LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Based on some posts here: urge incontinence / overactive bladder / incontinence on medical chart, I'm wondering if I should mention this at my next visit to my urologist.

I found out about six months ago that I have an overactive bladder but no urge incontinence. Of course I owe this to my training with diapers myself. My doctor doesn't need to know about this. Rather, I want to tell him that I wear diapers a lot because otherwise my overactive bladder puts too much strain on me, and yes, I could admit that I don't mind wearing diapers because of it.

I don't know how my doctor will react to the idea of getting me to exercise to overcome my overactive bladder - which, aside from medication (out of the question) - is the last thing I want. My goal is to develop urge incontinence!

So I'm wondering what's in it for me if I put the overactive bladder on the medical chart, or if I should wait until I've reached urge incontinence.

It is also clear to me that my overactive bladder does not even have to come from diaper training, but from the prostate. This was examined 3/4 years ago and was OK. At that time he asked me how often I go to the toilet at night, I said truthfully: once or twice, sometimes three times. Of course, the prostate is now checked again, which is important for my health anyway!

I still have a couple of weeks to see the doctor. That's why I'm writing this now, could you give me please a few tips so I can prepare myself for what I have to, should or can tell the doctor?

I look forward to your comments!

The doctor will probably order a bunch of tests and scans for you, trying to pinpoint the issue/cause. When I went to my doctor, about my increasing occurrences of bedwetting, they ordered blood tests, did an ultrasound scan, and a CT-scan. In the end, they could find nothing wrong, but I now have "Enuresis" (Bedwetting) listed in my medical records. 

• Like 2

I see my urologist yearly (due to family history) and my GP twice a year due to several issues.  I had a procedure done on my prostrate a number of years ago to decrease my prostrate size, and since that and the onset of diabetes I have lost a lot more of my urine control.  I started wearing pads even before the procedure due to my OAB at the suggestion of my urologist, and he predicted that with the onset of Diabetes, my dribbling would get worse as it impacts the nerves in the area that controls urine release.  It has, to the point that during the day, I simply go to the bathroom at first feeling of bladder filling, resulting in going for a sit down at least every hour.  Yes, I now sit as I have little control of my stream so that is only method to keep my clothes from getting dribbled on.  My GP is fully aware of these issues as well, so it is well documented in my medical record.  More recently, I started to wet in bed, to the point that I have to wear protection every night, including larger absorbent guards and waterproof pants.  My wife and I spoke about these solutions after my first night's wetting some time ago.  Since that time, I have recently graduated to briefs as the guards I started with were pushed to the max on a couple of occasions. On my next GP visit, I will be updating my doc to the current situation, and he will certainly be adding Enuresis to my charts as that is where I am now, certainly if I have more than one drink of alcohol in the evening.  

The point in all of this is that your medical professionals need to know all your history!  In my case, the urologist has the most insight into what is happening to me, but on the other hand, my GP has to be aware of it as well.  They are on the alert for signs of other more serious issues, that can't be fixed with a wardrobe modification. 

As to gradually losing control of my urine, if that is the only problem that I have to endure in my latter years, I am feeling very lucky as many of my friends and acquaintances have already left me due to much more serious issues

• Like 1