LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

A Way To Deal With Crappy Tapes

Aleia

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the tip. I have been wondering lately why it seems that the more expensive the diaper is, the crappier the tapes are! I wear abenas and molicares and both have suspect tapes (however, secure plus works very well!). Recently I bought some assurance diapers from walmart and the tapes work excellent. Why is this?

I order cases of Abena Super regularly, and lately, the tapes aren't nearly as good as they were, but it might be a bad batch. It seems like every single bottom tape pops, where they used to stick so tight they'd tear the plastic before popping.

I've tried the Ace Bandage, but it bunches up and doesn't work for me. Also, I wear tight boxer briefs over them, but nonetheless the tapes pop and stick to my legs. Bleh

I order cases of Abena Super regularly, and lately, the tapes aren't nearly as good as they were, but it might be a bad batch. It seems like every single bottom tape pops, where they used to stick so tight they'd tear the plastic before popping.

I've noticed that too, and thought also that it might just be a bad bag, got a bag of Attends once that the middle tape on the righthand side was folded over onto itself (and therefore unuseable) but it was just that bag. Next order, all good!

"A Way To Deal With Crappy Tapes"

I'm surprised no one didn't reply "stop crapping on the tapes"! :D

The way I deal with tapes that don't want to stay put is to use shipping/packageing tape, doing this makes sure the diaper will stay put and if you need to remove your diaper in a hurry to do a poo in a toliet, :huh: forget it, :o it aint going to come off very fast, so you might just as well enjoy the feeling of messinig your diaper :rolleyes: and deal with having to clean up afterwards. :(

The way I deal with tapes that don't want to stay put is to use shipping/packageing tape, doing this makes sure the diaper will stay put and if you need to remove your diaper in a hurry to do a poo in a toliet, :huh: forget it, :o it aint going to come off very fast, so you might just as well enjoy the feeling of messinig your diaper :rolleyes: and deal with having to clean up afterwards. :(

Haha thats funny stuff right there. I had some abena's and I couldn't get the tapes to stay put. So used some packing tape to secure them... Then the misery came! I had to go number 2 real bad at school. I was dancin all around in the bathroom and couldn't get the tapes off. Its funny now, but was mortifying at the time. lol

~Brian

wipe your hands off with a wipe before you open the tapes. Most of the failures I've dealt with is from powder or oil on the hands.
Thanks Greg...but I don't touch the sticky part of the tape, nor the plastic shell before sticking them down. I have not changed anything in my routine since they stopped sticking, and have tried every combo of 'wash hands, flatten plastic, not too tight...' I could think of...POP.

The way I deal with tapes that don't want to stay put is to use shipping/packageing tape, doing this makes sure the diaper will stay put

DOES NOT!

I have some monster heavy duty packing tape at work, the best we can find, but even that stuff won't do it! Its like they accidentally mixed some teflon in with this batch! I taped over the white and blue tapes when I first put one on...ten minutes later...POP. So, I went to the bathroom and added another strip of tape on the shell of the diaper and under the first, scrubbing it down really good to make sure it stuck...POP. Even good "Duck" brand duct tape won't hold them!

I just wrote KCK to complain and hope for a couple packages replaced. I literally JUST put a new one on, including Abri-let Maxi stuffer. I didn't even manage to get all four tapes fastened before the first ones were popping off! :angry2::mf_microwave::bash::badmood:

I too have had many of the same troubles here as others. I have had trouble with thapes of Molicare Super Plus, Abena X Plus, Secure X Plus and Bambino. On some of them I too have barely got one tape on and am just going for the second one when the first one pops off and it will not re-stick with out extra tape. The Bambino's and the Secure X Pluse seem to stick the first time, but with in a couple of hours the tape has broken off the back of the diaper. I have too keep a roll of PVC tape on hand. That seems to work ok, but it kindof gets old real quick having to keep taping up diapers that are soposed to be able to be worn for 8 hours or so. Just my 2 cents.

Well I would think the problem is either the plastic outer shell of the diaper OR some thing has gotten onto the diaper causeing the tape not to stick cause if you have indeed used packageing tape you will know it is almost impossable to remove it from a diaper without ripping the plastic outer shell of a diaper.

The last time I used packageing tape to tape on a weekend diaper I had to take a pair of sissors to cut the tape to remove the diaper.

Perhaps wrapping it around would work, but I'm not into 'rip..rippppp...riiiiiiiipppppppppppp' sounds coming from the bathroom as I pull packing tape or duct tape off the roll. I'd contemplate using Air Plus, if not for the extra expense and hassle.

Thanks for the tip. I have been wondering lately why it seems that the more expensive the diaper is, the crappier the tapes are! I wear abenas and molicares and both have suspect tapes (however, secure plus works very well!). Recently I bought some assurance diapers from walmart and the tapes work excellent. Why is this?

Maybe the tapes aren't better on the cheaper diapers, but because you can't wear them as long due to absorbency the tapes don't matter as much? I notice that most of the plastic on the Secure X-Plus swells, but not the more rigid taping panel; because the others don't have a panel like that, maybe the plastic is stretching which makes the tapes pop off.

Of course if they're popping off right when you put it on then maybe it's something else.

I've used duct tape, packing tape and even a stapeler to staple my diapers on. All have worked but what is easest is to just use a diaper pin or pins through the tapes that won't stay stuck. Actual baby diaper pins with the colored plastic heads work fine for me when I have a problem with tapes. When disposable diapers first came out years ago people used diaper pins because they didn't have tapes.

I just use Tena pants or whatever they're called. They're a reusable disposable mesh pant. They're designed to hold pads in but if you have a diaper with questionable tapes they work GREAT for giving it extra support so the tapes don't come loose. One pair is about 3 or 4 bucks and they last quite a while. They also cut down on crinkles a bit.

My problem is always with the top tapes on the expensive diapers. If I am sitting down I can sometimes just feel them slip off a bit and then come undone completely. I think the reason the cheaper diapers tend to stick better is because the plastic backing is more, well, plastic-y. The expensive diapers have a softer, quieter plastic that I think just doesn't stick as well.

On a side note, someone posted about a bad batch of abenas - in my last case it seemed that about one out of ten diapers had a hole somewhere near the crotch.

Maybe you could run some packing tape across the top of the diaper to create a no-stretch "landing zone, " like old baby diapers used to have.

Maybe you could run some packing tape across the top of the diaper to create a no-stretch "landing zone, " like old baby diapers used to have.

I tried that and the diaper tapes didn't stick to it, but maybe it would work for some brands.