LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Wipes And Barier Cream Questions?

Sorry if this has been asked but are adult wipes better for cleaning an adults messy diaper than baby wipes? And as for bariers could I use best baby oit/lotion or could I use powder/corn starch? Thanks

Prior to 2000, i was fecal incontinent. I use to use the Attends brand wipes. Using baby wipes was far too messy.

Sorry if this has been asked but are adult wipes better for cleaning an adults messy diaper than baby wipes? And as for bariers could I use best baby oit/lotion or could I use powder/corn starch? Thanks

I do use baby wipes sometimes as they are fine but can get a little tricky when cleaning up somewhat of a big mess. Adult wipes would be better in that sense. But baby wipes are more than capable...just may have to use a few more :-)

• 2 weeks later...

I have found the adult wipes do a good job. For me though, i enjoy using the baby wipes because they smell better and my personal choice. For messes, i ues a soft paper towel first, and then use a wipe to finsih the cleaning.

As for barrier creams or lotions. Be careful what you use. A barrier cream is exactly what it says. Many times I have used Desitin, which is probably one of the best for rashes. Other barrier creams or lotion give good protectiopn. Remember, barrier, means exactly that. Once applied, it has tendancy to rub off on the inside of your diaper, which causes a barrier on the lining. I have had occasions where i eneded up leaking because the barrier cream would not allow the fluid to drain into the padding of the diaper.

Just something to think about.

• 2 weeks later...

I have found the adult wipes do a good job. For me though, i enjoy using the baby wipes because they smell better and my personal choice. For messes, i ues a soft paper towel first, and then use a wipe to finsih the cleaning.

As for barrier creams or lotions. Be careful what you use. A barrier cream is exactly what it says. Many times I have used Desitin, which is probably one of the best for rashes. Other barrier creams or lotion give good protectiopn. Remember, barrier, means exactly that. Once applied, it has tendancy to rub off on the inside of your diaper, which causes a barrier on the lining. I have had occasions where i eneded up leaking because the barrier cream would not allow the fluid to drain into the padding of the diaper.

Just something to think about.

That is an interesting situation... how much of a barrier cream were you using? I always use desitin as I have sensitive skin and have never had a problem with it causing a leak. I don't lather it on thickly though.

~Brian