LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Make The Chat Room Bigger

Is it possible to make the chat room bigger to allow for more people to get in there to chat?

Not at this time as the chat software is not mine to edit. However, if the main room is full a second room can be created

• 5 weeks later...

Large in a different way is my concern... would you consider allowing us to set the size of the chat window on the page?

Currently it is set to 600x500, but with a little PHP and a small text input form, you could make it default to that size and allow a member to resize it to be larger... like, oh, say 900x700 or so. (Make sure to check the PHP variables for SQL injection.)

Or, alternatively, you could use radio buttons to allow people to select from a set of sizes.

Just a thought.

And I was suggesting... editing the Invision Board php code. You don't need to edit the java class to do it. I have a copy of the chat page saved locally... and edited the window to be 800x700. Obviously I can't see the PHP on your server -- and, I guess these boards aren't free, otherwise I would have downloaded them and done the edits myself to demonstrate.

As it is, I have a similar java chat program on a site that I run. It may be different software, but the concept is identical. (You can find the page at http://qmt.ath.cx/javairc/chat.php )

In the source for your page, the following is generated (I don't know exactly how/where in your forum software, but as Invision runs on PHP, the edits should be somewhat similar to mine.

<div style='border:8px outset #BCD0ED;width:800px;'>

<applet codebase="http://chat4.invisionsitetools.com/pcp" archive="pchat.zip" code="ParaChat.class" width="800" height="700">

<!-- snipped unimportant values and then my username/pw info there! -->