LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Cause Of Death: Embarrassment (Completed 11/4/22)

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/10/2022 at 8:34 AM, WBDaddy said:

Because God allowed much worse to happen. ;)

8ae.gif

On 9/10/2022 at 11:37 AM, Anton said:

Great new chapter!

Thanks! Glad you're enjoying it! :)

On 9/12/2022 at 6:12 AM, Flyingsquirrel said:

Definitely feeling that kaiju fight coming. Awesome chapter! Wonderful way to bring the events of Ella and Mira's past into the light so to speak. 

I won't spoil anything, but you're gonna wanna read the next part for sure *excited author noises*

Chapter Seven

Mira’s Performance Review”

When the brightness cleared my vision I was standing in a board room with a long Mahogany table, very comfortable looking office chairs lining it on each side with one at each end. She was seated in the chair closest to the end I stood at and gestured to the chair to her left.

“Have a seat, Ella.” she said, “I’ll warn you, this probably won’t be pleasant for you to be a part of.” she explained.

I nodded softly, “Yes, Ma’am.” I said.

She turned her head and smiled at me, “Can I get you anything before we start?” she asked.

I shook my head, “No, Ma’am.” I told her, chewing my bottom lip nervously.

She nodded and closed her eyes briefly, a whooshing sound tore through the silence, and suddenly, Mira was seated at the opposite end of the table.

“Hello, Mira.” She said, “I’d like to welcome you to your performance review.” She added.

Mira looked disoriented, and then saw me and looked equal parts angry and confused, “Ella?” she asked.

She cleared her throat, “Ms. Smith is here as an observer only,” She explained, “please refrain from addressing her directly.” She added.

Mira stared at me, her eyes narrowing before she turned her attention to Her, “And you are?” she asked.

She smiled warmly, leaning back in her chair and tenting her fingers, “I am, for lack of a better word, your boss, Mira.” She said.

Mira looked unsure, wheels turning in her mind.

“I’d appreciate it if you properly joined us instead of hiding behind your puppet.” She said, the volume of her voice increasing slightly as though the person she was addressing was outside the room.

From behind Mira, a shape appeared, rising from a sort of crouching position behind her, as though He’d always been there despite not being visible until he stood up. He wore a suit that seemed to swallow the light in its inky blackness, his beard was gray and trimmed to be quite professional looking as was his silver hair, the short cut of it making him look like a man in his early thirties that had either prematurely grayed or had dyed his hair and beard to be that way. He smiled at Her, his teeth showing in a way that unsettled me but did nothing to shake Her calm demeanor.

“How long have you known?” He asked Her.

She smiled a smile of her own, “Do you honestly believe there’s a point where I don’t know?” she asked.

He nodded as he turned to Mira who was now wholly confused and looking from Him to Her as though everything was brand new to her and she was completely in the dark.

“Have a seat so we can begin.” She told Him.

He shook his head, “I think I’ll stand.” He responded, His voice dripping with confidence and an accent that was vaguely European but in a way that made it seem like they’d all been smashed together. It was an accent that shouldn’t have worked on any level, but I found myself feeling drawn to listening to it.

She sat forward and opened Her mouth but stopped when He suddenly raised His hand, His index finger extended upward.

“Actually,” He said, “I’ve just thought about it, and I do want to sit, but I don’t want you to think I’m sitting because you wanted me to.” He explained, walking to the bench against the wall and sitting down, crossing one leg over the other before reaching into his jacket pocket and producing a pack of cigarettes and a lighter, “You don’t mind, do you?” He asked, lighting the cigarette before She could answer.

She folded her hands on the table, “So, what was your plan this time?” She asked, “Another coup to steal the throne?” she added.

He chuckled, a plume of smoke billowing from His mouth, “A classic, to be sure,” He noted, “but no, not this time.” He said.

“What is happening?!” Mira asked the pair of them, looking from one to the other in confusion.

He smirked and looked at Her, “Really gonna make the little ones watch while mommy and daddy argue?” He asked Her.

She shrugged, “You brought her into this.” She said simply.

He sighed and stood, “A mercy for you, sweet girl.” He said as he walked up to Mira and touched her forehead with the tip of his index finger.

Mira immediately slumped forward in her chair as though she’d fainted and I shot up and opened my mouth to yell at him only to find my voice missing as She raised her hand slightly, giving me a calming glance.

“Wake her up.” She coolly commanded Him.

He shrugged and repeated the process of touching Mira’s forehead, bringing her back to consciousness once more.

Mira,” She said, “Ella has been allowed to sit in on this meeting, but she won’t be allowed to speak,” She explained, “you, however, have quite a lot to explain, young lady.” She said, the maternal tone she took sending a pleasurable tingle up my spine.

Mira looked uncomfortable as she measured Her from across the table with her eyes, “I don’t have anything to explain.” she finally said.

She nodded, “No explanation for why you thought it was acceptable to forge documents to frame your sister for things she hadn’t done?” She asked.

Another whooshing sound tore through the room and Lucy was suddenly seated in the chair to my left, still dressed like a baby, her pacifier softly bobbing in her mouth for a moment until looked around and let it fall, the tether connected to it letting it dangle from the clip on the breast of her onesie.

No explanation for why you’ve forced a member of another department into the role of your baby?” She asked, smiling warmly at Lucy to greet the little girl.

He held up His hand, “Probably best I field these questions, yeah?” He said.

She nodded her agreement.

He walked over to me and Lucy, His hands resting on the backs of our chairs, “Two peas in a pod, you girls are.” He mused, “What are the odds that a girl with no desire to grow up meets and becomes best friends and playmates with one that can’t?” He asked, leaning forward to look first at me and then at Lucy.

Lucy shuddered when he looked at her and grabbed for her pacifier without taking her eyes off of him, the nipple sliding into her mouth once she found it and brought it to her lips.

You,” He said, patting the back of my chair, “needed to be encouraged to be yourself.” He said, standing upright and walking back down to where He’d come from, “A nudge to foster that craving you have.” He said, his smile broad and unsettling, “Enter little Lucy, a poor dead baby that hates that she’ll never truly be a grownup.” He added.

She narrowed Her gaze, “Get to the point.” She warned Him as she looked at Lucy and I’s clear discomfort.

He rolled his eyes, “I played matchmaker and paired ‘em up.” He said, “This one needed a reason to target her sister,” He said, pointing His thumb over his shoulder at Mira, “and what better reason than the one she hated in life?” He asked.

Mira shook her head, “I never hated Ella.” she protested.

Didn’t you?” He asked. “I seem to recall you telling me all about how pathetic Ella was and how much you hated having to be saddled with her.” He explained.

Mira shook her head, “You manipulated me!” she shouted, “You lied to me and told me you were God!” she added.

She raised an eyebrow at Him.

He shrugged and made a face like He’d been caught with His hand in the cookie jar and then laughed as He turned to Mira, “Honestly, would God do the things to you that you begged me to do?” He asked.

Mira squirmed in her seat, looking down at her hands in her lap, “I was raised to believe God loved me and I thought-” she started to explain before his laughter cut her off.

Move over, Ella, we’ve got a new contender for Most Pathetic here!” He maliciously teased, “Ask Her yourself,” He said, gesturing to Her, “would you fuck this woman six ways from Sunday and have her do and say disgusting things for your love?” He asked Her.

She looked pityingly at Mira, “I would never.” She said.

Mira looked across the table at me, “I’m sorry, Ella.” she said quietly.

He blew a raspberry, “Sorry?” He sneered, “You let me have you, body, mind, and soul, never once arguing with anything I said or did.” He told her, “When we dumped that simpering dolt on the church steps you were glad to be rid of her!” He pointed out.

Mira shook her head, “You made me do it!” she shouted.

He nodded, “But I didn’t make you grateful.” He said, “I controlled your actions, made you think your ideas were your own, but I never made you feel anything you didn’t want to.” He explained.

Mira looked at Her for help.

He’s telling the truth.” She said, “He can manipulate and control people to some degree, but he can’t control their true feelings.” She explained.

Mira’s head dropped in defeat, “God, Ella,” she said softly, “I’m so sorry.” she said once more, her voice heavy with sorrow.

He shook his head and looked at Her, “She’s quite the actress, isn’t she?” He asked.

A large television appeared on the wall across from me as a remote appeared in his hand. At the press of a button, the screen sprung to life, the image of Mira sitting in the wagon the night she’d dropped me off at the church on it.

You’re better off without her and you know it.” His voiced said from within Mira’s mind, somehow audible to us.

She dully nodded.

Bundled beside her and sleeping quietly lay my younger self, a pang of sadness stabbing at my heart at the sight.

Will they look after her?” Mira asked Him.

A dry, raspy chuckle croaked from within her mind, “Do you care?” He asked.

She looked over at me and wrinkled her nose at the smell coming from me, “No.” she said almost immediately.

She’s responsible for every awful thing that’s happened to you.” He told her, “Your parents abandoning you, your life being consumed by unwanted motherhood for a squalling, infant minded little wretch.” He hissed, “Justice would be slitting her throat in her sleep.” He mused.

She turned to look at me again, her hand lowering to the handle of the knife sticking out of the top of her boot before she let go of it, “She lives, but I never want to see her again.” she said, shaking the dark thoughts of murder from her mind.

The image changed to Mira in her office, Him seated in her chair and her on her knees, head bobbing rhythmically as she satisfied Him, her usually well coiffed hair a snarled mess gripped in His fist as He guided her head up and down on Him.

She’s become a problem again.” He told her.

Mira agreed with an affirmative grunt as wet slurping sounds filled the room.

No church to dump her at this time.” He mused, “But, we could, no!” He said, acting like he’d come up with an idea that was too much to even speak.

She raised her head, His hardness slipping out of her mouth, drool coating her chin as she looked up at Him with eyes like a loyal dog eager to please its master, “I’ll do anything for you.” she breathlessly told Him before hurrying back to her task.

He smiled, “Sign the forms on your desk and she’ll be reborn in the body of a child with a very short life expectancy.” He explained. “When the child, sadly, passes away, little Ella’s soul will fade into nothingness forever.” He told her.

The scene shifted to a naked Mira signing the previously mentioned papers as she chewed her bottom lip and peered behind her at His hardness pressing against the cheeks of her backside, “I’ve signed them, Master,” she said softly, “please reward me for being a good girl and doing as you command.” she lustily pleaded, whimpering softly as he entered her.

He looked over at Lucy and I, “Ooh, this probably isn’t appropriate for the little one’s, huh?” He asked Her.

Mira had buried her face in her hands long ago, rocking back and forth softly as she tried to block everything she was hearing out.

I’ve seen enough.” She said, waving the TV away with a gesture. “Mira, do you have anything to say for yourself?” She asked.

Mira let her hands fall as she slowly rose and walked around the table and down to me, her heels slipping off as she walked, stopping beside me as she turned my chair to face her before dropping to her knees as she reached out and took my hands in hers, “Ella, I can never undo the things I’ve done to you, the hurt I’ve caused you, but please know that I am truly sorry and I do love you.” she said sadly.

She lifted her head and turned around to Lucy, turning her chair before taking her hands in hers, “Lucy, you’re a very sweet girl and Ella adores you and He made me see you as a way of hurting my sister, so I’m sorry that I used you and hurt you and belittled you.” she said.

He pulled a handkerchief from his breast pocket and walked over to drop it to the floor beside Mira, “Boohoo.” He mocked, “Get on with it, judge.” He said, taking His seat on the bench.

She sighed, “Mira, stand up.” She commanded.

Mira obeyed, looking from Lucy to me and then to Her.

Mira, you were a pawn in His game,” She began, looking sympathetically at Mira, “but, you willingly entered into a pact with Him and at no point did you question His motives or intentions.” She explained.

Mira nodded softly, “Yes, Ma’am.” she admitted.

At best, you’re terrible at your job and wholly incompetent,” She continued, “the childish rivalry you’ve held toward your sister is alarming to say the least for someone that presents herself as mature and responsible.” She explained.

Mira shuddered and hung her head lower, “Yes, Ma’am.” she agreed.

At worst,” She continued, “You knowingly allowed Him to destabilize the integrity of this organization for personal gratification and status and are therefore a significant threat to the entirety of the afterlife and the sanctity of what we hold dear in our processes.” She said. “So, which is it?” She asked.

Mira looked up slowly, her eyes intentionally avoiding Hers, “I’m terrible at my job, Ma’am.” she admitted, “I’m a stupid child that let her jealousy of her sister carry on from life into death, foolishly believed He was someone He wasn’t and gave myself to him freely because I wanted-” she looked at me once more, “I wanted someone to love me and be proud of me in a way that no one could be because Ella was the baby and got all the attention.” she said softly.

Bull. Shit.” He said, making us all turn to him. “Your father played plenty of attention to that sweet little kitty of yours, didn’t he?” He asked her.

Mira chewed her bottom lip, “He did, but we’d been drinking and-” she started to explain before he cut her off.

“She’s telling you what you want to hear.” He told Her, “She’s angling for mercy from the Queen of Mercy.” He sneered, “Give her the biblical shit, the brimstone and all that.” He said.

She sighed, “Mira, you’re employment at D.E.A.T.H. is hereby terminated as of this moment.” She said.

There was a shift in Mira, her spirit weakened immediately and she reached out to hold the back of my chair for stability and fell forward to hold onto the table when that failed.

Furthermore, your behavior, attitude, and overall personality are extremely concerning to me and I feel that the best course of action is to cast you into Limbo to keep you from doing any further harm to anyone or benefiting from an eternity with Him.” She explained.

No!” I cried out, shooting up from my seat and clutching to Mira. “Fire her, but don’t torture her!” I pleaded.

She narrowed Her gaze at me, “Your place is not to question my judgment, Ella.” She reminded me.

Yeah, she does hate that.” He piped in.

I shook my head, “I don’t care, you can’t banish her to Limbo!” I shouted.

She slammed Her hands on the table and rose, the room darkening, “Do not tell me what I can and can’t do, child!” She bellowed, the entire room rattling and shuddering in fear of her imposing voice and presence.

God is merciful and loving!” I yelled back, “Mira never would’ve ended up here if you’d been paying attention to what He was doing this whole time!” I added.

The room was silent until his slow clapping made me jump.

She said what we’re all thinking.” He said. “Why would an omniscient being allow a humble demon like myself,” He said, stuffing His hands into his pockets as He walked toward us, “to manipulate someone with enough power within D.E.A.T.H. to do literally anything let alone something that could bring down the whole organization?” He asked.

I looked at Him and then at Her, “God is all knowing,” I said, “so, where the fuck were you when all of this was happening?” I asked her.

She sat back down slowly, “I guess you were right.” She told Him, turning to look at Him.

I looked at Him and then back at Her, “You knew what He was doing?!” I asked in astonishment.

She shrugged, “All knowing.” She said. “Do you have any idea how boring eternity is?” She asked, “He and I make wagers every now and then to spice things up.” She explained as she rose and sauntered over to him, running Her fingers through His beard before kissing Him deeply.

But, He’s the Devil!” I shouted.

She giggled and nodded, “In the streets and the sheets.” She said.

Mira slumped against me weakly, her weight sending me back down into my chair as she crumpled beside me, head in my lap.

Aww, poor little Mira.” She mocked, laughing with Him as She turned to face us, His arms around Her midsection as He kissed her neck.

Help her!” I shouted as I leaned forward and hugged my sister.

She rolled her eyes, “I’m not ready for the game to be over yet.” She said, raising Her hand as she brought her thumb and middle finger together, “Have a timeout while Mommy and Daddy talk about how we’re going to celebrate after we win.” She said before she snapped her fingers and everything went white.

To Be Continued...

• Like 4
  • TheUnknownAuthor changed the title to Cause Of Death: Embarrassment (Chapter Seven Posted 9/21/22)
15 hours ago, kerry said:

Whoa! I did not expect that!

Same, but when you think about it, the afterlife in this story is like an office and we've all dipped our pen in the company ink at some point...or just me, and the Devil DOES have a beard and a suit, so, it's not like God WOULDN'T want to snu snu...or this is a wildly inappropriate take. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

11 hours ago, Flyingsquirrel said:

Holy crap! I really like how you handled their not having names with the Her and Him situation. 

But holy crap! What a fun chapter to wake up to. 

Oh, just you wait, squirrel friend, things are about to get "bussin" as the kids are known to say.

Also, thank you, the "Him"/"Her" thing was a colossal pain in the ass to remember to do and I forgot at least a dozen times and had to go back and fix it when I didn't do it, so there's probably a super secret lowercase version of one or both peppered in here and there because I'm a very lazy man. :)

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/22/2022 at 10:15 AM, Guilend said:

I definitely didn’t see that coming. I’m definitely interested in seeing what happens now

Thanks for reading and letting me know you're enjoying the story! :)

Chapter Eight

Ella VS God

Where I’d been disappeared in an ear splitting tearing sound as the world was literally ripped away, leaving me back in the boardroom, as I blinked the brightness away to see Lucy and Mira seated on either side of me at the end of the table where She’d been sitting.

“All back from your vacations?” She asked.

We remained silent, and I scowled at her, I assumed that Lucy and Mira had experienced something similar to myself based on them looking like they’d just been kicked repeatedly in the stomach, “Why would you do that to us?” I asked, swallowing my rage down.

She shrugged from the other end of the table, legs out in front of Her as He, on all fours beneath most of the table, satisfied Her, “Everyone was so sour and serious,” She said, Her hand resting on the top of his Head, “Besides, this forked tongue business isn’t something you little girls should see.” She said with a shudder of pleasure as She gently pushed Him back and composed Herself while He wiped His mouth and rose to His feet.

“It was cruel.” Mira said quietly.

She made an exaggerated pout, “Honestly, you’re the biggest bunch of babies!” She exclaimed, “No wonder you two are the way you are!” She added with an exasperated sigh.

Lucy had reached below the table to hold my hand, and I gently took it and squeezed it, “Look, whatever you’re going to do with us, can you just get on with it?!” I snapped.

She smiled, “Right to the point, that’s exactly what I need.” She said. Her hands clapping together suddenly made us all jump in our seats, “Here’s the deal, kiddo’s.” She said, looking down the table at Mira, “In light of your sister’s unwavering love and desire to keep you out of Hell, I’m willing to make a deal with you, Mira.” she explained, drawing each word out to an agonizing degree.

Mira remained silent, but looked down when I took her hand and smiled weakly at me as she gave mine a gentle squeeze in return.

“Since you’re no longer my employee,” She began, “there’s nothing stopping me from letting Him take you away right now for an eternity of,” She looked Him up and down slowly, “delicious” She said, biting her bottom lip seductively before turning back to us, “torture.” She finished with a fake smile, “However, if you agree to my terms, you’ll be welcomed back to the D.E.A.T.H. family with open arms, all sins forgiven.” She explained.

Mira looked to me for guidance, something she’d never done before.

“What are the terms?” I asked for her.

She smiled, “Entry level case worker, no access or power of her own and a senior case worker will sit in on every case and assess her ability to be moved up to full case worker.” She explained, “I ultimately will have final say on if and when she’s granted that promotion.” She added smugly.

“No games or tricks?” I asked, “She actually has a chance of moving out of that role and not randomly being demoted or fired because her shoes weren’t tied right or something?” I added.

She shook Her head, “A real opportunity to show that she can handle an actual job with actual responsibilities.” She said.

I squeezed Mira’s hand and nodded to her when she looked at me.

“I accept.” Mira said after giving me a nod in return.

Mira’s spirit regained its strength a moment later and she looked stronger and more alert.

She gave a little golf clap, “Ella.” She said, “You have a choice, remain a case worker and accept the role of Mira’s babysitter, agreeing to share her fate if she fails.” She explained, holding out one flat palm to the ceiling, “Or, enter into an apprenticeship with me to learn how to be God and when I retire, you become the big boss lady.” She said holding her other hand out in the same way.

I scoffed, “You can just retire from being creator of the universe and ruler of Heaven?” I asked.

She chuckled, “Sweetie, there’s never been a giant man with a beard that made everything.” She said, “The universe was created by science and a whole lot of random chance.” She explained. “Once people started existing and dying, they didn’t really know what to do, so they started lives as energy based beings in this realm, and once the dead started to be smarter than just cave dwellers afraid of the Sun, they formed this company.” She explained.

“Then where did Heaven and Hell come from?” I asked.

“Rival corporations.” She said simply. “Hell was formed for those that couldn’t accept that they deserved something good for eternity, so they made a place where they’d be punished forever and ever and punish those they deemed to be equally deserving, it’s pretty fucked up actually.” She explained. “Heaven, on the other hand, was created by those that felt they deserved an eternal vacation and both companies met and agreed on entry requirements that D.E.A.T.H. would keep track of and allocate the dead in adherence to those requirements.” She explained. “I am the,” She paused, counting on Her fingers, “three billion four hundred million eight hundred and seventy six thousand and fourth God to “rule” Heaven.” She said, making air quotes for the word ‘rule’.

“Say I believe all of that,” I said as I tried to wrap my head around everything I thought I knew being a lie, “Why do you think I’d make a good God?” I asked.

She tented Her hands on the tabletop, “You’re a good person, Ella, far kinder and forgiving than me.” She said. “There have been some great Gods over the years, but you,” She smiled genuinely, “you might actually be the best one.” She said.

Both girls squeezed my hands beneath the table in agreement.

“What does God do?” I asked.

She shrugged, “Whatever you want.” She said. “As God, you have supreme power over everyone in Heaven and, with board approval, can affect Earth as well.” She explained. “This is the part where I’m supposed to give you the ‘heavy is the head that wears the crown’ speech,” She said, making a gesture with Her hand that simulated holding a penis and tugging on it, “But that’s all boiler plate bullshit,” She said, “At the end of the day, you can come and go as you please and have your underlings run the day to day.” She explained. “Hell, I haven’t even been in my office since, God, the plague?!” She said with a giggle as She looked at Him, “I’ve been a little preoccupied.” She added.

I looked at Mira and Lucy, “If I agree can I still see them?” I asked.

She reluctantly turned her attention from Him, “Oh! Yeah, no, that’s actually the only real rule, no fraternization with anyone you have a preexisting relationship with from life or any position in D.E.A.T.H.” She said. “Wouldn’t want someone Me Tooing you or whatever humans worry about at work.” She said dismissively.

“How long do I have to decide?” I asked.

She looked up at the clock behind Him, “Until I’m done with Lucy’s offer.” She said, turning away from Him to face us once more, “Lucy, in the event that Ella isn’t a complete moron and accepts my very generous offer, I’d like you to take Mira’s old job and oversee the case workers she was in charge of.” She explained.

Lucy shifted in her seat, the diaper she was still for some reason wearing crinkling softly, “What if she doesn’t accept?” she asked timidly.

She sighed, “I don’t know, what do you want, sweetie?” She asked sweetly.

Lucy squeezed my hand tightly, “If she doesn’t accept, I want to go back to being a reaper, the way things were so I can be with Ella again.” she said.

She clasped Her hands together and held up in front of Her face, “That is just the most precious thing I’ve ever heard.” She cooed. “So, Ella, what’s it gonna be?” She asked after a moment.

“You said you needed board approval for matters concerning Earth, but not for these deals?” I asked.

Her lips curled into a smile, “These deals aren’t technically happening right now.” She said, “You’ll move where you need to and no one will question anything because I put the stamp on the moves.” She explained.

I nodded, “So, the time to decide isn’t as concrete as you made it?” I asked.

Her smile faded, “As a rule, no, but I will say that if you bore me by making me wait for an answer, the deal can change.” She explained.

“Can, but won’t.” I said, standing up from my chair, “Lucy and I haven’t done anything wrong, and,” I started walking from my chair down the table toward Her, “by your own admission, I’m the best case worker around, so technically there’s nothing you can do to either of us, right?” I asked.

She took a deep breath, “Technically? No.” She grumbled. “But, this is-” She started to say.

I raised my finger to my lips and shushed her, noting her visible shock as I approached, “You may be a supreme being and ruler of Heaven and the devil’s whore, but you aren’t in charge here, are you?” I asked.

She glared at me, “I’m in charge everywhere, Ella.” She hissed.

I shook my head, “This place isn’t real, it’s not a boardroom in D.E.A.T.H. or Heaven, is it?” I asked rhetorically, “You lost your little game and you decided to bully three little girls into covering up the fact that you fucked up, right?” I asked, again, rhetorically as I neared Her.

“I’m warning you, Ella.” She sneered.

“No!” I snapped, “I’m warning you!” I shouted as I thrust a finger into Her chest, “Mira’s already made her deal, and I accept the role of her mentor because she’s my sister and I love her, but we’re done here.” I told Her. “Lucy goes back to being a reaper, I go back to being a caseworker, and Mira is my trainee.” I explained, “There’s no strings attached to any of us and you never darken our doorstep again, either of you.” I said, looking to Him.

She sat back in Her chair, “Of all of you, I never thought you’d be the one to pull on your big girl pants and fight back.” She mused. “How did you know none of this was legit?” She asked.

I pointed down the table at Lucy, “She’s still dressed like a baby.” I said, “If we were at D.E.A.T.H., she’d have changed her clothes, but you can’t, can you, Lucy?” I asked.

Lucy shook her head softly as she looked at me with quiet adoration.

“Heaven was out too because Lucy never wanted to be a baby and never presented herself as one, so why would she remain one in Heaven?” I asked.

She nodded and smiled, “Congratulations, Ella, you’re the sharpest knife in the drawer.” She said. “I assume you’ll agree to never speaking of this to anyone ever if I agree to your terms.” She said.

It was my turn to smile, “Oh, I still have terms you’ll want to hear.” I said, “I’d get a pen and paper if I were you.” I told her smugly.

“Nervous?” I asked Mira.

She nodded, “It’s silly, but this is the first real job I’ve ever had.” she confessed.

I picked up the hairbrush and began brushing her raven hair for her as she sat on the little bench in front of the vanity in her room.

The negotiations between me and God went on for some time, but we finally reached an agreement and both got everything we wanted. All the major points were readily agreed to, our jobs and no sword hanging above our heads, but once I opened things up to allow Mira and Lucy to make demands was when things became more intricate.

“I remember my first case,” I said as I set the brush down and began gathering her hair up to make a loose ponytail for her, “It’s not as scary in the moment as it is with time to focus on it.” I told her, “Just remember that they’re just talking and you’re just listening and asking questions where you need to so you can send them where they need to go.” I reminded her as I finished securing her hair and stepped back to look at her in the mirror, smiling at her as she smiled back at me.

God had to do a lot of extra work to make us happy, and nothing was more sweet than watching Her devolve from the strong, imposing woman She’d been during Mira’s performance review to a whiny, grumpy, little girl as our demands kept coming and He got bored and left Her.

The main sticking point for Her, because of the extra effort She’d had to make, was to create a space for us that fell outside the jurisdiction of Earth and Heaven and Hell and D.E.A.T.H., a space where we remained ageless but also afforded us the mortal comforts we’d gone without for so long. In our own little world, we had a house that we all designed together.

“I’m proud of you.” I said, putting my arms around Mira’s shoulders and hugging her tightly.

She blushed softly, “Thank you.” she said as she smiled at me in the mirror and kissed my arm.

As I let her go, she rose from the bench and smoothed out her skirt as she double checked her makeup, “How do I look?” she asked, turning to face me.

I looked her up and down, “Like someone that’s going to do a great job.” I told her.

She nodded decisively, “I am going to do a good job.” she agreed.

We went back and forth about how things would work in the space, but we eventually came to an agreement once God agreed to Lucy’s one major caveat.

“Girls!” Lucy called from downstairs, “Breakfast is almost ready!” she added.

As we descended the stairs, the smell of pancakes filled our nostrils, and Lucy’s humming could be heard as we rounded the corner from the hallway to the kitchen. No longer the perpetual toddler, Lucy was a woman in her thirties, allowed to grow up as part of her deal with God.

“Well, don’t you look nice today.” Lucy said warmly to Mira as we entered the kitchen.

Mira went up to Lucy and hugged her around the waist, “Thank you, Mommy.” she said politely as she let go and took her seat at the table.

I scurried over to her next and threw my arms around her, hugging her tightly and kissing her lips softly as I stood on my tiptoes to match her new height.

“Why do you wear those high heels all the time?” I asked, pretending to pout as our kiss ended.

She smiled at me lovingly, “Because Mommy’s need to be bigger than their little girls.” she said simply as she plated some pancakes and set them in front of Mira before picking me up and setting me on her hip to carry me over to my highchair, sitting me down and buckling me in before attaching the tray.

“Can I wear high heels again soon, Mommy?” Mira asked as she drowned her pancakes in syrup.

Lucy grabbed my bib from the table and quickly put it on around my neck before she got up to get my breakfast, “You haven’t even started your first day at work yet, sweetie.” she lovingly chided, “How many cases do you have to handle correctly to get back grownup privileges?” she asked as she spooned some oatmeal from the pot on the stove into a bowl and returned to her seat to the side of the highchair.

Mira pouted as she shoveled a syrupy bite of pancake into her mouth, her chin slick with the sweet topping, “One privilege for every hundred cases.” she droned with a mouthful of food.

Lucy nodded, “That’s right, and I’d think that you’d have some other things you’d want back first before something as silly as high heels.” she said as she stirred the oatmeal in the bowl she’d set on the tray of the highchair.

Once Lucy had floated the idea of aging up and becoming my Mommy, Mira had, very quietly and very politely, asked if Lucy would be her Mommy as well, explaining that if she had someone to love her and look after her alongside me, she’d arguably learn to be a better sister and person as a whole. To everyone’s surprise, she laid out the limitations she’d be given until she proved herself a model employee, reducing most of her abilities when she was at home to the level of a young child, even going so far as to start herself somewhere in the early stages of potty training requiring training pants when she was awake and full on diapers overnight.

Lucy spooned some oatmeal into my mouth, the brown sugar and cinnamon she’d sprinkled in making my toes wiggle happily as I rolled the glob around in my mouth before swallowing it.

Mira nodded, “Can I play dress up with them sometime then?” she asked politely.

Lucy chuckled and grabbed a napkin to hand to her, “If you do well today then you can play dress up in Mommy’s clothes after work.” she said with a smile as she watched Mira miss most of the syrup she’d been given the napkin to clean up.

“Yay!” Mira exclaimed, “Thank you, Mommy!” she cheered as she speared another too large hunk of pancake and dirtied her face anew shoveling it in.

Lucy turned back to me and rolled her eyes, “Mommy might need another highchair if your sister isn’t careful.” she whispered to me with a wink.

“I’m not a baby!” Mira protested with her mouth still full.

Lucy nodded, “No one said you were, sweetheart.” she said absently as she continued feeding me.

I’d found a perfect balance for everything in our home, Lucy and I were in love and fulfilled each other’s romantic needs when the mood struck us, which was often in this honeymoon period of bliss, but I was also her baby when either of us wanted that, when it came to Mira, I found a fluidity between baby sister, peer, and older sister that neither of us had trouble adapting to when those roles changed.

Once breakfast was done, Lucy cleaned Mira’s face and checked her clothes for syrup and crumbs before she removed the tray of my highchair and unbuckled me to lift me out and once more set me on her hip, “Potty for you and grownup clothes for you.” she said, pointing to Mira first and then tickling my tummy when she addressed me.

Mira’s potty was in the nursery and I watched from my spot on my back on the changing table as Lucy lifted Mira’s skirt and had her hold it for her while she slid the training pants she wore down her legs and helped her down onto the little purple plastic seat, her knees up to her chest.

Lucy inspected her trainers, “These are a little damp, but I think maybe we can still give you a smile sticker if you finish in the potty.” she explained as she stood and came over to me to change me out of my soaked overnight diaper and cleaned up so I could get dressed for work.

Mira managed a small dribble of pee into the potty and was happy to be picked up by Lucy to place her smile sticker on her potty training chart once Lucy had wiped her and slid a fresh pull-up onto her. As they were leaving the nursery, I was coming out of the room Lucy and I shared, dressed for the day and smiling warmly at Mira.

“Did you get a smile sticker, honey?” I asked her.

She nodded and smiled proudly, “Uh huh!” she said, placing her hand in mine when I held mine out to her so we could head downstairs with Lucy close behind.

“Alright, who’s going to be a responsible hard worker today?” Lucy asked Mira as she knelt in front of her.

“Me!” Mira declared proudly.

Lucy nodded and kissed her forehead before rising and taking a place in front of me, “And who’s going to look out for her sister and make sure she does well and learns from the best?” she asked me, her tone changing from one a mother has with her young child and more one a lover has for her partner when she’s still coming down from being a baby.

“Me.” I said, letting her move in to kiss me, her love making my knees weak.

She smiled hungrily at me and then lovingly at Mira, “Back here for lunch, and Ella is in charge until Mommy gets home from work tonight.” She said, waiting for us to nod our agreement before she stepped to her left and opened the door, “I love you both very much.” she said.

Mira squeezed my hand tightly and I stroked the back of hers with my thumb, “Love you, Mommy.” she said sweetly.

“You already know I love you, Mommy.” I said with a wink as I led Mira through the door and into her cubicle for her first day as a caseworker.

To Be Continued...

• Like 4
  • TheUnknownAuthor changed the title to Cause Of Death: Embarrassment (Chapter Eight Posted 10/7/22)
  • 2 weeks later...

Chapter Nine

A Tale Of Two Sisters”

I continued to hold Mira’s hand as the door behind us closed and left us in her cubicle, guiding her around from behind me to her chair so she could sit down before I knelt in front of her.

“Alright, before I turn you loose on your first day, do you have any questions for me?” I asked her, reaching up and brushing an errant strand of her hair from her face.

She shook her head.

I nodded once and rose, kissing her forehead before I was fully upright, “Once you’re done with a client you’re to send the file to me and then come to my office so we can go over your work, okay?” I asked.

She nodded, “Yes, Ms. Smith.” she said politely.

“Good girl.” I praised, patting the top of her head gently as I turned to leave the small cubicle.

“Um!” she suddenly said behind me.

I turned, “Yes?” I asked her.

She was chewing her bottom lip and absently fiddling with her skirt before she practically leapt up from her chair and threw her arms around me to hug me, “I’m sorry I was a bad sister and a bad person and I really appreciate you being so much better to me than I was to you.” she said in a rush of words that almost bled together.

I couldn’t help but smile as I hugged her back, she really had made incredible strides to soften the edges of her personality and attitude in such a short amount of time, but these random outbursts of childish sweetness were becoming more frequent the longer she was kept in her role at home and it was something I was very happy to see and be on the receiving end, “You’ve been a very good girl, Mira, and both Mommy and I are very proud of you.” I told her, “But,” I said softly as I gently released her and guided her back to her chair, “work is only for big girls, so you need to be professional here and not be a little cuddle bug like at home, okay?” I explained.

She nodded, “I’m sorry, Ms. Smith, it won’t happen again, Ma’am.” she said politely, beaming proudly up at me.

“Good girl.” I said with a warm smile and another quick peck on the top of her head before I left to get to my office before my own first case of the day.

Salvador Jimenez sat in the chair in my office shortly after I got settled in, he was a thin young man in his twenties, his short, spiked hair a silvery white, his lithe body on display as he sat completely nude before me, save for the diaper haphazardly taped around his waist and the leather collar around his neck with the attached leash resting in a small coil on the floor beside his chair.

“Tell me what you remember.” I said.

He nodded softly, “I was pledging a fraternity and the theme for the first week was basically that all the new pledges were babies.” he explained. “One of the brothers, Alex, was giving off vibes like he was into me, but obviously not ready to admit that he was gay.” he continued.

I nodded as I typed his recounting into my report.

“Anyway, Alex was assigned to be my “daddy” for the week and we went to his room,” he smiled as he looked down at the floor, “he led me by the hand like I really was his little boy, and once the door was closed he asked me if it was okay for him to take my clothes off.” he explained.

“Was he initiating sex?” I asked him.

He chuckled and shook his head, “No, he was too nervous to be that bold.” he responded, “There were diapers on the footlocker at the end of his bed and his job was to get me into one.” He explained, he smiled again, lost in thought, “His hands were shaking when he started to undress me, poor little confused Alex.” he mused. “Anyway, when he got to be taking a little too long, I helped him out by quickly ditching the rest of my clothes and the look in his eyes when he saw what was under my briefs let me know that he was ready to explore the real him.” he continued.

I continued typing, “So, you had sex?” I asked.

“I kissed him as soon as he looked up from my bottom half, and he melted, like actually started to collapse because his legs were shaking so much.” he said, his smile wide as he remembered the encounter, “Anyway, the poor thing needed me to do all the work getting him into his own birthday suit, and then I guided him to the bed as I kissed his neck and chest and that was that.” he said.

I shook my head, “Not quite though, right?” I asked, “I mean, that sounds lovely for the both of you, but you’re leaving a big part out.” I said.

His demeanor changed, his spirit warbling as he thought about what I was referring to, “The other brothers obviously hadn’t done anything special with their babies, and came to see what was taking us so long.” he said quietly, his smile gone, “The door being kicked in was so loud, and then everything was a blur of shouting and movement.” he explained.

I have a recording if you’d rather let that tell the story.” I offered.

He said nothing but nodded softly.

I started the video and sat back to watch him, make sure he was alright as the video played.

Slurs erupted from several of the brothers as they entered the room to find Salvador and Alex naked together in what can only be described as a loving cuddle, both shooting off the bed as the door burst open and searching for clothes to put on. The head of the house spat more slurs as he crossed the room to Salvador and berated him while his second in command did the same to Alex. Both young men were tried, convicted and sentenced in the span of a minute, their punishment being handed down in the form of both wearing the diapers initially intended for Salvador and having leashes and collars put around their necks to be taken for a walk around campus by their “masters”.

Salvador’s spirit shuddered as he watched he and Alex laid beside one another as the diapers were put on them, their hands coming so close to holding one another for support before they were yanked up and pushed down for the collars and leashes to be applied before they were made to crawl down the stairs as their “brothers” jeered them and shouted dehumanizing and awful things at them.

Outside the house, the head of the house got on his megaphone and announced that the “bitch puppies” weren’t housebroken yet and ordered both young men to wet themselves. Alex was a blubbering mess as he silently obeyed, but Salvador just glared at his tormentors as he obeyed. The pair was led around campus for a short time until they arrived at an area where a large enough group had gathered for the head of the house to command the boys mess themselves, which neither boy complied with.

It hadn’t been intentional, not that it mattered given the end result, but Salvador’s leash was pulled too hard and at the wrong angle, and his neck snapped, killing him instantly and leaving Alex to crawl to him and hug his lifeless body as the gathered crowd recorded and stared in horror at the tragedy that had come from a senseless act of bullying.

Are you alright?” I asked him.

He nodded, “It was an accident that could’ve been avoided if those homophobic pricks hadn’t gotten so riled up, but they have to live with what they did and whatever happens to them after.” he explained.

I smiled and rose from my chair to go to him and place a hand on his shoulder, “I’m sorry that awful thing happened to you, but your threshold for forgiveness and tolerance is very impressive for someone your age.” I told him.

He smiled up at me, his spirit brightening, “Thank you.” he said. He was hesitant for a moment, “Can I ask about Alex?” he asked.

I smiled back at him, “He took what happened to you very hard, but it sparked something in him and he changed his life because of it.” I told him, returning to my computer to bring up a picture of Alex, “He became a very successful lawyer and he and his husband do many civil and human rights cases for free thanks to a foundation he created in your name that runs on donations.” I explained.

His spirit became blindingly bright just before he vanished from my office, a smile on his face as he transitioned to his final destination.

One of the perks of being Mira’s trainer is that I can summon her to my office just by willing it, which I did as soon as I got the notification that her case had been filed. Her spirit was off when she arrived, small and skittish seeming as she sat nervously in the chair Salvador had previously occupied.

How’d your first case go?” I asked as I pulled up her case on my computer.

She pouted, “Awful!” she grumped petulantly.

I raised an eyebrow at her demeanor and tone, “Do I need to take you home for a nap before we do this?” I asked.

She sighed in exasperation, “No!” she snapped, “The lady was really mean to me and I hated her and I hate this!” she whined.

I ignored her outburst for the moment as I read her report, my head beginning to shake softly as I encountered spelling mistake after spelling mistake and sentences that abruptly stopped and new thoughts beginning after them with little connective tissue between them, “Seems like you struggled to type and talk and listen all at once.” I remarked, giving her a look from the corner of my eye.

She squirmed in her seat nervously and hung her head, “It’s hard to do all of that at once!” she argued, “Plus, the lady was really mean!” she reminded me.

I sent the video to the screen on the wall and sat back in my chair to watch it.

Hello, Ms. Jacoby.” the recording of Mira said politely.

The woman sneered, “Mrs.” she huffed.

Mira looked confused, “I’m sorry?” she said, searching for clarification in her not understanding what the woman had meant.

Are you?” Mrs. Jacoby asked, “Are you sorry for my husband cheating on me with my sister?” she asked, her tone rising, “Sorry for me taking a hammer to them both while they slept?” she continued, her spirit swelling and turning darker, “Sorry for me, the victim, being put to death like some kind of ni-”

I stopped the video when she started using racial slurs, “Quite the charmer that one.” I said dryly, “Why did you let her take control of what was happening?” I asked.

Mira’s spirit was smaller than I’d ever seen it, “She was scary.” she admitted.

I nodded, “I can see that, but she has no power here.” I said, “You do though.” I reminded her.

She stared at her hands folded in her lap but said nothing.

I rolled my chair to my right to clear the desk and patted my lap, “C’mere, sweetie.” I said, smiling at her as she stood and came over to me and gingerly hoisted herself up onto my lap. I put my arm around her waist and leaned her back so she was resting against my chest and kissed the back of her head as I started softly stroking her hair, “We need to finish watching, okay?” I asked, not waiting for a response before playing the video.

Mrs. Jacoby had gotten to her feet, the frail looking older woman seemed to tower above Mira as she shrank in fear of the raw spiritual ferocity she was inches from, “Everyone’s sorry but no one’s willing to do anything about it!” Mrs. Jacoby shrieked.

Mira clearly recalled she was to be recording what was happening and turned to do that when Mrs. Jacoby grabbed for her throat with a guttural roar that made her spirit flare up with black and red tendrils snaking outward before she disappeared in rush of energy.

I hugged my sister and rested my chin on her shoulder, “You okay?” I asked her.

She shook her head and her spirit stabilized in its tiny flicker.

I sighed softly, “I think maybe that’s enough for today.” I told her as I gently slid her from my lap and stood to take her hand in mine.

I tried to be responsible and do a good job.” she said quietly as I led her to the door and opened it to reveal the nursery on the other side.

Once we crossed the threshold, all the house rules went back into effect and I was able to pick her up as if she weighed nothing and hug her tightly as I closed the door behind us, “That wasn’t your fault, honey.” I told her as I gently patted her bottom and carried her to the changing table, laying her down and fetching her pacifier from the basket below the tabletop, pushing it into her mouth gently as I smiled down at her.

With the functionality returned to our bodies at home, Mira’s tears now gently rolled from the corners of her eyes as she sucked her pacifier, “Are you mad at me, Ella?” she asked through her pacifier.

I shook my head as I pulled her to a sitting position to slip her top and bra off and lay her back down to do the same with her skirt and pull-up, “Why would I be mad at you, sweetheart?” I asked as I gently wiped her and got out a diaper to unfold.

She shrugged, “I belittled you and acted like I was so much better than you and then I can’t even stand up to one old woman.” she sniffled.

I lifted her legs by the ankles and slid the diaper under her, “I thought we all agreed that grownup boss Mira was a bad dream we all had.” I reminded her as I sprinkled powder onto her diaper area and gently rubbed it in before cleaning my hands and taping her diaper on snugly.

She sighed as I got her footie pajamas from the dresser across the room, “She was, but dreams can still hurt as bad as real stuff.” she said.

I gave her a sympathetic smile as I dressed her in her pajamas and carried her to the crib, setting her down and patting her bulging bottom as she crawled to the other side and lay down, “Babies need stories before nap time, right?” I asked rhetorically as I climbed into the crib and lay beside her, pulling her close with my arm beneath her as I hugged her and rocked our bodies, “Do you remember what God made you see before she brought us back to finish our meeting?” I asked her.

She nodded softly against my chest, “Didn’t like it.” she said softly.

I rubbed her back and looked over at Lucy in the doorway, smiling at her before turning my attention back to Mira, “Was it the best day you never had?” I asked.

She stiffened and made a sad mewling sound through her pacifier.

I sighed and pulled her up on top of me, holding her to me as I rocked us, smiling as her head turned to face away from Lucy so she wouldn’t see her standing in the doorway, “If I tell you what I saw will you tell me what you saw?” I asked.

Mira nodded but continued quietly sucking her pacifier as she cuddled to me.

Once upon a time,” I said, smiling at Lucy once more before I closed my eyes to see the story I was about to tell, “a young woman lived in a house with the woman she loved.” I said, “Ella was the younger of the two women and looked at Delilah as more than just the love of her life, but as something of a mother figure to her as well.” I said, seeing Delilah in my minds eye. “It was an unremarkable day when they decided to have a picnic beneath the Cedar tree a short walk from their home, and Delilah allowed her little girl to wear only the numerous layers of cloth she’d pinned around the girl’s waist, making her waddle and hold Delilah’s hand for stability.” I said, seeing myself toddling beside Delilah out to the tree.

Mira giggled, “Big baby.” she playfully teased.

I patted her crinkly bottom softly, “Takes one to know one.” I retorted with a smile when she giggled again and playfully wiggled her bottom.

Lucy had entered the room and taken a seat in the rocking chair but stayed silent to listen to my story.

When they arrived at the tree, Delilah laid a blanket down in the sun dappled shade and began setting up the picnic while her little girl lay beside her watching butterflies and sucking her thumb as she looked up at Delilah, the sun behind her making her look like a beautiful angel as she looked at her baby with love.” I explained, feeling the tears welling up in my eyes, “Delilah fed her baby like a good mother and held her in her arms, not caring that the girl had a messy face from lunch or that the cloth pinned around her waist was drenched with pee, that’s just how babies were, regardless of size or age.” I told her. “Delilah removed her own clothes after lunch and held her baby in her arms and let her nurse from her in the warm afternoon air, the mixture of a full stomach and unconditional love combined with the temperature of the day putting the girl to sleep before she’d finished nursing the first breast.” I explained.

Was that what you wanted most?” Mira asked quietly.

I nodded, “Delilah was the only person in the living world that not only understood me, but nurtured the things inside that I kept hidden.” I said, “When we were together we’d talk about owning a house in the country and living as mommy and baby as often as possible.” I explained, “But then I died and never got to have that perfect day with her.” I added.

Mira hugged me tightly, “I’m sorry, Ella.” she said softly.

I kissed the top of her head, “God knew exactly what I wanted most in life and used it against me.” I said, “One final twist of the dagger before the game was over.” I added bitterly.

I was with my family in my dream, my husband was still alive and the older kids were home from school and our baby girl had been born instead of dying and we were happy.” Mira said, her pacifier falling to the mattress so she could speak clearly, “We were waiting for Mother and Father to arrive for a visit, and I was so happy to see that they’d brought you along.” she explained. “Everyone in my family was surprised to see you quite pregnant, but you were all smiles when you finally waddled into the house.” she said.

I snickered, “Why was I pregnant?” I asked.

She shrugged, “I wanted you to be as happy as me.” she said, “Well, not quite as happy, your husband had gone to secure a home for you both but had written to say he’d met someone else and wouldn’t be returning.” she explained, “You found out you were pregnant a short time later and remained with Mother and Father because you couldn’t handle things on your own.” she explained.

I smirked, “Casting me as the helpless damsel in your perfect day seems like something you’d do.” I teased.

She shook her head, “Let me finish.” she chided. “Mother and Father busied themselves with present giving for the kids and you pulled me aside and asked where the restroom was and when I showed you where it was you confessed that being with child was wreaking havoc on your bladder control and that Mother had had to fashion you a supply of cloth diapers that she’d pinned you into for the wagon ride to see us.” she explained.

I kept quiet as she’d requested, but was intrigued by the direction the story was going.

I told you that I’d suffered similarly with each of my four children and led you into the restroom to help you, and I did, I cared for you when you needed me to, the way I should have when we were growing up, when we lost father and you broke down and needed your big sister to carry you along until you recovered.” she explained, “The best day I never had was being a good sister to you and taking care of you.” she said, “It wasn’t more time with my family when things never fell apart, it wasn’t finding new love and happiness in my life, it was righting the wrongs I’d committed against you, Ella, because I love you.” she added, reaching for her pacifier and popping it into her mouth to signal the end of her story before she hugged me tightly and pressed the face of her pacifier to my cheek as she made a kissing noise.

Lucy cleared her throat and got up from the rocking chair to come to the side of the crib, stroking my hair with one hand while she patted Mira’s bottom with the other, “I was coming home from college and my daddy had surprised at the train station,” she explained as she waited for me to scoot over and allow her to lay beside me on her side as she continued to stroke my hair. “My mother had told me he’d be in town when I arrived and not able to see me until late the following day, but there he was in his Sunday best, a smile on his face he waited for me to notice him.” she continued. She smiled sadly, “I was so little when I died that I didn’t think I remembered little things about him and my mother, but down to the last detail he was the man I’d adored when I was knee high to a grasshopper.” she said.

I thought of our father and knew somehow that Mira was too.

I ran to him and he lifted me up like he’d done when I was little and spun me around, and that spin was like the hands of time turning back the clock on my life, I stopped being that college student, the first one in my family, I stopped being a strong, independent Black woman in a world that she had to fight to be taken seriously in and when he finally set me back down on my feet I felt like I was four years old again, looking up at him like the Sun rose and set by his will alone.” she explained, “Then he cemented it by calling me ‘Daffodil’, his pet name for me when I was little, and I spent the whole wagon ride back home feeling like my daddy’s little girl again.” she said.

I tilted my head to face her and gave her a look to silently ask if she was alright and got a nod and a kiss on the forehead in response.

All my sisters were back home to see me, the house was full of grandchildren and tiny baby great grandchildren, but not a one of them was as happy as I was walking hand in hand with my daddy and hugging my mama for the first time in a few years.” she said with an ear to ear smile that nearly hid the tears and pain in her eyes as she swallowed hard, “I never had a real chance to be a part of a family, I was too little to know what I had in my parents and sisters, and that’s why you girls have been the best thing that’s ever happened to me in life or in death.” she explained.

Mira turned her head to face Lucy, “Love you, Mommy.” she said sleepily.

I smiled at Lucy and leaned in to kiss her lips, softly, “I love you too, Mommy.” I whispered.

We all lay in silence for a while, getting our emotions under control, except Mira who began to softly snore atop me after a few minutes of laying with her eyes closed.

Rough day?” Lucy asked.

I nodded, “Her client went ghost on her, full rage and fury and she kind of froze up.” I whispered.

Lucy smiled at the sleeping girl, “Maybe she’s not ready for work just yet.” she offered.

I sighed, “You know, I was really proud of her for putting all the rules she has on herself, but now I’m wondering if she was just easing into what she wanted you to run with.” I said.

Meaning?” Lucy asked.

I shrugged, “Maybe she wants to be the baby of the family and thought that if she put a bunch of restrictions and rules in place to make herself littler seeming that you’d pull the trigger and bring her down to that level completely.” I explained.

Has she said anything to make you think that?” she asked.

I shook my head, “No, but look at her.” I said, looking down at the sleeping woman atop me, “She was such a strong and commanding woman when she was running D.E.A.T.H., but look how little it’s taken to bring her to where she is now.” I explained.

Lucy smiled and kissed my forehead, “How about this,” she whispered as she got up and gently moved Mira off of me and stroked the girl’s hair to keep her sleeping before she stood up and offered her hand to me, picking me up once I was standing outside the crib, “why don’t we have a talk as a family after nap time and we can decide who needs to be where and in what capacity then.” she said as she carried me to the changing table and lay me down.

I smiled up at her, “Do I have to nap with her in the crib or can I have a big girl nap with Mommy?” I purred as she started undressing me.

She smiled at me, “Well, since you’re home early from work and clearly not concerned with being put into a diaper, I think a nap with your sister is best.” she explained as she expertly got me into a diaper and footed pajamas to match Mira’s.

I pretended to pout, “Fine.” I said with my arms folded across my chest, “But I’ll be spending the night with you tonight.” I told her.

She smirked and kissed my lips softly, our tongues dancing with one another briefly before she picked me up once more and deposited me in the crib, watching me snuggle into my role as big spoon to Mira’s little spoon before she raised the side and turned on the mobile above us, “We’ll see.” she teased before she left us to nap.

Mira’s hair still smelled faintly of the baby shampoo Lucy had washed her hair with that morning, the faint smell of powder from both of us and the hint of urine from Mira made me shudder with pleasure as I snuggled my sister, “If you can hear me, Mira, I love you and appreciate that you wanted to be a good big sister to me.” I whispered, “But I think we both know that you’re better suited as the little sister now, right?” I asked rhetorically as I closed my eyes and wet my diaper, sighing contentedly as I relaxed and let sleep take me.

To Be Concluded...

• Like 2
  • TheUnknownAuthor changed the title to Cause Of Death: Embarrassment (Chapter Nine Posted 10/20/22)
  • 2 weeks later...

Done and dusted! Hope you all enjoy the finale of this story, as always if you like it let me know, if you hate it let me know! I hope to see you in one of my other stories! :D

Chapter Ten

Fin”

“Ella?” Mira whispered softly, gently shaking me awake.

I groaned softly but didn’t open my eyes, trying to stay asleep longer, “Go back to sleep, Mira.” I grumbled.

“He’s here.” she whispered, her voice small and frightened.

I opened my eyes to see my sister laying beside me, her head raised to look over me to the room beyond. I rolled over and saw Him sitting in the rocking chair, one leg crossed over the other hands in his lap, a smile on his face that carried ill will in it.

He uncrossed his leg and rose slowly, “Good,” He thought for a moment, “I suppose afternoon would be correct.” He said.

I sat up and glowered at Him, “You can’t be here!” I snapped.

He smirked, “Can’t I?” He asked.

I shook my head, “This is our home, we had a deal with God.” I reminded Him.

“And what of my deal?” He asked.

I sneered, “Like we’d ever make a deal with you.” I spat.

He smiled, “You and Lucy wouldn’t.” He said, “But you’re a good deal smarter than your crib mate.” He added.

My blood ran cold as I scooted back and reached behind me to hold onto Mira, “Any deal she might’ve made with you ended when we made our new deal.” I told Him.

He shook his head, “Not how it works, kiddo.” He said, “Little Mira there made a deal with me, and I’ve fulfilled my end of it, so now I’m here to collect my payment.” He explained.

Mira whimpered softly behind me.

“What was the deal?” I asked Him.

He shrugged His shoulders, “That’s not for me to divulge.” He said.

“Mira, what was your deal?” I asked her without taking my eyes off of Him.

She sniffled, “Happiness.” she whispered, “I wanted to have a happy family again.” she explained.

He stuck His hands into the pockets of His black, very expensive looking dress pants, “See, poor little Mira didn’t really know what she wanted, so she was nice and vague about her terms,” He explained, “turns out, your little whisper while she slept got through and she felt true happiness in this little family you’ve cobbled together when you informed her she’d be the little sister.” He continued, “Doesn’t it just warm the cockles of your heart?” He asked.

I ignored Him, “What did you promise Him?” I asked her.

He raised one hand from His pocket, “That one I can answer!” He said, vanishing in a blur of darkness to appear at the side of the crib, His arms folded on the top of the rails as He looked down at us, “She’s to be mine.” He said, “No specifics on the nature of the relationship, but given her current state, maybe it’s time for me to settle down and be a good father.” He explained, his smile spreading as he looked at Mira with hungry eyes.

I won’t let you take her!” I hissed.

He sighed, “Ella,” He said, lowering the crib side before walking back to the rocking chair to sit down and once again cross one leg over the other, “Let me tell you a little story.” He said, “Well, show you.” He corrected.

The room vanished, leaving Mira and I standing in darkness. I moved around so we were side by side and took her hand tightly into my own, “It’ll be okay, Mira.” I reassured her.

As you know, God and I have a, “unique” relationship.” He said, placing emphasis on ‘unique’.

Images appeared in succession before us, Him with Her bent over a rock, Her face frozen in orgasmic bliss as dinosaurs roamed behind them, Her atop Him as knights waged war all around, their bodies slathered with blood and mud, Him holding Her hair tightly as She felicitated Him as plague doctors loaded bodies into carts.

Over the course of our existence, I’ve groomed Her to be the perfect lover.” He explained, “I broke Her of Her will to disobey me when it came to sex and made Her satisfy me as I destroyed Her creations.” He continued, “Do you know that She begged me, cock in mouth, not to kill the last Dodo?” He asked, a self satisfied chuckle ringing in the darkness. “Not only did I kill it, but I made Her use its beak as a butt plug for nearly seventy years for having the nerve to think She had any say in what I did.” He added.

Mira squeezed my hand tightly as the image of God with a sizable beak in Her ass as She sucked His cock displayed in front of us.

The reality of the situation, girls, is that God isn’t in any kind of position to make deals, least of all with my property.” He said, “The home you built in your adorable little pocket universe? Created with power I gave Her.” He added.

I shook my head, “God doesn’t need you to give Her power.” I sneered.

No?” He asked, “Slut!” He shouted.

God appeared before us, naked and on Her knees in front of Him. He knelt behind Her and lifted Her chin so She was looking at us, “Tell them the truth.” He commanded.

She nodded softly, “I surrendered all my power to Him.” She said.

He reached down and roughly pinched Her nipple, drawing a gasp and moan from Her, “Why?” He asked.

She bit Her lip, “To be allowed to cum.” She confessed.

He chuckled softly, “Pathetic, isn’t She?” He asked us, “So focused on carnal delights that my refusal to allow Her to orgasm brought Her to surrendering everything She had.” He said.

So our deal-” I started to say.

A sham, I’m afraid.” He said, cutting me off, “You have what you have so I could get what I want.” He continued, “And what I want is for Mira to come to her new Daddy.” He said, smiling wickedly at us.

I felt her grip loosen, “I propose a new deal!” I exclaimed, squeezing her hand tight.

His smile remained, “Go on.” He said.

My mind whirled as I tried to come up with something to outsmart Him with, “She offered me a role as God.” I finally said, pointing at the naked deity on Her knees beside him getting Her head stroked like an obedient dog, “If I agree to that deal, to take Her place, you leave Mira and Lucy alone forever.” I said.

Ella, no!” Mira whined.

He stroked His beard in contemplation, “Tempting, but no.” He finally said, “You’re not my type and I know I’m not yours.” He said knowingly, “Come along, little one.” He said, crooking his finger to beckon Mira to him.

Her grip loosed as her feet began to move in his direction.

No!” I wailed, holding her hand tightly and pulling as hard as I could to keep her with me, my pajama clad feet sliding as she pulled me along with her.

He smiled at me, “Don’t worry, Ella, I’ll take good care of her.” He said, “But you need to let go now, sweetie.” He told me, “Here, cuddle this instead.” He added, flicking his wrist in my direction.

A stuffed bear appeared on the ground in front of me, the fur pink and fluffier and softer looking than anything I’d ever seen before, the urge to rush to it and pick it up to cuddle it overwhelming me as I felt hot tears roll down my cheeks as I let go of Mira and rushed to the bear, dropping to my knees to scoop it up and snuggle it.

Mira moved quicker without me anchoring her, dropping to her hands and knees to crawl the rest of the way to Him and perch on her knees with her arms wide open to Him.

He knelt and scooped her up, placing her on His hip as He gently grabbed her wrist and bobbed her hand up and down, “Say, ‘bye bye’, Ella.” He cooed.

Mira stared vacantly at me, “Bye bye, Ella.” she repeated in a monotone voice before resting her head on His shoulder.

I was sobbing uncontrollably, desperately trying to let go of the stuffed bear to go to my sister, but all I could do was cuddle the fluffy bear and rock softly as I cried, watching them vanish in a swirl of shadow, the nursery returning once they’d left, leaving me in the middle of the room cuddling the bear with God still on Her knees across the room.

I’m sorry, Ella.” She said softly.

I glared at Her, the thrall of the bear breaking its hold on me as I tossed it aside and got up to rush to Her, tackling Her and raining my fists down onto Her face. Over and over I punched, Her pristine skin bruised and bloody after dozens of blows until I pushed myself off of Her panting and sobbing.

She spit blood onto the carpet as she rose to a sitting position, “Feel better?” She asked.

I shook my head, “Why are you still here?” I hissed.

She sighed, Her wounds healing instantly, the blood disappearing from Her mouth and the carpet, “Powerless, remember?” She said, “He sapped the last of it when He decided He was done with me.” she explained, her tone rich with self pity.

You fucking deserve it, you coward.” I spat.

She nodded, “Yeah, I do.” She admitted, “Mira doesn’t though.” She added.

I glared at Her, “You don’t get to say her name.” I warned.

She smiled, “I used to know love like that.” She said, “He used to love me as much as you love Mira, or Lucy, but absolute power and all that.” She continued, “Now, I matter so little to Him that He’s fine leaving me powerless and alone without so much as a goodbye.” She said sadly.

Oh, poor God, tricked by the well documented master of lies.” I sneered, “He’s right, you are pathetic.” I added.

She nodded, “I am.” She agreed, “I’d go back with Him in a second if He came to get me, knowing that He’d eventually find some new plaything to replace me, and I’d do everything He asked because He’s what I deserve.” She explained.

You deserve to be miserable for all the pain and suffering you’ve allowed people to experience,” I said, “you deserve to be degraded and used so you can feel a fraction of what the people in the realm of the living have to endure.” I continued, rising to my feet to walk over and stand above her, “You deserve to be punished for all of it, but for me, you deserve to suffer for ruining the lives of my family.” I told her.

She sighed, “Is this the part where you spank me and force me into diapers or something, because that wouldn’t be so much of a punishment, honey.” She said.

I shook my head, “No, you’re not worth my time and energy.” I said, “You’re going to crawl to that door and into D.E.A.T.H. and find someone that can get you back to Heaven and you’re going to tell them the truth about everything.” I commanded.

She scoffed, “And why would I do that?” She asked incredulously.

I smiled and knelt down, stroking Her cheek softly, “Because if you don’t, Lucy and I will find all kinds of new and interesting ways to degrade and humiliate you.” I said.

She smirked, “Don’t threaten me with a good time, Ella.” She said.

I slapped Her hard across Her face, “Fine, you’ll do it because if you don’t, I will spend the rest of eternity bringing you to the edge of orgasm only to deny you the privilege.” I explained, “You’ll beg and plead for release, but it won’t come, you’ll be eternally frustrated and it won’t end because none of us is going anywhere ever.” I said.

She stared at me in disbelief before she smiled, “You’re a nasty little bitch, aren’t you?” she asked.

When it comes to my family? You bet your ass I am.” I said. “Now, get the fuck out of my house, whore.” I spat, folding my arms across my chest as I watched Her obediently crawl to the door.

She turned to look back at me, “Once I have my power back, I’m going to ruin you.” She threatened.

I nodded, “I’ll believe it when I see it.” I told her.

She opened the door, revealing the cubicles on the office floor of D.E.A.T.H. and crawled through after taking a deep breath, the door shutting behind Her once She’d crossed the threshold.

Once I was alone, my strong facade faltered and I collapsed into a heap on the floor, sobbing uncontrollably as I pounded my fists futilely into the carpet and swore and screamed in rage until I exhausted myself and fell asleep after crawling to the discarded bear to cuddle for comfort.

Lucy and I carried on the best we could after Mira left, we removed the nursery from our house after it became obvious I was never going back into it, too many things to remind me of what I’d lost. I gave up everything baby related cold turkey, viewing that part of me as weak and stupid, focusing on work and pushing Lucy further and further away as time went on.

Do you even want me here anymore?” Lucy asked one night at dinner, the meal she’d prepared cold and uneaten as I picked at it with my fork.

I wasn’t listening to her, I rarely did after Mira left. Maybe it was resentment that she wasn’t there to help me when He’d taken Mira, maybe it was me not feeling deserving of love and happiness while Mira suffered whatever was happening to her alone, but whatever it was, she left without saying goodbye and I eventually stopped going back to the home we’d built together, returning to my space at D.E.A.T.H. with nothing but my own thoughts to keep me company in the times I wasn’t pouring myself into work.

I’d see Lucy around the office occasionally, she’d moved on with her afterlife, started a new relationship with someone in Reaping, from what I could tell when I saw her talking to the busty blonde that seemed to hang on her every word and follow her around like a puppy.

Being back at D.E.A.T.H. was for the best, it removed my ability to cry and let me feel awful without being able to release myself from the hurt, a nice eternal torture for me to savor for the rest of time.

When the envelope appeared in my living space I was taken aback, the all black envelope with my name written on the front in red, the lines of the crudely scrawled letters chunky and deliberate, like a child had written it. I picked it up and opened it, pulling the paper inside out to unfold and read it.

Dear Ella,

You’re cordially invited to Mira’s first birthday party. If you’re interested in attending, a door will appear wherever you are at the time of the party, all you need do is step through it. A gift would be welcome but is unnecessary if you are unable to secure one. She would love to see her big sister.

Regards,

Satan”

I collapsed to my knees and let the letter fall to the floor, my mind racing with possibilities. I needed to tell Lucy, to convince her to join me, thinking we could get Mira back somehow if we went together to the party. I used my will to find her and went directly to her via the door to my living space.

Ella?” she asked, looking up from her book as she read on her couch, “What are you doing here?” she asked in surprise.

I handed her the note, “We have to go, we can fix all of this!” I told her.

She read the note and looked up at me, “You broke my heart, Ella.” she said after a long silence, “You shut me out and didn’t even try to stop me from leaving.” she explained.

I’m sorry!” I told her, taking her hands in mine, “If we get her back, things can go back to the way they were!” I explained.

She pulled her hands free of mine, “No.” she said, “You lost me.” she said, moving back on the couch so she could stand up, “It took everything I had to make peace with the fact that you didn’t love me anymore, and only now am I finally starting to feel slightly better.” she explained.

I stood up, feeling impossibly small as I looked up into her eyes, “Please, Lucy, Mommy,” I corrected, “I need you.” I pleaded.

Her face softened as she put her hand to my cheek and leaned in to kiss my forehead, “No.” she said sadly, “I want you to go and try and get Mira back, but I’m not coming with you and-” she hesitated, “and I don’t want you to try and contact me anymore after you leave.” she said.

My spirit shriveled as I searched her eyes for a sign that I might be able to change her mind, finding none, I nodded softly, “I’m sorry.” I said quietly before I turned to leave, “I fucked up.” I said, turning to look back at her, “I felt so helpless and terrible for not being able to save Mira that I didn’t feel like I deserved to be happy, but I never explained that to you.” I said, “I hope you find happiness, Lucy, you deserve it.” I added as I made my way to the door and out of her life.

Some time later the door mentioned in the letter appeared in my living room, black and swirling with shadows as a door to Hell was expected to be, and I got up and walked to it, placing my hand on the knob and giving it a turn and push before being pulled across the threshold, the door slamming shut behind me.

I don’t know what I expected to find on the other side, pools of lava, demons, naked people being tortured in disgusting ways maybe, but what I absolutely hadn’t considered was that He’d host Mira’s birthday at a Chuck E. Cheese.

You made it!” He exclaimed, rushing up to me and throwing His arms around me to hug me tightly.

He’d traded in his black and crimson finery for khaki’s and a seafoam green polo shirt, His dark aura replaced with something more akin to a candle store employee, still a hint of darkness just under the surface, but for all intents and purposes, warm and inviting. He was clean shaven now, His dark hair now brown with blonde highlights cut short and parted on the left side of His head making him look like a newscaster or weather man.

What the actual fuck is going on?” I asked Him.

He pulled away, a look of shock on His face, “There are children here, Ella, let’s keep the language G rated, huh?” He playfully chided.

I stared at Him in disbelief, “What happened to you?” I asked.

Fatherhood!” He exclaimed with a bubbly joy that genuinely startled me, “Having a kid changes you, man!” He said, “Hang on.” He added, stepping around me, “Hey, Karen, would you mind keeping an eye on the kids for a mo, Ella’s here to see her sister!” He called out to a bleach blonde woman in white stretch pants over by the arcade that nodded and gave him a thumbs up in response.

I shuddered, “This is so much worse than what I imagined.” I thought, “So, you’re good now?” I asked Him.

He chuckled and turned, throwing an arm over my shoulder as He started us walking, “Good? Nah! I’m great, kiddo!” He exclaimed, “All that time being God’s “master and commander”, living only to tantalize and torment the poor girl for my own sick pleasure turned me into a dark dude.” He explained, “But after I brought little Mira home, she changed me, devoting myself to her happiness and well being set me on a path to becoming a better person.” He explained.

But you’re not a person.” I said.

He waved His hand dismissively, “I know, I know, but you know what I mean.” He said.

We walked past the tables of children eating pizza and drinking soda and juice, “Who are all these kids?” I asked.

He looked around as we walked, “Uh, some belong to the guys from my Daddy and Me class, some belong to parents I met at the pediatrician, and some are just damned souls that get a fun little break from the pits for the afternoon.” He explained.

I’m genuinely trying to figure out what of those three things is the most upsetting.” I confessed.

He chuckled, “Oh, you!” He said, gently squeezing my shoulder, “Hey, Lucy didn’t come with you?” He suddenly asked.

I shook my head, “We broke up.” I told Him, unsure why I was doing so.

He stopped walking and gave me a sympathetic head tilt as He pouted, “Aww, I’m sorry, kiddo, that’s rough.” He said as He hugged me again.

I gasped when I saw her over His shoulder. She was seated in a booster seat with closed holes for her legs to go through on a throne that made her look smaller than she was. Her raven hair was styled into precious ringlets, the dress she wore was the same seafoam color as His shirt, the frills and ruffles looking like they were devouring her with teeth made of satin and a gullet of petticoats, she was nursing a pink pacifier and wore a tiara atop her head, and her eyes absolutely lit up when she saw me.

Ewwa!” she squealed, wriggling in her seat futilely, arms outstretched to me.

I moved to pull away from Him, to go to her, but He held me tight, “She’s happy, Ella.” He whispered, “Happy and safe, please respect that.” He requested before letting me go and stepping aside to allow me to go to her.

I laughed as tears sprung from my eyes as I hurried to her, climbing the set of small stairs in front of her throne to throw my arms around her and effortlessly lift her from the booster seat, her legs wrapping around my waist as we hugged, “I missed you so much, Mira.” I sobbed.

Missed you too, Ewwa.” she burbled around her pacifier, the words on the front of it reading “Daddy’s Little Devil”, a smiley face with red horns beneath the pink lettering.

He put his arm around me and leaned in to kiss the top of her head, “We’ve got some time before cake and presents if you’d like to take her to the ball pit or something.” He said.

I nodded, “Can you walk, honey?” I asked her.

He chuckled, “Carrying is probably best.” He said, we wouldn’t want that pretty dress to get dirty, would we?” He asked her.

She shook her head, “No, Dada.” she agreed.

I carried her away to the large ballpit nearby and set her down on the soft wall that contained the balls, kneeling in front of her to slip her shiny leather shoes from her feet, the white tights beneath adorned with little purple flowers, “You look so pretty!” I told her as I put her shoes in one of the little cubes nearby.

She giggled, “Fankoo, Ewwa.” she said sweetly.

I stood up and sat beside her to take my own shoes off and put them in one of the other cubes before raising my leg up and over the wall as I got into the ball pit and picked her up to bring her in with me, setting her down amid the balls before I sat down in the shallow enclosure with her, “Was he telling the truth, are you happy and safe?” I asked her.

She nodded and flopped her arms in the balls, sending a few scattering away from her as she giggled and bounced on her butt, “Dada take good cawe of me.” she said.

I smiled and wiped my tears away, “That’s good.” I said, realizing only now that I was crying, something I hadn’t been able to do since we lived at the house. I cleared my throat, “So, a whole year old, huh?” I asked.

She nodded as her pacifier fell from her mouth and she brought one of the balls up to replace it, giving me my first glimpse of her drooling mouth devoid of teeth, her pink gums sliding over the surface of the plastic ball as she tried to chew on it.

I sighed, “I’m sorry I couldn’t protect you, Mira.” I said quietly.

She dropped the ball and rummaged around the sea of other balls for her pacifier, finding it and popping it back into her mouth before she crawled to me and pounced on me to cuddle me.

She smelled like strawberries and baby powder, a soft and sweet combination that made me relax as I adjusted her so she was on my lap, the thick diaper beneath her bushel of petticoats squishing against my thigh as I softly bounced her, “I’m glad you’re okay.” I said.

She pulled her pacifier from her mouth and held it up in front of my face, “Dada said you was gonna come home wif us.” she told me.

I smiled and gently pushed her pacifier away and guided it back into her mouth, “I don’t think so, baby.” I told her.

Are you sure?” He asked, suddenly seated on the wall beside us, “I’ve got more than enough space, and you’d get to be with your sister forever.” He said, his tone lilting as he dangled the prospect over me.

I scoffed, “Yeah, an eternity as a toothless infant?” I asked.

He smiled at Mira, “It was her choice.” He said.

I looked from Him to her, seeing her nodding softly, a blush in her cheeks as she avoided eye contact with me.

Why?” I asked.

Tell her.” He softly urged Mira.

She sighed heavily, “Being big hurts.” she said, “I wanted Daddy to make me small but He couldn’t, but He could make it so I didn’t have anything big except my body.” she explained, her demeanor completely changed from the baby I’d just been holding on my lap to my older sister.

I looked at him in stunned silence.

Teeth, coordination, speech, mobility and toilet training, all gone with a snap of my finger.” He said, “She wanted to start over and I made it happen, so this is a celebration of her first birthday in the most literal sense possible.” He explained.

Oh, Mira.” I said softly, looking at her once more, “Baby, I’m so sorry.” I said, gently rubbing her back before I hugged her tightly.

I told you before, she’s happy and healthy and safe.” He said, “And you could be too.” He added. “You can be the big sister for real, choose what, if any, aspects of childhood you want returned to you and live with her and I, a happy family.” He explained.

We had a happy family.” I reminded him, glaring at him.

He nodded, “And for what it’s worth, I’m sorry I destroyed it.” He said, “I can’t give you that family back, unless Lucy agrees to join us, but since she wouldn’t even agree to join you in coming here, I don’t see that happening.” He pointed out, “The next best thing is a life with your sister being cared for and loved.” He added.

The smell of strawberries and powder faded, replaced with the earthy aroma of a soiled diaper and I sat numbly as Mira crawled off my lap and back to Him, giggling as He scooped her up and out of the ball pit, standing with her before He extended His hand to me, “She needs a change before cake and presents, this is where you make your choice, Ella.” He said, “Take my hand and join our family, or refuse and celebrate your sister’s birthday knowing that you won’t see her until the next one.” He added.

I looked up at His hand and then at His face, His expression devoid of anything but sincerity as He gently bounced Mira on His hip. I looked at Mira, her face bright with hope that I would take His hand and be with her forever. I rose to my knees and started to reach my hand out to place it in His when I saw Lucy walking over from the entrance and my mouth hung open as my eyes welled up with tears.

Sorry I’m late, traffic was a nightmare.” she joked as she walked up to the ball pit, “So, what’d I miss?” she asked, smiling at me and giving me a little wink.

He cleared His throat, “I was just offering Ella a place in my family so she could be with Mira forever.” He explained.

Lucy nodded, peering around Him to Mira, smiling as she reached out and playfully pinched her cheek, “Happy birthday, cutie!” she cooed.

Mira giggled, “Fank you, Wucy, I glad you came!” she said happily.

I’m glad I came too!” she said, turning her attention to me, “To make sure you stay out of trouble young lady.” she said, smiling down at me.

No trouble, just an offer of en eternity of happiness and whatever little trappings she may want.” He explained.

Lucy nodded as she listened to Him, “And what about me?” she asked Him, “Do I get an invite to Casa De Diablo?” she asked.

He smirked, “Do you want one?” He asked.

She slapped His back, “You kidder, do you really think I’d deprive these two adorable angels of a strong female influence in their afterlife?” she asked.

He chuckled, “So you’d be a Mommy to them?” He asked.

Darn straight!” she said, smiling at Mira and I as we giggled at her.

He nodded softly, “I do spend a lot of time on business trips, and Mira doesn’t seem to like the nannies I bring in.” He confessed.

Mira shuddered, “They scawy, Dada!” she exclaimed.

He sighed, “Alright, you’re invited into the family as well.” He said. He looked down at me and then to Lucy, “I trust you can handle her while I take care of Mira.” He said, looking from me to Lucy.

She smiled and knelt down, resting her arms on the cushiony wall and her chin on her arms, “What do you say, girly?” she asked, “Ready to stop playing pretend and get back to reality?” she asked me.

I chewed my lip softly and nodded as I rushed to her and threw my arms around her, giggling as she scooped me up into her arms and hugged me tightly, spinning us around in a circle before she set me down and kissed me deeply on the lips.

We’re going to have a long talk when we get home, young lady.” she said before kissing me once more as she took my hand in hers.

Yes, Mommy.” I agreed once our lips parted and she led me by the hand to follow Him to the bathroom.

Epilogue

Happy birthday, dear Ella, happy birthday to you!” Mommy and Daddy and Mira sang. I wiggled happily in my seat and clapped my hands when they finished, leaning forward and blowing out the candle on my cake.

Daddy turned the light on in the dining room as Mommy came over to take the cake to the side of the table to cut it up, pulling the little wax three from the cake and setting it onto a paper plate, “Did you make a wish, angel?” Daddy asked as He came over and kissed the top of my head.

I nodded, “I did, Daddy!” I told Him.

Time didn’t exist where we lived, but birthdays still happened. Mira had just turned two a short time ago, and as her big sister it was only natural that I’d be older, even if there wasn’t much difference between the two of us now apart from one little wax number that is.

Everything had changed after Mommy had put me back into diapers at Mira’s first birthday party, I’d told Daddy what I wanted for myself and He’d made it all happen with a snap of His finger. I no longer knew how to use the potty, I could walk if a grownup held my hand or I could stabilize myself with a piece of furniture, I kept my teeth and my ability to talk like an adult, but chose to talk like a baby more often than not. Mommy and I stopped working at D.E.A.T.H. entirely, but she kept in contact with her trainee, the buxom blonde I’d seen her with what felt like a lifetime ago, and told Mira and I bedtime stories about God and what had become of her.

It turned out that, the now former God, had obeyed me and crawled around the D.E.A.T.H. offices until she found someone that could help her get in touch with Heaven, when they did, a team of men showed up to pick her up and nobody really knew what happened to her, until a caseworker friend of Mommy’s started noticing an uptick in clients with claims of a baby that, either directly or indirectly, caused their deaths. Charlotte, as she was now known, was an infant bouncing from foster home to foster home, dropping bodies along the way. Daddy explained that He’d given little Charlotte just a tiny bit of power, enough that she could get herself into trouble, and the little firebrand didn’t disappoint.

Heaven was unwilling to put the infant to death outside of her scheduled expiration, which was a good ninety one years away, so they made a deal with Daddy, very hush hush given the nature of what was to happen, and turned a blind eye when little Charlotte suddenly vanished in the night, never to be seen or heard from again.

An ear piercing wail came from the living room, making all of us exchange knowing glances. Daddy excused Himself and left while Mommy sliced the cake.

Someone woke up and wanted to wish her big sister a happy birthday!” Daddy cooed as He held little Charlotte in His arms, rocking her gently as she sucked her fist and drooled.

Mommy hadn’t thought bringing Charlotte into our family was a good idea, but Daddy promised that He’d take full responsibility of her and hadn’t broken that promise yet.

Once Charlotte arrived, Daddy explained that He’d given her back her adult mind but hadn’t connected any of the wires, so she was basically a prisoner in her never to age infant body, and every time she cried or needed a clean diaper, I’d smile at her, knowing she was in Hell where she belonged, and not just Hell adjacent where our house was.

Alright, baby, here’s your cake.” Mommy said, sliding a paper plate onto the tray of my highchair, “And a bib to keep that pretty dress clean.” she added as she secured a bib around my neck and kissed the top of my head.

I watched her set a piece onto Mira’s highchair tray and smiled at my baby sister, “Thank you, Mommy.” I said, giggling when Mira smiled back at me, drooling onto her bib as she dug her hand into her slice of cake and smushed the fistful into her still toothless mouth. Not wanting to miss out, I copied Mira and we both giggled when we saw each other’s icing and cake smeared faces.

Looks like it’s bath time after presents.” Mommy said, smiling at us both.

Daddy’s watch beeped and He checked it, “Ooh, it’s time for someone’s baba!” He cooed at the squirming baby in His arms as He headed to the kitchen for a bottle of Mommy’s milk.

Did you have a good birthday, baby?” Mommy asked as she settled down between Mira and I in the crib.

I nodded softly and yawned as she opened her shirt and unhooked her bra so Mira and I could nurse before bed.

She sighed contentedly, “Y’know, when I died, I thought that was it for me, that I’d be four years old for eternity, destined to reaping kids until the end of the universe.” she said, stroking our hair softly as we suckled from her, “But then I met you and we had the strangest journey in existence, and all of it was worth it because I have the two most perfect babies in the entire span of human history forever and ever.” she said.

I looked over at Mira, her mouth working rhythmically but her eyes closed as she drifted off to sleep, and I pulled Mommy’s nipple from my mouth and scooted up to kiss her cheek, “How many more birthdays until I can kiss you for real?” I asked before latching onto her breast once more.

She sighed again and smiled, “Well, you’ve been a pretty good girl, so let’s see where we’re at next year.” she said, kissing the top of my head.

I wiggled happily, my punishment for hurting her had been a purely parental relationship until I could prove I’d learned my lesson about being open and honest about my feelings, and Charlottedamn was it hard not being with her, but I had her and Mira and yes, even Daddy, and everything was absolutely perfect.

With full tummies and pacifiers in our mouths, Mira and I cuddled in the crib as Mommy put up the side and crept out of the room. I watched the mobile overhead with drooping eyes, another yawn escaping me as my diaper warmed and turned my head to touch pacifier shields with Mira, “Love you, Miwa.” I whispered.

Mira stirred lightly, crinkled her nose and passed gas before going still again, “Wuv yoo, Ewwa.” she gurgled dreamily.

I sighed and smiled as I closed my eyes and drifted off to sleep, the life I’d always wanted had eluded me for so long that I never dreamed it would actually become a reality, but it did, it was mine and I wouldn’t change a single thing about it...maybe not having to spend the night cuddling a poopy baby, but even that was kind of great in its own way.

The End

• Like 3
  • TheUnknownAuthor changed the title to Cause Of Death: Embarrassment (Completed 11/4/22)

Wow. That was a ride!

I love how you lampshaded some common ABDL tropes in the beginning.  The twist in the first twist with God and Satan was solid.  I loved the bit of pronoun confusion and it gave the whole thing an air of cosmic horror.

Your handling of the characters was pretty strong.  I especially liked the fact that the (initial) antagonist wasn’t just a “bad bitch”, that she had character motivation.

I did notice we revisit the scene with Delilah a number of times and I thought that was a cool reflection of what must have been a harrowing experience for the protagonist.  I liked that.

My favourite part was after the deal with God was made, and the idyllic life was set up. Lots of feels.  Especially as we see Mira and Ella talk about their visions.

• Thanks 1

This turned into one of my favorite stories simply because it is so splendidly imaginative! I loved the characters and the Tilt-a-Wheel shaped plotlines: so much fun! Thank you!

• Thanks 1
On 11/5/2022 at 12:44 PM, Sissy Becky said:

Wow. That was a ride!

I love how you lampshaded some common ABDL tropes in the beginning.  The twist in the first twist with God and Satan was solid.  I loved the bit of pronoun confusion and it gave the whole thing an air of cosmic horror.

Your handling of the characters was pretty strong.  I especially liked the fact that the (initial) antagonist wasn’t just a “bad bitch”, that she had character motivation.

I did notice we revisit the scene with Delilah a number of times and I thought that was a cool reflection of what must have been a harrowing experience for the protagonist.  I liked that.

My favourite part was after the deal with God was made, and the idyllic life was set up. Lots of feels.  Especially as we see Mira and Ella talk about their visions.

As is the case with most of my stories, because I'm a dumb and don't plan anything out, I started with a concept, people arriving at D.E.A.T.H. after ABDL related circumstances led to their demise and realized pretty quickly that that isn't a story, so I started expanding the scope and did a whole bunch of stuff really quickly that thankfully mostly worked out. I think I rushed the story a bit to make that change, but I'm overall pleased with the end result.

Delilah and Ella was a big thing for me and I wanted it to be as much of an emotional core as Ella and Mira's relationship was. Ultimately, I wanted the story to be driven more by relationships than anything else, and I think I did that to a point, but again, rushing things waters that down a bit.

The vision thing was originally going to be a chapter focused on each character and what they saw, "The best day I never had" being the life they missed out on because they died, it was all SUPER heavy and changed the tone of things so dramatically that I scrapped the majority of it in favor of touching on it briefly because I did genuinely love the idea, but overall I didn't want to bum everyone out super hard. I will say that Lucy's vision legit gutted me because she died so young and missed out on so much, but Mira's vision was equally rough because it showed us that she loved her sister but couldn't articulate it because she couldn't get past her own hangups.

At the end of the day, I think this is a solid story that accomplished a fair amount of my original vision for it, and the things that came later in the process, like God and Satan turned out to be really fun to write...aside from remembering to capitalize their pronouns...and the final chapter's bit with Satan being a great father to Mira was hands down the best thing to write in this story.

I'm very happy you liked the story and greatly appreciate you sharing your thoughts with me! I'm sorry it took so long to respond, that's my problem and I'm dealing with it. :)

On 11/7/2022 at 2:55 PM, kerry said:

This turned into one of my favorite stories simply because it is so splendidly imaginative! I loved the characters and the Tilt-a-Wheel shaped plotlines: so much fun! Thank you!

Thank you for hanging in there and sticking with it, I'm glad it turned out to be so enjoyable for you to read! :D

On 11/10/2022 at 8:23 AM, TheUnknownAuthor said:

'm very happy you liked the story and greatly appreciate you sharing your thoughts with me! I'm sorry it took so long to respond, that's my problem and I'm dealing with it. :)

No problem. We all have lives, and sometimes stuff happens.  It’s cool to see your process and thinking, thanks for sharing!  

• Thanks 1