LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Is this stress and/or OAB?

I know this is in Incon-Desires, but I'm wondering whether what I've been experiencing the past few days, and last night in particular, stress and/or OAB.  

Last night and this morning has me rattled a bit.

I've mentioned in other threads recently that I've been experiencing bladder flutters and very weak sphincter response this past week or so.  The past few days however have been quite surreal, in that my bladder has been voiding very frequently (like about every 5 minutes or more) and in very small amounts.  There's been very little to no response from the sphincter (I had been normally having a sphincter contraction at the point of void, eliciting a "no, gotta stop this contraction, so relax and let the wet happen").  

When my bowel moves a stool along past the bladder, I'll get a bladder voiding. Yesterday, I was patting my stomach, which would elicit bladder voiding.  Moving around bed would eventually elicit bladder voiding a few seconds later.  

Then came last night.  My bladder didn't stop, all night, and I've had a mild tummy ache to go along with it.  Little releases, which I could start to push to turn into larger releases really really easily, or just movement when the release happened turned into larger releases.  This morning, it started voiding and seemingly didn't stop for 5 mintues or so (a very slow but fairly constant flood).  I got no sleep, due to the voids and sensations.  Where does all this pee come from?

The sensations down there have been very strange.  I've very little control at the moment of my sphincter.  So a bit of a flutter, a bit of queasiness, and a bladder void happens. If this behaviour is beyond the "line of no control" then I'm in.  If anything, it's a peak over the crest of the hill, and I have a new appreciation for bladder incontinence sufferers.

But the speed of this happening, the queasiness, the lack of sleep, all has me concerned enough that I'm considering heading off to my GP.  The above has followed on from weeks of a really bad lower back ache, with random pains in my legs, along with arthritis in my hips and knees.  Some online research this morning has me thinking sacral nerve damage - the symptoms fit my experience, but this would need to be confirmed.

I'm tired, very thickly nappy-protected (am wearing a Tykables Camelot with 70x70 folded cloth nappy pad insert, with a Rearz prefold covering the Tykables nappy, inside plastic pants - I added the Rearz pre-fold outer at 3am this morning), and am curious as to what the day today brings.  

I'd possibly be looking at getting myself off the a Dr to rule out some kind of kidney action going on.  I know it's often confused with back pain and I suspect I've had some low level kidney grumbling here and there (manifesting as bouts of back pain that don't seem to relate to physical activity and self-cure after a few days).  I've wondered if we've developed incomplete voiding to the point whereby things can back up the line a bit.  I always thought sacral nerve damage was a product of physical trauma (not that I've had cause to investigate admittedly).

36 minutes ago, oznl said:

I'd possibly be looking at getting myself off the a Dr to rule out some kind of kidney action going on.  I know it's often confused with back pain and I suspect I've had some low level kidney grumbling here and there (manifesting as bouts of back pain that don't seem to relate to physical activity and self-cure after a few days).  I've wondered if we've developed incomplete voiding to the point whereby things can back up the line a bit.  I always thought sacral nerve damage was a product of physical trauma (not that I've had cause to investigate admittedly).

i've had very low back pain, in line with my hips.  Not further up my back around the level of the kidneys.  I've also got osteoporosis in my hips and knees (thanks mum), so it's not infeasible that the osteoporosis is contributing to the back pain and potential degeneration of the sacral nerve bundle there.  But we're speculating here, and only a trip to the doc would confirm the theory.

Related to this continued weak sphincter muscle response, I reckon I've definitely got  stress IC at least.  Bending over, having stool move around past my bladder, coughing, sneezing, all result in minor releases, with minimal sphincter response (though coughing does get the sphincter moving at least I've been feeling).  

In the middle of changes, when I've just taken my old nappy off, and cleaning myself up, I've had wee trickle down my legs and pool on the bathroom floor.  The sensation of wetting uncontrollably down one's legs is surreal, strange, a bit naughty. 

For the past three weeks, I've settled on using a combination of both terry cloth and flannel cloth flat baby nappies as a soaker pad inside a BetterDry or Rearz Incontrol or Tykables 7000ml disposable, and plastic pants.  It's a thick combo, lots of padding down there, and very soft. 

So after I've cleaned up the flats, a scrub down my legs and tush with a warm terry cloth flat is _heavenly_.  

But these leaks outside of nappies probably means one thing - I can't be trusted to remain clean if not wearing a nappy now....