LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Public spanking

BabyBear85

8 hours ago, Cushy Tushy said:

I was born in the late 70's and by the time I was 3 years old the decade turned to the 80's. I remember in the earlier years if I got out of line I would get a swat on the bottom or a spanking, but as time went on that quickly changed to time outs.  Never did I get a spanking in public though. 

Time outs don't always work.   Sometimes you need to lite that Tushy up.

• Haha 1
17 hours ago, Spanky said:

Time outs don't always work.   Sometimes you need to lite that Tushy up.

I agree that some behaviors warrant a spankings others do not. I don't believe in public spanking though. 

12 hours ago, Cushy Tushy said:

I agree that some behaviors warrant a spankings others do not. I don't believe in public spanking though. 

Growing up in the early 70s,  spankings were common and given wherever they were needed.   If out in public,  it was usually just a few quick whacks.  If I continued to misbehave, or was really bad, then there was a trip to the restroom or out to the car for a really good spanking. 

• Like 1
19 hours ago, Spanky said:

Growing up in the early 70s,  spankings were common and given wherever they were needed.   If out in public,  it was usually just a few quick whacks.  If I continued to misbehave, or was really bad, then there was a trip to the restroom or out to the car for a really good spanking. 

You are the same age as I am as I will be turning 51 on December 6th. I know full well of what you are referring to. Spankings were the "IT" thing when I was growing up. If I dare get out of line at home or threw a tantrum it was bare bottom over the knee spanking. Mom was way worse than Dad. Dad rarely did it. Out in public like you said @Spanky if I would get out of line I would get a good whack on my bottom to let me know they had enough. If I continued with the behavior it was taken by the hand and led to the closest rest room and the same thing that went on at home would happen. I experienced many inflamed bottom during those years and I survived. 

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
On 10/29/2021 at 7:46 AM, 1950potty said:

I was a child in the 1950s and kids being spanked in public was an everyday thing (and I mean everyday).  I was a spanker by the 70s and I tried not to spank in public.  Except for a warning swat or two.  Attitudes were changing in that time.  But in 1970s misbehave and I wouldn't hesitate to tan their hide in private.  In a store all I'd have to say was "Do you want me to take you to the car?"  We kept a paddle in the car and it was frequently used.

It was pretty common back in the day. I think the shame of having it done to me in public was more hurtful than the spankings.

• Like 1
On 12/22/2021 at 4:08 PM, rubbersheetmike said:

It was pretty common back in the day. I think the shame of having it done to me in public was more hurtful than the spankings.

Yeah.  That walk of shame,  being lead to the restroom for a good spanking,  especially in a restaurant,  was pretty bad, too. And then walking back to the table after getting the spanking.   It felt like everyone was watching you being walked to the restroom and walked back and they knew why.

On 12/27/2021 at 2:13 PM, Spanky said:

Yeah.  That walk of shame,  being lead to the restroom for a good spanking,  especially in a restaurant,  was pretty bad, too. And then walking back to the table after getting the spanking.   It felt like everyone was watching you being walked to the restroom and walked back and they knew why.

Yes and you could tell by the parent's look and the firm grasp on the wrist waht wa about to happen.   And sometimes by the child pleading not to be spanked.

• Like 1
On 12/27/2021 at 3:13 PM, Spanky said:

My father didnt usually get angry enough to do it in public. But I still remember the few times that he did. My mother tended to stick with a couple swift slaps when she lost her temper. My father's punishment was less common but more severe so that trip to the restroom wasn't a pleasant experience.

• Like 1