LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

ABUniverse Killing Cloth-Backed Cushies… Again…

Greetings friends…

Many years ago (almost a decade ago) the ABUniverse company introduced a diaper they called “Cloth-Backed Cushies”, the very closest thing any ABDL diaper company has ever produced to a modern era youth diaper. Cloth-like shell, a single hook-and-loop tape on each side. Comfy. Soft. Infinitely refastenable and adjustable. Absorbent and cute. They quickly became my favorite diapers…

Then they stopped making them for over 5 years… I was crushed, and longed for their return…

Then, in 2021, they brought them back! I was overjoyed! I have been enjoying them very much!

Now ABU has killed them again. In favor of their now many kinds of 4 tape plastic products that bear little resemblance to anything Pampers, Huggies, or Luvs have ever produced. Why do all of the ABDL diaper companies focus on making these things? Why do ABDLs buy them? Isn’t what we really want, Pampers, Huggies, and Luvs in adult sizes with scaled-up absorbency?

I am extremely sad, and also furious. This wonderful source of comfort has been taken away over a corporate whim. I cannot even enjoy the few I have left… 😭

IMG_1874.jpeg

If it's any consolation, to my understanding they will be back again as they were just moved to their "vault" to be revamped and brought back later, not discontinued altogether. Of course, I'm not sure of the timeline but as long as they don't go out of business, clothed-backed cushies should make a return.

I have heard that they are to return, hypothetically, eventually. However, considering that the last time they disappeared from the lineup, they were gone for over 5 years, and only back for 2…

Their new stuff is all expensive, and focused on 4 tape products, neither of which do I find pleasing in the slightest.  More absorbent, yes, but almost absurdly so; changies are part of the baby game. Some of it is very cute, but nearly $3 apiece is too rich for my blood…

I have serious questions about Bambino, Rearz also. Their products, cute as they are, are nothing like anything I ever saw on a little one’s heinie… fantasy diapers… all plastic, all 4 tape (yes, I know Rearz has that one 2 tape, but it too is plastic and utterly plain (?)…

I gave up baby diapers long ago.  I realise that there are folks looking for upscaled Pampers or Huggies but I love most of the adult offerings that we have today.  I think cloth backed diapers are just terrible and wouldn't be caught dead in one.

That said...my favorite diaper will always be a plain white plastic backed diaper.  If you are looking for nostalgia then you really can't beat that.  Plain white, nice and thick and crinkly.  Absolute heaven.

• Like 2

I've tried a few of the two-tab (one on each side) options on the market over the years, in both cloth-backed and plastic, and while the nostalgia they provoke is nice, most adult bodies are better served with four-tab diapers. Our proportions are just way different than those of young children, even if some of us are fat and bald. For the most part, form follows function for me - I wear 24/7, so first and foremost, whatever I'm wearing has to work. Print and style considerations come second. Most of my inventory is in the plastic-backed, four tab category, and split about 50/50 between printed and white. I grew up in white plastic diapers, but longingly appreciated the prints that came later, so, I like to have both options on hand. 

If someone did make a Pampers Cruiser sized for me, I would surely buy it, just to try it, but unless it was an excellent diaper, it would remain an occasional indulgence at best. I'll look for and try these Cushies if they get resurrected, just to know what they're like. ABU's Pampers-with-four-tabs clones, the Little Kings and Alphagatorz (sp?) are actually pretty decent diapers. The only reason I don't wear them more often is that they're expensive, and in my experience, nothing cloth-backed can really give you 8 or 10 hours of life - they start to "dew up" on the surface, even if they don't leak, creating a strange humidity that makes me worried about olfactory habituation - "nose blindness" - and whether I might start smelling like a neglected toddler at some point. 

• Like 2
On 12/12/2023 at 3:01 PM, Little Sherri said:

I've tried a few of the two-tab (one on each side) options on the market over the years, in both cloth-backed and plastic, and while the nostalgia they provoke is nice, most adult bodies are better served with four-tab diapers. Our proportions are just way different than those of young children, even if some of us are fat and bald. For the most part, form follows function for me - I wear 24/7, so first and foremost, whatever I'm wearing has to work. Print and style considerations come second. Most of my inventory is in the plastic-backed, four tab category, and split about 50/50 between printed and white. I grew up in white plastic diapers, but longingly appreciated the prints that came later, so, I like to have both options on hand. 

If someone did make a Pampers Cruiser sized for me, I would surely buy it, just to try it, but unless it was an excellent diaper, it would remain an occasional indulgence at best. I'll look for and try these Cushies if they get resurrected, just to know what they're like. ABU's Pampers-with-four-tabs clones, the Little Kings and Alphagatorz (sp?) are actually pretty decent diapers. The only reason I don't wear them more often is that they're expensive, and in my experience, nothing cloth-backed can really give you 8 or 10 hours of life - they start to "dew up" on the surface, even if they don't leak, creating a strange humidity that makes me worried about olfactory habituation - "nose blindness" - and whether I might start smelling like a neglected toddler at some point. 

I hear you. I realize that not everyone is built like me, so that the four tapes are pointless like they are on me. Cloth-Backed Cushies were functionally quite good, similar to ABU’s other product I like, Super Dry Kids in absorbency. I do not wear 24/7 like you do, so my need of various aspects of functionality and price considerations are of course different than yours, but the newer ABU cloth backed lines are ludicrously expensive IMO. 

However, being used to CBCs and SDKs, I have been finding recent forays into the world of medical type diapers disappointing as far as performance. I will never understand why so many “serious” diapers are not made for real world usage… when “play diapers” are… not universal, I know,  but I have found that the price of medical grade diapers that have similar performance is actually comparable to cute diapers… Abena, Northshore, etc… strange at that seems…

• Like 1