LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Johnson's Baby Lotion With Baby Powder

Early this morning, I went rummaging through my extentsive cache of baby lotion, oil, and powder, as well as Pampers and Huggies...I've build up quite a collection through the years. I guess it comes from my propensity to buy at least one bottle or package of something "baby" when I go grocery shopping every Friday night, be it lotion, diapers, or food, much to the dismay of my mommy. My mommy (and big sister) have accepted of the fact that I'm a big baby, and accomodate my need to be mothered, it's just that sometimes they wonder where they are going to continue to store my ever-growing inventory of baby items. They will have to find a place yet for the products still to come..I love being in the baby aisle of my local grocery store, and I always, without fail, buy something from it. I'm a big baby boy in diapers for life.

One of the lotions that caught my eye is something of a rarity now. They're unopened nine ounce bottles of Johnson's Baby Lotion with Baby Powder. Wow...I remember when this lotion first came on the market back in the late 1980's. Johnson's ran TV ads that didn't really target the baby market; rather, it seemed they were targeting female youths and young ladies. I clearly recall an ad in which some really cute bikini-clad girls were passing it around on a beach, using it as a sun block and moisturizer. The girls were real babes. I don't think there were ads targeted at mothers with babies. At least I don't remember them.

It seems Johnson's gave up on this sensually wonderful product in the early 1990's. Maybe, at most, the entire marketing lifecycle of it was no more than 5 years. The bottle is printed in the old J&J style, using the fonts and inscriptions found in the late 80's. The bottles I have of it are white with blue lettering, except for a pink banner with the words "Silky Softness" underneath the words "Johnson's baby lotion with baby powder". The bottles are of the more angularly-lined bottles that were still in use by Johnson's until just fairly recently, when Johnson's went with the more rounded, less angular bottle. The bottles still have their "Johnson's Quality Seals" intact.

I remember how thick this bright like Dairy Queen soft-serve white lotion was. It was much thicker than the regular pink Johnson's. I found it satisfying when being applied, not due to its slickness (regular Johnson's was slicker and slightly more satisfying in that regard) but because of the arosing baby powder aroma that could be savored when it was being smoothed on. This aroma made the fact clear that I was being lovingly tended to by mommy. The nice thing about this lotion was, long after my diaper had been changed, and after the lotion had dried up during my after-diapering nap, my diaper area was lavishly and generously covered with baby powder. For a short while, maybe for three months, this was the only lotion my mommy or big sister used on me during diaper changes.

It's been years since I've seen this lotion for sale in a store, maybe at least ten years. If anyone can read codes, the code on the bottom of the bottles I have read "0198P"...198th day of the year "P" in Johnson's coding perhaps? I'm guessing my bottles are circa 1991 or 1992.

I suppose one of these days I'm going to have my mommy change me with this "vintage" lotion to re-kindle old memories...I've long since chosen Baby Magic Original Scent as my primary baby lotion used during changes...but it will be nice to experience it again, one more time.

I have one bottle I can send out to someone who might have the same recollections about this lotion that I have. You can re-kindle your own memories with it. PM me, I'll get it out to any kindred diaper boy or girl...or mommy...who remembers this fabulous lotion.

RIdiaperboy

PS: For those who might want to tell me this: Baby Magic Baby Powder Scent Baby Lotion is just that...merely scented. I do not think it contains significant amounts of baby powder, nor does it smell particularly baby powderish. (It does not have that highly erotic scent that Johnson's Baby Powder has.) I would love to see a Baby Magic Original Scent (I adore that scent) with baby powder mix, but I don't think that's planned.

Archived