LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Best Diet Ideas for Softly Firm Poops?

I have been following the 12 month diaper training program to see if it helped out my IBS, which it has for the most part. The pain is WAY DOWN, but pooping in my diaper I think has helped with that too. I don't even bother holding it so that helps the pain, not that I really have a choice, but it helps. I am still dealing with Diarrhea and Constipation at times though. What suggestions does anyone have for healthy poops that fill your diapers 2-3 times a day? I have hit or miss days now. Would like something mushy. Soft, but not too soft. Firm, but not too firm.

Here is the diet for reference. Plus I have different things for dinner, and haven't had Watermelon because it's not in season right now for me.

When you wake up:
• In addition to your regular breakfast, you should
• Drink coffee, tea, or something with caffeine.
• Drink at least 8oz of water
• Eat a bran or oat based cereal (oatmeal with brown sugar is the best bet)
• Eat an apple

For a snack:
• Have yogurt, this will keep your bowels regular and will actually make your b.m. smell less.
Drink another 8oz of water.

For Lunch:
• In addition to your regular lunch, eat a banana and a handful of almonds. (Almonds will help your bowels-- and for men, almonds contain arginine, an antioxidant that will help your testicles and willy handle the heat of being wrapped in a diaper all the time.
• A glass of cranberry juice.
• Drink another 8oz of water.

For a snack
• Drink a cup of catnip tea with honey. This will relax your bladder muscle and make it harder to hold your urine.
• A handful of blackberries

For Dinner
• In addition to your regular Dinner, eat something with soy in it (tofu or soybean oil) or one teaspoon of olive oil.

2 hours before bed

Before you lay down to sleep:
• Have a bowl of watermelon. Watermelon is water in reserve, that is, it digests and provides more liquid to be evacuated. It is also a diuretic.

You should avoid:

• Extra salt

• Red meat

• Cotton seed oil

• Too much junk food (Twinkies, soda pop, candy bars)

• White bread

• McDonalds Milkshakes

• Antihistamines containing Diphenhydramine HCL

• Beer before bedtime

-  Foods with MSG (oodles of noodles, Doritos, etc)

• Painkillers (to a point, if you have a headache, try water first)

• Laxatives

• Diet soda or anything containing aspartame

• Gatorade

• Cigarettes (if you can’t or won’t quit, it isn’t detrimental, but it will be a lot easier if you do!)

You should start eating:

• Apples

• Bananas

• Drink Pedialyte or an electrolyte solution (for hot days)

• Dark Chocolate (not the milk chocolate, the real stuff)

• Bran cereal or oat cereal (cheerios or frosted mini wheats)

• Yogurt

• Olive oil

• Blackberries (you can buy these frozen in bags at the local supermarket) and fresh strawberries

• Cranberry juice

• Wheat bread

• Herbal tea (specifically catnip—not catmint)

• WATERMELON (this is an absolute necessity for the bedwetting portion)

• Water, water, water!

• Honey

• Almonds (especially men)

• Zinc supplement

6 hours ago, Whatsthatsmell said:

Add 3 doses of psyllium fiber a day 

Three times a day? 2 Tablespoons each time? I am 200-220 pounds as a reference. Would this increase the frequency of poops? I am hoping to have fewer but more voluminous poops. Today I am on my third poop and I've been awake for only 5 hours.

Your best bet to decrease frequency and increase volume  is to use a fiber supplement all at once at the same time everyday so instead of 3 X’s a day do three glasses back to back at same time . Also when you have diarrhea cut back a bit on water when doing the fiber to make your stool firmer .

normaly the body runs the bowels automatically based on fiber and water balance . When your default balance of your body is impaired you have the fun stuff like IBS C/D if your fluid loading daily and have diarrhea Add fiber and decrease water if constipated decrease fiber increase water . Youvwill not have immediate or consistent control as a healthy body does , however thru experimentation and trial and error you can find a sorta happy balance , I say “sorta” because we can’t control the amount of water taken in by routine food in an average diet that’s up to the food and your body , however using fiber and water supplementation as part of your diet , can meaningfully contribute to balancing those that influence your bowels function . That said a word of caution too much fiber to quickly and insufficient water can be a hellish experience of impaction requiring anesthesia and manual disempaction by a colon rectal doctor , so start low and go slow when building up your fiber , don’t just start pounding big doses build up gradually . I am not a doctor , I don’t play one on TV nor have I stayed at a certain hotel chain last night , this is just general rule of thumb stuff we know about how the body functions , YMMV .

• Thanks 1

K thanks y’all! Had a bad day today (too many dirty diapers/ BM frequency) and I was blaming it on the Metamucil last night when my wife so kindly reminded me of eating ice cream with my kids. I took six lactaid pills! Ugh. Either way, I’ll try and just load in the morning; increasing the pills as needed. 

Taking lactaid when your already paying the consequences is a waste , think of lactaid like a diabetic who is insulin dependent does insulin ( lactaid is an enzyme and insulin is a hormone) but I think you get the idea preexposure prevention .

but I do appreciate you lactose intolerant peeps , I take a medication derived from the lactose you guys are trying to avoid , I actually take it to prohibit my body from retaining stool, your side effect is my required effect . My aide who gives it to me and changes me , is actually lactose intolerant herself, so she has a healthy respect for the syrup she gives me before every meal.

• Like 1