LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

New With Questions

I finally gave into the urge that I have been having since gradeschool to try diapers. I had heard that the best ones are the ones with the tapes on the sides of them, as compared to the Pullup style Depends that I have right now. What brand do you all recommend, and how do you put the ones with the tapes on by yourself? Thanks.

Which kind to buy depends upon what you want out of them and how much you are willing to spend.

Depends Briefs are fine unless you plan on flooding them. I would suggest that you order some sample packs to find one that you like.

You put it on like it's a baby diaper, except that you are both the baby and the diaperer. :D

I like Tena Ultra, they are quiet and concealable.

You can lay down, stand against a wall (put the back of the diaper against the wall and hold it with your back as you pull up the front), or just stand up and kind'a pinch the diaper between your legs as you pull it up.

Welcome. As there are many varieties of diapers offered, the best plan may be to look through the links section of the directory here, take some notes, perhaps order some samples, or as some sites have, free samples, with a fee for delivery. That way you could find out which you would like best rather than asking others here what they think is best. Their are various varieties, some have cloth backing and the rest have plastic backing, some are designed for various amounts of wetting, and some are better than others due to having elastic in the legs or around the torso. What's best for you is for you to decide. Have fun.

Hi Diaper So Softly welcome to Daily Diapers !

I would reccomend TENA Slips as they are slim and easily hidden under clothing as well as giving you a good feeling of security once you have taped them on and you usually will not get any leaks unless you overfill them. :lol:

As for putting them on there is a thread somewhere here that discusses that aspect with plenty of suggestions-we need an expert like Sunshine 2585 to find it for you !!!

I always just pull the Nappy up behind me whilst leaning against a wall and pull it up between my legs and pull the side round and put on the tape and repeat the process with the other side until all is tight and comfortable. :horse::groupwave:

I've spent about 30 years in diapers, not full time but a few times a week. Trial and error is the best way to chose a diaper brand that you will like since each person is different. Fit and absorbency are probably 2 of the most important things and I know personally that I would not buy some of the brands other people like because I don't like the fit. Same thing with others, they might not like some of the brands I use because of either the cloth like backing or the absorbency. Ordering a "sample pack" of different brands from a place like HDIS is a good idea. Since this is the first time you are acting upon your desires you've had since high school, I'd say you will probably get enjoyment out of almost any brand of diaper that you buy. You are "psyched up" for it now. I do agree that actual tape on diapers as opposed to pull on disposable underpants will be better. You might want to try a store brand like Rite Aid, Wallgreens or WalMart first. A package is not very expensive and they will be easy to buy without having to do things like mail order them. All I will say is to read the package becaues many store brands have gone to a cloth like backing instead of plastic backing. That is OK, but most people prefer the plastic backed disposable diapers. If you are going to be wearing diapers under your clothes when out in public, you might want to consider if you will be in close proximity to other people. If so, then noise of the diaper and thickness may be somthing you want to keep in mind. I've found that most store brands are not that thick and bulky. Also make sure you get the correct size. If you are close in size to the maximum waist size, best to get the next size up. After wearing a few diapers, then you will maybe want to analize things and decide what qualities you liked in the diaper you chose and what you didn't like and take things from there to try and narrow things down to a brand that has most of the things you are looking for. Good luck to you.

I finally gave into the urge that I have been having since gradeschool to try diapers. I had heard that the best ones are the ones with the tapes on the sides of them, as compared to the Pullup style Depends that I have right now. What brand do you all recommend, and how do you put the ones with the tapes on by yourself? Thanks.

I suggest Secure Plus or Secure X Plus.

Easiest way to put the diaper on yourself... Pull it up between your legs, get the front and back about even.

Lean against a wall to hold the back, get it straight left-right.

Tape the lower tapes first, then the middle tapes (if your diaper has 3 pair), and then the top tapes.

Enjoy!

I recommend before diapering, just stretch it gently along it's elastics, makes it easier to get a comfy fit. And be sure the leg ruffles are out, so the plastic isn't against your skin. If they're in, you'll probably leak like crazy.