last night and it worked, one person asked me if I was on ecstasy but that's about it. And trust me having to step away during a conversation so you can spit blood is beyond social suicide.

Wearing my furry stuff with a diaper and the pacifier.... I hate to say it but that's actually pretty tempting, but should I wear my fursuit or just my ears and my tail?

I've tried a mouth guard before when I tried to stop biting my nails. All that happened was I got restless, irritable and finally I just took the damn thing out so I could bite my nails. I tried using the pacifier last night and it worked, one person asked me if I was on ecstasy but that's about it. And trust me having to step away during a conversation so you can spit blood is beyond social suicide.

Wearing my furry stuff with a diaper and the pacifier.... I hate to say it but that's actually pretty tempting, but should I wear my fursuit or just my ears and my tail?

Wear your fursuit and then post a picture of yourself on here doing it!

All joking aside, your fursuit would probably be less embarrassing than my stuff. You see guys all the time wearing that sort of thing in the street.........usually handing out flyer's for something!

Beth

Wear your fursuit and then post a picture of yourself on here doing it!

All joking aside, your fursuit would probably be less embarrassing than my stuff. You see guys all the time wearing that sort of thing in the street.........usually handing out flyer's for something!

Beth

lol The fursuit would be funny, I'll try that sometime maybe halloween when I won't look so weird. I'm sitting in class right now and I honestly don't think anyone at the college has noticed what's in my mouth. I could probably come up here wearing a diaper and a footed sleeper and drinking from a bottle and no one would pay attention. of course then I'd have to wear the tail just because.

Oh, I am soooo jealous (don't care if that's a sin!!)

I thought about getting one of those but right now I think I'll stick with the one I've got. It probably would be more comfortable but the whole idea of using a pacifier in public takes some getting used to. It's weird I thought it would be nice being able to do something so babyish in public and it is but it's still kind of embarassing.

BTW, The name 'pacifier' or 'soother' tends to signify the device is used to 'pacify' or 'soothe' someone. However, it is designed to address a persons oral fixation. On a side note, how many here have an oral fixation of one kind or the other?

I used to suck my thumb mercilously. I had to switch to a pacifier after my thumb was severely injured in a fire. Paci was much better and didn't move my teeth.

When not able use my paci, I'd nail bite till they bled.

I'd also chew pen's, pencils, bottle caps, bits of plastic I broke from things, tooth picks, erasers, glasses, piece of a package my lunch came in, paper... I smoked as well.

In high school, where I was not allowed to chew ANYTHING, much less smoke, I chewed my tongue so bad I was once set out of class to the nurse cause I was bleeding.

I just wanted my pacifier. :crybaby: Is that so horrible?

:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao: Got to love it!!! Go, Diapered Witch!!!

Well... I think it's a great reason!

BTW, any of you following my threads a lot, feel free to call me Jessica. *curtsy*

I used to suck my thumb mercilously. I had to switch to a pacifier after my thumb was severely injured in a fire. Paci was much better and didn't move my teeth.

When not able use my paci, I'd nail bite till they bled.

I'd also chew pen's, pencils, bottle caps, bits of plastic I broke from things, tooth picks, erasers, glasses, piece of a package my lunch came in, paper... I smoked as well.

In high school, where I was not allowed to chew ANYTHING, much less smoke, I chewed my tongue so bad I was once set out of class to the nurse cause I was bleeding.

I just wanted my pacifier. :crybaby: Is that so horrible?

No there's nothing worng with that. I never smoked but I can sympathize with all the rest of that stuff. My parents used to put tabasco on my thumb to make me stop sucking on it. Some people just don't like it when people act different from them. *hugs you wraps his blankie around you and gives you a cookie* Feel better?

I am actually using it for it's soothing effect. I'm in college and we're starting the suicide run right before finals so I'm stressed like crazy, but my pacifier's actually really helping me to relax and focus in class. I wonder how many people's grades would actually go up if they used something like this. lol

I bit my nails like crazy til I was 12. Then I got braces and it made it soooooo hard to bite them. 3 1/2 years of that broke the habit.

When I had braces, couldn't stop all my chewing.

Fingers shredded, braces broken from gnawing on things.

Oh noo, but a pacifier is SO aweful! It's not "age appropriate".

I actually never chewed on anything until I was 18 and met my now hubby. He bites his nails like crazy and then one day I realized I was doing it too. Now I find it hard to stop! It's been a few days since I bit them, but that's because my wisdom tooth is coming in and it's a PITA to chew much of anything right now.

I chew on everything. I go through a minimum of a packet of gum a day. It's mainly when i'm not really thinking of anything...that state of daydream kind of area, when I was at school I would have a pen lid in my mouth, the pen in my hand and if i didnt have the pen lid i would just chew the pen. The amount of times I had black lips from ink grr that was always annoying. I also like to fiddle with things...like at work I have marbles on my desk which i fiddle with while doing things. I also have the inability to keep a pen in my hand without doing something with it....spinning it...tapping it...throwing it and catching it...biting it etc....

I think it has something to do with my short attention span lmao but meh i live with it...

oh btw never get metal pens...biting them by accident is horrible.