LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

ABU “Cloth Backed Cushies” Are Back!

Over 5 years ago, our friends at Abuniverse discontinued one of the most fun lines of ABDL diapers ever, “Cloth Backed Cushies”. Featuring the all-over print of stars and sailboats of their normal plastic “Cushies” line, they were cloth backed and had 2 large hook-and-loop tapes. They were the closest thing I’ve ever seen to the modern generation of baby disposables, and I was seriously bummed when they stopped selling them.

It is my pleasure to announce that they are back! At least a modernized more absorbent version is, I can’t wait to try them!

• Like 1
3 hours ago, CodHero24 said:

How does the Sizing Run for ABU diapers?

I wear a Large Betterdry.

I’m afraid I do not know. I have not tried Betterdry, and, with a 34” waist, I wear medium in just about everything. Check out ABU’s website, look for the colored letter blocks at the bottom of the product page. Be aware that their current batch of diapers are running small, they have a warning about it...

• Like 1
4 hours ago, BabyBear85 said:

Just got a bag of these myself. Happy to report they are very comfy!! 

Nice! I’d love to hear how you like them overall, performance and such, once you’ve tried a few!

I just want to put it out there that I have no affiliation with ABUniverse, I’m just a fan of some of their products. SDK’s are a favorite, I also like Kiddos and regular Cushies (these three are essentially the same diaper with different decoration). It annoys me that more of the ABDL companies (Rearz, Bambino, Tykables, etc) don’t do 2 tape diapers, and to my knowledge no one other than ABU does cloth backed with hook and loop (a lot of one and not the other, like no baby diaper ever)...

And yes, I know Rearz recently started offering a plain white 2 tape... doesn’t count, it’s plain white...

@Sir Stinkypants I wore a Cushie for a few hours today. It held up fine in terms of absorbency, but the fit was a little strange. The with only two tapes, the waistband was a bit ineffective. The hook and loop feature is nice to be able to make adjustments, but I see why most manufacturers use 4 tapes. 

2 tapes are great in theory, but a little impractical at the end of the day. Still, wearing these under a pair of pants, underwear, or with a onesie (something to hold them in place) is a very comfy endeavor. Definitely worth a try ?

• Thanks 1
48 minutes ago, BabyBear85 said:

@Sir Stinkypants I wore a Cushie for a few hours today. It held up fine in terms of absorbency, but the fit was a little strange. The with only two tapes, the waistband was a bit ineffective. The hook and loop feature is nice to be able to make adjustments, but I see why most manufacturers use 4 tapes. 

2 tapes are great in theory, but a little impractical at the end of the day. Still, wearing these under a pair of pants, underwear, or with a onesie (something to hold them in place) is a very comfy endeavor. Definitely worth a try ?

I like the two tape fit myself, but I may have a different body shape that works better for it. My favorite diapers in recent times are ABU’s Super Dry Kids, which are also two tape. According to ABU’s website, the current batch of all of their 2 tape stuff is strange: the tapes are lower than normal, which could explain your waistband issue. I have some of the weird fitting SDK’s now, I know what you mean...