LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

What is Wrong with Protex?!

As the owner of RUBBER PANTIES'R'US, I try to keep it up to date. One section I have is REVIEWS. Part of that section is a link to the page where you can purchase the item put there for your conveinence

It seems that Protex is about as stable as Charles Manson. They have already renamed two Items and changed the purchase pages. They renamed Kradle II to Flexible and now I Can't Believe It's Not Gerber II to Brooks after the founcer of Protex, unless they keep them under tieir original names in the "Big Baby" section. The best I can do is just put a link to the generic "plastic pants" page and let the users fend for themselves. At least until Prtex has solved their identity crisis and has gotten a life

During the Golden Age of rubber panties, from about 1935 to about 1980, they were called "rubber pant*ie)s [by regular people, and still are]", "plastic pants", "baby pan(ies)" or "baby bloomers". So What is with "diaper covers" for the last 7 years or so? Do you think that the bulk of the users of thise things  recognize that ther immediately? So just WHOM are you talking to? Your primary users of that are over TWO GENERATIONS out. That' is like calling a red rubber ball "elastisoid sphere reflectiong light at 6800 Angstoms"

Why all this revisionist history?

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Apache Raccoon said:

I don't see what the big deal is, as long as you can still get the same shit who cares what the name is?

Hi my Little Ashy! I LOVE you!!! Big hugs!!!!????♥️? I wanna jump on you and give you LOTS of Snuggles and Cuddles!!!!!???????☺️????♥️?????

• Like 2
15 minutes ago, Apache Raccoon said:

Yay *hugs back*

♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️??☺️???♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️????????

17 hours ago, Apache Raccoon said:

I don't see what the big deal is, as long as you can still get the same shit who cares what the name is?

The same difference as between "diaper" and "nappie", "flashlight" and "hand torch" or "pinafore dress" and "jumper". Besides, why change things from what was perfectly fine for 4-1/2 generations DURING THE GOLDEN AGE? That just REEKS of a hidden agenda, which is probably alien to the overwhelming majority of the users of that product. How about if I called you "Native American mammal"? Language is a tool of  thought and identification. If you saw a package labelled "pao de milho", would you immediately eat the contents? a "cover" can be anything; "pant(ie)s" is clearly identified as clothes

playroom.html

3 hours ago, Little BabyDoll Christine said:

The same difference as between "diaper" and "nappie", "flashlight" and "hand torch" or "pinafore dress" and "jumper".

Us Limey's and you Yanks do have a few different names for thing's: you also call the bonnet a hood and you name the wings on a car the fenders, but they have no relation to electric guitars at all lol

You do have a point about the whole rubber pants thing though, nothing wrong with the old name: if it ain't broke don't fix it.

• Like 2

To me a diaper cover is a decorative panty that most often matches a dress and surprisingly covers a diaper if a baby exposes themselves. A few are made to match shirts and are worn like shorts. Lastly the bottom of Linda Carter's Wonder Woman costume. ?

9 hours ago, Apache Raccoon said:

Us Limey's and you Yanks do have a few different names for thing's: you also call the bonnet a hood and you name the wings on a car the fenders, but they have no relation to electric guitars at all lol

You do have a point about the whole rubber pants thing though, nothing wrong with the old name: if it ain't broke don't fix it.

We also call a lorry a "truck" and the boot is the "trunk". And the Doctor? Who knows

It is "two nations separated by a common language"

• Like 2

Back to the topic at hand. "Big baby" does not sell any panties that cannot be bought at the main site and ONONE of the rubber panties are on the Big Baby section. And no rubber sheet. Even Mountain View ("plastic-pants.com") is trying to make a deal to get rubber

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

Thay said that the raname was to honor the founder of the company

Protex has been using abusing the Gerber name for quite a long time.  A company does not change the name of one it's product's just for the heck of it.  And the company certainly would not admit to the wrong use of a brand name.  They just change the name and move on.

• Like 1

Claims require proof, proof requires evidence or it becomes the old "when did you stop beating your wife?" canard. I have had no experience with Gerber save for a few pair of rubber panties I got for my dills I got them because they were there and made of smooth material, about 16 years ago. Prior to that, all the Gerber panties I saw were ade of grainy materials so I just avoided them so the Gerber name had no value to me. The current crop of Protex panties were "I Can't Believe it's not GerberII" and I do recall a "I Can't Believe it's not Gerber" from a few years back They claim to be some kind of decendant of VIP, of which I have no knowledge. I discuss them in RUBBER PANTIES'R'US saying "I can. These are made of smooth material". I do not understand Gerber/VIP would be worth trying to cash in on. I presume it is the shape of the panties rather than the material. At any rate, I would think that if Gerber took offense, it would have done something years ago. I do not even know if Gerber still makes rubber panties for babies any more. The ones I got for the dolls were unremarkable and no different in shape or material from the old EMpire or other baby panties

What I am miffed about is this. In my product reviews in RUBBER PANTIES'R'US, I provide a link to the purchase pange of the product under review. If a company changes quite a bit. that link becomes unstable and also I have to change the name of the product and maybe some of the descriptive material on the relevant pagnes

@Little BabyDoll Christine

Gerber® is trademarked by Nestle. So unless Protex was paying for the use of the name, or if the contract ran out, Nestle may have forced Protex to change the name. Just like you couldn't open a restaurant and sell a sandwich called "I Can't Believe It's Not A Whopper." Or ...Big Mac.