LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

The Best Of The Best.

I know there are a lot of reviews out there, and a lot of info on different brands.

I have heard good things about Abena Abri-form X-Plus and when i am able to order online someday, i was thinking about definitely trying those out.

I really want one that is soft, thick and warm. One that hold a lot of wetness and is good at stopping leaks. My ideal diaper is big and soft and doesn't clump much when wet. I want to be able to trust it too and be sure that i'm able to go when i want to and not worry about leaks.

The first time i bought diapers was about a month ago at my local drugstore. I have been using Depends due to the fact that i think they are better than the CVS/RiteAid brand, and they are easy to find at most drugstores. I'm a big boy and i like to wet heavily so i have been using the "Depend Maximum Protection fitted brief" in the largest size, and while these are the first and only brand of adult diapers i have ever worn, i have heard a lot of bad stuff about them and i have had problems with leaks, nearly everytime i wet them, especially when im sitting down.

Im not gonna complain about depends though cause they are better than nothing and they actually do a decent job holding a lot of liquid if you dont flood them all at once! I'd rather been in depends than be diaperless! =)

I have a question about depends though... Online i have heard of a bunch of different Depend diapers and seen a bunch of different looking bags. I've heard people say good things about depend's "Overnights" but i cant seem to find them anywhere, and when i looked up pictures they looked a lot like the Maximum Protection diapers that i own. So are they the same thing? Did they just change the name and change the box or what is the deal? What is the BEST diaper than depend makes for a heavy wetter and a big boy like me?! =)

As soon as i can figure out a way to secretly order diapers online, i will try out abena, cause i've heard they are awesome. I've heard good things about Attends too. Is x-plus better than attends or not?

But until then, i'll have to stick with depends as they are all i can find at my local rite-aid store. So if i HAVE TO use depends for now (once again its WAY better than nothing) which type of depends should i buy? Keep buying the largest maximum protection?

Thanks for the help!

-edokat

Hi Edokat!

Welcome to the wonderful world of diapers. And i agree with you totally wearing depends is better than wearing nothing! I personally like depends. They are readily available, for me they are very comfortable and they hold up well. Depend only makes one diaper (they call them briefs) and that is what you have the fitted maximum protection, which is simply a name change. they used to be called depend overnights and come in a red/blue bag. now the bags are green. As for leaks, and yes depends are prone to that look for a product called Depend Boost. It is a small pad that fits inside the diaper and increases the absorbency to an incredible level. Your problems with leaks will be over! I haven't had the chance to wear diapers since August (living iwth my parents at the moment) but the Boost pads (which if the store carries them should be right next to the depends diapers) were cheap i believe 4.99 or 5.99 for a pack of 20 and they really are worth it! there was a rumor that the price was going to increase to 7.99 but again haven't worn in awhile so am not sure.

Again welcome to the world of diapers. Enjoy! (if you have anymore questions send me a pm!)

Hey there edokat. I haven't tried Depends myself so I can't help you there but I have tried the Abena X-plus you mentioned. They are pretty good diapers in my opinion, though they are only the second brand I have ever tried. They are one of the thickest brands out there and definitely hold a lot before they leak. Also when used with one of abena's boosters they are almost impossible for me to leak. The one gripe I have about them is that they don't have re-fastenable tabs.

As for the Ordering in secret I do have a solution for you! I live at home with my parents and of course keep my DL life a secret. When I ordered my first pack of diapers online I got lucky and it arrived at my door while no one was home. The second time I had the store ship the diapers to a UPS store and I went and picked them up and kept them in my car trunk until no one was home and brought them into my room. I suggest ordering from XP medical, thats where I got my last supply from and if you follow a link from this website a portion of the order goes to DailyDiapers!

Depends used to make multiple absorbancies of their diaper style briefs - Depends and Depends Overnights. Now they just make Depends Maximum Protection. The old types went through a number of different styles. They began with green plastic ones that were EXTREMELY crinkly and thicker than the newer models.

• 2 weeks later...

I have worn a lot of different diaper brands and they all have their pro's and con's. The two brands that I use exclusively now are Abena's and Bambino's. Both diapers will satisfy your requirements for a 'soft, thick diaper' Both will hold large amounts of wetness without leaking. I give the edge to Bambino's though as that diaper is really great.