LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Bambinos Mostly Hype?

wsdler

I'm criticizing the hype... as for the diaper (after doing some more research) it doesn't seem to be anything more than a Secure X-Plus with a waist band. I'm not into the AB thing so I wasn't interested in buying any however I had heard a lot of folks saying that they were thicker and more absorbent than the Abena X-Plus. This set high expectations. When the Bianco became available (without the nursery prints) I ordered a case. For me they didn't live up to the hype. I was expecting to get something thicker, and something that would hold more than the Abena X-Plus and Molicare Super Plus but it does neither. As for plastic diapers... still plenty of those around. Molicare, Abena, Attends, Tranquility, Mega Careline, Secure, etc. so there certainly doesn't seem to be any shortage. Personally I don't mind cloth all that much either. The Tena Super is a pretty good diaper. I'm concerned with performance and comfort, not aesthetics.

Ok. you probably have a point. I am sorry if I seemed like a jackass. I have not tried Secure X-plus. I do have a couple of abena xl plus left. they recently got discontinued in favor of stupid cloth. likewise, I like performance as well, in several areas. Plastic is part of that equation. Don't like molicare, haven't tried tranquility or mega care line or secure. I will try those as soon as my surplus of Attends is gone. I understand you're point much better now. Aesthetics is always a small percentage of performance. I'm just happy that Bambino diapers are being produced.

Ok. you probably have a point. I am sorry if I seemed like a jackass.

Don't worry about it... I just needed to be a little more clear in what I was after. Re: the others I mentioned... the Mega Carelines are fairly thick. Worth a try just for the experience but ultimately the Abena X Pluses are still my favorites. Not a big fan of the Tranquility ATNs.

• 2 weeks later...

They're actually very nice and comfortable diapers. My biggest issue with them is that I feel like I'm sitting in a wet plastic bag after they've been wet, I didn't seem to notice any wicking at all. It's definitely not thicker nor more absorbent than abena x-plus, but they sure are cute.

• 1 year later...

I love my Bambino Diapers with the Quadro booster. I have been wearing them all this week while visiting my friend in NY to bed then around the apartment all morning. I am worried that I will have a bed wetting accident when I am not wearing a diaper back home. I guess that is why my family has a water proof cover on my matress.

alright I've tried Molicare, Bambinos and Abriform x-plus and can atest to the bambinos being much more absorbent than the other two.

Seriously? Much more absorbant? In my experince of the cuddlz ones, they're about teh same, more sap, but they don't wick as well as the xplus/molicare. So it all balances out.

for me they work pretty good, I use the plain white ones. but i only use them at night. as if need be when i have to use the potty for #2 i can just on do it and then put it back on if its not to wet.

other then that i was using depends during the day and now i have switched to abena airplus. plus for warmer days

I do like the molicares as i got a case of them too. and will use them up before spring hits. i like the molicares for there anti-bacterial thats in them.

I like abenas better, bambinos are kinda stiff around the thighs so walking around in them is a little more work. Abenas are much more smoother and quiet. It's too bad cause I have 16 bambinos left from my last order and I really could care less for them.

You know, I like Bambinos and X-Plus equally. I go with X-Plus because of the convenience of having a supplier near my home and the cost. Bambinos are a bit expensive for my taste so I usually don't indulge with that brand.

I am not sure where people get that Abena X-Plus are cheaper than Bambino unless you get some sort of crazy deal in stores. Btw. XP Medical (best Abena supplier) and Bambino Diapers - Bambino is cheaper in multiple sizes (medium and large I believe) and a cent or two difference in other sizes. I really don't feel like pulling up the chart again because its been posted here by others...but unless you are getting a crazy deal Bambino Diapers are a bit cheaper or within a few cents of Abena...

Some other suppliers really markup their prices of Abenas, I think XP Medical has the best deal on them and thats why I quoted them in comparison to Bambino.

• Like 1

I think bambino diapers are the best diaper out there. Both are good and hold a lot. they are not the hype the are the diapers for the AB/DL community and they are made right. They fit me good and most people in the community like them to and they are a little expensive but they are made for the money you paid

I am not sure where people get that Abena X-Plus are cheaper than Bambino unless you get some sort of crazy deal in stores. Btw. XP Medical (best Abena supplier) and Bambino Diapers - Bambino is cheaper in multiple sizes (medium and large I believe) and a cent or two difference in other sizes. I really don't feel like pulling up the chart again because its been posted here by others...but unless you are getting a crazy deal Bambino Diapers are a bit cheaper or within a few cents of Abena...

I live near XP Medical. Gary, the owner, told me Abena is cheaper to order in bulk and it's cheaper than Bambinos by a few cents, but the savings add up if you buy a case.

^ It depends on the size. Unless you get a special deal at XP Medical even in bulk Bambino is cheaper by a penny than Abena, and the same or within a few pennies in other sizes. I think XP medical has the cheapest too...a lot of places markup the prices a lot.

• Like 1

Ah, but you forget shipping costs. I'm close to XP. I just pick the case up, pay the tax and drive home.

To be fair, the circumstances are exclusive to me.