LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Offices, Elevators, and Diapers (Ch.4 up)

Suzie Applegate was wetting her diaper. Let’s just get right to it, shall we? ‘Why’, you ask. ‘What kind of story starts with that?’ ‘Are we done here then,’ you might even ask? But I assure you there is a reason. You see, for Suzie that was not the story. That was nothing new. She was a woman in her thirties with what she adamantly called a 'budding' career. It just so happened that she had also worn adult diapers her whole life. What made this particular day a story she would remember was instead the inevitable, mischievous hand of fate, without which I believe none of us would have a story at all. But fate, as we know, is not always kind, and fear not: we’ll come back to the diapers soon as well.

As you know, Fate has been known to use elevators for its machinations. Yes, this is another trapped-in-an elevator story, and no one would blame you for clicking away right now, but then you would never know the fate of poor Suzie, for no amount of button pressing would rescue her from her predicament. Even the emergency call button would prove to be dysfunctional. Their elevator simply stopped with a violent lurch of utter finality and in so doing had apparently made its final transition then and there (should there turn out to be an afterlife for elevators).

The building, now that was moving; at least it did so briefly. It started about the same time as the elevator stopped and the lights went out (save the garish emergency lighting with its bright rays and harsh shadows) but it stopped as well -to the relief of our passengers- less than a minute later. This is where our story truly begins for poor Suzie and the other soon-to-be tormented passengers, and if you, Dear Reader, have any interest in finding out where it goes from here, you need only keep reading.

I will tell you by way of introduction that Suzie was not a quiet, reserved woman. She was known for her quirky outbursts, but also for getting the job done. Her male coworkers would have me add that she was an attractive woman, but not the type to flaunt it. She had a natural beauty, starting from her undyed, fiery-red, flowing hair (which she kept tied back in a shoulder-length pony-tail) to her smooth skin and heart-shaped face, and finally to her slim arms, shapely legs, delicate hands, and... Well you get the idea. The only thing she lacked, according to the men’s room gossip, was a larger cup size, more risque clothing, and a ‘better personality’. She on the other hand felt quite strongly that the only things she lacked were her own corner office (like the one her supervisor Dick had) and a healthy raise.

What does any of this have to do with the elevator, you ask? Well, elevators are like dinner gatherings; if you really want to know how people feel about each other, have them all over for a good roast and see who gets thrown in the oven. (Sadly, yes, that may be my best line, but let’s not dwell on that and instead get back to our story…)

“Did anyone feel that?” Dick demanded, looking up at the ceiling with that same unflinching seriousness that his blue, hooded eyes always held at meetings over copy machine policy. His muscular body, braced against a corner of the elevator, belied his role as ‘the guy who never left his desk’.

Suzie was still pulling herself up from the floor where she had been tossed by the abrupt halt, and was now helping Joe, or simply ‘the IT guy’ as he was known, do the same. She exhaled loudly and shot her boss a level gaze. “Felt what, Dick? What with it being such a smooth ride today, do you suppose we’re there yet?”

He cleared his throat but otherwise seemed immune to the barb. His gaze belatedly surveyed the room. “Is everyone all right?”

Liza, Dick’s secretary, was a petite and reserved woman with blond hair and dark eyes. She had been thrown against a different corner, but was still standing. “I’m okay… I think.”

“I’m good- oof,” Joe said as he lost his balance trying to get up and fell to one knee. Suzie was bent over him, still trying to help him up, and did not notice the man’s knee pinning the very edge of her sundress to the floor.

“Good,” Dick said quickly in his baritone voice. “Now, I feel that under the circumstances, I need to call an emergency meeting to address our situation. As we’re all in attendance, I’ll begin by-”

“A meeting?” Suzie said incredulously, releasing Joe and abruptly straightening herself as she turned to Dick and took a step forward. The rest of the objection died on her lips as the sound of ripping fabric distracted them all, and she felt a sudden draft on her legs. She was now only wearing half a dress, and was exposed from the waste down. She noted this inconvenience by a downward glance at the ripped fabric, a pursed frown, and narrowed eyes. (It was an expression that might have said ‘we’ll have a talk about this later’ to a petulant child). Then she resumed glaring at Dick. “Is that what this is? Is everything a meeting to you? Would you-” she shushed Joe with a dismissive wave, “-have a meeting to discuss the building burning down around us too?”

“Actually,” he replied in a steady monotone, “one of the things I think we should discuss is that-”

She raised her voice to cut Dick off. “This is exactly why I can’t talk with you about anything: you always have to control the conversation and you talk like we’re at some fancy, corporate meeting-”

“Miss Applegate,” Liza tried quietly, but everyone ignored her.

“You know there are only five of us in the entire division, right?” Suzie continued. “Counting you and your secretary. So your illustrious ‘meetings’ could fit around a card table, and- Yes… You… Mr. IT-Guy, whatever your name is…” she blurted suddenly as Joe tried once more to speak up, “I know my freaking dress ripped! And you know what?” Her voice became mockingly cheerful. “Since we’re all here, why don’t we just have a meeting about that too!”

Finally Joe got to speak. “But, your underwear is, umm…” He pushed his glasses further up the bridge of his nose absently in a nervous gesture. “...showing a little.”

Suzie did not so much as glance down, though her puffy Abena M4 disposable diaper was indeed on full display - there was no ‘little’ about it. In the quiet of the stopped elevator or any quiet room, its plastic exterior made a soft but audible crinkle when she moved. Even so, she had always preferred it for an all-day diaper on account of it did not sag or leak as easily as the ones that had the cloth-like backing. No one had ever given a sign that they knew, despite her wearing them around the office day after day. In meetings, at the coffee station chatting, or making phone calls in her cubicle, nature would take its course when it deemed proper and she would let it. She wore loose clothing so that it was never apparent. In this case, their work day had been interrupted by the events of this story early on and so she was only a little wet - enough to begin to discolor the diaper’s blue ink (wetness indicator) in the area between her legs, and to make a little yellowish spot.

“Haven’t you ever seen a woman in diapers before-” she started to retort defensively. The floor lurched suddenly beneath them and silenced her, and she was thrown off-balance and right into the arms of Dick, who caught her on instinct and used the walls behind him for support.

Unfortunately for her, just as the elevator’s harsh full-stop at the beginning of our story had interrupted her stream, this event served to restart it. She felt herself releasing as he stubbornly clung to her. “You can let me go now,” she protested. While the elevator was now sloping towards Dick and the closed door, it was not so severe that she could not stand.

“Are you sure you’re alright?” the man replied with an obnoxious helpfulness which presently earned him no points.

“I’m fine, alright, I umm…” She exhaled softly with relief as the pressure she had been ignoring in her bladder was steadily evacuated at the same time as her diaper was increasing in weight. She realized after a couple of moments that her pause made it easier for everyone in the cramped space to hear the steady hissing of her pee hitting the diaper. A familiar warmth against her groin was spreading outward once more.

Normally she would not have cared too much, but then normally it would have been one more quiet sound in a noisy office - and normally she would not be so exposed. “I’m perfectly fine!” she finished hotly, pulling away from him with unnecessary force.

Liza had looked away politely at some point, but she noted Joe staring with wide eyes and open fascination as she finished peeing, the steady hiss finally fading. It did no good to glare at the man; he wasn’t looking at her face.

Dick’s chiseled jaw worked quietly for a moment without words as he formulated what he apparently felt was a perfectly coherent and appropriate response. “To get us back on track: in regards to the office dress code…”

The others all groaned.

“... I believe it would be prudent to add an addendum concerning the sturdiness of fabrics worn as the sole layer of clothing-”

“I got it at Penny’s bargain rack, alright! Not all of us have a cushy paycheck and a private, corner office with a view…”

“But there is no ‘Penny’s’ anymore, is there?” Joe wondered aloud.

“There’s still one left!” Suzie defended.

Dick droned on while they argued. “Second, and in regards to a point I was trying to make earlier...”

"No, but umm,” Joe persisted in his characteristically self-conscious tone, ignoring Dick as they all were, “I think that’s now… Isn’t that a, umm…”

“Whatever! It used to be a Penny’s, alright? They have clothes... at reasonable prices!” She glared at him to discourage a further response. For once it worked, and the argument died.

“...fire,” finished Dick, the word loud in the sudden silence.

She gave him a slow blink, a pointed exhale, and a tight grimace. “What was that?”

“Yes, to recap,” he repeated calmly, placing his hand on one of the elevator’s walls and pulling it away quickly for emphasis, “I believe there is a fire in the building.” Sure enough, a hint of smoke began to waft from the crack between the elevator doors just as he said that.

“The coffee shop,” Suzie said quietly to herself while Dick began saying something maddeningly useless about fire routes and office evacuation policy. “I should have just taken the job at the coffee shop.”

• Like 5

To paraphrase Colonel Kilgore, I do love the smell of razor sharp world weariness in the morning!  I well remember Dick, or rather Dickies plural.  How I dreaded monthly department meetings at the start of my career.  Ph.D.'s all, and not one of the Dickie boys (and girls) had the smarts of a single cell amoeba.  Meeting over, the three of us in the department who were sane promptly adjourned to a bar to spend the next six hours getting drunk.  Many a t-shirt up ended up, impromptu, between my legs because as most of us here know all too well, you don't buy beer, you merely rent it.

A great piece.  Thank you for sharing it.  

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
On 3/31/2023 at 9:19 AM, Babypants said:

To paraphrase Colonel Kilgore, I do love the smell of razor sharp world weariness in the morning!  I well remember Dick, or rather Dickies plural.  How I dreaded monthly department meetings at the start of my career.  Ph.D.'s all, and not one of the Dickie boys (and girls) had the smarts of a single cell amoeba.  Meeting over, the three of us in the department who were sane promptly adjourned to a bar to spend the next six hours getting drunk.  Many a t-shirt up ended up, impromptu, between my legs because as most of us here know all too well, you don't buy beer, you merely rent it.

A great piece.  Thank you for sharing it.  

12 hours ago, keith60 said:

i wish the story was longer 

My thanks to you both for the responses! It was originally meant to be considerably longer, and honestly I'm surprised at myself for neglecting it this long considering I've gotten some positive feedback.

It's definitely past time to bump this upward on my "to write" list!

Offices, Elevators, and Diapers

CHAPTER TWO

Now, as the emergency-savvy readers among you might know, the first rule of being stuck in an elevator is to avoid panicking. Conversation can be very helpful. Get to know the people you’re stuck with. Create icebreakers and conversation starters. People panic in silence, but a bit of humanity can go a long way. You might be wondering why I’m telling you this; after all, you’re not the one stuck in an elevator. The answer is: so you can be reassured that none of those terribly dull things will be happening next. Instead, we begin with the loud slap, like the crack of a whip, that entirely shattered poor Dick’s lovely, poignant speech about office evacuation policy.

Suzie’s hand was hanging ominously in the air, as if ready to give the opposite cheek equal attention. “This is not a ‘meeting’ kind of a situation, do you get that? We… are not… having… a meeting! We are in a broken elevator, ready to plunge to our fiery deaths at any moment – and that’s assuming we don’t asphyxiate first!”

Dick cleared his throat, absently rubbing his sore cheek. His employees were not taking this well; he made a mental note to schedule a few more emergency preparedness meetings. “Well… I suppose we could adjourn a little early on account of certain extenuating circumstances. Chapter four of the employee safety manual does allow for certain exceptions, but first I want to cover ‘evacuation routes’ and ‘taking inventory’.”

At this point, Joe was physically holding Suzie back while her arms swung wildly over his shoulders, trying in vain to reach their target. “Let me at him!” she demanded. “I can’t take any more of this! Seven years, seven years – I could have been running that stupid coffee shop down the street by now, instead of working for this moron! I would still have more dignity!”

“Suzie, please… remember… calming breaths.”

Suzie blew out a breath, forcing herself to calm down, while exactly no one paid attention to poor Liza, who was holding both hands against her groin and shifting her weight from one foot to the other.

“Fine! Just… I’m okay,” Suzie said in a sullen tone, pulling out of his grip. “You can let go. I just don’t do well with wrecked, burning elevators.” She frowned, noticing that Joe had acquiesced and let go, but was staring conspicuously downward at her uncovered, puffy wet diaper. It crinkled softly whenever she moved, which only seemed to draw his attention back to it like a moth to fire. She sighed heavily. “Also… I’m up here, yeah?”

Joe’s eyes turned to Liza, and the astonishing fact that he was staring at anything besides Suzie’s diaper made her follow his gaze. Dick glanced over last.

The petit secretary had a wide-eyed expression of discomfort, dark brows tented in evident concern. She still held her hands over her privates, and as they watched she bent her knees and straightened a couple of times. She froze with the realization that everyone was staring at her.

“Are you okay?” Suzie asked.

Liza blushed. “I… I was going to use the restroom on our floor, since the downstairs one is always dirty, so I held it, and now I’m afraid I kind of need to go.” That was, as we will discover, something of an understatement, but the young secretary was nothing if not reserved.

“Well, I mean, if you have to, you have to, right? No one here will judge you, I promise.”

“Easy for you to say, Miss Applegate, meaning no offense. It’s just that… you’re wearing a diaper and I…”

Suzie frowned thoughtfully. “I’ve got another one in my purse if you really can’t wait.”

“What about me? You maybe have a third?” Everyone turned to Joe, who started blundering through an explanation. “I, well… she’s right, the lobby bathrooms are always dirty. Plus, the coffee’s kind of… free, so…”

“Really? Both of you?” Suzie almost smiled for a minute. She couldn’t help feeling that her diapered lifestyle had just been vindicated.

Liza shook her head in the affirmative. “The coffee,” she echoed.

“Okay, so… everyone just pee through the elevator door and maybe it will put the fire out.”

Joe and Liza protested at the same time, after which Suzie rested her hands on her diapered hips. “Yeah, probably not.”

Dick cleared his throat. “Liquid spilled on the floor is actually a safety hazard under the ‘slips and falls’ category, besides which, I believe that the hygiene code-”

“It’s too late,” Liza warned, sliding down against the corner of the elevator.

“Okay, wait, hold on!” Suzie tried. She quickly dove for her purse and pulled out her spare diaper. It was a lighter, fake-cloth-backed day diaper. She liked to feel lighter in the afternoons. 

Quickly examining her patient, she saw that Liza was wearing a clingy, black short-sleeve tee under a casual but elegant gray notch-collar pixie blazer. It looked professional, but unassuming. It had taste, Suzie admitted, and harmonized well with the secretary’s simple yet pricey silver earrings and her bottoms, which were sleek, form-fitting, and defied the observer to say if they were leggings or work denims. She had a sudden certainty that this woman did not shop from the bargain rack.

“You boys better be staring at the walls for a minute, got it?” she instructed over her shoulder. 

Suzie turned back to Liza. There was already a steady hiss coming from the woman's pants, and her head was tilted back just slightly to rest against the wall. Her brows were arched with concern, yet her eyes were about a third of the way closed, her body seemed relaxed, and her delicate mouth held a shape that was almost a smile. It was open just slightly, as if to make way for a sigh which never came.

For her part, Liza was grateful for Suzie’s well-meaning gesture, however it had clearly come too late. Warm pee was flooding into her panties, which had no chance of absorbing it all, and was steadily soaking her from front to back. She wanted to stop but could not; her relieved muscles refused to negotiate on the matter.

Suzie gave up and set the diaper aside. Working as quickly as she could, she made sure Liza’s jacket hem was high and dry, undid the button on her coworker’s pants, yanked them down (after coercing Liza to lift her bottom), and frowned at just how wet they had gotten anyway. Liza’s spray had turned most of her black trim, gray panties dark gray instead, and more pee was pushing its way past her gusset-

Suzie froze. She didn’t usually spend much time staring at other women’s panties, but she quickly ruled this to be a special case. “Wait… Are those… Bordelle?” Now she knew what bothered her about the woman’s outfit: the fact that she owned it! “You wear these to work? How much do you make as a secretary??” She glared at Dick, who had dutifully turned away. “Dick! Does she make more than me??”

“I can’t discuss-”

“Don’t look!” Suzie scolded as he instinctively turned to respond. The man was all about ‘eye contact’. There had been an entire bit about that during their ‘communication’ meeting. Her warning had come too late, but to his credit Dick at least pretended to have seen nothing. "She does though, doesn't she!?"

“Miss Applegate, seeing as how I’m well…” Liza glanced down briefly. The yellow pool in which she sat was shallow, but getting steadily filled, and it rippled in response to her every small movement. “...taking care of something,” she continued in her demure fashion, talking over the continued hiss of her bladder’s assault on her sodden panties, “can we talk about this some other time – and also does he need to be filming this?”

“Oh, right, yeah. Sorry, I - wait, what?” Suzie whipped around to see Joe holding his phone, intently trying to find the best angle on Liza. Her rage exploded to life, and she leaped at the man, yanking the phone right out of his hands, slamming it to the ground, and stomping the life out of it. “What is wrong with you! Do you have no self control? Are all men as piggish, inconsiderate…”

“Can I interrupt you here for a sec-”

“No, Dick, you can’t! Now, where was I? Oh yes. You. You are a selfish, lascivious-”

“Actually, Miss Applegate-”

“What?!”

Everyone in the room was looking down, and she followed their gaze to the smashed device beneath her heel.

“That wasn’t… per chance… our only phone, was it?” Liza asked.

“You don’t have one?” Suzie returned.

The secretary finally got herself to stop peeing and made a token effort to shield her soaking panties from view. Unfortunately her small hands didn’t preserve too much of her dignity. She looked at Suzie and then at Dick. “Actually, Sir, I was going to tell you… it’s in the shop. I spilled coffee on it yesterday.”

“And mine’s… umm… broken,” Joe volunteered with his typical degree of insight. He pushed his glasses up his nose. “You, umm, have one though, right Suzie?”

Her cheeks colored in embarrassment. “Funny story: I lost my car charger… listened to some music on my way here… there was some traffic, you know how it is in the city… one thing led to another… aaaannnddd I might have… sort of… killed the battery. But don’t worry!” She thrust a finger at Dick. “You know this guy’s got one. Every time he refuses to answer his office phone, he tells me to call his ‘private line’, apparently just so I can listen to his stupid voice mail! So… come on, Dick. Quit stalling, pull out the ‘ol phone and-”

“I don’t have it.” He sucked in a breath and slipped into the formal monotone he used when explaining things that employees should obviously already know. “As I’m sure you’re aware, we have a strict ‘no cell phones at meetings’ policy in this department. Our meetings should be focused on solutions, not distractions.”

Had Suzie opened her eyes any further, one would be forgiven for expecting them to simply roll right out of her head. For the space of a few breaths her whole body was limp.

Then Joe was (again) having to do everything he could to hold her back as she tried to fight past him. Her arms stretched for all they were worth, hands reaching out for Dick’s neck... opening and closing... opening and closing… “I’m really going to do it! Let me at him! You want me to; I know you do! We can blame it on the elevator!”

“Suzie? Miss Applegate?” Dick cleared his throat patiently. “Can I… Suzie?”

Her tirade continued unabated.

“There’s really no point to all this,” he persisted. “I realize this is a stressful situation, but if you continue to threaten me I’m going to have to mention it in your next review, and I’m already overlooking multiple dress code violations! Furthermore, I don’t know why you’re getting so upset. This policy has been in effect since the last fiscal cycle. There is a suggestion box right outside my office for this sort of complaint…”

Suzie’s stomach was tied up in knots and churning violently. This could not, she kept insisting to herself, be real. Dying in an elevator was one thing, but dying with this idiot seemed well past the line. “That doesn’t even make logical sense!” she cried, still trying to get at Dick and apparently uncaring if she got confused for having a ferocious strain of rabies. “He didn’t even call his fake meeting until the elevator was already stuck! He’s doing this on purpose! Let me do it – for all of us!”

Joe had wrapped his arms around her as tight as he could just to keep a grip on her, and for a time it looked like she might just topple them both over. Instead, her struggles suddenly diminished. Her brow furrowed and she frowned. There was an audible gurgle in her stomach.

She clenched muscles she hadn’t much used, attempting to hold it in, but her bowels were determined. A frustrated hiss escaped her lips even as a thick log of poop began to escape her backside.

She went slack in Joe’s arms as her attention went entirely to her futile fight against a process which was already too far along. What’s more, as tight as Joe had been holding her, and with her arms still draped over his shoulder in an attempt to strangle Dick, Joe’s head rested on the back of her shoulder and looked almost straight down the curve of her back to where her torn sundress ended, and her thick white diaper accentuated the curve of her bottom.

Releasing a sound that was half growl half whine, she tried again to contain it, but her poop continued to push its way out. It was soon pressing against her diaper, from which emanated a soft crinkle as the plastic shell tried to maintain its shape. “Okay, you know what? You can just let go of me now. Really!” Her soft brown log continued to escape and deform, creating a somewhat even bulge. She couldn’t help feeling relieved by the process, and even set aside -for the moment- her rage towards Dick, but she didn’t need the free hug; being squeezed was only making it harder to stop. “I promise not to kill him… yet. I’ve got something else going on, alright?”

“You know, umm, from this angle… it kind of looks like you’re pooping in your diaper.”

“Thank you, Sherlock. Really. Okay, what did we talk about? Let… go-oh-ooooh, gosh.” Her eyes shot wide in panic. He did finally release her, but at that point there was no good in trying to stop anything as she felt the back of her diaper aggressively expanding. It pressed her own warm, soft poop up against her as it was filled.

Liza, meanwhile, had tucked her knees up against her chest and wrapped herself into a ball in an attempt to avoid getting trampled by Suzie’s rage. Her pants were still bunched up at her ankles; she had decided not to ruin Suzie’s attempts to keep them dry by sitting in her puddle while wearing them. The saturated cloth of her panties, which wrapped her entire midsection in a moist warmth to which she was unaccustomed but did not entirely dislike, made a slight slapping sound against the floor when she shifted her position and plunked back down. “No phones? Oh dear,” she said quietly, too agitated to be fully aware of her own words, “oh dear, oh dear… how can it get any worse?”

“Okay… You may want to hold that thought,” Suzie replied wearily, “and maybe your nose. Sorry…” She gave in completely, sank into a crouch right in front of them all, with the bottom of her distended diaper inches above the ground, and helped the process along with a push and a heavy sigh. Her body made its own sounds of release as poop surged from her backside into the heavy diaper, expanding into more and more territory.

“Is she really…”

“Oh dear, Miss Applegate!”

She couldn’t stop. Normally she didn’t explode all at once like this, and she could only conclude that the stress of their situation was wreaking havoc with her insides. She was full enough now that she had to push harder to fit more in, and she did so, scrunching up her face and holding her breath with effort. She felt steadily lighter inside as her load was transferred to her swelling diaper. When it was over she blew out a breath of relief.

Liza blinked, then looked away in a belated attempt at courtesy. Dick was holding his nose and giving her a disapproving frown. Joe was… well Joe was staring at her in open fascination of course. She glared at Dick, then looked pointedly at her full diaper, and back at Dick. “What? I thought that was the ‘suggestion box’.” Her sarcasm turned to the room at large. “You never seen a woman poop before? You want status updates or something? Well here it goes: I may have a bit more coming, but I think the worst is over.”

Now this, Dear Reader, brings me to the final part of our lesson in elevator emergency safety. That is, of course, to never say something like ‘how can it get any worse?’ or ‘I think the worst is over’. It is universally understood that only the most unreservedly and unabashedly masochistic would ever commit the foolish blunder of saying them both in the middle of a trapped-in-an-elevator story.

Which is why the elevator’s control panel chose that moment to explode with a violent blinding light, even as Suzie’s ears were assaulted by a sudden pressure and a horrendous snapping and crackling. Her mind only caught up to what was happening after the fact, as the fiery wreck of the panel smoked, hissed, cracked and popped. Sparks bigger and brighter than she had ever seen leaped out at them from its dark gaping maw. Smoke started pouring into the elevator – and not the wispy white kind but a raging, dark plume of it. From the top down, the air in the elevator was becoming toxic, while around them echoed the sounds of groaning metal.

She was aware of being face-first on the ground but didn’t remember diving or falling. Joe was next to her, while Dick was down on one knee with a hand over his mouth, fighting a coughing fit. Liza hadn’t moved, but was once more wrapped into a ball.

They all turned to stare as one, her last words hanging in the air above them.

“Okay,” she said in a level but croaking voice. Her ears were still ringing a bit. “Probably shouldn’t have said that last thing, but I want it on record that the universe took that out of context.”

Edited by AWetterWorld
got my own character's name wrong
  • Like 1
  • AWetterWorld changed the title to Offices, Elevators, and Diapers (Ch.2 up)

New kid on the block here.  I like your style.  It reminds me of A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.  Suzie is the female Ford Prefect, and Lisa the Arthur Dent?  Is there a space ship coming along to save them just as the elevator takes its fiery plunge?  Can't wait for chapter 3.

4 hours ago, littlebopeeper said:

New kid on the block here.  I like your style.  It reminds me of A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.  Suzie is the female Ford Prefect, and Lisa the Arthur Dent?  Is there a space ship coming along to save them just as the elevator takes its fiery plunge?  Can't wait for chapter 3.

Well then, since you mention that you're new, may I be the first to say, 'Welcome!'

I'm glad that you're enjoying this silly diversion as much as I'm enjoying writing it! Hearing such a thing always lifts my spirits. Then, also, there was the mention of a space ship, and now I'm thinking 'diaper story in space... Has anyone actually done an original, serialized diaper space story (not fan fiction)?'

If not, that oversight needs to be corrected!

It seems that you started out with Suzie in the first chapter and the start of the second chapter, but changed the name to Paige for most of the second chapter.  Otherwise a decent story. I would've sucker punch the boss probably within the first 5 minutes or so lol

6 hours ago, AWetterWorld said:

Well then, since you mention that you're new, may I be the first to say, 'Welcome!'

I'm glad that you're enjoying this silly diversion as much as I'm enjoying writing it! Hearing such a thing always lifts my spirits. Then, also, there was the mention of a space ship, and now I'm thinking 'diaper story in space... Has anyone actually done an original, serialized diaper space story (not fan fiction)?'

If not, that oversight needs to be corrected!

What I really like about this story is that you've taken the time to flesh out your characters.  We all know Dick and Joe.  And it's snarky; elevators on fire do tend to bring raw emotion to the surface!  Thinkng about Hitchhiker's Guide, I'm seeing Suzie's spare diaper as Ford's towel.

Have you ever wondered how long it takes Darth Vader to change his diaper?  

3 hours ago, Guilend said:

It seems that you started out with Suzie in the first chapter and the start of the second chapter, but changed the name to Paige for most of the second chapter.  Otherwise a decent story. I would've sucker punch the boss probably within the first 5 minutes or so lol

Thank you for catching that! Seems like I should probably pick one, huh? Maybe I'll just go fix that...😳

Thanks for the feedback!

CHAPTER THREE

Now, mechanically speaking, you may be wondering how exactly an elevator panel ‘explodes’ in the middle of a fire, given that we all agree simple circuit boards and press buttons generally lack such a proclivity. Did some homicidal technician place a heat-activated bomb behind it, perhaps? Well, before you dismiss it, the possibility is not that far afield. Perhaps it was someone who anticipated this story being written and, wanting to spare us more of this nonsense, desired to kill off our poor protagonists before there could be another chapter. 

Unfortunately, they failed, for Suzie was quite alive. Or rather she was mostly confident about her status as living – in spite of the overwhelming dizziness and a strong desire to catch some shuteye that pounced on her every time she tried to move. Her lungs were constantly, and rather violently, trying to expel smoke, an effort that would have gone much better had the air she was breathing not immediately replaced it with more.

Then Dick was there. He rolled her over and lifted her without any apparent effort despite a few evident burns across his thick, exposed arms. She was uncertain what had become of his suit coat until she noticed it in a pile of flames on the floor. Dick had furthermore forced open the elevator door. A fact she only noted as he leaped through a wall of smoke where it had been, and landed in a dark hallway, still cradling her in his arms.

The elevator was sitting askew about a foot above the hallway floor, still belching smoke. The hallway itself stretched on for quite some distance and was lined with doors, some closed and some left open by whoever had last used them, none of who were in attendance by the time Suzie and the others arrived. The only illumination in the hallway was provided by a couple of red emergency lights spaced out evenly on its left wall. Their harsh, ugly light traveled too short a distance, punctuating the dark hallway with frequent deep shadows.

“Have you got Liza?” Dick asked.

Suzie tried to reply, not entirely comprehending that the question had been directed at someone else. She noted that the nausea of head trauma felt much like the sensation of being very drunk and having a vicious hangover at the same time. She had, at first, felt mostly okay, but the more she was moved, or tried to move herself, the stronger the awful sensation became. “What… how… how would I have… Suzie? I mean… Liza? You're... you're carrying me... right?”

“Yeah, I’ve got her,” Joe called from the other side of the wall of smoke. His sentences were regularly interrupted by fits of coughing. “We’re,” cough, cough, ”coming! Now, up we-” There was a loud, low thump, then a moment or two of silence.

“Sir,” came Suzie’s soft, reserved voice, “I’d like to add that I do not share his confidence- Oof!” Another thump.

“Do you need assistance?” Dick tried again, setting Suzie down on the hallway floor.

“No! No, I mean, umm,” cough, hack, “I’ve totally got this, Man! No worries!”

“Mister,” Liza tried, “Sir… Perhaps if I pulled my pants up first? I think they’re caught on…” There was a loud ripping sound. “Never mind.”

“Totally… got this-” Joe tried before a metallic bang and more coughing silenced him.

“He doesn’t,” amended Liza.

Finally, just a half second before Dick would have leaped back through the wall of smoke, Liza jumped out at him and landed lightly onto the hallway floor with a short scream that was actually more of a bark (her screams being every bit as reserved as the woman herself). She opened her eyes a full breath later, having fully expected to die from the short jump. Secretaries are, after all, expected to be quiet until spoken to, and deathly afraid of jumping from (perceived) heights or any other physical activity which involves the slightest bit of danger, and Liza was not the type to fall short of what was expected of her.

Dick pulled her aside to check for injuries, making room for Joe’s arrival. The word ‘arrival’ is used here in an attempt to be generous. In reality, there is no proper word for the undignified, ungraceful fall he performed, punctuated by a scream much longer and more feminine-sounding than Liza’s. He made tumbling down a mere foot or so appear every bit the same ordeal as jumping from a second story window, and grunted feebly as he came to a crashing halt on his stomach, his face planted firmly onto the floor. Still coughing, he got slowly to his knees and proceeded to try and dust himself off as if nothing had happened. “Good thing I,” cough, “work out, right? I mean… right?”

There was a noticeable lack of public support on the matter. The other three stared openly at the pile of skin and bones that called himself ‘Joe’ and rightfully doubted that the man had, in truth, worked out in his life. When Joe looked at Liza and attempted to bend his arm so as to put his imaginary muscles on full display, Suzie uttered a groan that had nothing to do with her pain.

It drew attention back to her all the same. Soon the others were kneeling over her with looks of concern. They debated the merits of moving her, and wondered aloud if she needed medical attention. Joe was about to go into a detailed recounting of office policy on injuries when Suzie scoffed loudly. “Jokes on all of you. I’m fine. Good thing I grabbed this…” her right hand shot proudly into the air, holding her spare diaper. “...while you were all… while you were all… on a smoke break! Ha!”

She wasn’t certain why the joke had been funny, and had the odd realization that she could have saved a lot of money on alcohol over the years had she known to simply knock her head against a metal wall instead. Working for Dick meant she already had the desire to do so on a regular basis; she only lacked the realization of how effective it could be at making an intolerable situation bearable, even amusing. Except for that bothersome headache. She could do without that.

“Oh Man,” Joe said, snatching it out of her hand. “Thanks. I still need to… you know… do some business myself.”

Liza snatched it out of his hand in turn, then blushed at her unusually aggressive act. “Sir,” she said, turning to Dick, “perhaps, given what she’s wearing right now, Miss Applegate should have this?”

All eyes turned to Suzie’s bulging, loaded diaper. Even Joe’s eyes, which had been spending most of their time locked onto Liza’s still-dripping panties as she crouched next to him. “Agreed,” Dick replied. “Besides, office policy specifically disallows theft-”

“I’ll change her!” volunteered Joe after pushing his glasses up his nose.

“No!” Suzie and Liza replied together.

“Here, Sir, I’ll do it… if you don’t mind Miss Applegate?”

Suzie nodded and Dick moved away, making some announcement about ‘locating an approved evacuation route’.

Joe moved away too, though he required a bit more encouragement. “Okay, so, umm, I’ll be over here then,” he declared from the other side of the door behind which he had been relocated. “You know… in case anyone needs me.”

“Now… are you sure I… sure I need a change… yet?” Suzie said in a slightly slurred voice when Liza returned. The stubborn fog refused to clear from her mind. She usually changed at the end of her lunch break, but couldn’t presently recall what time it was.

Liza took another look at the overburdened Abena M4 that clung to Suzie’s waist for dear life. Had Suzie been standing, the diaper might have just surrendered and fallen to the floor by that point. “I’m really quite certain. I’m sorry, I just realized, are you still… going, Miss Applegate? Do you need a moment?”

“No,” Suzie replied, then cocked her head to the side as she looked up at the ceiling. “Oh wait…” She could feel herself peeing again. “...okay, maybe, yeah. Hold on… wait… Ugh,” she grunted in obvious relief. “Yeah, okay, now I’m really done.”

Liza nodded, then started tearing away the tapes that held the diaper closed. As she lifted it open the smell was terrific, and she was forced to pause a moment while she held her nose. “Oh dear… We have no wipes…”

“Here you go,” Joe offered from over her shoulder, where he was holding one of his pant legs in offering.

“Thank you,” she said on instinct, taking the cloth. Then she winced and looked over her shoulder. Sure enough, Joe had not only left his corner but removed his pants, and was staring, rapt, at Suzie’s open diaper.

He shrugged. “I figured, umm, you know how you ladies are probably sick of being the only ones without pants on anyway… Am I right?”

“Ha!” Suzie barked, pointing to his manhood where it rested quite comfortably in his conservatively-sized tighty-whities. “Yeah but we were thinking like… we could put some pants on, Dufus! Look at that… Look at that… little guy. He’s right after all,” she said to Liza, “you should… you should give him the diaper, the little… the little baby…” She snorted as she giggled.

Joe’s face had already turned as red as it could by this point, and he decided the only thing left to him was to stalk away in a huff. “Fine! You know I, umm, I have a girlfriend! Who I’m going to see. Right now. So, umm, so goodbye!” He slammed the door behind him.

Suzie lifted a hand and placed it on Liza’s right shoulder conspiratorially. “Does he… Does he know that’s not a stairwell? You don’t think I was like… a little harsh or anything? I wasn't like... mean about it, right?”

The secretary fidgeted. “Oh dear. Well…”

“Nah,” Suzie said nonchalantly, “he’s… he’s fine.”

Liza pulled the dirty diaper away with one hand, once more holding her nose with the other, and closed it up as best as she could without compressing it and thus causing its heaping contents to squish out the sides.

Suzie continued while the other woman worked. The world wasn’t quite in focus, but it was only trying to imitate her thoughts. “You know, I’m glad we have this… this time to… are we like ‘bonding’ do you think? Because, you know, I almost… I almost invited you out for drinks like… so many times, but… well you work in Dick’s office so I was like… ‘hey maybe I’ll get this tooth pulled instead,’ you know?”

“Oh dear, I’m sorry, Miss Applegate. I really couldn’t,” Liza replied as she continued to wipe Suzie clean and dry, lifting the woman up by the legs to get her backside. It took both of Joe’s pant legs and Liza’s blazer besides. “I don’t drink.”

“You don’t drink?! But you work with Dick like… every day! Oh… your nice blazer!” Suzie said sympathetically.

“It’s okay, Miss Applegate. I’m going to get one I like better next month, after I get that raise-” Both of the petit woman’s hands snapped shut across her mouth like a bear trap as she realized what she had said.

“Raise?” That did it. Suzie’s mind was starting to clear now. “RAISE?! Dick, you… you bastard! Get over here!”

Liza busied herself with finishing up the cleaning and drying of Suzie, universally avoiding eye contact with anyone, as their manager walked over.

“You’re planning on… on giving Liza a raise? After we've already identified that she makes like... like way more than me?!” Dick noticed on approach that operation 'diaper change' was not complete, and averted his gaze. “How dare you! I… You… Arrggg! You told me just two weeks ago that I can’t get a raise, because... because there ‘isn’t enough money in the budget you said!”

“I examined the issue thoroughly, examining both of your records, and determined that Liza’s service to this company over the years has warranted special consideration. I’m afraid I can’t say more than that…”

Liza was struggling to hold Suzie down now, at the same time as she tried to slide the clean diaper underneath her uncooperative subject and get the sides wrapped around. “Miss Applegate, please! Oh dear, oh dear…” Finally she was forced to plop her own wet bottom down on top of the woman, straddling her. She had managed to get one tape secured, and started on the next…

“I knew you were lying – I knew it! Once I get my hands on you, you’re going back into that elevator shaft, and not necessarily into the elevator itself…”

Dick sighed. Being a department manager, he reflected sadly, was a burden that never ended. Normally he would refer this kind of behavior to H.R., but these were special circumstances... “Has anyone seen Mr. Hill?”

“He -ow! Hold still please, Miss Applegate. He went into that utility closet over there,” Liza supplied, pointing. “I think he believed it to be a stairwell, but he hasn’t come out yet.”

Dick walked over to the closet and opened the door.

Joe was sitting on a cleaning supply cart, his hands crossed over his chests, trying to look -as every disgruntled employee surely has at some point during their lives- like it was perfectly natural to be sitting in a utility closet. “Umm… yeah?”

“Mr. Hill, I’m afraid I have to remind you that company policy strictly prohibits taking unauthorized breaks, splitting up during an emergency, or veering from proscribed and posted escape routes. Furthermore, I notice you too are now in violation of the company dress code…”

Suzie tried to continue fuming, but ended up barking a short laugh. “Ha! Have I said before how it’s like... actually kind of funny when it’s happening to someone else?” She snorted. “But I’m still going to kill him…”

“Oh dear! All this talk of death… Okay, Miss Applegate, you’re all cleaned up.” Liza lifted herself off of Suzie, who was now sporting a clean, white diaper and a small wet spot on her chest, and offered a hand. “Can you walk?”

“Well that penny-pinching, favorite-playing oaf over there certainly isn’t going to be carrying me any more!” Suzie spat, taking the hand and getting unsteadily to her feet. “No offense,” she added. “Thanks for the change, and… enjoy your raise and all that…”

Liza demurred quietly, wisely staying nearby as Suzie tried to walk, and then lodged herself under her coworker’s shoulder to avert another accident. “Please, Miss Applegate, let me help.”

“Yeah, whatever, I’m fine! I have more to drink than this every Monday!”

“Miss Applegate, you haven’t had anything to drink! You just hit your head. Here, please, please stop fighting me.”

“Nothing to drink! Well… well that’s the whole problem right there!” Suzie retorted, finally letting the other woman support her. “We need alcohol – and to kill Dick. Alcohol. Dead Dick. Think you can help me with that? Oh hey, what’s this?”

A full minute later and Dick was still lecturing Joe as the women approached. Suzie was holding a sign she had ripped off the wall. It was a map of an emergency exit route. “Here,” she said coldly, smacking Dick over the head with the sign with a sharp whack that echoed down the hallway. “I found that thing you should have been looking for all this time.”

He rubbed his head, but took the map. “We’ll talk about your conduct later, but… very good. Now… it says here that our starting location is this hallway here and… Now, if this intersection is the one just ahead… taking a left there will…” He trailed off when he realized that Joe was following Suzie as she walked away (with the continued support of Liza), and all three were already some distance down the hallway. With Joe, of course, following behind the two pantless women, and paying so much attention to the way Liza’s sopping wet panties and Suzie’s puffy diaper accentuated their respective curves that he seemed quite likely to trip over thin air at any moment.

He moved swiftly to take the lead, as was proper for his position, while they made the proscribed turn indicated on the map. At the end of that hallway there was a new source of light: a window.

All four rushed towards it, but rather than open the window Dick only shook his head.

“What are you waiting for?” Suzie demanded, using a bitter shove to knock Dick aside, sending him stumbling head-first into a wall. “Oh…”

“What is it?” Joe said anxiously. No one paid Dick any mind as he rubbed his increasingly sore head and stumbled to his feet.

“Why don’t you just look out the window yourself and see-” She sighed, noticing that Joe’s gaze was still glued to the backsides of the two women in front of him. “Oh never mind, who am I talking to? It’s the fire escape,” she explained sadly, “it’s… gone.”

She was quite correct of course. No broken elevator story, as you know, could possibly be resolved as easily as climbing out a window or walking down a stairwell. We’ll get to the stairwell next chapter, and of course that's not a spoiler because -as I just explained- we all knew that was never going to be the solution.

Back in our present situation, the four of them saw that they were actually on the third floor, and that the metal fire escape had indeed come completely off the side of the building. It now rested in a crumpled heap below.

Otherwise, the view was actually quite beautiful, even cinematic. The sun was beginning to set, and fires turned the horizon orange even as they drew stark, black lines across the sky. Everywhere there was chaos. Some buildings had lights. Most did not. The streets were quite impassable due to the huge number of accidents everywhere, and in many places the earth was shattered by giant cracks.

It is a shame, then, that our protagonists were entirely incapable of giving the scene its due appreciation. They were far too preoccupied with the smoke spilling out from the elevator shaft and filling the hallways. It formed a dark cloud right above their heads, and caused their throats to itch. Soon they would have to duck or even crawl if they wished to inhale breathable air.

“Oh dear… Oh dear, oh dear… No one is coming for us, are they Miss Applegate?”

No answer was necessary.

• Like 2
  • AWetterWorld changed the title to Offices, Elevators, and Diapers (Ch.3 up)

Shades of The Towering Inferno!  Another great chapter, at least for those of us who want the focus to be on the characters rather than the diaper.  Right now, Dick Doofus is giving new meaning to the Peter Principle..  They need to find water, douse their shirts and blouses, and use them as impromptu bandanas.  Next, if you can't get down, you have to go up.  There are water tanks on the roofs of these office buildings (hint, hint).  Was Dick on vacation the last time his building conducted a fire drill?

7 hours ago, littlebopeeper said:

Shades of The Towering Inferno!  Another great chapter, at least for those of us who want the focus to be on the characters rather than the diaper.  Right now, Dick Doofus is giving new meaning to the Peter Principle..  They need to find water, douse their shirts and blouses, and use them as impromptu bandanas.  Next, if you can't get down, you have to go up.  There are water tanks on the roofs of these office buildings (hint, hint).  Was Dick on vacation the last time his building conducted a fire drill?

Thanks! (I can see from Google searching your references that I should be watching Towering Inferno or maybe reading some of The Tower for some inspiration here, and fuel for things to spoof.)

And yeah, as far as Dick, I've always thought of him as that supervisor who can quote any rule and throw the book at you about anything, but has no practical, common sense to tell them what they should actually be doing - as in the sort who actually believes that the only useful metrics of the company's health are to be found on a spreadsheet somewhere. I'll bet he found a way for his department to skip the fire drills completely just to "increase productivity".

I'm ashamed to say that I only just now educated myself on the plumbing systems of skyscrapers. I never realized they needed their own pumps and tanks. Turns out many have periodic tanks, pumps, and pressure systems scattered throughout the floors, not to mention the tank you mentioned on the roof. All of which raises further questions, like why the fire suppression systems (which would have dedicated plumbing) aren't functioning.

Turns out even writing a good spoof takes a certain amount of research. I can see I'm going to have to get a bit more serious about this.

Also, I'm glad you like the character focus. Reading your feedback made me realize something. As I write more and more ABDL, I am noticing that I struggle to keep the diaper-related content fresh and inspired (if it ever was in my case). I like the "Shades" part of "Shades of the Towering Inferno" because more "Shades of Gray"-like content is actually something that really interests me. I started out writing ABDL in the first place because I find wetting, diapers, and punishment to not only be fun topics, but sexy.

But in practice, I've been feeling like I got detoured into what is becoming a sort of predictable monotony of diaper pooping and changing across all of my stories. Not that I don't love those things too, in fact diaper pooping and changing can be super sexy! But I'm thinking that a fresh focus on that side of things, on what motivated me to write this genre in the first place is just what I need to stay inspired!

I was really on a role in all my stories, then all of a sudden my creativity tank hits empty and full stop. Engine stalled. No ignition. I'm done.

Quite frustrating. I'll get back to these stories as soon as I get my mojo back. Apologies.

Is there a particular time of the day when your creative juices seem to flow more freely?  Virtually everything that I ever published (and that's a lot) was written between 22:30 and 02:00 hours.  The rest of the day was pretty much a creative write-off.  

Please be patient, and don't force matters.  When it comes to creative writing, you simply cannot pound square pegs into round holes.

14 hours ago, Babypants said:

Is there a particular time of the day when your creative juices seem to flow more freely?  Virtually everything that I ever published (and that's a lot) was written between 22:30 and 02:00 hours.  The rest of the day was pretty much a creative write-off.  

Please be patient, and don't force matters.  When it comes to creative writing, you simply cannot pound square pegs into round holes.

Thanks for the suggestion! I hadn't thought specifically about time of day, although it is true that I'm generally more productive after the sun goes down. Circumstances have driven me out of bed -and into bed- early this last few days, leaving me little time at night when I'm most creative. That must have been what disrupted my roll.

But really, it just seems to be a pattern with me, and this applies to every creative outlet I've discovered, that my brain is either in an 'on' or 'off' mode.

When it's turned 'on' I get a lot accomplished. I can create and create and there doesn't seem to be an end to it. I also get very little sleep.

When it's 'off' I can sit in front of the computer all day but all I'll be doing is staring at it blankly. I've tried 'taking breaks', going out for walks, doing something fun, reading something or watching a movie for motivation, moving to a different space to write, nothing works.

I have tried the "limit myself to a few hours each day" approach, but in the end I just get repeatedly frustrated by having to walk away in the middle of something, to the point that I just don't want to do it at all anymore.

I cannot seem to win this battle. For whatever reason, the only thing I've found to do is just to let it happen. I find a second, non-written outlet until my mind gets burned out on that one, then come back to writing, back and forth, maybe even keeping three in the rotation. It is an endless cycle of bursts of productivity followed by long dry spells. Each time I think "that's not going to happen this time; I'm having far too much fun to stop". Then it does.

It is endlessly frustrating, but you are completely correct: I simply can't force it. I just hope my "dry spell" is short this time around. It bugs the heck out of me to leave my stories just hanging like this, half-finished. And it utterly ruins the feeling of accomplishment I was building.

But anyway, thanks again for the moral support. I'm just going to keep coming back to the computer and trying again, hoping for that spark.

• Like 1

[Okay I stayed up way too late again for a few nights and sure enough got something. Maybe it's true; maybe I can only be creative in the middle of the night. Not sure if it's a good thing, or if it's just going to be over-the-top in certain respects and I'll have no readers left, but what the heck. "Shades of The Towering Inferno" or "Shades of Mental Illness"? I'll let you decide:]

CHAPTER FOUR

Now as I’m sure we are all aware, every good disaster story that starts in an elevator needs dramatic moments of death-defying close-calls, scaling of smoke-filled heights with a certainly lethal drop below, clever escapes, moments of bravery and self-sacrifice, and finally an emotional resolution wherein the characters ride off happily into the sunset in each other’s arms.

Unfortunately, I never claimed this was a good disaster story. Perhaps “disaster of a story” would be more appropriate. Our poor protagonists would certainly agree by this point, as they sat slumped against a wall of fallen rubble, where once there had been a stairwell.

The smoke was getting thick enough that even sitting on the floor did not stop their lungs from coughing, or the air from feeling thin. Liza complained about feeling lightheaded. Joe bragged about being fine. Suzie still smiled from when “fine” Joe had lost consciousness and fell flat on his face. Oh, and then there was Dick, who had torn his shirt from his thick muscular chest, in a way that made Suzie imagine Tarzan, and now ripped it into smaller pieces.

She told herself it was her head still ringing, or perhaps the oxygen-deprived air, but her imagination had taken the Tarzan image and ran with it. In her mind's eye he was transforming right in front of her. She imagined him thumping his chest and carrying her off into a nearby tree…

“What is it, Miss Applegate?” Liza asked in response to Suzie’s loud, unappreciative snort.

“Nothing… Just thinking about bad movies.”

“At a time like this?

“I know. It’s stupid. I’m not really thinking, thinking about them, just-”

Joe interrupted, having regained consciousness. “I like movies! You, umm, see that one about that genius? You know, that invented modern computing? Great acting. Good story. I think every school kid should watch it. I, umm, I don’t mean to brag, but I’ve actually stood before the very first computer. They keep it around like a museum exhibit. It was actually featured in the movie…”

Suzie got a coughing fit out of the way, which was good cover for the fact that she was rolling her eyes. “Really? What about that other movie… the one about the nerd who was so smart he couldn’t save his friends from dying in a fire? You seen that?”

He frowned. “Umm, no, not really.”

“Really? Well I’m watching it right now. It sucks.

“Here,” Dick said, handing her an arm from his shirt, “it will help you breathe.”

“You know the cloth is supposed to be wet, right?”

“Well, it is damp,” Liza said neutrally.

Suzie sniffed, then whipped her head back. “Sweat does not count!”

“Okay, here, I got an idea.” Joe snatched the cloth out of her hand.

“Okay, if your ‘idea’ is to pee on the… Wait, why are you already peeing? You don’t have your pants down yet… Oh.”

Joe couldn’t meet her gaze. He tucked the shirt sleeve underneath him and sat on it while he continued to pee, still wearing only his underwear. The white cotton had turned yellow all up his front side and his flood was continuing. His thick stream penetrated the fabric and flowed down to start a pool underneath him. “Well, umm, I did kind of say I needed to go,” he said sullenly, “back in the elevator. But you wouldn’t share your diapers and umm, we haven’t come across a restroom yet…”

“Seriously,” Suzie said without her usual sarcasm, looking at him with brows arched in an atypical expression of sympathy. “How is it none of you have considered diapers before now?” She grabbed the shirt remains out of Liza and Dick’s hands and tossed it at Joe, who held it tightly against himself as it too turned yellow. When his flow still continued, she sighed in defeat.

That was until Liza handed her a bundle of more fabric. Without thinking, she accepted it and bent over Joe, batting his hands aside and shoving it up against him, tucking some of it up underneath for good measure. She began blushing as she pressed the fabric against his fountain, and averted her gaze.

The bundle was much larger than a shirt sleeve. She only belatedly realized it was a whole shirt. She looked at Liza, who was now wearing only her bra and panties, and sighed. “You know,” she said sadly, shaking her head, “there is such a thing as being accommodating to a fault. Not that I want to tell you how to run your life, but…” She felt wetness against her hands and glanced back at Joe, only to see that the man had soaked the shirt but paid little attention to it. His eyes were now locked onto Liza’s partially-exposed breasts.

She gave him an open-handed slap that rocked his head in the opposite direction. “...but now that’s going to keep happening.” Seeing his gaze come to rest on her diaper as she kneeled before him, she slapped him again. When his gaze landed on Liza’s still-damp panties next, she sighed, then reached out to slap him again.

Liza’s hand on her wrist aborted it. “Actually, Miss Applegate, we may want to avoid giving him a concussion. All of us are probably suffering from some level of hypoxia as it is.” Suddenly blushing at her own boldness, the reserved secretary’s hand leaped away.

Suzie shrugged noncommittally. She looked something like a child who had been denied a favorite new toy, but abandoned the slap. Only then did she realize that watching someone else pee is not all that different from watching a documentary on waterfalls or staring at a dripping faucet, and she began releasing into her diaper. “Shoot,” she said, instinctively glancing downward, “this is my last one.”

Joe’s gaze shot down to her groin like a diving hawk, and she uttered an exasperated huff. While getting up she clasped her hands over the front of her diaper to try and disrupt his gaze, but it didn’t work. Not only that, raising her head caused her to breathe in more smoke and she coughed as she sat back down beside Liza.

Her body had little enough fluid left, and she was finished a moment later. She glanced over at Joe to see if he was still staring at her, noted that he had stopped peeing, and further observed a new bulge in the front of his underwear. Her hands pressed against her diaper more tightly in a subconscious gesture of unease. Joe’s inability to control his stare was one thing. Her male coworker having an erection while watching her pee was quite another.

A few moments later Joe picked up a soaked shirt sleeve and held it out to Liza and Suzie in offering. “It’s, umm, wet now, like you wanted…”

Suzie stared at it as if it were a disgusting, slimy eel. “Yeah. Thanks, but that’s yours now. I’m good with suffocating-”

The wet cloth was clamped across her mouth by Dick, who proceeded to tie it behind her head so it would stay in place. “I’m sorry, but as head of this department I’m responsible for your safety in the event of an emergency. I can’t have you suffocating, and you are quite correct that wet cloth is much more effective at…”

He continued the lecture while Suzie, under the combined odorous assault of Dick’s sweat and Joe’s pee, crossed and uncrossed her very wide eyes while her hands flailed about.

Dick became concerned that she was not fully absorbing what he was saying. He let loose a heavy sigh of his own. Employees, he reflected sadly, were always complaining that their ideas were not given enough credence, then protesting when he was kind enough to implement them.

“Liza!” Joe said, grabbing Liza’s shirt and moving towards her, dripping on the floor as he went. “We have to protect her as well…”

“No! …Mr. Hill, that’s really quite kind of you but…” The secretary looked around desperately, then tore off a sleeve of Suzie’s dress in one clean swipe. (A clever reader might be impressed by her sudden strength, but would no doubt immediately recall how easily the cheap garment had ripped in half back in chapter one. Suzie’s clothes-buying habits would be forever altered by the end of this story.) 

“...perhaps I should do it myself.” Liza rose up into a crouch, moved as if to remove her underwear, then aborted when Joe continued to stare. Instead she placed the sleeve on the floor beneath her, and peed through her already wet panties. When it was done, she daintily wrung out the fabric before holding it over her mouth. “Oh dear,” she mumbled

Joe wrung out Liza’s shirt aggressively, but rather than cover his mouth with it, he placed it under its still-crouching owner’s dripping panties. “Could you, umm…” He made an awkward hand wave from her groin to the shirt.

Liza’s muffled voice replied, “But, Sir, you just finished trying to dry it.”

“Umm… I changed my mind. It’s too dry now.”

“Are you certain?”

“Oh, yeah, for sure, and I don’t want to die of smoke, so umm…”

The request seemed quite irregular, but Liza, being the thoughtful, complaisant person that she was, shrugged and proceeded to let go with a soft, high-pitched sigh, once more peeing through her panties as she tried to ignore Joe’s wide-eyed fixation with the process.

“...Furthermore,” Dick was saying, “company policy strictly prohibits employees remaining in an unsafe place, which this has clearly become. So, in the interests of making this meeting a productive one, and including everyone in the process, I will open the floor to suggestions.” He had already decided to ignore the continuous and quite gratuitous dress-code and conduct violations. They had become pervasive enough so as to require their own meeting.

Noting the lack of responses to his present query, he looked at each of them sternly.

Suzie’s eyes had rolled back in her head, and her hands clawed at her wet mask.

Liza coughed in spite of the wet cloth and only shrugged.

Which left Joe, who was unique in his lack of aversion to the circumstances. He breathed deeply through Liza's shirt, soaked as it was in her own pee, while his eyes rolled almost as far back in his head as Suzie’s. He relaxed his shoulders in obvious contentment, but said nothing.

“I’m noticing that when we have meetings on a Monday, participation is reduced,” Dick said in honest concern. “It seems our ‘free coffee’ policy is not having its intended effect.”

“Oh dear. Well, Sir, as much as I’m certain we would all like to postpone this…”

“Actually, I have an idea.” Joe pointed to a nearby wall. He looked smug, as of course all IT personnel are expected to be, having been bestowed with sacred knowledge too complex for the mere mortals who surround them. “I kind of, umm personally supervised the installation of the cat cables for the new T3 backbone, you see, last year, and umm…” His body was held in a rigid, confident pose, as he preened at his own self-importance. “...I was kind of the reason we got the upgrade too, but umm anyway, the main trunk runs through a vertical shaft in that hollow wall right there.”

He let that hang in the air for a time, only continuing after getting a few expectant looks, pinching the bridge of his nose, and finally making impatient gestures while he explained. This was all part of his training. As I am sure you, Dear Reader, are already aware, the first rule of being in the business of tech support is to ignore everything your client says and read a series of thoroughly counter-productive instructions from a pre-written flow chart, but that’s beside the point, and Joe had no such chart. The second rule, however, is to emphasize your superiority over the lesser life forms around you at all times. That one went against his self-conscious nature, so it was fortunate he had practiced. “...It’s like, umm, 18 inches deep maybe, and runs for several floors in either direction. So we could, you know, pull out some cat cabling and use it as rope? I mean, it’s so obvious now. To me of course. I would have thought of it, like, much sooner, but you know… the smoke inhalation… and umm, stuff…”

With that said he inhaled another lungful of Liza’s scent, which the others took to mean that he was finished with his ‘explanation’.

Dick made certain to declare the meeting in ‘recess’ in order to try out Joe’s idea, and helped the younger man break through the appropriate section of plaster wall. The metal shaft turned out to be tall, thick metal braces anchored to the building’s framing, with thin aluminum panels as siding. Those came off with relative ease.

They yanked out as much cabling as they could reach, but much of it either refused to come loose or was severed by Dick’s almost violently-strong pulls. This raised a new problem, as the two men agreed it would be dangerous to try climbing down a three-story wall using a rope that might snap under their weight or be severed the moment it caught on something.

Thick electrical conduit ran opposite the cabling, but even Dick could not pull loose the heavy wire within. It was extremely difficult to see what they were doing inside the dark shaft to begin with, the hallway’s emergency lighting and dim reflections from the distant window being mostly useless as light sources.

Their eventual solution to the cable problem was to braid multiple ones together and combine their strength, but this reduced the total length.

One of their makeshift masks fell down the shaft and was lost during the process, and Suzie’s dress, already missing one sleeve and its bottom half, soon found itself without the other sleeve, but otherwise their revised plan seemed to be going off without a hitch.

This being other than the final chapter, you can probably guess that the resulting rope was too short. From their third-floor window, they concluded, and a too-short ‘rope’, it would be dangerous to climb down to the street below, as jumping the remaining distance would likely injure them. There seemed little to no chance of an ambulance -or any other assistance- in the city’s present state of chaos.

Their final solution was to try and climb down the shaft itself. With all of the cables and conduit running through it, there were handholds aplenty. Its size was just large enough to accommodate even Dick, although his broad shoulders would nearly get him stuck on several occasions.

Liza passed around some bottled water she had found in one of the nearby rooms while they explained the plan to Suzie, who gasped in air as the cloth was removed from her face. She had never been so glad to inhale smoke, although the others remained oblivious to her distress. As they talked, she downed the entire bottle of water. “Okay,” she said at last, breathing heavily and wiping her mouth. “Here’s what we’re going to do. One of you is going to toss me out that window over there… head first. I can’t take any more of this; I want it to be over.”

Everyone gave her concerned looks, but refused to do any throwing, and she relented with a heavy sigh. “Fine. Whatever. Let’s do your idea then.”

Suzie glanced down the dark shaft a minute later and quickly suggested that Dick go first, to which the supervisor made no objection. Liza, it was agreed, would go next. Joe leaped in front of Suzie, volunteering himself to go next by climbing into the shaft.

“Such chivalry,” Suzie commented dryly, then climbed in last.

Soon they were all below the level of the floor, and gratefully breathing smoke-free air. Dusty, stale air, they each noted, as they coughed and sneezed their way down, but breathable.

Despite the conduit and cables to grab onto, everyone but Dick was soon complaining about sore arms and tired muscles.

Initially, Joe was more silent about complaints than any of them. He spent his time looking either straight down at Liza’s chest, or straight up at Suzie’s puffy diaper. Later on, well after the events of this story, he would look back and remark that, taken altogether, it might have been one of the best days he had ever had at the office.

And he would most definitely remember the moment when, still illuminated from above by the light leaking in the open panels, Suzie’s sneeze caused her to start aggressively leaking into her diaper while he watched from only a few feet below. Her legs were bent in front of her, her knees pressed against one wall, her back against its opposite, and her arms were anchored against the two walls to either side, leaving him with what he considered a rather perfect view. “Shoot. Shouldn’t have drunk that whole bottle…” she remarked. He was close enough to clearly hear her quiet hiss, as her leak became a stream. “And eyes to front down there, Mr. I.T. Guy! Yeah, I see you looking!”

He would also remember the perfect roundness of Liza’s breasts (when he finally did avert his gaze from Suzie – which as you can guess was not right away), the cute sound of her sneeze as the dust got to her as well, the way her chest heaved, and the way that physics did their part to tantalize him, her every motion causing the slightest jiggle. He would remember the smoothness of her creamy skin. He would remember– Well, I’m once more certain you get the idea… He was, as we all know by now, the sort of man who remembered a great deal about rather particular topics.

The group had only just begun to make real progress when Dick let loose an atypical yelp. “We need to go back,” he suggested rather urgently.

“But, umm, you’re only like one floor down,” Joe replied, not moving.

They all heard Dick clumping and clanging against the metal around him, continually adjusting his position, but his voice seemed locked -as it usually was- in his practiced, professional monotone. Well… mostly. “I appreciate your feedback, but -ow!- I’m afraid that I don’t have the mandated supplies to treat -ah!- first degree burns as described in the manual of emergency first -ouch!- aid, which precludes us from climbing any lower than -arg!- where we started. All of the metal around me is -oh lord!- getting quite warm and is not suitable to touch or climb upon. I’m afraid this floor might be -holy grapenuts!- the source of the smoke we saw, and the fire has likely reached this wall. I’m making -mother of!- an executive decision here to go up instead, and I would appreciate -son of a!- your expediency.”

No one besides Joe had needed the explanation, as grunts of pain proved quite expressive. However, having received it, the IT professional was finally convinced, and the whole group was in motion.

Climbing up was much harder than climbing down. It was no longer enough to brace themselves against the metal panels or slide down conduit, and none of them had practiced proper climbing since their high school gym classes.

At first there was a lot of grunting and groaning, but no one was moving very fast.

“Oh dear. Sir, smoke is getting into the shaft.”

“I’m aware,” Dick replied. “I’m afraid that we’re -oh bother!- going to have to add fire retardancy -ow!- to the dress code as well…”

“Sir? What do you mean… Oh dear me, are you on fire?”

There was the sound of Dick panting, grunting, and banging around, and of cloth ripping. The group took the answer to be sufficient, and suddenly found additional motivation. The pace of climbing picked up.

“I can’t… I can’t climb anymore,” Suzie said at one point. She wasn’t sure how long they had been climbing. It seemed like an eternity. Her breath came in gasps. Her muscles burned. Surrounded by impenetrable darkness, time took on a different meaning.

“See if you can knock out any of the panels around you,” Dick instructed. “There may only be plaster on the other side.” 

Suzie was surprised to hear her boss out of breath. Later she would learn the cause: Liza was no longer climbing. She was getting carried on Dick’s shoulders. Joe, in turn, was getting carried on her shoulders. The poor beleaguered secretary was grunting the hardest of any of them as she struggled to keep him balanced upright on her small frame.

There wasn’t room for Suzie to properly kick but she pounded with her fists on the various panels around her. One of them gave, just a bit, and she almost cried with relief. When more pounding didn’t work, she braced her back against the opposite wall and pushed outward with all of the strength her awkwardly-bent legs could muster.

The panel was budging, but slowly. Her muscles heard the continued instruction to push, which they did, but interpreted the order rather liberally. A warm squishiness steadily pressed itself into her diaper.

Finally the metal panel in front of her snapped off its shallow hooks, the thin, weak wooden plasterboard lath behind it caved, and the plaster surface beyond that shattered into a cloud of dust that made her cough. Artificial light poured in.

“Oh, man, did you just…” Joe reached up from just below her and explored the bottom of her diaper with his right hand while he sniffed, pressing his pointer finger into her squishy bum experimentally.

“Hey!” she protested sharply. “Hands off!” She swatted his hand away for emphasis.

“Oh dear, did she?”

“Again?” asked Dick.

“Hey at least I’m not the one who keeps peeing all over the floor!” she shot back. Otherwise ignoring them, she contorted herself through the opening and crawled gratefully onto solid ground. She noted the absence of smoke with indescribable relief. In time, she knew their gaseous foe would follow them up the shaft, but she reasoned that they could cover the hole somehow, or perhaps make an escape first.

She grudgingly helped Joe through the hole, then -less reluctantly- Liza. Dick was completely ignored. He crawled through on his own, still shirtless on top and now wearing smoking fragments of his dress pants below. His skin was singed in several places. Like all of them, he was covered in dirt and dust. She winced in sympathy, but could not bring herself to express it aloud.

They found themselves in a medium-sized, roughly-square room. There were no windows in sight, only the harsh emergency light above the room’s single exit. Beneath them lay old, scraped and scratched vinyl with a square tile pattern. The walls were stained and dented, and cobwebs padded the corners. Even without the improper lighting, the space had an obvious ‘seldom used’ look.

They competed for floor space with a haphazard collection of old metal-and-plastic tables and chairs, most covered in a layer of dust. “Storage room,” Suzie thought aloud, getting to her feet.

“Told you,” Joe said.

Suzie turned to look at him with exaggerated deliberateness. “Oh really? And just what, my dear I.T. Guy, did you ‘tell us’, exactly?”

He shrugged uncomfortably. “That, umm… this would work?”

“Oh… I see. You told us that we’d end up gasping for breath after nearly dying in a claustrophobic metal shaft. You told us that we’d have gone through all that, not to be rescued, but to be trapped on an even higher floor with even less chance of climbing down to safety?”

He fidgeted with his hands. “Umm, well it sounded better when I said it… You know, you have kind of a negative personality.”

“Negative personality?” She blinked, having trouble deciding if it was worth the energy to throw him back down the metal shaft. “I can’t do this,” she said instead, walking away and pushing her way out the double doors at the room’s entrance.

“Hey, umm, my name’s ‘Joe’… by the way…”

“Yeah, whatever, IT Guy.” That was the last the others saw of her for the time being, as they helped each other to their feet.

“I don’t hear anyone,” Liza observed.

Dick moved to the door, cracked it open, looked around, then turned back to the other two. “I know this floor. Maintenance. It has a conference room that we used for a training seminar, but that was a long time ago. It’s now under the purview of the janitorial and building maintenance personnel. Assuming any of them were working today, they may well have been trapped on other floors.” He exhaled slowly. “That’s a relief.”

“Sir?”

He smiled wryly, as if it were obvious. “Well, I’m hardly dressed appropriately.”

“Oh yes!” Suzie shouted from somewhere down the hallway, “That is exactly the right thing to be worried about in this situation: your reputation!”

“I think you look fine,” Joe replied. It would have been more convincing had he not been looking at Liza while saying it.

She wrapped her arms across her breasts in a self-conscious gesture and tried to pretend that she didn’t notice his intense stare.

“We should split up,” Dick suggested. “Look for exits and other survivors.”

They did so. Dick found several more rooms to their left, but each was either empty or further storage. Liza and Joe went right out of the doorway, then split up when the hallway ended in a ‘T’ junction.

There were more junctions in both directions and it was a good quarter of an hour later before anyone found the elevator. It was, of course, out of service, and no one forced the doors. Each of them remembered the smoke that had poured out of the shaft last time. The stairwell was found next, but by simply glancing over the nearest railing it was easy to see that it had collapsed not far below them. There was a huge crack in the outer wall, in those places where it was not missing altogether, and a cool breeze drifted in. Despite being outside air, it smelled vaguely of smoke. The city around them, they were beginning to realize, was in no better shape than their own building. Judging by the angle of the light beams, Liza guessed it to be around noon.

The whole process went slower than it should have on account of Liza and Dick soon being the only two doing actual exploring. Joe opened one of the doors to find a large cafeteria with floor-to-ceiling windows on its far side. When he noticed Suzie standing before them, her curves forming an alluring dark shape that blocked out the bright blue sky beyond, his journeying was forgotten.

Despite its size, the room was mostly empty. There were a few tables near a decently-sized minibar, which sported a full-sized fridge.

“Just come oooonnnn innnn!” Suzie said, poorly impersonating a game show host. She had her back to the door, and was looking not at the blue sky in front of her, but at the desolation far below them, as the city continued with its throes of death. Her voice was slightly slurred as well, causing Joe to worry that she had fallen and hit her head again. Then he noticed the bottle of a colored liquid in her right hand.

“Are you, umm, okay?”

She glanced over her shoulder at him, then turned back to the sky. “Oh, I’m sorry!” she continued in her game-host voice. “That is an incorrect guess! The correct answer is: we’re all going to die!” Her snickering ended with a brief snort.

“If anything’s wrong, you know, you can, umm… you can like… talk to me.”

She snorted again. “Oh sure, we’re best pals, right, IT Guy?”

He sighed. “Umm, name’s ‘Joe’, but… I kind of mentioned that.”

“And since we’re best pals, I can tell you anything, right?” Her body lurched slightly. “Drat. I hate hiccups.”

“Well, yeah, sure, you can tell me anything! But, umm, how did you get drunk like… this fast?” Only then did he notice nine more empty bottles arranged neatly on the counter.

“Oh, this is nothin’, Honey. You should -hick- see me on a Friday when I really get going!” She turned around and walked towards him slowly, her hips swaying more than usual, and then stopped just in front of him. She used her hands to lift herself onto a table top, using its empty surface like a chair. Her diapered bottom landed with a quiet squish. “But don’t worry, I can -hick- drink anyone under the table. Alcohol doesn’t even phase me, Jack!”

“Again, it’s ‘Joe’, but umm, sure, I can see that…” What he could actually see here, mind you, was the front of her wet diaper where his gaze was once again fixed.

The walls interrupted them with a groan. It was a deep, tortured, ominous sound. There was a sharp, high-pitched crack too, which Joe later realized had been a window pane breaking.

“You hear that?” Suzie said, splaying her arms in the air dramatically. “That, my dear I.T. Guy, is the sound of this building’s inevitable demise. I’m guessing the foundation is crumbling, or some critical support structure… thing… is collapsing. Maybe the fire is just going to eat it all up… mum-mum-mum-mum…

She burped loudly, then smiled a crooked, unhinged smile. “Either way, we’re all going down, my hopelessly salacious friend. Unless we get burned up in a fire!” She giggled again, then leaned back, palms on the table behind her. “See, this is what’s going to happen next: if this building doesn’t straight-up collapse, an aftershock is going to come along and take out what’s left of it. I’m surprised we haven’t felt one yet. No one is going to come rescue us; no one could even get to us if they tried. Eventually they’ll bring in a helicopter or something, but this building will never last that long.”

She burped. “Looking back, do you know what I regret about all of it?”

“Umm…” Joe’s palms were sweaty by this point, and for once he noticed Suzie looking at his crotch. She had a sly smile as she examined his manhood, where it bulged against his underwear with both hands.

“You’d think -hick-. You’d think I’d regret the fact that… that all my dreams amount to nothing. You’d think that I’d regret my… my career path, or that I’m a single woman with no family left on this earth to miss me. I mean, that’s what I’m supposed to regret… right?”

“I, umm, I don’t…”

“No.” She giggled as if something was funny, then frowned. “No, you ‘don’t’ anything, do you? You don’t have any aspirations. You certainly don’t have a girlfriend. I don’t even think you have any friends… How am I -hick- doing so far? Do you even have regrets? Any mark you wish to leave on this world – other than a trail of naked women behind you -hick- whose clothes you’ve torn off?”

“Hey, I didn’t – well, I mean, Liza’s pants, but that was an accident!”

“My dress?”

“Oh, umm, yeah but I mean that was also an-”

She leaned forward, shook her head condescendingly, and placed a single finger vertically across Joe’s mouth while making shushing sounds. Her voice was almost comically exaggerated. “No, none of that now my poor, prurient IT Guy, don’t do that, don’t you do that. You know what? -hick- You are almost single-handedly responsible for the fact that not one of the four of us is wearing any clothes to speak of. Sure, you achieved this illustrious accomplishment -hick- through sheer clumsiness, stupidity, indecency, manipulation… anything but actually being attractive, -hick- but… but you know what? You should own that! It might just be your one talent: to be a… a walking disaster! So own it, Little Man!”

“I… umm, well wait are you saying it’s like a good thing..?”

She leaned back again, a slanted smile crossing her heart-shaped face. “Well, you’re a lecherous, amorous, licentious… I’m out… is there a thesaurus around? Well, you’re what they call a ‘pervert’ I believe. -Hick- But, hey, if you can live with that, why not!”

“So… a good thing?”

She scoffed, shaking her head as if to dispel a headache coming on. Which wasn’t far from the truth. Her head was swimming a bit from drink, yes, but it was working with Dick and Joe that gave her a propensity for migraines. “Look, you’re missing the point here. You see, the point here is that -hick- I… want to kill you. But I’m not! The building is going to do that when it collapses. So instead, I’m going to reflect on the fact that -of my limited offerings- you are the man that I hate the least.”

Joe perked up as if he had just received flowers. “I am?”

“Sure. -Hick- Because… because you know what you’ve got going for you? You’re not Dick. See how that works? Alright, yeah, he’s got a tight body chiseled straight out of stone… thick, strong arms that could bench press a car… chest like a semi truck… alluring, dark, hooded eyes that just… -hick- …just look right into you and make you want to…” She shook herself again. “Okay we’re getting off track here.

“Also, that beer is going right through me! Why do maintenance people even have beers in their fridge? I went to college for four years, you think I have a fridge full of beer down the hall? No!” Her body had already started wetting on its own, but she closed her eyes briefly and relaxed all her muscles anyway, committing herself to the experience. Her own warmth splashed against her as she shamelessly flooded her diaper, making no effort to stop regardless of how wide-eyed Joe’s stare became. It would have been nice if the man could have closed his mouth before he started drooling, she reflected, but such were the limitations of what she had to work with.

Joe was practically salivating as she spread her legs just slightly, and he listened to the soft hiss of her wetting as intently as a wild man -having never heard music- might listen to Beethoven.

“Anyway -hick- what I’m trying to say is… Oh gosh, did I drink that much? What I’m trying to say is: I can live with all that. I can live with the fact that my dreams never came true. I can live with the fact that I’ll die alone in this world. -hick-”

She leaned a little further back, a mischievous smile playing with her features. “You know what I do, in the end, regret about my life?”

Joe gulped, his throat had gone too dry to speak. There was another hideous groan from the building and several panes of glass actually shattered. A cool breeze moved across them. Suzie ignored the violent sounds, while Joe failed to notice altogether.

“What I do regret is… -hick-… that I didn’t have any fun! All the other college kids were out partying… me? I worked into the night and eventually drank myself to sleep after everyone else had crashed… alone. I never traveled – I have two years of unused vacation time,  -hick- two years! All for a joke of a career that was never going anywhere under that… under Dick. But you know… you know what? I could… I could make peace with all that, if I could just say to life, before it snuffs me out, ‘the joke’s on you; I had a hell of a time!’ If I could just say that…”

Her gaze inspected Joe from top to bottom, slowly, purposefully. “So you’re not much, but you’re what I’ve got. And this… -hick- this is the time I’ve got left. So before this building burns down, you and I… we’re going to have some of that reckless, stupid, fun I’ve been missing out on!” She lifted her legs, first one then the other, and looked down curiously, having thought she felt a leak, but then decided not. She shrugged before moving them further apart. She had finally finished peeing, and her day diaper was impossibly soaked, its cloth-like shell discolored with the moisture it contained, from almost the top in front to nearly the top in back. It would probably leak the next time she soiled herself, she reflected with no particular concern.

Joe was trying to remember what speech was, and finally managed a croaking voice. “I, umm… I mean, you want to clean up first?”

Suzie’s face was an indecipherable mask to the poor man. “Is that -hick- what you want? Because, I think what you want is to forget about that, go grab a beer or two, and then ravage me like an animal. What do you think?” She ran a finger slowly, gently, down his chest. “You -hick-… you got an animal hiding in there somewhere, Little Man? I’ve seen the way you look at me… Or anyone with breasts and a vagina, but let’s ignore that and -hick- keep this about us…”

“Yeah, I mean, umm, I don’t… I don’t think the plumbing is working anyway, so… Wild animal, totally!” He tried to growl, but it came out more like a fumbling attempt at a kitten’s purr.

She smiled. “That’s the -hick- spirit.” She turned herself to lay parallel to the table’s length, as if it were a bed, and waited for him, resting back on her elbows. She noted that his manhood seemed likely to burst right through the wet fabric of his underwear at any moment. His skin had grown slick with the sweat of desire, and he moved his lanky body to the table's end with a self-conscious hesitancy that she almost found adorable. Except that he clearly wasn’t getting the whole ‘like an animal’ concept.

He shrugged awkwardly out of his shirt, but then stood there like an idiot. The poor man seemed to need some help. Not surprising, she decided, since he had probably never been with a woman in his life. She pointed at his underwear. “Lose ‘em.”

He did so, then miraculously managed to figure out what to do next and climbed onto the table. (Then slipped and crashed to the floor with a loud thump, then climbed onto the table again.) He crawled forward until he was above her, then finally started gaining a bit of momentum. His eyes were dark pools of urgent need, and his hands actually shook as the poor terrified, excited man reached to her waist and pulled loose first one tab of her diaper, then another, then another.

She kept her eyes locked onto his own the whole time, drinking in his longing. Pretending it was enough. Upon feeling the last tab on her diaper pulled away by his clumsy hands, she stroked his face invitingly, opening her lips just a space... The wet, heavy garment slid off the front of her, falling limply to the table between her legs. A cool breeze brushed across her. It was a stark contrast to the warmth of her freshly peed diaper. She lifted her legs and wrapped them around his narrow body, felt his throbbing member brush against her tantalizingly, so close now. She prepared to take him inside her, and moved one hand down to assist (this was clearly a man who would need to be guided in for a landing).

Joe’s heart was beating so fast, he felt certain it would explode. His gaze combed across her, taking in everything like a dying man in the desert seeing water. He watched her diaper fall open with wide-eyed wonder, taking in the forbidden, mysterious land of her womanhood. (And her alluring, wet, poopy diaper.) No detail of her curves, not an inch of her smooth, soft body, was left unexplored by the naked passion behind his eyes. He paid special attention to the firmness of her breasts, as they hid beneath, and pushed against, the remains of her dress. When her warm hand guided his mouth towards her own, and her legs wrapped around him, her intense heat merged with his own and he felt ready to explode. 

“Since we’re about to die and all,” she said abruptly, her voice hardly more than a whisper. “I’m sorry about making fun of you earlier.”

He might have replied, were he capable of making words.

Her soft hand gently gripped his organ, guiding it slowly towards her…

And then he squirted out his seed, half of it going into her diaper, half of it onto her groin. He gasped; his whole body convulsed as he pushed out more and more of his spray. And after that explosion of ecstasy, so cruelly brief, he was done.

She pulled her hand away and examined where his cloudy load had grazed it. Her body went limp but still burned with a now unquenchable thirst, the heat in her chest matching the fire between her legs. She could only sigh.

It would be the heaviest exhale anyone had heard from her yet, filled with the unspeakable dissatisfaction of one who had just realized that their whole life had been a con.

“Unbelievable,” she said, her breath still fast and heavy but slowing. “Life hates me. That’s what this is.”

“Miss Applegate, are you in here – oh dear! Oh dear, oh dear oh dear oh dear…”

Joe’s head whipped around, and he promptly fell off the table yet again as he let out an unmanly scream.

Dick’s voice came next. “What is it, Liza? Is someone in danger here? I…”

Suzie had pulled her diaper closed again by the time Dick entered the scene, and was busy retaping it even as his voice drifted into dumbfounded oblivion. She got part way up, resting her feet on the bench and once more using the tabletop as a chair. There was nothing provocative about her posture this time. Her body drooped forward, her chin resting in the palm of her right hand, elbow on her knee, while her face was painted with a loud, determined frown. Her voice was still slurred. “The one time I want a man to be a complete animal…”

She casually lifted Joe’s sopping underwear over her shoulder by her pointer finger. It vanished a moment later, as the man hastily attempted to cover himself while staying out of view behind her.

“Miss Applegate, is everything alright? You sound like you hit your head again - ohhh…”

“Yeah, so what? So I had a couple beers. You two idiots want to die sober? That’s your -hick- questionable decision.” She slipped off the table and shuffled over to the fridge, pulling out another beer and popping it open in one smooth motion.

“Oh dear, but how did she get drunk so fast?”

Joe and Dick both shrugged.

“Oh, hey, IT Guy?” Suzie said, walking around the table to stand before him.

“Umm, yeah?”

She tore his shirt off with a brief but loud rrriiippp, and walked away. “I need this. The toilet paper in this building is always that cheap garbage.” The others backed away from her as she walked out of the room without another word.

“Did anyone find an intact fire escape, working stairwell, or means to call for help?” Dick surveyed. No one had.

“I don’t… actually think that, umm, the building is stable, by the way.” Joe said, gesturing to the walls around them. As if on cue, there was another sinister groan.

“Oh dear. Well, perhaps we could go back into the shaft and try another floor?”

“Without being able to get onto or past the second floor, I’m concerned it won’t help. We might find other survivors, but what we need is a way to get them out of the building. Otherwise we’re no help to them.”

“Well, Sir, that might not be completely true. There might be fires on other floors. They might not know the shaft is there. They might be trapped and suffocating. Or perhaps they're perfectly fine, and have an idea we haven’t thought of?”

Suzie walked back in as they were continuing to discuss the matter, but ignored the discussion. Instead, she walked up to Dick with a disapproving frown.

Although the man no longer wore his shirt, his sense of duty concerning dress codes had obligated him to continue wearing his tie. It was important, he understood, to set a good example in even the most trying of circumstances.

Suzie only cared that it made a convenient leash, and she grabbed it. “It’s a -hick- sad state of affairs, Mister, but you’re up.” Then she towed a bewildered Dick out of the room. “You’d better have one heck of a wild animal pent up beneath all that stuffiness,” they heard her saying from the hallway.

“Oh dear, what is going on?” Liza asked. “I believe inhaling all that smoke may have affected Miss Applegate more than we realized!”

Joe let loose a loud burp from the minibar. It was his turn to have an open bottle in his hand. “She’s right,” he said miserably. “We’re all going to die.”

“Oh dear, not you too!” Liza complained, running over to Joe and pulling the bottle out of his hand.

“I’m going to die a virgin now, Liza. I was like… this close… but then she was like ‘No! It’s too big, it won’t fit!’ and I was like ‘Whatever, you’re not the first woman who couldn’t handle me!’”

Liza pursed her lips. “Are you sure she said that, Mr. Hill? Because that doesn’t really sound like-”

“Umm, yeah! Are you calling me a liar?”

She arched her brows in concern, guiding him gently to sit on the nearest bench, but said nothing. “Please don’t give up hope, Mr. Hill. I’m a virgin too, it’s nothing to be ashamed of. But if you’re really that concerned about it, why don’t you help us find a way out? I believe in you.”

“So we’re like the only four people in the world who never had sex? Wow, that’s kind of improbable -Wait! You… you do?”

“The only three people, I believe,” Liza added with a slight blush, “as Mr. Hyman is actually married. But yes, I really do!”

“‘Mr. Hyman?’ Dick?”

“Yes. Mr. Dick Ignus Norman Hyman. For ten years, I believe. Is something wrong?”

“Dick I.N. Hyman? Wow, umm, that’s unique. Married huh? I wonder if Suzie knows that.”

There came a distant, muffled shout from the hallway, its source obscure. “You’re what? Are you kidding me?!”

“Oh dear… Yes I think she may have figured it out, but Mr. Hill, please focus!”

He nodded obligingly, but only his head moved. His eyes were locked onto Liza’s chest, where her breasts peaked out the top of her exposed bra.

“That’s not what I meant, Mr. Hill. Oh dear, why is everyone having such a hard time focusing today? Shouldn’t we be trying to find a way out of this building?”

“Well, umm, I don’t mean this in like a… bad way, but you’re kind of… distracting. How, umm, how is it that you’re not married?”

Liza blushed. “Me? Oh dear, when would I have time? So much work! And of course, as I’m sure you can see Mr Hill, I’m rather… plain. Dating can be hard for a woman like me-”

Joe interrupted her with a wild fit of coughing, mistakenly trying to breathe and swallow at the same time. “You…” cough, cough “…think that you’re, umm, ‘plain’?”

Liza’s cheeks turned almost scarlet red. “You… don’t think so?”

Joe swallowed, then cleared his throat. “I mean, umm, sure… But, you know, umm, some of us guys actually find plain girls to be, you know… desirable… So, umm, you shouldn’t give up hope.”

“Really, Mr. Hill? That’s quite nice of you to say. I’m certain I don’t know anyone like that.”

He cleared his throat again, straightening his posture. “Well, actually, I umm – aaaggghhh!”

Suzie had already stormed through the door and across the room by the time he noticed her, which was the same moment she violently yanked him to his feet, her hands gripping his shoulders like two vices. “Okay, Mr. IT Guy, this is how it is. I’m apparently going to be sober, and most likely dead, before I ever get laid around here, thanks to getting trapped with the two most obnoxious men in the freaking country! So you are going to think up a way out of this before that happens, get it?”

“Me? But… why me?”

“I don’t know!” She let go of him in order to wave her arms around vaguely. “You’re the one who thought up the whole… duct thing… and I guess that means you technically saved us so… Come on! Think up something else already!”

“Miss Applegate, I believe I see-” Liza waved a hand in front of her nose. “Oh dear, we really need to get you into a fresh diaper again, but I was going to say: look!” She pointed out the windows to where, in the far distance, a helicopter seemed to be patrolling the skies.

Everyone froze, including Dick, who had followed some distance behind Suzie. He was strangely silent, and absently straightened his tie as he walked.

“The roof,” Joe said quietly.

“Liza,” Suzie inquired urgently, “you said you found the stairwell, but it was collapsed just beneath us?” Seeing a nod, she continued “What about above us? Can we go up?”

“Oh dear… I don’t know… What is left looked very unstable, but the steps upward did seem partially intact.”

“Good enough for me.” Suzie charged away, and the others exchanged glances before following her in silence.

Joe paused to take one last look at the sunlight streaming through the windows behind them, while the building groaned once more. Another window cracked loudly, then shattered. He thought he could feel the floor shifting beneath him, and it made him somewhat nauseous.

The sensation perturbed him deeply, of course, but Joe being Joe, it was soon forgotten as his gaze locked onto Liza’s panties (she was walking just in front of him). He noted, with a flare of desire, that they had not yet been given the chance to dry since the last time she peed in them. But his mind soon drifted away, recalling the memory of Suzie laying beneath him, looking up at him with large, dark pupils filling her beautiful eyes, wrapping her legs around him as she lay in her open, messy diaper. He had never wanted a woman so badly.

What a pity, then, that he happened to be in the middle of a sadistic, twisted, trapped-in-an-elevator disaster story such as this. Or is it? Only the next loony chapter can tell, but rest assured that fate, for better or worse, is not done with them yet.

• Like 3
  • AWetterWorld changed the title to Offices, Elevators, and Diapers (Ch.4 up)

It looks like your creative mojo came out of hibernation just in time to give us another great chapter!  This is what good writing is all about-- memorable characters and a plot that gives them the scope to reveal the good, the bad, and the ugly in their personalities.  Even without the occasional diaper reference, this would be a real page turner.  Very well done.

• Like 1

Love this story!  Now quick, team, find some rags.  I mean, this is maintenance, right?  Must be some rags somewhere.  Douse rags in beer because, as Dick surely knows (it's on page 112 of the instruction manual for surviving when trapped in a burning building), beer intercepts smoke better than water.

• Like 1

Thanks so much! I should get another chapter up soon, but also want to give my other stories a little attention and these blasted speed bumps keep coming up.

[BEGIN POINTLESS WHINING HERE]

Life heard me complaining about temporary writer's block and really let me have it with an overlapping head cold, migraine, and family-emergency-that-later-turned-out-to-be-a-false-alarm combo, but I guess anything I survive, in the grand scheme of things, is just another speed bump. Wishing for my own death really brings into perspective how much I complain about the little things.

Is it strange that I sometimes feel like a character in my own stories?

My life is going to be one of those movies where, at the end, the camera zooms out on me in a padded cell writing the 'story' of my life on the walls using a stolen crayon I stuffed down my shirt. And then I'm going to realize it and be like "wait... so did all that cr** even mean anything or not??" Roll credits...

Does anyone else ever feel like that?

At least I have my stories. Here, where they live, they can mean something, if just a little.

[POINTLESS WHINING COMPLETE, GETTING BACK TO IT...]

• Like 1