LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

What can I do about theft of stories from here

On 3/30/2024 at 2:15 PM, DiaperedAllTheTime said:

I just found out my Diapers and Divorce series that was started here in March of 2019 was stolen by Terry Masters.  I reached out to AB Discovery who did take the time to answer me back and did offer me free audiobooks.  They claim Terry says he got it from someone on WMM in 2018 which is impossible as I started the story after that.  It was published on Amazon in February this year.  I spent countless hours writing this story and I am beyond disgusted.

It's terrible really. ABDiscovery and the Bents have been stealing work and selling it as their own for many years now and I don't think anyone can really defend it. They bank on people not making the effort to cause problems over it. The fact they offered free audiobooks as compensation shows they KNOW they are in the wrong even if they lied and claimed it wasn't yours.

I would demand they take it down and if they refuse file a DMCA petition. If you have the story on your hard drive you should be able to prove that you wrote it before they published it. It's a lot of work but the alternative is that the leeches continue to leech off this community. @Kita Sparkles To claim Riley is the only person to have taken issue with the Bents or led any campaign is ridiculous. The Bents have ZERO respect from anyone in the ABDL art and writing world for precisely what is being mentioned above. I'm no great fan of Riley but she simply highlighted the issue that many had already talked about in other places.

• Like 1

-We reserve the right to store, process, reuse, edit or remove content you post for any reason at any time.

I'm just pointing out that's one of this sites rules. Also other websites might have had other rules when it comes to re-use of content. So people should be aware of themselves where they post their content.

Because other sites might use other reusage of content rules.

I'm just also going to point out that before I left as a mod on abdlstoryforum apperently the owner there gained full legal usages of all content that got published on that forum.  

@Kita Sparkles To claim Riley is the only person to have taken issue

@Elfy I don't see Kita claim that Riley is the only person, So your blowing up something else again up into the air to defend her.  What Kita reacted on was that Riley was trying to use Kita for her own public image... When Kita didn't want that. And Riley just going "Oh well I tried, but I guess that person didn't want to listen."   People must be allowed to have different opinions of people.  As Kita said, she doesn't agree with them stealing materials without consent.

But She also states that she hasn't had a bad working relationship with the Bents.  That doesn't mean she agree's with everything they do. But she can't control that. She's only an author herself.

• Confused 1
4 hours ago, Sharlin said:

I'm just pointing out that's one of this sites rules. Also other websites might have had other rules when it comes to re-use of content. So people should be aware of themselves where they post their content.

Because other sites might use other reusage of content rules.

I'm just also going to point out that before I left as a mod on abdlstoryforum apperently the owner there gained full legal usages of all content that got published on that forum.  

Those statements aren't enforceable. The author doesn't give up their rights that easily. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Elfy you have me quite confused. I've gone back and read my comments forwards, backwards, and upside down, and I don't know how you've got me saying what you claim I said. I really didn't even come close to that. What I said was they have always been straight with me, and that the transphobia was an unsubstantiated claim.  *I* am TransGender, as are several other authors there, and we haven't seen it. It goes even deeper than that, but I am not at liberty to discuss that .... I only allude to show how ludicrous such an allegation is. 

Not only that, but I took great pains not to mention her name, so as not to be calling names. I never mentioned a name ... YOU did that, and then you misquoted me and mischaracterized me. Please don't do that. I try to be a member of these places in good standing and to do that, I don't comment that much. I commented here because it concerns my livelihood. I came out of the shadows before because I was attacked by the person who I did not name and you did. That person apologized, but her damage was done and she knew that. She did not attempt to repair that damage. 

ValentinesStuff, I would not be so sure about that. If you use a site and by use of it, it states you agree to the rules of said site, and the rules are that the administration of that site takes ownership of what you post (it's really a dangerous position, TBH....), then they can indeed do that.  I don't think DD would, but if such a statement was made on the former bulletin board server where this had been posted, the new owner of said files knowing nothing about those people who posted, they can make a legal argument. And when it is international, and you don't have enough to fight it, and don't want your real legal name attached to it, there's little that can be done. 

I am not my publisher. I don't have to answer for anything they did or did not do. But, they were banned from here and I think attacking them where they can make no defense is unfair. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
18 minutes ago, ValentinesStuff said:

Those statements aren't enforceable. The author doesn't give up their rights that easily. 

I just pointed out what is said in the site rules for this site.

What legal rights is over a database from year 2000+  I don't know much about. And who would then "inherit" said content.  I'm not saying No to claim a DMCA against them.  That is soley on the person discretion.

It's a little bit interesting to see who remembers where, what, when, where they posted what on from 5? perhaphs 10 year ago?

It's also what in a way makes "Archives" dangeruous because who owns the copyrighted material that gets posted there really. That's what I wanted to point out.

Also if you want my statement on the whole Bents and such thing, this is exactly what I told Kita copy pasted right from our conversation about the subject:

I'm fine with going after the Bents, and Terry Masters to a certain degree... I'm not fine with the whole going after the whole basket type of thing.. There's more Authors using them as editers, publishers. Yeah, you could publish/edit your self, but that takes time. Time that you chose to use on other stuff. Writing. Being one of them. And your choice is that you take less payment on your royalties.

So soley, on peoples own discretion.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • 2 weeks later...

So i just want to address the subject of proof you wrote a particular story

1, Proof is easy to do, just print the story out and mail it to yourself.. INAL but the copyright office has accepted this method in the past when registrations were challenged. So long as you have the first postmark date, and the seal is unbroken, at time of submission it's good enough for the govt.

2. A DMCA notice uses a different form of proof it requires you to swear under penalty of purgery that you own the copyright, and the person posting it had no right to post it ... The poster can issue a counter notice which then requires you to go to court and sue the poster or the post is restored. But people rarely file counter notices. Because it's an additional penalty ontop of the copyright damages. And it can result in possible criminal charges.

I can only think of one instance in 18 years working in the hosting business on and off of seeing a counter notice filed

• Thanks 1