LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Wingsiut flying

Firefly 35

Has anyone here ever done this before?  It sounds like it would be really cool for those with a fursona that can fly.  Only thing I don't understand is why the need for 200 free fall skydives before being allowed to use a wingsuit.  If you have a regular parachute equipped anyway, and would normally deploy it for landing, you should be fine.  Anyhow, I thought this would be something of intetest to folks here.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wingsuit_flying

• Confused 1

I haven't done it but it is most definitely on my list. The reason for the free fall dives is more about body control and not freezing up than it is about chute deployment. When you're parachuting you have an automated rip cord process whereas in skydiving you don't. There's also knowing what to do if you enter a spiral, spin or other problematic control configuration.

In my opinion 200 jumps would be the bare minimum.  I have no wingsuit experience, but  have almost 400 skydive jumps, night time, water landing etc. and have a P3 Paraglider rating.  Skydiving you have the entire sky to play with, a wingsuit you are close to terrain (sometimes to close), unless you are exiting a plane.  With a paraglider you may be in ridge lift and flying close to cliffs, but your speed is 20-30 mph.  You have seen the videos, check out a few where things went wrong.

Wingsuits are great if you have a need for speed, but in my book circling up to 12,000 ft in my paraglider and flying for hours is the greatest feeling.  I’ve even cored a thermal with hawks, also vultures (that seems just wrong).  It’s a real thrill to be in the air with a hawk on the same level maybe 50 ft away.

I guess you can tell I really love paragliding. A furry flying a paraglider that is something I'd really love to see.

Quote from Wikipedia - the understatement of all times for wingsuit pilots                               

“During the flight, hazards exist such as trees, rocks and the ground which must be avoided.” 

19 hours ago, Snugglebear_69 said:

There's also knowing what to do if you enter a spiral, spin or other problematic control configuration.

In that case you could just pull the parachute early.

4 hours ago, SWet said:

A furry flying a paraglider that is something I'd really love to see.

That would be cool.

3 hours ago, Firefly 35 said:

In that case you could just pull the parachute early.

That would be cool.

If you pull the chute while in an uncontrolled spin or rotation it doesn't straighten you out. It risks your lines getting tangled which if it wraps results in you hitting the ground and dying, so no, you can't just pull the chute early in the case.

I have a school friend, whose grandson used to "wing-suit", posthumously .

It has caused him much grief.