LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Would people be interested in a Starfield X TES crossover with abdl elements?

So, I'm currently in the process of writing a Starfield x TES crossover fic with ABDL elements. I'm currently rapidly approaching a hundred pages, which is a complete and total record for me. (YAAY!!)

I want to share that story with you guys, but I'm unsure if there's any interest in it. I'm also very picky and want my writing to be as close to perfection as possible. If you see a mistake, I want you to point it out. It's my dream to write an actual book someday and if I could actually publish it, that would be even better. (never going to happen though, that's why it's a dream.)

Also, the story is primarily written in first person and I know that can turn a lot of people off if it isn't done right. (I think it is, but then, every author thinks it's done right.)

But like I said, if there isn't any interest in it, then I won't bother posting it, although I will still cross post it on ao3. (archive of our own.)

Also, since this is fanfiction, you won't have to worry about the full story being hidden behind a paywall. I really, really do NOT want to be sued, so yhea, that's not going to happen.

Now, for those of you who don't know what Starfield or TES is, i will be explaining that briefly.

Starfield is a video game made by Bethesda. It's their first brand new IP in a very long time (I believe it's 25 years) and it only released in September.

Bethesda is the company who made The Elder Scrolls: oblivion, The Elder Scrolls: Skyrim and The Elder Scrolls: morrorwind. They're also the guys who made fallout 3 and 4 as well as fallout 76. So when I say: TES, it's an abbreviation of The Elder Scrolls.

What does this mean for the story? It means that the races of TES will be present. It means that earth doesn't exist, but Tamriel does. Magic exists as well, but it is seen as outdated. Like how those one shot pistols and cannons are seen as outdated in the real world as well. (They still kill as effectively as modern day weapons though.)

Anyway, you should at the very least, be vaguely familiar with TES lore. I will be referencing events from Oblivion and Skyrim. That won't happen often and it won't be a focus...

Actually, now that I think about it, I suppose it would be closer to a fusion, rather than a crossover. Because a fusion mixes elements of both fandoms, while a crossover means that characters from one fandom, interact with characters of another fandom.

Finally, I want to make one thing absolutely clear. If you are in the process of playing Starfield or have just gotten started and you want to read this story, then be prepared for spoilers. I will not be quoting game dialogue word by word, but it will follow the plot in broad lines.

A few more things to know:

The main character is a male Khajiit. (Because Khajiit is my favourite race.)

There is something special about the MC. (No, he is not the Dragonborn.)

Diapers will play a role, but keep in mind that while they play a role, I wouldn't say they are the focus.

MC = main character

Story summary:

The story starts just after you make a character in Starfield, where a secret is immediately exposed. (Though it isn't the obvious.) MC and Lin negotiate a little and then they go out to meet Barret. Pirates attack and events go similar to they go in the game. MC goes out into space, does his thing, goes to the base, does more his thing and then goes to the lodge, where everything starts to go different.

MC and Sarah go to Mars, where they're led on a wild goose chase, and they eventually track down their target. Then they obtain the artefact and it's from here out, that everything changes.

(I can't believe I've essentially summarized a large part of my story in two tiny paragraphs. Suffice it to say, there's a lot more to it then what I've mentioned.)

Featuring:
Mascot-super Child Genius Cora Coe!
-
The Frontier isn't just old, it's vintage and that makes it damn valuable! - > Barret.

-

Magic is just another science we have yet to understand properly - > Stubborn scientist Noel.

-

I'm former black ops. If I told you what I did, I would have to kill you. - > Walter.

-

The M.I.B haven't existed in this part of the galaxy for a long time. - ?

Simple answer is, write the story.  Because you want to write it.  Not because someone else wants to read it.  

In the 15 years I've been involved in this community, I've never stopped to ask anyone if they *wanted* me to write a given story.  I just wrote it, posted it, and let the chips fall. 

Don't write for other people. Write for yourself.  But if you're aiming to share it publicly, make sure you write the best damn story you're capable of, in terms of plot, character-building, and execution (details: grammar, spelling, punctuation, etc.) so everyone else can enjoy it too. 

Definitely, definitely, definitely don't ask for permission to write about a given topic, unless that topic has the potential to run afoul of forum rules. 

• Like 1

I'm not asking for permission, not really, It's a lot of fun writing it, especially since most of my stories crash and burn. I can do the setup just fine, but then I just hit a metaphorical wall.

I'm not expecting everyone to go like 'OMG please write the story' please OMG that's amazing.

No, it's nothing like that. But posting a story you're proud off, to have zero reactions or worse, to have one word reactions like 'good' or 'amazing' are discouraging.

Because if the only thing you can be bothered to write as a reply is 'good' or 'amazing' or other single word replies, then you clearly did not enjoy the story. At least, that's the way I see it.

1 hour ago, Kingdark said:

Because if the only thing you can be bothered to write as a reply is 'good' or 'amazing' or other single word replies, then you clearly did not enjoy the story. At least, that's the way I see it.

If there's anything I've learned as a writer about posting serials on a forum like this, it's that some people are just not very articulate.  Them taking the trouble to say, "AMAZING!" is them taking time out of their schedule to tell you they liked it.  Don't be bummed if that's all you get, especially early on when people are figuring out what they think about it and waiting for you to develop it further.  No one's going to write you a novel in response to chapter one unless you really did a terrible job of executing chapter one and they decided to try and help you fix things. 

I'm not expecting a novel sized review, detailing in painful detail how much they enjoyed the story. But you don't need to be a super genius to write more than a few words.

That said, I do see your point though.

Honestly, I used to feel the same as you, and mostly just looked at my views.  One way you can tell if someone is reading your story or not, is looking at the number of views you got for chapter one, after leaving it for a couple of days.  If your number for chapter 2 doubles and then some, that means at least a few of the people that saw chapter two were hooked enough to come and check out chapter 2 to see what is going on.  Those views are the real meter to if your story is interesting.  Once it starts to slow down, it means that people have started to get interested in something else, and your later chapters are not as engaging to the audience or has lost interest in your main audience, so you will know, maybe to look at what you are writing, and maybe realize that maybe you've written the story into a rut, and it should probably end.  That's just my opinion though.  People responding at all?  I don't really expect it.  Some of my stories do get a response within hours, other stories, it takes a few days before anyone says anything.  

Not everyone is going to like the same story, and first person is not always the downside of things.  I used to write third person as that is the "correct way" I was taught when I went to school, however, I feel like the audience thinks there is more emotion and not just a robotic statement of facts when I do first person, and they told me some time ago, my stories had less of a feel when I did third person.  So, I think first person actually works better for me.  

Again, I wouldn't think that is true of everyone that reads my stories.  I'm sure some just don't fit what they like at all, and some of them could be either way, and other "grammar police" would rather see it in third person.  The thing is, write in your style, don't worry too much, and eventually, you'll draw the audience that likes your style.

Oh, I definitely prefer third person as well. But like you said, 'James walked down the street. He paused and noticed an elderly man trying to cross the street, but his groceries made this very difficult.'  "is he really carrying that many groceries?" James thought with a frown. "I better go ahead and offer my help before he hurts himself."

OR

I'm walking down the street when I notice an elderly man trying to cross the street. "Wait," I think to myself, "is he really carrying THAT many groceries? I better go ahead and help him."

I feel the second is, just like you said, more personal than the first.