Clifford the Big Red Dog

The Boxcar Children

Wayside School

Any Mother Goose anthology

In a Dark, Dark Wood

Disney movie books

Raggedy Ann

Everybody Poops...haha

Spot, the Dog (It's a TV series now, but I remember the ORIGINAL shows!)

Where's Waldo?

I Spy

There are lots more...I can't think of them all just this minute...what were some of your favorite books as a child?

What about, "The Wind in The Willows"? Charlotte's Web"? "Mr. Toad's Wild Ride"? A few of my old faves.

Lest I forget that classic, "Alice In Wonderland". Though, I found that one a bit scary. We're talking books here, right? Great kids lit. Not pop-ups.

Cuddles,

--heidilynn ;)

PS: Dr. Suess had a big influence on me, as well.

"Let us go, it is the time, down the avenue of rhyme, to the land of fairy tale, the country of delight"

Thus I was introduced to Wee Willie Winky, Winken, Blinken and Nod, Georgy Porgy and the Ladybird

"hush, hush, the beggars are coming to town - some in rags, some in jags and some in velvet gowns"

I always did wonder how they afforded to travel in Jaguars...

What about, "The Wind in The Willows"? Charlotte's Web"? "Mr. Toad's Wild Ride"? A few of my old faves.

Lest I forget that classic, "Alice In Wonderland". Though, I found that one a bit scary. We're talking books here, right? Great kids lit. Not pop-ups.

Cuddles,

--heidilynn ;)

PS: Dr. Suess had a big influence on me, as well.

Of course I loved all of those! And don't forget Pooh and Oz.

Anyone else remember Shel Silvertstein? Ramona Quimby? Harold and the Purple Crayon?

Anyone else remember Shel Silvertstein? Ramona Quimby? Harold and the Purple Crayon?

Shel? Of course. The author of the Johnny Cash hit, "A Boy Named Sue". But, my acquaintance with he and his work was more through country music circles.

And of course, his contributions to "Playboy" magazine. Brilliant man.

Dick Feller was another Nashville friend of mine. Check out his song, "Biff, The Friendly Purple Bear". Even if you can't find a recording of it (Mac Davis and others covered it), you can still obtain the lyrics to the song on net. Wonderful story!

Cuddles,

--heidilynn ;)

Ohh, Wind In The Willows and Charlotte's Web! For some reason, the line "onion sauce, onion sauce!" (from Wind In The Willows, said by the Mole) always made me laugh.

Oh, and how about Tales Of A Fourth Grade Nothing, Superfudge, Fudge-a-mania, and Otherwise Known As Shelia The Great ?

~ Moogle

The original PL Travers books of Mary Poppins. as a kid I found them quite erotic, dunno why...

Ahhh, Ms. Poppins. The perfect nanny. Julie Andrews portrayal in the movie, didn't hurt the image one bit either. She was hot. "A Spoonful Of Sugar...."Hehehehe. ^_^

Cuddles,

--heidilynn ;)

The one book I remember from my childhood that I loved and still do, and actually have is.... Baby's Christmas.... after all of these years now I understand why I was obsessed with this book....

Now that I am a teacher, 7 yrs for preschool, there are many many books out there that I love...

Click Clack Moo, Cows that Type

all the Froggy Books

I think those are my favorites... too many others to list atm

Had to add the Finn Family Moomintroll by Tove Janssen. Weird creatures North of the Arctic Circle.

Frightening Hattifatteners and the terrifying Groke.

and others in the series, The Adventures of Moominpapa a kind of prequel

The apocalytpic Comet in Moominland

My favourites were The Hungry Caterpiller, Where The Wild Things Are, and a book about a multi coloured elephant (sorry, I can't remember the title).

As for the childrens classics, like Wind in the Willows, Alice in Wonderland etc, I didn't read these until I was an adult. I didn't like the Dr Seus books, as I was scared by the pictures.

I remember coming back from San Francisco with nine very large vintage Oz books in my luggage, the guys at Frisco airport loved me for that. They loved me even more when 3 minutes later they found the piece of the Golden Gate Bridge I helped myself to......oops!!

• 2 weeks later...

As a child I lived for books...still do, actually! And now I have a full-time babysitting/nanny job caring for a 4 year old, so now I have an excuse to go back and read all the old favorites.

Some of my favorites from my childhood

the Anne of Green Gables series

Babysitters Club

Sweet Valley High/Sweet Valley Twins/Sweet Valley Kids

Charlotte's Web, Stuart Little, Summer of the Swan (I think that's the name of it)

the Kirsten books in the American Girls series

the Trixie Belden series (waaaaaaaaaay before my time, but my aunt gave me hers from when she was a kid)

Boxcar Children

anything by Beverly Cleary (I think that's her name...the author of the Ramona Quimby books and others)

Matilda

When I was very young I had a book called "The Golden Mountain." I don't remember the author but OMG I loved that more than any other book. It was about 2 brothers who were farmers but decided to go west during the gold rush. For some reason, the part that sticks with me most was that they sold all the farm animals except their dog Rufus. To this day I want to get a dog and name it Rufus. Is that odd?

Berenstein Bears...ESPECIALLY The Spooky Old Tree. Anyone remember that one? I could have listened to my dad read that for hours.