LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Feeling like a hypocrite

As the title says I’m feeling like a hypocrite because our youngest is potty training and we tell him it’s expected that he will use the potty. Meanwhile I’m over here wanting my wife to wet her pull-ups. Any parents been here done that who could give some guidance?  

thanks. 

Don't think you need to feel like a hypocrite: the way I see it is it's two different thing's.

One thing is teaching your kid a valuable life skill and good parenting, and the other is having fun with your wife.

Just as long as you're careful not to get caught or do anything silly involving diapers round your kid so you confuse him I don't see a problem personally.

• Like 1

I am a parent, my son is an adult . Now unless you plan to choose his or her life and make them wear diapers by your choice , you need to do the proper parental thing and potty train kids. So when you take the kid to school they will be able to use a restroom . Most schools will not take your kid until they are potty trained. I know when we started my son in kindergarten they asked is he potty trained, if not wait a year to start school . 

It should  be the Childs choice to wear diapers after the potty 🚽 training years average ages unless they have problems holding . Now if your kid finds out about you or your wife wearing etc. Then answer in very veg answers depending on the age. I am not sure what age you can get them to without having them see things like dirty diapers in the trash etc. Then you can say mommy has an issue and needs to wear diapers. I have read about families that never potty train, but that takes the choice away from the child. I don't think  it's hypocritical at all to wear for fun and train your kid to use the potty . If a child wets the bed till teen years then you don't punish them, you can say things like its a lot of laundry so then give them a choice wear a diaper to bed to help you, or show them how to put the sheets in the wash. I do know most families both parents work, so it's a way to help out, it should never be used as punishment to help out with the laundry for wet bed after  an age, of say 12 yrs? I was doing laundry and some cooking at age 10. 

• Like 2
5 hours ago, jlong812000 said:

As the title says I’m feeling like a hypocrite because our youngest is potty training and we tell him it’s expected that he will use the potty. Meanwhile I’m over here wanting my wife to wet her pull-ups. Any parents been here done that who could give some guidance?  

thanks. 

I would say as long as you keep your baby stuff like your diapers, your wipes, bottles, etc, away from your son, especially while your potty training him then that's okay. As long as the child doesn't get mixed messages about using the potty like a big boy,
then I would say that it's totally fine. I would also keep whatever games that you do with your wife between you two and NOT let him see. But other than that, that's really all there is to it. I have friends in similar situations and I would say that as long as you don't mix the two, that being being a baby and being a parent then I would say you're perfectly okay.

• Like 1

If I ever have kids and it comes time to the 3-4 year old age, my approach to potty training will be like this even though its not a popular idea, its a libertarian idea of it:

"Humans use tools for things and solutions. We invented diapers and toilets to deal with our animal need to go potty. You use diapers now but im going to teach you of another thing you can use to go potty. You dont have to give up diapers if you dont want to, just that you should know how to use a toilet because its another "tool"you can use. Im telling you this now kid because sometimes diapers might not help you and a toilet does."

Kids are not stupid. They understand and listen. So I give them the respect of being able to choose and if its a bad choice then they can learn from it so they wont make it again.