LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Beyond Freud

Sigmund Freud, the esteemed Austrian psychoanalyst, promulgated the idea that we all have a desire to return to the womb. Could this be at the core of Freudian lore, concerning our community? Or, have times changed so much, that we are beyond such neolithic notions?

Cuddles,

--heidlynn ;)

Thats a way lot of big words. I just want to be daddy's lil boy!

Sigmund Freud, the esteemed Austrian psychoanalyst, promulgated the idea that we all have a desire to return to the womb. Could this be at the core of Freudian lore, concerning our community? Or, have times changed so much, that we are beyond such neolithic notions?

Cuddles,

--heidlynn ;)

Thats a way lot of big words. I just want to be daddy's lil boy!

ricky has it right!

I love being cuddled up warm, safe and cozy (who doesn't?)... but I like to have fun playing, coloring pictures for my Dady, and doing all sorts of stuff that I couldn't do if that happened!

- C.J.

I think there are two sides to this whole train of thought.

1. There have been abs who I have met who would love to have their entire adult mentality erased and start their lives over because of tromadic events that occurred in her life.

2. Some abs never grew up and enjoy acting like a baby and may or may not want a mommy or daddy.

3. There are people who just enjoy role playing.

4. People do perform rebirthing rituals which I'm not too familiar with

first: I'm glad - very glad - that most of freud's theories and ideas are considered outdated in modern psychoanalysis.

if you ever have the chance, time and will to go and get a few of his writings - read them - it's interesting none the less, but hell it doesn't take a lifetime at a univesrsity to get a glimpse that a few of his theories are quite "far off" for most.

about his idea that we all foster a desire to return to the womb - well it might be true for *some* but certainly not for everyone out there.

I for one am darn sure that I have no such desire - I love my adult life - I love responsibility - I love being who I am - and I embrace the fact that any day, any time I might just drop fuckin' dead. if it happens - it happens. I've been in one too many life-threatening situation where I just didn't know whether in 5 seconds I'm still alive or not to still think that "it won't happen". I'm fine with it. I live my life, I embrace my life - I love it outright. but I know quite well that it ain't forever.

I don't believe in hell or heaven, in god(s) or angles - I don't know if anything happens to us when we die or if just in a completely nihilist sense everything just "stops".

with all that in mind - I don't have the slightest desire to "go back" to be somewhere "protected / unseen / unharmed / free of "sin"... / whatever".

I'm not an AB either - I don't like the thought of age-play or role-play in that regards ... I'm not into any sort of "regression" - actually quite the oposite I'm far from wanting any such thing.

I believe freud oversimplified a few things quite harshly - by building up most of his theories on his base believe that most issues a human can have are sexually rooted / childhood based issues. Read his theory about the oedipus complex - about "his" constan love for his mother and the jealousy for his father - hell - shoot me, but there ain't no such thing in my own frickin' life. Jealous of my father? damn - if I ever become that I wish I'd drop dead.

Whilst I don't believe that everything freud has said to be wrong - I think that most of his theories are based on too little factual data, too little deep research and many of his followers (not all, take Jung as an example) were blindly devoted to the infailable theories of their infailable grand master.

they built their own works so heavily dependant on freud's that these would not stand on their own.

And whilst I believe that a lot is rooted in our childhood and sexuality - by far not everything is...

it is a very very complex matter and I do not feel like / am not able to / don't want to try to classify such a complexity in human desires / differences with just a few or just one basic theorie.

Cuddles,

--heidlynn ;)

Freud's fortunes have gone up and down with thinkers over the decades, but there is a currently a tentative rehabilitation occurring on the points of contact he has with modern neuroscience. What's proven are some of his "big" conjectures, such as:

We have an Unconscious mind

the Ego is located in the prefrontal cortex, the seat of ordinary consciousness and willpower

the Id (unconscious) is the rest of the brain/nervous system and particularly the limbic system and deeper structures found in other animals, and governs our most basic instincts and desires

Dreams express our deep desires or avoidance of that undesired, and as such are windows to the unconscious mind. These could include in some cases the desire to return to the womb, defined as a feeling of safety and warmth.

That we really do know ourselves under all the conscious masks we contrive is doubtful.

The Superego is the mechanism of cortical inhibition which underlies our sense of morality

Our most basic instincts are focussed on sex as reproduction over mere survival (this being a consequence of sociobiology and "selfish genes")

Concerning sexuality, our formative impulses come from early childhood, and many have suffered physical and mental traumas, leading to memories and their ownership being hidden, repressed or revisited. Other people have had more idyllic childhoods, and the strength of feeling to trigger a desire varies.

Psychotherapy is still a useful tool for people to confront their issues frankly, and the couch is a relaxing item of furniture. Just the guidelines have become updated from the strict Freudian, in line with our best modern Psychiatry for various flavours of mental illness, most of whose physical pathways in the brain have now been tracked down, or are a work in progess, and for the most part best addressed by pharmaceuticals.

I'd say, Freud got carried away with his immense classical education, standard humanities baggage, which took him along some strange pathways. While the story of Oedipus may ring true for some, I find my situation better parallelled by that of the transvestite Achilles. Did the Ancient Greeks have nappies?

first: I'm glad - very glad - that most of freud's theories and ideas are considered outdated in modern psychoanalysis.

if you ever have the chance, time and will to go and get a few of his writings - read them - it's interesting none the less, but hell it doesn't take a lifetime at a univesrsity to get a glimpse that a few of his theories are quite "far off" for most.

about his idea that we all foster a desire to return to the womb - well it might be true for *some* but certainly not for everyone out there.

I for one am darn sure that I have no such desire - I love my adult life - I love responsibility - I love being who I am - and I embrace the fact that any day, any time I might just drop fuckin' dead. if it happens - it happens. I've been in one too many life-threatening situation where I just didn't know whether in 5 seconds I'm still alive or not to still think that "it won't happen". I'm fine with it. I live my life, I embrace my life - I love it outright. but I know quite well that it ain't forever.

I don't believe in hell or heaven, in god(s) or angles - I don't know if anything happens to us when we die or if just in a completely nihilist sense everything just "stops".

with all that in mind - I don't have the slightest desire to "go back" to be somewhere "protected / unseen / unharmed / free of "sin"... / whatever".

I'm not an AB either - I don't like the thought of age-play or role-play in that regards ... I'm not into any sort of "regression" - actually quite the oposite I'm far from wanting any such thing.

I believe freud oversimplified a few things quite harshly - by building up most of his theories on his base believe that most issues a human can have are sexually rooted / childhood based issues. Read his theory about the oedipus complex - about "his" constan love for his mother and the jealousy for his father - hell - shoot me, but there ain't no such thing in my own frickin' life. Jealous of my father? damn - if I ever become that I wish I'd drop dead.

Whilst I don't believe that everything freud has said to be wrong - I think that most of his theories are based on too little factual data, too little deep research and many of his followers (not all, take Jung as an example) were blindly devoted to the infailable theories of their infailable grand master.

they built their own works so heavily dependant on freud's that these would not stand on their own.

And whilst I believe that a lot is rooted in our childhood and sexuality - by far not everything is...

it is a very very complex matter and I do not feel like / am not able to / don't want to try to classify such a complexity in human desires / differences with just a few or just one basic theorie.

I may not always agree with what you say but I'll agree with you on that! A the fuck MEN!

Smarti has alot of solid things to say, and I agree with most, however, I disagree that pharmaceuticals best address the problems faced by those with verified mental illnesses. I think pills and such prescribed by a physician are a way to 'mask' symptoms and triggers because a patient is unable/unwilling to confront the real issue within them.

Schizophrenia is a REAL ill/disease -- You can physically verify that one's hemispheres are distanced further than 'the norm' from the base population, and therefore, I believe pharmacology is a suitable route for that ailment because of its obvious physical difference from other mental illnesses.

Most other common mental ills have roots in how we associate objects/situations in our environment. And while one can be prescribed a drug to help them deal with the effects of such associations, there is no drug that will 'fix' the root problem -- the association itself.

If certain chemicals could alter our brains to change associations with certain objects or scenarios within our environment, I fear changing such things would alter our personality/ID as a whole, possibly rendering us as different individuals altogether. I like me, and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Freud had a lot of theorises and many of them contradict each other so I am not too worried about what he say.

Pulse there is such variety in the actions and reason with in AB/DLs I do not think one explanation would every cover them all.

However there are so more up to data use of the psychodynamic approach which are tailored more to this topic which do carry some weight as you can see at

http://www.toddlertime.com/regression/infantilism.htm

Freud had a lot of theorises and many of them contradict each other so I am not too worried about what he say.

Pulse there is such variety in the actions and reason with in AB/DLs I do not think one explanation would every cover them all.

However there are so more up to data use of the psychodynamic approach which are tailored more to this topic which do carry some weight as you can see at

http://www.toddlertime.com/regression/infantilism.htm

That site is a joke. It's just part of a cashcow bunch of sites hopeing to get sales. They have a load of addies comes up on loads of stuff. Most likely written by someone who got their degree from the university of wikipedia.

Cuddles,

--heidlynn ;)

i would hardly consider anything by freud to be of a "neolithic notion".

That site is a joke. It's just part of a cashcow bunch of sites hopeing to get sales. They have a load of addies comes up on loads of stuff. Most likely written by someone who got their degree from the university of wikipedia.

I had to slap myself before I responded to this ridiculous post. Kathi Stringer is currently, without a doubt, the most knowledgeable person on this planet on the subject of infantilism. And, transgendered ABDLs. She has done her homework, missy. You haven't. Obviously.

Every site needs financial support. Her site is not cluttered with ads. In fact, the last time I visited, I really don't recall any ads at all. All I was interested in, was the message. To everyone "within the sound of my voice", do yourselves a favor and visit Kathi Stringer's site: toddlertime.com/.

It's gonna make ya proud one day...I promise ya.

Cuddles,

--heidilynn ;)

PS: Her current publication "5150", can be purchased online through Amazon. This is a purely, unsolicited endorsement.

i would hardly consider anything by freud to be of a "neolithic notion".

OK. You're right. Maybe not neolithic. How about, "archaic notion"? Forgive my poet's instinct for alliteration. Get the message? You want to quibble somantics with me? We'll be here all day and well into the night. Should you care to. ;)

Cuddles,

--heidilynn

PS: Sorry for the vitriol. I'm still angry at the diss to Kathi. She deserves better.

Every site needs financial support. Her site is not cluttered with ads. In fact, the last time I visited, I really don't recall any ads at all. All I was interested in, was the message. To everyone "within the sound of my voice", do yourselves a favor and visit Kathi Stringer's site: toddlertime.com/.

It's gonna make ya proud one day...I promise ya.

Cuddles,

--heidilynn ;)

PS: Her current publication "5150", can be purchased online through Amazon. This is a purely, unsolicited endorsement.

Like i said cashcow set of sites...why else would they need to spreed the info over multiple addies(www.toddlertime for abdl stuff..www.cdsomethingorother for one of the stransgeneder pages). Any proper source would have one addy.

And why would it make me proud to visit it??? Will Gawd save america or something if i do???

Psychotherapy is still a useful tool for people to confront their issues frankly, and the couch is a relaxing item of furniture. Just the guidelines have become updated from the strict Freudian, in line with our best modern Psychiatry for various flavours of mental illness, most of whose physical pathways in the brain have now been tracked down, or are a work in progess, and for the most part best addressed by pharmaceuticals.

I'd say, Freud got carried away with his immense classical education, standard humanities baggage, which took him along some strange pathways. While the story of Oedipus may ring true for some, I find my situation better parallelled by that of the transvestite Achilles. Did the Ancient Greeks have nappies?

I agree, psychotherapy is a useful means for people to cope with their everyday existence. I just feel there is so much more here, with us, than appears at face value. I don't think Freudian psychology has a lock on it. I think Jung hit closer to the nail with his "Duality of Man" theory. No doubt, influenced by Eastern philosophy. Yin and Yang.

Freud's pathways also included a severe cocaine addiction, which may have led him to some of his conclusions/delusions. It does not, IMHO, denigrate his impact on human welfare.

Did the Ancient Greeks wear nappies? Of course, they did. Everybody did back then. Except the children. They got to run around naked. Wheeeeee! Toiletry, back then, was an abritrary option.

Cuddles,

--heidilynn ;)

Like i said cashcow set of sites...why else would they need to spreed the info over multiple addies(www.toddlertime for abdl stuff..www.cdsomethingorother for one of the stransgeneder pages). Any proper source would have one addy.

And why would it make me proud to visit it??? Will Gawd save america or something if i do???

You said it best. Why would they need to spread the info?

Information, lassie. Information.

And, if you don't feel proud about who you are, I feel truly sorry for you. Hopefully, one day, you will feel proud. And, get on with your real life.

Cuddles,

--heidilynn ;)

God save the Queen!

You said it best. Why would they need to spread the info?

Information, lassie. Information.

And, if you don't feel proud about who you are, I feel truly sorry for you. Hopefully, one day, you will feel proud. And, get on with your real life.

Cuddles,

--heidilynn ;)

God save the Queen!

Hey God save the Queen, we sing that in Canada at gay bars!

Its imporatnt that this informationcan be found. Not many people understand or know about Adult babies and especially about infantilism. I have several links on my blog just for that reason. My family doctor has even visited those links on my Daddy's suggestion.

OK. You're right. Maybe not neolithic. How about, "archaic notion"? Forgive my poet's instinct for alliteration. Get the message? You want to quibble somantics with me? We'll be here all day and well into the night. Should you care to. ;)

quibble semantics with you? that would be insane. almost as bad as trying to relate freud to the neolithic era simply because it alliterates with another word.

PS. your "poet's instinct" blows.

are you two fighting cause i hope not!!

You are from boone NC? Is that near Durham? :D

I don't think it's a fight. But if it is, I'm ready.

Boone, North Carolina?

It's in western NC. Durham is more north central NC.

Boone is a beautiful town. Nestled in the Great Smoky Mountains. Just off the "Blue Ridge Parkway". Been through many a time, during my tenure in the South. Great barbeque there. Mmmm-Hmmmh! My mouth is now pretending to be the Lincoln Plaza fountain, just thinking about it.

Cuddles,

--heidilynn