LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Why is bowel temp IC so much easier than urinary?

I think I know the answer, but wanted to get some thoughts. Couple of things- this is referencing temporary IC only (for a session, afternoon, or day) and my frank preference is on the urinary side although I've explored both.

Temporary IC is easy with the bowel due to the various products (enema / suppository) and even foods that can stimulate to the point of loss of control. Further, the sphincters are accessible so it's conceptually possible to mechanically create that state (speculum, digital stimulation etc) In short, true accidents can be created any time somebody wants to.

For urinary, it seems to be a different deal. First, I haven't found a product that can stimulate the urinary tract to the point the body gives up control. Pounding water, diuretics (natural or medicinal) all up the production of urine but I've yet to have it overwhelm to the point of clear accidents. Second, the mechanical approach doesn't seem possible without something a lot more invasive (cath, stent, etc) My experience with urinary IC have all been pretty much holding until miserable (and back of mind concern of kidneys) until I let go because it is so uncomfortable (unlike bowel, where my body just gives up and I do lose control)

I've heard / read so much, anything else short of cath/stent that can make it happen? Ideas include massaging certain areas, e-stim, meds of some kind? Anything else?

As mentioned, not looking permanent but the same true loss of control as straight forward as a disposable enema would be an amazing experience.

What are your thoughts and experiences?

Part of it, I expect, is that bowel control is very diferent. A bm is a solid mass, and the more it wants out, the more it presses against the opening, and starts to force it open, untell suddenly, its too late and its coming, reguardless of what you might want. Never mind the anus is not a water tight seal, so if your very wet, or loose, well, its going to come out quite easily, and once it starts to go, it makes the opening slick, thus, once again, it manages to slide right out. Its why the runs are such an issue, no matter how good you are at holding it. Never mind that you can train your rectum to more or less relax at a touch, thus costing you your ability to hold it, to some extent. Urinary incontanance is harder, in part, cause the spinkter can clench tight enough, to hold it to the extent that you can litteraly burst your own bladder. Not something you want to do, from what I have heard. Thats partly why it hurts when your holding it too long, its worning you that your getting close to causing yourself physical damage.

On the other hand, its easy enough to train yourself to just let it go, I know that if I am in a diaper, I have a lot of issues trying to not wet, and there have been a lot of times that I did not even realize I was wetting tell I heard it, or felt the wetness. Was really weird the first time it happened. On the other hand, over time it has become easyer and easyer to just not worry aboutr it and let things happen.

On 10/22/2022 at 11:02 AM, dlmolicares said:

I think I know the answer, but wanted to get some thoughts. Couple of things- this is referencing temporary IC only (for a session, afternoon, or day) and my frank preference is on the urinary side although I've explored both.

Temporary IC is easy with the bowel due to the various products (enema / suppository) and even foods that can stimulate to the point of loss of control. Further, the sphincters are accessible so it's conceptually possible to mechanically create that state (speculum, digital stimulation etc) In short, true accidents can be created any time somebody wants to.

For urinary, it seems to be a different deal. First, I haven't found a product that can stimulate the urinary tract to the point the body gives up control. Pounding water, diuretics (natural or medicinal) all up the production of urine but I've yet to have it overwhelm to the point of clear accidents. Second, the mechanical approach doesn't seem possible without something a lot more invasive (cath, stent, etc) My experience with urinary IC have all been pretty much holding until miserable (and back of mind concern of kidneys) until I let go because it is so uncomfortable (unlike bowel, where my body just gives up and I do lose control)

I've heard / read so much, anything else short of cath/stent that can make it happen? Ideas include massaging certain areas, e-stim, meds of some kind? Anything else?

As mentioned, not looking permanent but the same true loss of control as straight forward as a disposable enema would be an amazing experience.

What are your thoughts and experiences?

Any links on where you’ve read up on temporary fecal ic methods? I had never heard of these.