LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Does anybody manufacture long PUL shorts?

I'm wearing a PUL diaper cover today because I'm burning through some unreliable diapers while working from home. I don't wear a lot of PUL, or plastic pants in general, really (other than if I'm wearing cloth), but my experience is definitely greater with vinyl/plastic pants than it is with PUL. 

So far, I'm impressed with the material - they move more freely and don't feel plasticky, they don't make any noise, and they almost don't read as a waterproof fabric, or not any more so than Gore-Tex or similar "dry-feel" wicking fabrics that a number of athletic or causal "sport" (golf etc) clothes are made from. However, these are cut like plastic pants, IE, like underwear - they are not designed for wearing uncovered, outside of the confines of your home. 

This got me to thinking... in the summer, on the golf course, or even just around the town... what about PUL walking shorts? Does anybody manufacture anything like that? If I were designing them myself, I'd probably go with an inner and an outer layer, almost like how men's bathing suits sometimes have a mesh inner "panty". There'd be an elastic-cuffed inner panty or boxer short to provide the leg seals, and then the outer shell would be free-hanging, like any other pair of walking shorts, but with the added protection of being of a waterproof material. I could see something made of PUL as being relatively light and comfortable, while obviating the requirement to wear an additional layer over your diaper and your diaper cover - now, your diaper cover could also be your outer layer. Whereas vinyl walking shorts... yeah, people are going to be giving you perplexed looks down at the boardwalk. 

• Like 1

OK... That's different.

The ones I've got have a kind of rubbery feeling, especially over time. Could you really get away with them as they appear and maybe feel as outer garments? I'm not so sure...

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

Update: I stumbled across something I haven't seen before that is kind of in this vein - someone was offering up a large collection of vintage pull-ups & diapers for sale, and one product they listed where pull-ups in both boys & girls colours that looked like shorts rather than being cut more like underwear. I have no idea how they worked - if they had leg cuffs at the hems of the shorts, or built-in underpants with an overhanging, short-like exterior, but evidently the market is not begging for these, because nobody makes them anymore. 

• Like 1
51 minutes ago, Little Sherri said:

Update: I stumbled across something I haven't seen before that is kind of in this vein - someone was offering up a large collection of vintage pull-ups & diapers for sale, and one product they listed where pull-ups in both boys & girls colours that looked like shorts rather than being cut more like underwear. I have no idea how they worked - if they had leg cuffs at the hems of the shorts, or built-in underpants with an overhanging, short-like exterior, but evidently the market is not begging for these, because nobody makes them anymore. 

I remember when they came out with them about 15 years ago. Goodnites made them to look like boxers. It was pretty much just a regular pull up but the outer layer was cut to look like shorts. 

• Like 2

There used to be a company called "Rubber Ducky" that made incontinent pants. I don't think they were ab/dl aware. maybe they were.  They made and I owned a pair of shorts with an attached panty made of the same material. 

• Like 1