LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

GatorZ vs Mermaids vs MegaMax

So I laid out the "Super Diapers" that I currently have.   I haven't had a chance to try out the ABU Alpha GatorZ or the Rearz Mermaid Tails yet. I  have used and love the Northshore Care MegaMax diapers. 

The Mermaids, as can be seen,  are thicker than both the GatorZ and MegaMax diapers.  They also weigh.  Three Alpha GatorZ diapers weigh 1lb 5.7 oz. Three MegaMax diapers weight 1lb 6.9 oz. Three Mermaid ?‍♀️ diapers weigh 1lb 11.8 oz.

we'll see how they perform.   I'm thinking that I'm really going to like these Mermaid Tails and the GatorZ diapers. 20220706_170027.jpg20220706_170511.jpg20220706_170311.jpg20220706_170415.jpg

Interesting comparison, thanks @Spanky! I have both Mermaid Tales and Alphagatorz in my inventory, and I spent about 18 hours in an Alpha yesterday. They're a great diaper, by the way - I detailed elsewhere they they aren't just a "novelty diaper", despite looking like a previous-gen Pampers Cruiser. My experience with replica diapers had been that they look great but perform poorly, however the Alpha is very comfortable, holds a lot, and resists leaking. They so swell up somewhat notably, but for the capacity, that's to be expected. I was really active in it, too, installing toe kicks and pulls in my kitchen, crawling around on the floor, up - down - up - down. The diaper had no problem with that level of activity, the stuffing didn't shift around, and the leg elastics remained intact and comfortable. 

I haven't directly compared them to a Mermaid Tale back to back, as you intend to do, but I have Mermaid Tales in my inventory and have worn them several times now. The fasteners are great on them, which is also the case for the Apha's. I have worn a Mermaid Tale for as long as 24 hours on one occasion, although the caveat with that is, you can't have anywhere to go, because once they get past the halfway point, they swell up magnificently and you will look like you are smuggling a dead badger in your trousers. I can easily get 18 hours out of one, though. They both fall into the category of Super Diapers for sure. The Tales cost less in Canada, however. 

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Little Sherri said:

Interesting comparison, thanks @Spanky! I have both Mermaid Tales and Alphagatorz in my inventory, and I spent about 18 hours in an Alpha yesterday. They're a great diaper, by the way - I detailed elsewhere they they aren't just a "novelty diaper", despite looking like a previous-gen Pampers Cruiser. My experience with replica diapers had been that they look great but perform poorly, however the Alpha is very comfortable, holds a lot, and resists leaking. They so swell up somewhat notably, but for the capacity, that's to be expected. I was really active in it, too, installing toe kicks and pulls in my kitchen, crawling around on the floor, up - down - up - down. The diaper had no problem with that level of activity, the stuffing didn't shift around, and the leg elastics remained intact and comfortable. 

I haven't directly compared them to a Mermaid Tale back to back, as you intend to do, but I have Mermaid Tales in my inventory and have worn them several times now. The fasteners are great on them, which is also the case for the Apha's. I have worn a Mermaid Tale for as long as 24 hours on one occasion, although the caveat with that is, you can't have anywhere to go, because once they get past the halfway point, they swell up magnificently and you will look like you are smuggling a dead badger in your trousers. I can easily get 18 hours out of one, though. They both fall into the category of Super Diapers for sure. The Tales cost less in Canada, however. 

They definitely are not just a novelty,  they are definitely a real diaper.   The padding in the Alpha GatorZ does hold up very well.   They are a very comfortable diaper.  They fit me well and the velcro tapes hold strong.  

Tomorrow morning,  I'll put on a Mermaid Tales ?‍♀️ and give it a try. 

It truly amazes me that one lasted 24 hours for you and that a GatorZ lasted 18.  

• Like 1
18 hours ago, Spanky said:

It truly amazes me that one lasted 24 hours for you and that a GatorZ lasted 18.  

I would add an asterisk in that while I always sleep in diapers, I often wake up dry, or at least, not any wetter than I was when I went to bed. So, a diaper might start its shift on me at 10 PM, but not really get used very much in the first 10 hours or so on me. I also generally do not use my diapers for #2, meaning, first of all, that I don't have to walk around with a load on board for several hours (I always change right away when that happens, which, as I said, is rare in any case), and, second, when I sit down to do #2 on the potty, some #1 inevitably occurs too. So not every drop of fluid that comes out of me necessarily tasks my diaper. Hence I can get 14 or more hours out of the diaper I went to bed in, but the next one might only last me 8 hours, because I was awake and using it the whole time. So that 24 hour Mermaid Tale that I wore from bedtime to bedtime might have been seeing regular use for only 14 or 16 of those 24 hours. Still, they're an impressive product. 

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Little Sherri said:

I would add an asterisk in that while I always sleep in diapers, I often wake up dry, or at least, not any wetter than I was when I went to bed. So, a diaper might start its shift on me at 10 PM, but not really get used very much in the first 10 hours or so on me. I also generally do not use my diapers for #2, meaning, first of all, that I don't have to walk around with a load on board for several hours (I always change right away when that happens, which, as I said, is rare in any case), and, second, when I sit down to do #2 on the potty, some #1 inevitably occurs too. So not every drop of fluid that comes out of me necessarily tasks my diaper. Hence I can get 14 or more hours out of the diaper I went to bed in, but the next one might only last me 8 hours, because I was awake and using it the whole time. So that 24 hour Mermaid Tale that I wore from bedtime to bedtime might have been seeing regular use for only 14 or 16 of those 24 hours. Still, they're an impressive product. 

That's still very impressive.  I was wondering if you went #2 in your diaper and wore it 18-24 hours.  That would take a lot of diaper cream to prevent diaper rash.

I  came home from work this morning and put on my Rearz Mermaid Tales ?‍♀️ diaper.  I  had to pee when I put it on, so I  wet it right away.   I then had a few adult beverages, wet it a few more times and then went to bed. 

I've been in it close to 10 hours now.  I've wet it multiple times and messed it with a big load.  

This diaper is truly amazing.   I love the feel of the plastic.  It feels amazing.  It's soaked, but hasn't leaked yet.

The Mermaid Tales is a crinkly diaper, like a lot of Rearz diapers.  People will hear your diaper as you walk, if you wear it out.

Capacity is right up there with MegaMax,  if not better than MegaMax. 

These may just be my favorite diapers now.  I'm going to see how much more this diaper can take before it leaks.

• Like 1