LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

How Does Diaper Wearing Affect Bowel Habits?

I know this might be a distasteful topic for some...I'm sure many have already skipped over it. That's fine.

I've been wearing diapers during the day at work (I'm lucky to be able to without any notice). I've also noticed a change in bowel habits. I used to be a very 'regular' type person - pretty much once per day, in the morning. Since wearing, I've noticed that even though I don't mind moving bowels while in a diaper, my body seems a little shy. I don't want to have a movement while people are around - though I've read the posts from people who do. I've often found my body holding it in until I get out of my diaper.

There are some days when no one is around and I use my diaper during the day. Other times, I find that I 'need' to go at other times during the day. It seems like something subconscious is telling my body a message I didn't consciously intend. This isn't a big issue at all - just a question of curiosity.

Have others of you found your bowel habits changed by wearing diapers part time, or by going to 24/7...or by any other change of diaper habits? I'm curious about your experiences.

diaperpt

Yes, I've noticed much the same thing. A few years ago I was 24/7 for a few weeks. I was allowed to use the toilet for poop if I wanted, but I sort of had mixed feelings about it; I didn't want to take off my diaper to go to the bathroom, but I also didn't really want to deal with the hassle or smell of a poopy diaper. After a few days I found I was only getting the urge to poop when I was getting undressed for my morning shower and wouldn't have a diaper on anyway.

The urge to poop is an involved thing which involves pressure and irritation of the bowel. Those who have regular habits will need to train themselves out of it (i.e., if you normally do it on the toilet every morning after breakfast, that's when your body will want to do it in the diaper as well). Of course, a number of things: diet changes, drugs, etc... can change this pattern.

I don`t really worry too much, I wear a nappy pretty much all the time at home I hold on as long as I can and just let it come naturally if my husband Paddi is around he will change me (he`s getting quite good at it now). But I don`t really seem to think about it

I remove the diaper for bowel movements and use the toilet. Interestingly, wearing a diaper seems to encourage regularity for me. Maybe it's because I'm more relaxed when I'm wearing and I can prepare myself a bit. When I really have to go I feel more comfortable when I get to the toilet.

I've learned to relax, too. I used to try to force it on the toilet when I was between diapers, and that, combined with eating on the road and taking red-eye flights, send me to the doctor with intestinal issues. Often, when wearing diapers, we are tempted to consume less liquid so we don't have to change as often. So be careful with diapers and bowel habits! Drink lots of fluid, and eat/take extra fiber. Your body will be glad because of it.

I've been wearing 24/7 for about a month now and have just been using my diaper for messing about 95% of the time. I'm pretty regular most of the time. The few times that I have used the toilet I have noticed how annoying it can be - I mean, when I just go in my diaper I can be doing other things until I'm done. If I use the potty, I have to sit around and wait for minutes and minutes until I'm done. I don't know if my bowel habits have changed but I definitely have less patience to sit around on the potty!

• 2 weeks later...

I've been wearing 24/7 for about a month now and have just been using my diaper for messing about 95% of the time. I'm pretty regular most of the time. The few times that I have used the toilet I have noticed how annoying it can be - I mean, when I just go in my diaper I can be doing other things until I'm done. If I use the potty, I have to sit around and wait for minutes and minutes until I'm done. I don't know if my bowel habits have changed but I definitely have less patience to sit around on the potty!

I definitely agree. One of my favorite things about wearing diapers is being able to pee or poop without interrupting my activities to use the potty. I change when I have the time

• 2 weeks later...

I've pretty much gotten used to pooping when I feel the urge. I do try and hold it until I get outside if I'm in a store or something. Around home, I just go as soon as I feel like it. Changing waits until it's convenient. Of course, this had led to a few near mistakes on the rare occasions I wear regular undies. Of course it wouldn't be the first time I've done that either.