LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Great Information On Incontinence

• 1 year later...

I thoroughly disagree with that type of advice on the use of pads. I'm not incon, but I know people who are, I lurk on incon support sites but don't post out of respect (I doubt incon people would appreciate DL's invading their sites) and from what I can tell, a lot of people don't find successful treatments. Drugs have low success rates in that they often can reduce people's symptoms but not eliminate them. What good is it to go from having lots of accidents to half as many accidents? You'd still need a diaper, no?

Of course any incon person should go get checked out, but from what I see, a lot of people eventually get sick and tired of never ending doctors appointments that subject them to humiliating and invasive tests. A huge percentage of urge incon from OAB, a cause cannot even be determined. Even when drugs work, they often have very bad side effects that a lot of people can't tolerate.

I think a lot of medical sites and doctors try to discourage people from using diapers because of the stigma. But, if the patient has come to accept their condition and effectively manage it with diapers and they accept their need for diapers it seems to me that this type of advice only serves to make incon people feel even worse about themselves. It seems they directly contribute to the stigma.

If i was incon, i'd try meds, wear protection while looking for a cure, but I wouldn't subject myself to invasive test after invasive test year in and year out just to please a doctor. If diapers work for someone and they are ok with wearing them, then that's all that matters, IMO.

my 2 cents fwiw.