LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Rant: Count The 'i's And 'my's..

I have no idea where this post should belong, perhaps in the meeting forum - but this isn't about wanting to physically meet people. I'd like to make a few online friends (hopefully) and possibly get the kind folk to give me some advice about how to not to be so glum all the time. Also, I'm not a newbie around here so that forum won't do either.

-- Begin Emotion Signed Rant --

I want to say something useful or helpful but all I have is rants about how bad my life is going. Over the years I have had loads of websites and (more recently) blogs that I never update, because I don't actually have anything good to say.. I want to feel a part of this community, but I don't check the site as often as I'd like. It's nice to see see how lively this place is and the interesting topics that go on but I seldom join in with them. So why did I create an account here? am I just going to let this be another thing that came and went? No, I'm tired of committing to things but never being able to see them through. Alas I commit to things too often and never seem to learn. Arrgh.

Anyways.. I'm trying to say that I never really speak to people online, I have like 10 contacts in MSN and I've had it for like 5 years! I want to make new friends because the ones I have (who are not AB/DL) are fast spreading their wings and moving on to other things.

What kind of person am I to just go on about this boring self-righteous dribble?

More specifically, what does it mean if I question weather this is truly fun for me or not?

Am I just over-analyzing things, like when my mum once mentioned that I "don't even like to be cuddled" (when discussing AB/DL) which makes me wonder if I have become misled somehow, in that I'm not an AB/DL after all, and that this is just another fad?

I just want to be happy but keep finding ways of making fun less erm fun by over worrying about everything.

If you think you could get on with an emotion junkie like myself (I personally couldn't, lol) then why not help rack up my friend count on here, I'd love to talk to people who kinda-almost understand me. I don't wanna be this boring sack of loose emotions anymore. :)

Me, me, me - that's hedonism isn't it? damn.

-- End :D Signed Rant --

Thanks,

Cat named Hat

Hey brother, sounds like you're a little down on life. . .

I too had to do a kind of "makeover" on my life about a couple of years ago. I didn't really have all that many friends, I wasn't getting laid, no one knew who I was, etc. So I asked the guys I did hang out with what I could be doing better, and they helped. At the time, we were younger, HS party animals, so "getting out there" wasn't all that hard. They were pretty well-connected, so there was no shortage of places to go and people to hang out with, especially females.

Basically, get a group of guy friends you can be close with, go out and do 'guy stuff'. In order to have a more fulfilling life, my suggestion is to pay attention to the "normal" things humans do in certain circles/cultures to socialize. The whole diaper/ABDL stuff can come later. Other parts of your life can suck beyond your control --jobs, housing, finances, etc-- but your social life, which, is more under your control than you know, is the one thing that can definitely make or break your happiness situation.

So find some guy friends, or any group of friends you like

Get out there and play!

BE YOURSELF. (but work into it, ok? Can't overwhelm people on the first day)

Hey brother, sounds like you're a little down on life. . .

I So find some guy friends, or any group of friends you like

Get out there and play!

BE YOURSELF. (but work into it, ok? Can't overwhelm people on the first day)

Ditto...I hang out on the weekends with the local hiking group...it makes all the difference in the world...

Dill Pickle

Hey cat, sounds like your just young and your mind is going a 1000 miles an hour at all times,its nothing new, when I was your age I bearely slept at night thinking of the day just went through, and worrying about the day tomorrow, and the next and so on.

The party scene is Ok but, it has its problems before you know it you will be drinking away all your money, and spending what you have left on smoke, or something else trying to make yourself feel normal.

Things will strighten out for you eventually, try to find something you like to do and see if you can get paid for doing it, I have been there done that, and wish I had the money I threw away doing those things, save your mind and your money, get a girlfreind, or boyfreind, whatever you want, I denied my true self for a lot of years, mostly hideing the fact I was gay, and telling people i was stright and just couldn't find the right girl, thruth was wasn't looking for either one, because I didn't know what i wanted, and the booze and the drugs just clouded matters worse.

It normal to be confused,but if you think you like girls or guys, go and try to get something started, and see what developes, you can only be 50% wrong, if your wrong. I wish you luck my freind

Just to be crystal, golden oldie, I didn't advise him to go out and develop a drinking or drug problem. I was using my experience as an example. I found friends, life, and excitement going out and hitting the local social scene. In my town the thing for us to do was throw massive, dangerous kegger parties, just like our parents before us did. While we got in significantly more trouble --cops, fights, guns, etc. I went with my group of guys and did what was necessary to integrate myself into the social mix, which, did quite alot to help me on my way to being comfortable with myself and who I am. If you're a good person, you'll listen to your conscience and avoid things in the moment that can lead you to extreme consequences. It's learning to be careful in social situations, just like you'll have to do many times in your life. Better to learn it while you're young, though.

So I still stand by what I said before:

Find a group of friends who fit your personality and lifestyle and roll with 'em.

Don't forget to trust your instincts.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey,

I've been on holiday the last two weeks which helped cheer me up :) and kinda explains why I have not replied for a while.

Thanks for your input, as always you guys are really supportive.

BriGuy:

I don't have AIM but I do log in to DD more often than I used to these days so how about I meet you in the chat room some time or through PM? I need to get round to setting up some chat client for my alias. Thanks, I'm really happy you offered to be my friend!

I'll catch up with you in a bit...

tris:

A (personality!) makeover is by far the best word to describe what I need. I have been thinking about taking up some martial art, so perhaps I should peruse that. There are a few things I'd like to do, so I should see about making some effort to get out there. I'm apprehensive about trying new things though because I have a habit of really thinking I can do something and going full-out about it, then decide I don't want to do whatever it was anymore. This generally happens and costs me a lot of cash - like when I decided I'd try guitar and so bought one. Thinking about it, I could always take it up again or put it on eBay. It seems that the Binge/Purge cycle is a common theme with me lol.

Dill_Pickle:

Hiking is something I'd like to do, I used to do it rarely when I was younger with my dad and enjoyed it. Rock climbing is something I think I'm good at, but I'm not a fan of heights - that's quite a contradiction so probably not a good idea to peruse it further.

beallucanb:

I hate getting drunk but it's what most my (few) friends seem to do all the time these days. Your advice is really helpful, my mind is always racing on about ifs and buts. Drugs and booze really don't help, that much I know. I'll find myself one day - perhaps then I'll finally be happy or find some daft reason not to be (but then I wouldn't have found myself would I?).

I'd like to do what I do best which is software engineering as a career, but I think I'm already seeing signs of RSI which can't be a good thing. partly because of that I'm thinking about a whole new career change.

I'll go out and play and try to be myself as best I can. Time to get changed...

Thanks

Cat named Hat