LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Boosters

I just thought I'd add a quick review on some of the booster's out there.

The 2 I've used are Abena's abri-let, and Depends' boost. Both brands do a pretty good job, but Abena offers 2 sizes of their product, one is about the same size as Depends' boost, and the other is much bigger.

The Depends boost is 11-inches long and has an adhesive back to it, but does allow liquid to pass through. The adhesive is really weak, but isnt really useful except when putting the diaper on, so doesnt need to be very strong. Its handy for those who put their diaper on by themself, and while standing up.

The Abena abri-let, as mentioned above, comes in 2 sizes. The smaller is 13-inches long (size 'normal'), while the larger is 22-inches by 6-inches (size 'large'). The thickness of the smaller size is about the same as a Depends boost, while the larger size is just slightly thicker. Neither has an adhesive back like the boost. The large abri-let will fit into most diapers (has fit into all I've tried), even though 6-inches seems too wide. The smallest diaper I've put it in is a Depends maximum protection, and it fit fine. In the picture, it looks like its too long for the Depends diaper, but the Depends diaper is elastic and isnt stretched out. After stretching the booster is about 3-inches shorter.

The Depends boost can be found at drugstores or the Wal-Mart without much difficulty.

The abri-lets I've only seen online, and the cheapest place I've found to get is at http://www.kckmedical.com/

The first picture is of the 3 boosters side-by-side (Boost, abri-let normal, abri-let large).

The second picture shows the abri-let large inside a Depends maximum protection.

The last picture shows the abri-let large inside an Abena abri-form X-plus medium.

post-4078-1208477047_thumb.jpg

post-4078-1208477057_thumb.jpg

post-4078-1208477065_thumb.jpg

post-4078-1208477047_thumb.jpg

post-4078-1208477057_thumb.jpg

post-4078-1208477065_thumb.jpg

I've tried many CVS and Walgrens around the Kansas City area and none of them carry the Depends Boost liners. I try not to shop for anything at Walmart but I may have to if they are the only outlet in the area.

Hugs,

Freta

What is the advantage of the HUGE abri-let booster?

HUGE absorbency :-)

I wear depends most of the time, and they are thin, but throwing one of those in makes it more than capable.

The Abri Let Maxi (large type) I have now doesn't seem to have any jell material in them.

Diaper padding only, wicks fluids pretty good.

If your looking for a way to increase absorbancy they are ok but not great.

If your looking for that "Padded feeling" they are fantastic. Put one in any brand of diaper and its like wearing 2-3 diapers at once.

An Abriform X-Plus or Molicare super with one inside will send you waddling down the hallway ^_^

heh, ya, when I want thick, I usually use an X-Plus + large abri-let + 2 small abri-let + 2 depends boosts.

You cant use 2 large abri-lets because it pulls the leg guards away from your legs so you end up leaking after 1 or 2 wettings.

What is the advantage of the HUGE abri-let booster?

Same reasons mentioned before. A big thing I like them for is it greatly reduces the "bunching up" of diaper material caused by sweat. I wear the Abena X-Plus and once in a while have worn without the booster. Within an hour, the diaper was bunching up and very uncomfortable. Adding the booster not only makes any diaper thicker, but I pretty much never suffer from bunched up material.

Oh ya, they are also a great way to transform a cheap Depends into a thick diapie, which I may need to do as the days get warmer again :(

I've used the Depends Boost before but they are thicker and more uncomfortable. When they get wet and swell up they pinch my nuts too much. I use a product called "Diaper Doublers" which I get at Babies-R-Us. They are made for actual baby diapers and are about 10-12 inches long and are much like the abena ones in the picture. They work well and are very comfortable inside a diaper. I used to get them at a Rite Aid drug store but most stores that cary baby diapers don't have them any more. A package of 30 costs $2.99. They are well worth a try for the cost.

Did anyone here ever try microfiber towels, I have been testing them for a month now, they do absorb most anything, and I'm getting longer diaper life out of cheap diapers.

I take 2 and fold them so they fit within the leakguards, and diaper up as normal, alot bulkyer and they feel good.