LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Diapers As Child Abuse

i think it's pretty simple...and many of you have said it....

humiliation and diaper punishment that shames or is damaging to a child's emotional wellbeing or self esteem .......bad.....

coping with the alternative of waking up in a soaked bed by wearing a diaper to make life easier and more comfortable....when handled in a respectful manner.......good......

a lot probably depends on the child, the way it's handled by the parent....a very delicate subject for most i would assume....

i never had any incidents of my own really ..... i can remember a few wetting accidents when very very small........and one bed wetting incident that i don't think i even owned up to........ for me i believe being an ab/dl has more to do with being potty trained very early and the lack of nurturing by a parent figure....

but i've witnessed a number of shaming types of incidents that leave my ab/dl side wondering how it affected that person later in life...if at all.....

a younger cousin who was nicknamed "spot" because he always seemed to have a damp spot on the front of his pants.....

the 4 year old at the daycare i once worked at.....whose mother put him back in diapers even though he'd been potty trained for a couple of years....because he'd begun waiting too long and would end up with a similiar wet spot....

I used to babysit in my home for about 6 months for two young children from the same family.....a 4 year old (potty trained) and a toddler (working on potty training at approx. 13 mos).......mom would drop them off each morning.....sometimes when they came in in the morning the 14 year old stepson/half brother would be with them....Mom never failed to say some humiliating comment about his bedwetting with him standing right there......i always felt so sorry for him.........funny thing though.......he never responded.......other then a small hint of a smile.............

of course you can imagine that i stressed over this situation......and would often say kindly things to hopefully lessen his embarressment..........

but now after becoming familiar with the online ab/dl community and the variety of kinks and interests out there..... i can't help but wonder if he didn't put himself in that situation purpose....at 14 he was certainly old enough to wait in the car while stepmom brought the younger kids in........

these things certainly leave me to believe most of the stories you sometimes read....

I wish all of those stories were false for the sake of the children involved......

But alas they are probably true in some cases. :(

A friend of our family keeps her 5yr old daughter in diapers at night. :angry2:

She complains that her daughter is "Just to lazy to use the restroom like a big girl, So I treat her like a baby"

I have tryed to explain to her that there may be an underlying medical problem, But to date my comments have fallen on deaf ears.

When her daughter came to spend the weekend here, her mother made a production about her daughters use of diapers in a very humiliating way :badmood:

"This was done to teach her a lesson" was the quote I was givin when I asked, Why do you demean your child this way?

Does it have an adverse affect on children? The answer is a very loud YES in this case.

Megan is very quiet and shy around her mother, But when her mother is away, A very fun and youthful butterfly appears.

Is it my place to report her mother for abuse? I'm unsure of this because it is her child to raise and the state has no clear laws as to this form of punishment being wrong.

My job as I see it now is to try to educate her mother about the importance of seeing a doctor or 2 for her little girl

:fish_h4h:

I wish all of those stories were false for the sake of the children involved......

But alas they are probably true in some cases. :(

A friend of our family keeps her 5yr old daughter in diapers at night. :angry2:

She complains that her daughter is "Just to lazy to use the restroom like a big girl, So I treat her like a baby"

I have tryed to explain to her that there may be an underlying medical problem, But to date my comments have fallen on deaf ears.

When her daughter came to spend the weekend here, her mother made a production about her daughters use of diapers in a very humiliating way :badmood:

"This was done to teach her a lesson" was the quote I was givin when I asked, Why do you demean your child this way?

Does it have an adverse affect on children? The answer is a very loud YES in this case.

Megan is very quiet and shy around her mother, But when her mother is away, A very fun and youthful butterfly appears.

Is it my place to report her mother for abuse? I'm unsure of this because it is her child to raise and the state has no clear laws as to this form of punishment being wrong.

My job as I see it now is to try to educate her mother about the importance of seeing a doctor or 2 for her little girl

:fish_h4h:

This story makes me thankful for my parents' understanding. I had very low self esteem growing up, and this with supportive, loving parents! I was a bedwetter as late as 10 or 11, and I can't imagine what it would have done to me to be diapered and demeaned by my parents in such a cruel way.

I think it's important to make the distinction here between simply diapering a child, and using diapers as a form of abuse and humiliation. While diapering a child because you want to demean or punish them is, at least in my book, wrong, simply diapering a child is not.

I think using diapers (correctly) as has been pointed out above, is often a better option, and frankly, as a child, I wish I were given this option. I WAS forced to walk around in wet pants and messy pants, because my parents believed I was "too old" for diapers, yet at the same time failed to admit that I was not yet potty-trained. I was a late bloomer, no question. Yet, my parents failed to acknowledge this. I would have been saved much humiliation, in my humble opinion, had I been diapered, like my friend was. He pooped and peed in his diaper, and nobody cared (and for the record, other than that was a perfectly normal child). I peed or pooped in my pants, and was laughed at.

I also believe that, done properly, the diapering of a child (or, if necessary a teenager) can be one of the best ways to bond with your children and truly spend some quality time with them. Just my two cents.

I'm interested in knowing how and why you became a diaper lover.

I'm not surprised at what you have found because I do believe it to be true and I say this because of the people I have met along my adventures in the ABDL scene. I personally wasn't punished with diapers, nor was I a bedwetter, but I know my fiance was punished as a child by his father when he had an accident because of that he is a diaper lover today. I can't speak for everyone into the scene, but I think you will find many who were punished with diapers as a child and that is why they are into the scene today.

Do I think its a form of child abuse? in some ways yes and in some ways no. I guess I look at it as a punishment that isn't very wise but I also know parents do it without thinking into the future of how this will mess up their child. I think they look at it as a way to help their child from doing the unwanted behavior. I'm sure there are better ways to discipline a child without using a diaper, I personally wouldn't do that to my child, nor would I punish them for having an accident, but to each their own.

As ABs and DLs and Incont people.... do you really look back on your childhood in diapers as a punishment? How do you look back on your diaper wearing as a child? I'm sure you hated it then, but I'm sure most of us love it now

I don't remember diapers ever being used as punishment as a child..and I do remember rinsing out messy underwear in the toilet.

Wow -- what a bunch of hidden assumptions here ...

I strongly disagree with diaper punishment being an underlying cause of involvment in the AB/DL scene today....I think it is more like a trigger for something already present...the diapers themselves actually feel good, and that memory sticks around.

Then you talk about "messing up their child" with turning them on to being AB/DLs. I'm sorry, I don't see my situation as being "messed up" due to my peculiar relationship with diapers, any more than I see being gay or transsexual being "messed up". It's more that society is "messed up" about such things, being way too concerned that everyone fit into the standard sex role stereotypes.

I wasn't diaper punished, and in all of my talking to people about older kids in diapers I've only had perhaps two instances where I have heard any credible story about it in these modern days.

I however had a couple of formative incidents where I can see how bad it was. When I was in Kindergarten age the public schools had not yet started offering it so my parents signed me up in one at a local teachers college. For several weeks around Christmas the teacher was busy for a good part of the day arranging the Christmas pageant and left a six grader to watch us. She was a tyrant and would do things like lock us in dark closets for the least provocation (mostly because we couldn't pronounce her name). I believe that this lead me to a life of fantasies of "cruel and unusual" school punishments.

Two things did steer me to diapers. First I remember early when my sister was just out of diapers for some reason mom was out of panties for her and just put her back into diapers (I distinctly remember her going for the diapers where they were still kept for the younger sister). The whole concept mortified me, being forced back into diapers was the worst thing that could happen. Second was that Kindergarten we also had some incidents of toilets overflowing and it scared me about school bathrooms.

Later as a teen when dreaming up all sorts of punishment fantasies for school, leafing throught he health section of the Sears catalog yielded my old fear, diapers and that was prime fodder for future fantasies.