LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Is It Okay To Say “Diapers” in Dementia Incontinence?

WE live in an age of crappy service, 24/7 screeching media, declining IQ, food police, health police, safety police and speech police and we wonder why people are going off the deep end. And the real kicker is that it is all a product of the same liberals who were telling us back in the 60's '70's and early '80's to "lighten u;"

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

I agree with this lady. My dad wears pull-ups these days, and he calls them pull-ups, so why would I call them anything else? When he was hospitalized, he spent some time in "tabbed briefs" or whatever euphemism they employed, and meanwhile he just called them "diapers". To him, if you tape them on, they're diapers, if you pull-them on, but throw them away at the end of the day, they're pull-ups, and, if you (ideally) don't pee in them, and you put them in the wash, they're briefs. 

My daughter, meanwhile, is adamant that "pull-ups" are not "diapers", and becomes irate if her mom or I ask if she needs more "diapers", although I do it anyway from time to time just to bug her, because she takes potshots at my thinning hair and the fact that I wear diapers, so turn-about is fair play. 

If my wife is feeling polite, she calls my diapers my "underpants" or "underwear" or "undergarments" (I don't know why but I don't care for the term "undergarment"). If she's in a neutral mood, she just calls them diapers. When she's being sarcastic or she's irritated, she calls them my "Pampers", which I actually don't mind, since half of them have ABDL prints on them, anyway. 

When I was in the nursing home back in '21, the staff called them "briefs" in front of the patients, among themselves, they called them diapers. When deaing with Dementia, does it make a difference: Key operative word, "Dementia"

27 minutes ago, Little BabyDoll Christine said:

When deaing with Dementia, does it make a difference: Key operative word, "Dementia"

It really depends (uh, no pun intended...). I know a couple of people experiencing different stages of dementia right now; one of them doesn't really know who he is or where he is, and you could call his diapers his Unicorn Pants, and he wouldn't know or care. However, the other gentlemen, a friend's father, is still quite aware of his circumstances, and aware that he's slipping, but he can maintain a normal conversation - he just tends to repeat stuff and loose track of time. For him, using whatever his preferred terminology is for his disposable underpants, is the kind thing to do, even if we all know that we're engaging in euphemism. I don't really know what his preferences are in that department because it's not something I'm close enough to ever talk about, but I know that dignity is still important to him - my buddy was telling me that his wife had left a box of his diapers on the floor in the kitchen, and that he became upset when he saw that. He wanted them out of view. 

• Like 1