LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Do You Become Nappy/diaper Dependant ?

Reading through many of the threads it is possible that one might draw the conclusion that wearing a Nappy/Diaper over a very long period can shrink your Bladder and make it a real issue getting to the Bathroom in time amongst a few other problems that may arise. :unsure::blush::closedeyes:

I realise that it is a little different for those of us that are incontinent-I certainly am past worrying about what my Bladder wants to do ! :D and for this reason the question is mainly aimed at those who "choose to wear" although a lot of us incon's have also been down the same road in the past.

I would like to hear your thoughts.

i've been 24/7 (urinary only) since late March and I've only had one time where I wet my diapers at night without waking up. Other than that, I still have control and my bladder works as usual. No 'shrinking' of the badder at all.

when I'm away, I pee as soon as I get the urge. Its automatic now but that just means that I've trained myself to go at the moment I feel the urge. Sometimes it sort of catches me by suprise but I'm still making it happen.

I have been wearing diapers 24/7 for over four years and using hypnotic CDs for almost two years to make me bladder and bowel incontinent. It has finally worked. I now have no control over my bladder or bowels. I am not sure if it was the CDs or the continued use of diapers or both, but I think it is a little of both. It doesn't matter, I am where I want to be, diapered like a baby full time.

Now heres an intresting question and I am sure you will get a whole bunch of different answers.

I will tell you what happened to me after wearing diapers 24-7 for more than a year.

It all started way back when I was 18 and wanted to become diaper dependit, I went out and purchased a case of adult diapers and begun my retraining, I wore diapers 24-7 and only relived my bladder into the diaper, not once cheating because I might leak or because I knew my diaper could not hold another wetting. After a year I found that I was wetting my diapers more often but with less amounts of urin. After the second year I found myself wetting uncontroably during the day but still staying dry over night.

When I got the nerve up I decided to have myself checked out by my doctor to see about my incontience. Well after many different tests I was told that I had a hyper active bladder and the size of my bladder was quite small for an 21 year old. Oh there where suggestions of medical procedures that could be preformed to fix the problem, but I told my doctor I would just rather wear the diapers than go though the pain of surgery.

So my answer to your question is YES, wearing a diaper 24-7 can cause your bladder to shrink.

BUT you have to allow it to happen.

I agree with diapered1964; I went 24/7 about four years ago and have slowly developed incontinence as a result. It's not very 'severe' at present - sudden unpredictable urges, occasional dribbling without realising and I have no idea when I stop wetting after I start. If I'm very relaxed I tend to pee several times an hour. None of this bothers me - I went 24/7 because I love being in diapers, so having to wear them is no problem.

As well as becoming physically dependent, I think you also become psychologically dependent as well. I'd hate to be out of diapers now because I find them so reassuring to wear - I suspect I'd be very nervous if somehow they were taken away because I'd be scared of having an accident. Being diapered gives me confidence and releases me from having to worry about what my bladder is up to - in short it's liberating!