LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Diaper Rash

I recently got this horrendous case of diaper rash. The rash covered my whole diaper area front and back, and was extremely painful.

I happened to have my monthly doctors apointment with my Primary Care Doctor. She took a look and scolded me for not taking care of my skin. I had never gotten a case of Diaper rash before.

I was wearing Depends an awful lot latley as I was doing yard work. My guess is it was the Depends and the heat as its been realy hot and humid this summer and I was working in the yard and sweating alot. Its hard to wear cloth diapers and plastic pants when your doing heavy duty yard work.

She gave a presciption for ( Clotrimazole and Betamethasone Dipropionate Cream ). The drugist said I can get that over the counter and pointed me towards the athlet foot display. I told him I want the real thing as I was worried about how bad the rash was. Well the price for the real thing was high even with insurance 35.00$ for this tiny tube of cream. I paid and went home to put it on.

It worked but only lasted 3 days since the tube was so tiny.

I went back to the drug store and looked around after reading the white paper that came with the tube of ( Clotrimazole and Betamethasone Dipropionate Cream ) and I saw what ingredients was in the ( Clotrimazole and Betamethasone Dipropionate Cream ).

I got a tube of CVS generic Clotrimazole 1% cream 6.79$ and tube of Cortizone-10 1% hydrocortisone cream 6.99$. These where basicaly the same ingredients that are in the 35.00$ tube of ( Clotrimazole and Betamethasone Dipropionate Cream ).

I used both creams and my regular Desitin cream on the rash and after a week it was all gone. I did not wear any disposable diapers during that time just cloth diapers and plastic pants, cloth diapers let more air in than disposables.

Bottom line I paid around 13.00$ for the 2 creams and still have some left, and it worked as good if not better than the more expensive real thing. If you try this test a small patch of skin to make shure your not alergic to any of the creams.

Ah yes take heed, when the pharmacist tells ya something, they are just trying to help. You could have bought another pack of better diapers with the money you would have saved. Glad to hear the rash is gone. You might want to apply a diaper cream first if your going to be doing all that activity, those rashes are very nasty and painful. A once of prevention is worth a pound of cure, but I'm sure you got that figured out now. ;)

Hi..! first... a diaper rash... is a infection causesd by fungi (Candida Albicans). the cream that you went to the pharmay.. clorimazol... is a anti-fungi agent.. and betametasone.. in chemical therms is derivated.. from cortisone.... which... calms the imune system.

when i have diaper rash... i use... Canasten... that is specific for that bacteria. and always put a cream afer every diaper change (with a base of zinc oxide)... with a large percentege!

I had rash problems, untill I started useing diaper cream, I wear a very wet diaper for a long period of time, everyday.

And since I started putting the cream on, I have had no problem at all, I don't do my whole diaper area, just the parts where it is contantly in touch with the diaper mainly my very bottom.

I use A+D diaper cream, don't get ointment it really greasy and rubs off the skin, where the cream go into the pours, and you have to wash good to get it off, but it has a sort of build up effect after a few days, and keeps you protected very good, you also have to go a few hours a day without a diaper to let your skin berath, contantly diapered isn't good for your skin. you needed some time out of a diaper when your mother diapered you, as a baby, and you need it now the same way. You might want to wear regular underwear for a few hours a day, or some sort of training pants, with a cover.

You might want to wear regular underwear for a few hours a day, or some sort of training pants, with a cover.

its true but some of us cant go varry long withe out a diaper

Well unfortunatly, you need to get air down there, to clear up the rash, then use the diaper cream, once you get the rash in check, you should be OK, with just the cream.

The cream will stop it from comming back, but you have to get rid of it first.

sometimes a diaper rash is not a normal diaperrash i had a rash that would not go away with normal techniques air, creams and such .. it turned out to be a yeast infection. and with a treament that turned out to be monistat cleared up right away so if you get a stubourn rash try monistat 7 topical cream or similar and it could save your skin..