LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Surgery! :(

Apparently (just found out the other day) I need some surgery. Nothing major - I was told unless there are complications (that part bothers me a little), I won't even be there over night (it's just a hernia).

I looked up everything I could find (within reason) on the Internet about how exactly this is done. The procedure itself, I'm not too worried about - it almost looks like if you gave me the right tools, I could do it. What DOSE scary me BIG TIME is what exactly the drugs used to knock you out so they can do the operation do to the body!

Probably shouldn't have looked that part up, but since I did, I can not remove that knowledge from my brain now! :(:unsure::crybaby:

As Bob Seger said, "I wish I didn't know now what I didn't know then."

But, where were we? Oh, yes. Before I was old enough to know, I had a hernia and a surgery for it. Apparently I turned out ok. *twitch*

Ok, here's my suggestion: have a sense of humor.

When you wake up, ask them how the apendectomy went... or if they got your spleen out without trouble, or something equally unrelated. See how they react.

I also suggest ample usage of the phrases, "I haven't had drugs like this since college," and "Hey, will this stuff make me see trails?"

When you wake up, ask them how the apendectomy went... or if they got your spleen out without trouble, or something equally unrelated. See how they react.

I also suggest ample usage of the phrases, "I haven't had drugs like this since college," and "Hey, will this stuff make me see trails?"

That would be so cool~ XD i would pay to see their faces lol

Necros~

The best thing to do, is right before they put you under is to ask "When it's overwill I be able to Tango?"

When they say "Yes", say "Cool because I can't now."

:Crylol::roflmao:

I like those Ideas... Would sure be something to see those facial expressions! - LMAO

Hang in there dude, you'll be okay.

Just a few notes, don't worry on the antistetic unless it doesn't work! don't research that as it will scare the hell outta ya!! trust me!!!

When you wake up you aren't going to even know where you are for about 15 minutes at least, so your not going to be concious enough for a snippet. But you might be able to toss one out before your released..good luck.

Hey Necros- what the Heck does that XD mean?, I see it in your posts all the time :huh:

Hang in there dude, you'll be okay.

Just a few notes, don't worry on the antistetic unless it doesn't work! don't research that as it will scare the hell outta ya!! trust me!!!

YES, I know - 'cause I ALREADY DID! :(

That is the MAIN problem - now I know EXACTLY what that stuff dose to your body, and what can happen if somehow you accidentally get just a little too much! (I know the people that administer it are well trained in using it, and do it all the time, without any major incidents - but still, they are humans, and humans do on occasion make mistakes regardless of how careful they are.)

But unfortunately, there really isn't much that can be done about that (presently anyway) - Just hope to God that if something dose go wrong, it will be noticed in plenty of time to do something about it.

But what kind of makes things a bit worst, is the fact that I still have about one and a half weeks to think about it (no actual definite date yet, but I found out about this Monday, and then the surgeon said he wanted to try to do it within two weeks) - I have an appointment with just an ordinary MD on Monday, just to run a few test before the operation, and after the surgeon gets those reports, I'll get an actual date.

Surgery huh? Well Let me be the first to tell ya, it aint all that bad. I have had three major operations on my shoulder and came out just fine, and for the record im the biggest baby in the world when it comes to pain and needles. In fact if needles scare you, tell your doc when you see him, and remind the nurses at the hospital. I guarantee they will hook you up with medication that will have you puttin the IV in yourself. In my case, I was shownin the nurses my horsey tattoo, whether they wanted to see him or not :blush: . my mom was appalled im sure, but hay i was having a good time.

After the surgery make sure you got someone you trust that can take care of you for several days. Do everything the doc/surgon tells you to do. Use the pain meds often, dont tough it out. Eat lots of prunes, trust me on that one! You will be just fine, and remember when you come out of anaesthesia you might say or do strange things...I woke up sucking my thumb. Good luck to ya :thumbsup:

Surgery huh? Well Let me be the first to tell ya, it aint all that bad. I have had three major operations on my shoulder and came out just fine, and for the record im the biggest baby in the world when it comes to pain and needles. In fact if needles scare you, tell your doc when you see him, and remind the nurses at the hospital. I guarantee they will hook you up with medication that will have you puttin the IV in yourself.

I can't stand getting needles - but it's not the tool itself that bothers me....Actually it most likely would not be a problem if I was doing it myself! - Didn't used to be that way though; the deal with that is, when I was about 23 blood was needed to run some tests on, the person that ended up trying to take it apparently had no idea what they were doing - my arm felt like a dart board (and I don't have any tattoos to hide any veins or anything)! - After this idiot tried and failed about 6 times!, they were sure surprised when I grabbed the needle from them!, By the time they could say anything, I already had it in (First try) asking how much they needed.

After the surgery make sure you got someone you trust that can take care of you for several days.

That's not a problem at all, I have been living with my GF/mommy for about the past 15 years (most people, including mom ad dad, just call her my wife, essentially that's true, there is just no legal document showing that).

Do everything the doc/surgon tells you to do. Use the pain meds often, dont tough it out.

Of course, they are the experts in this matter, not me. And pain medication I NEVER toss out, even if I don't use the full bottle for what it was given to me for, you never know when it could be useful.

You will be just fine, and remember when you come out of anaesthesia you might say or do strange things...I woke up sucking my thumb. Good luck to ya :thumbsup:

Yeah, the possibility of making an ass out of myself has crossed my mind, considering how f*%ked up that stuff will get you - if all that happens is I end up sucking my thumb, no big deal - I am just afraid of really making a total ass out of my self just because of being that "out of it". But everyone keeps telling me not to worry about that because all the docs/nurses are use to that sort of thing....

• 2 weeks later...

(First time I have actually been able to sit at my computer since Friday morning - when the operation was done)

As for the drugs used to knock you out with - after finally getting ahold of my dad, and him telling me that he would not hesitate at all, I decided to just trust those people, and try to put the possible dangers out of my mind (My dad is so anti-drugs it's hard to get him to even use aspirin if he has a bad headache - to trust him telling me that even more - he was not always that anti-drugs, what turned him was an injury he got while in the service [He is NOT allowed to even tell me exactly what happened, or exactly what he did - all I know for sure is that it was with the CIA] - anyway, basically he was badly injured somehow, it hurt extremely badly, and service docs just weren't paying close enough attention to how much morphine he was given, or for how long he had had been taking it - so basically what he ended up with - no was not addition in the TRUE since of the word, but a definite chemical dependency on the drug, and that is why he is EXTREMELY reluctant to take anything at all [including the occasional one social drink - though it is not totally unheard of, but excessively rare]) I on the other hand am not that paranoid, and while I admit it was not vary smart, have taken a few drugs in the past for no reason other than to feel good (I mean other than alcohol, or even weed) - but fortunately, I NEVER had an addition, or chemical dependency problem - so my thought, after talking to him was - if this man that is that paranoid of any drug use is telling me he would do it if he were me......

Oh, he even pulled logic up against me (something I frequently use to justify a lot of things) - he knows I have used drugs recreationally in the past - he pointed out that actually with what I used may be safer in and of itself - these circumstances are safer, because has the recreational use resulted in an accidental overdose, first off, someone would have needed to get me to the hospital, then they would have been basically guessing about what I took, and how much of it - this was, medical professionals are right there, and they know exactly what I took, and the EXACT amount because THEY gave it to me!

(Grr, I love logic, and hate it at the same time!)

Apparently (just found out the other day) I need some surgery. Nothing major - I was told unless there are complications (that part bothers me a little), I won't even be there over night (it's just a hernia).

I looked up everything I could find (within reason) on the Internet about how exactly this is done. The procedure itself, I'm not too worried about - it almost looks like if you gave me the right tools, I could do it. What DOSE scary me BIG TIME is what exactly the drugs used to knock you out so they can do the operation do to the body!

Probably shouldn't have looked that part up, but since I did, I can not remove that knowledge from my brain now! :(:unsure::crybaby:

A hernia operation is no big deal. Many of them are done with nerve blocking or local anesthetics and done on an outpatient level. If they don't put you out, and you are listening in, just pray you don't hear the doc say, "Ooooops!" :roflmao:

Cuddles,

--heidilynn :thumbsup:

I assume the surgery went alright? I was expecting that in the post.

Well, since I am still here to talk about it.........(That was my biggest worry)....

However, there was a slight problem afterwords (no big deal really though) - 3 days after the operation, I still could not stand without help, walking, with help still hurt so bad it took 20 mins. to climb out flight of stairs, and none of my pants would fit! - Finally got ahold of the surgeon (my initial assumption for most of that was I THOUGHT I needed a stronger pain killer) - it turned out the REAL problem was I was taking too much of what I already had (good reason to NOT allow too much self medicating) - it's easy to say, if it still hurts take something stronger - BUT apparently what was causing most of the pain at that point, WAS NOT the surgery itself - if was a build up of gas, that was not releasing, because the narcotic in the pain medication was not allowing musicals to contract to push it out - so just STOP taking the narcotic, two days later, it's fine, AND my pants fit! :)

BTW - I did wake up clutching a teddy bear that I did not have when I went in! - I latter found out one of the nurses gave it to me......