LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

A memory from childhood that I regret my not accepting the offer.

JP403

I remember having a sleepover at my friends house when I was like 4 or 5 and I remember my friend was getting a pull up and putting it on to wear to bed and I remember my friend saying "you can have a pull up" and I remember I declined the offer and now that I look back, I regret not accepting that offer but again that was a handful of years because I had an interest in diapers. Has anyone else had a memory in childhood similar to mine to a certain extent that you regret not accepting an offer or vice versa?

• Like 1

I remember being around the same age, I know this due to the fact I was unable to talk until I was 5. I wanted to sleep on the chair with my mother and she telling me to go to the toilet because she did not want me to have accident on her again (Come to think of it, I may have been younger). I indicated no, so she said if I did not then she would get my dad to go across the road to the shop and buy me some nappies, at which point I went to the toilet. Looking back I should have kept of shacking my head ?

• Like 2
5 hours ago, DiaperDean said:

I remember being around the same age, I know this due to the fact I was unable to talk until I was 5. I wanted to sleep on the chair with my mother and she telling me to go to the toilet because she did not want me to have accident on her again (Come to think of it, I may have been younger). I indicated no, so she said if I did not then she would get my dad to go across the road to the shop and buy me some nappies, at which point I went to the toilet. Looking back I should have kept of shacking my head ?

How come you couldn't talk until you were 5 years old buddy?? Also, did you like being non-verbal??

It is true that I had no contact with diapers in my childhood. I had a similar situation with tights. Tights were very popular with children during my childhood. Boys and girls wore them commonly. Me too. 

From early fall to late spring i very often wear tights alway under my pants. I never wear them without pants. My parents and grandpartens always want me to wear only tights in home from simple reason. Tights are most cheaper and easy to fix than pants. In Poland, tights were used as home play clothing. I never wanted to wear them, but I always felt this strange feeling that deep down I like them. Probably most of you had the same thing with diapers. 

Once, when I was visiting friends with my parents, I had a situation. Friends had a son my age. Of course, there was an invitation to play together. Unfortunately, but I am wearing nice clothes that I can not get dirty. Back then, all the best fun was on the floor. I was told I could play but I have to take my pants off first so I don't get them dirty and play in my tights. My friends' son had Sweat pants. I was ashamed and refused. Later I regretted not agreeing. It was an interesting period. All the boys wore tights, and everyone was teasing themselves about it.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, BabySpiderBoy said:

How come you couldn't talk until you were 5 years old buddy?? Also, did you like being non-verbal??

I do not really recall that time in my life, but from what I am told I hated it. The frustration of not being heard or understood. I still get moment like this where my speech is bad and other do not understand me, usually someone will pipe up who understood me and then speak for me. 

From what I can understand it is all linked to my learning disabilities, dyslexia and dypraxia. These plus other learning disabilities where brought on by a lack of oxygen to the brain before I was born. It is like the wires that connect my brain, voice box and mouth are all twisted. If you get me...

• Like 2
1 hour ago, DiaperDean said:

I do not really recall that time in my life, but from what I am told I hated it. The frustration of not being heard or understood. I still get moment like this where my speech is bad and other do not understand me, usually someone will pipe up who understood me and then speak for me. 

From what I can understand it is all linked to my learning disabilities, dyslexia and dypraxia. These plus other learning disabilities where brought on by a lack of oxygen to the brain before I was born. It is like the wires that connect my brain, voice box and mouth are all twisted. If you get me...

Yeah, I can understand buddy. I used to have social anxiety really bad when I was a kid and I would stutter a lot. And I also used to get really upset. But what I've learned in life is, that it takes two people to create a misunderstanding. So my point is don't feel bad buddy. I'm sure you talk fine and I bet you're a lot better at it then you used to be, so that's something to be proud of. And if you keep failing try and try and try again. So what if nobody can understand you?! You can't control what other people do, you can only control what you do. Besides I'm sure you were really cute back then.? I definitely would have held you!? LOL!??❤️ I actually have a "in real life friend" that has a really bad speech impediment and he stutters a lot, and a lot of people can't understand him but I've been around him so much in my life that I can understand him no problem. I actually use to have speech therapy when I was a little kid, so I know what it's like to be misunderstood. So I just want you to know that I don't care how you talk. *BIG HUGS!*☺️???????❤️?❤️??❤️

• Like 3

This isn't a memory from childhood, but I had a buddy's kids staying over with us for a week, years ago, when my kids were young, and their younger daughter wore pull-ups at night, as did mine. One of the nights when they were all getting ready for bed, his older daughter, who would have been about 10 at the time, asked me if she could also wear a pull-up, but I only had a couple left in the package, and, I knew that she didn't really need them. So I said no, otherwise I won't have any left for the younger kids for tomorrow night (their last night staying over). 

On another occasion, we were staying at waterpark, and, again I was dolling out Goodnites for the younger kids after dinner, and again, she asked me if she could have one, and, again, I had only brought four with me (we were there two nights), so, again, I said, that I didn't have enough. But I was kicking myself for not bringing more, because I should have remembered what happened the last time they'd stayed with us. 

I felt bad about both incidents afterwards, thinking about how I had felt at that age, and how much courage it probably took to go ask her dad's friend if she could wear a pull-up. It would not have been a big deal for me to go out and get more of them - I had to, eventually, anyway, so it would only have advanced the shopping schedule by a day.

One thing I did do was ask her dad if it would be okay to give her one next time, if she asked, and he said sure, she doesn't need them, but if she feels like it makes her fit in or whatever, it's fine. That ended up having repercussions for her younger sister, because the next time they stayed over, I proactively offered her one, and she seemed really pleased to be included, but then when I went to get them, I realized I needed three, and only had two in inventory, so i took a Pampers size 7 and fixed the sides together right at the edges, and gave it to her younger sister to use as a "pull-up". After that, I started buying Goodnites in cases rather than the bags. Never again would I let myself run short!

In terms of my own experiences, there were a lot of sleepover invitations that I turned down as a kid, and a couple of sleepovers where I had my mom get me dressed for bed (with a diaper on under my PJ's) a LONG time before anyone was planning to go to bed, because I was too concerned about my friends' (our cousins') moms knowing that I wore diapers, or having to help me with them, or whatever. So instead my solution was to show up at 2 in the afternoon already in my pajamas - nothing weird about that... with hindsight, I wish that I had been more open to those invitations when they came, and, had been more open to the idea of other people knowing that I wore diapers to bed. Although I somewhat blame my sister, because she used to ask me questions like "How are you gonna hide your Pampers at a sleepover?" Which, needless to say, tended to erode my confidence. 

Once we got invited to stay at the cottage of our neighbours at our cottage - may parents were up there for a week, and we played with their daughter and her friend in the lake and had a great time, and her parents were staying up for an extra week, and asked if we wanted to stay with them. I was reluctant at first, but was coming around to the idea, but then we had to go to the local grocery store for more supplies, and they didn't have the diapers that I wore in stock, only some other ones that, to me, seemed a LOT more babyish, although I was wearing Pampers, so really, I don't know that there was much difference, but in my head when I was 7 or whatever, it seemed like a huge difference, like the difference between boys and girls underwear, something like that - maybe they had a print on the front or whatever. Anyway, we bought them, but I chickened out at the last minute and went home with my parents, while my brother and sister stayed up there and spent the week swimming in the lake and having bonfires. Again, in retrospect, I wish I had just agreed to wear the "weird" diapers and had stayed and enjoyed myself. 

• Like 3
4 hours ago, Little Sherri said:

So instead my solution was to show up at 2 in the afternoon already in my pajamas - nothing weird about that...

Wow. Nobody ever suspected anything? Nobody saw your diaper under your pajama pants? What kind of diaper it was taped or pull ups? Waht if you must go use bathroom when you wearning or change your diaper? 

My parents did not allow me to wear my pajamas for a long time so as not to get it dirty. I alwyes must chenge in to my home clothing soon as posiible when I wake. After a bath i must go directly to my bed. No play in pajamas before or after sleep. 

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Little Sherri said:

This isn't a memory from childhood, but I had a buddy's kids staying over with us for a week, years ago, when my kids were young, and their younger daughter wore pull-ups at night, as did mine. One of the nights when they were all getting ready for bed, his older daughter, who would have been about 10 at the time, asked me if she could also wear a pull-up, but I only had a couple left in the package, and, I knew that she didn't really need them. So I said no, otherwise I won't have any left for the younger kids for tomorrow night (their last night staying over). 

On another occasion, we were staying at waterpark, and, again I was dolling out Goodnites for the younger kids after dinner, and again, she asked me if she could have one, and, again, I had only brought four with me (we were there two nights), so, again, I said, that I didn't have enough. But I was kicking myself for not bringing more, because I should have remembered what happened the last time they'd stayed with us. 

I felt bad about both incidents afterwards, thinking about how I had felt at that age, and how much courage it probably took to go ask her dad's friend if she could wear a pull-up. It would not have been a big deal for me to go out and get more of them - I had to, eventually, anyway, so it would only have advanced the shopping schedule by a day.

One thing I did do was ask her dad if it would be okay to give her one next time, if she asked, and he said sure, she doesn't need them, but if she feels like it makes her fit in or whatever, it's fine. That ended up having repercussions for her younger sister, because the next time they stayed over, I proactively offered her one, and she seemed really pleased to be included, but then when I went to get them, I realized I needed three, and only had two in inventory, so i took a Pampers size 7 and fixed the sides together right at the edges, and gave it to her younger sister to use as a "pull-up". After that, I started buying Goodnites in cases rather than the bags. Never again would I let myself run short!

In terms of my own experiences, there were a lot of sleepover invitations that I turned down as a kid, and a couple of sleepovers where I had my mom get me dressed for bed (with a diaper on under my PJ's) a LONG time before anyone was planning to go to bed, because I was too concerned about my friends' (our cousins') moms knowing that I wore diapers, or having to help me with them, or whatever. So instead my solution was to show up at 2 in the afternoon already in my pajamas - nothing weird about that... with hindsight, I wish that I had been more open to those invitations when they came, and, had been more open to the idea of other people knowing that I wore diapers to bed. Although I somewhat blame my sister, because she used to ask me questions like "How are you gonna hide your Pampers at a sleepover?" Which, needless to say, tended to erode my confidence. 

Once we got invited to stay at the cottage of our neighbours at our cottage - may parents were up there for a week, and we played with their daughter and her friend in the lake and had a great time, and her parents were staying up for an extra week, and asked if we wanted to stay with them. I was reluctant at first, but was coming around to the idea, but then we had to go to the local grocery store for more supplies, and they didn't have the diapers that I wore in stock, only some other ones that, to me, seemed a LOT more babyish, although I was wearing Pampers, so really, I don't know that there was much difference, but in my head when I was 7 or whatever, it seemed like a huge difference, like the difference between boys and girls underwear, something like that - maybe they had a print on the front or whatever. Anyway, we bought them, but I chickened out at the last minute and went home with my parents, while my brother and sister stayed up there and spent the week swimming in the lake and having bonfires. Again, in retrospect, I wish I had just agreed to wear the "weird" diapers and had stayed and enjoyed myself. 

Man, I totally understand that. I used to be the exact same way as a kid. I didn't like getting out and socializing with people and I often turned down fun activities because I wanted to stay in my room and play video games. So I completely get being mad at yourself for doing stuff like that. Especially cause you're only 7 once.?? A perfect example of youth being wasted on the young, But it's not their fault. That's kinda why I wish could go back and relive those years. I always struggled with weight as a kid, so I never really fit into Pampers when I should've been able to. And I never got to wear little clothes for the same reason. But hey, that's probably why I'm AB/DL anyway. LOL!?? Sometimes I think to myself, why does life have to be SO GOD DAMN DIFFICULT?!???????

• Like 2
21 hours ago, DiaperDean said:

imagine if you did wow

• Like 1
9 hours ago, Brajan32 said:

Wow. Nobody ever suspected anything? Nobody saw your diaper under your pajama pants? What kind of diaper it was taped or pull ups? Waht if you must go use bathroom when you wearning or change your diaper? 

This was in the early to mid 1980's so, as far as I know, there were no pull-ups on the market. I remember at some point one of the manufacturers introduced "baby pants", which were basically pull-on diapers - I think it was Luv's. But they were aimed at actual babies and came in small sizes and wouldn't fit on me. My parents relied on the fact that kids grow more up than out in the first 10 years or so - my legs doubled in length but my waist size only went up by a few inches, so the largest toddler Pampers would fit on me with the tabs just reaching the edges. Later on my mom would use Scotch tape to extend the tabs (remember this was only for overnight most of the time, I wasn't running and playing in them except when we went on vacations). 

I believed for a long time that nobody ever knew anything, but later my sister dispelled that notion, suggesting that most people knew, although I never heard that directly from anyone. My experience with such things was that kids tend to mention "outlier phenomena" - I got called out by various cousins from time to time, and there were a couple of incidents where kids I didn't know saw my diaper, and they were NOT subtle. One incident at a playground in the Carolinas comes to mind, when we were driving down to Disney, where I went and hung from the monkey bars, exalting in my freedom after spending 10 hours in the car, only to get asked by another kid why I was wearing a diaper - my pants had rode down (or rather, up - I was upside down at the time) and exposed my diaper at the back. 

All of which is to say that when I went to sleepovers in pajamas with a diaper on, I didn't usually hear anything about it - maybe because the other kids' parents had warned them off, or maybe because they were oblivious. I always had finely-tuned "diaper radar" as a kid, but I'm not sure all kids did. As to what I had to do if I needed to use the washroom, that depended on the nature of nature's calling. If I had to pee, I generally just went to the bathroom and hitched my diaper down at the front and used the potty, unless I was already in bed, in which case, the answer depended on how comfortable I was about getting up, or if I was even allowed to - it depended on where we were staying. At one of my cousin's houses, I slept on the top bunk in his room whenever we stayed there, and because some kids had fallen off of the ladder at night before, I was told not to get out of bed in the dark, the implication being that I was in a diaper, so just use the diaper. If I needed to go #2, I never did that in my diaper, so I'd either hold it if I could, or, I would have to ask for help with opening and re-closing my diaper, because back then when you pulled a tab off, it often ripped the cover and almost never went back on again. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
3 hours ago, Little Sherri said:

This was in the early to mid 1980's so, as far as I know, there were no pull-ups on the market. I remember at some point one of the manufacturers introduced "baby pants", which were basically pull-on diapers - I think it was Luv's. But they were aimed at actual babies and came in small sizes and wouldn't fit on me. My parents relied on the fact that kids grow more up than out in the first 10 years or so - my legs doubled in length but my waist size only went up by a few inches, so the largest toddler Pampers would fit on me with the tabs just reaching the edges. Later on my mom would use Scotch tape to extend the tabs (remember this was only for overnight most of the time, I wasn't running and playing in them except when we went on vacations). 

I believed for a long time that nobody ever knew anything, but later my sister dispelled that notion, suggesting that most people knew, although I never heard that directly from anyone. My experience with such things was that kids tend to mention "outlier phenomena" - I got called out by various cousins from time to time, and there were a couple of incidents where kids I didn't know saw my diaper, and they were NOT subtle. One incident at a playground in the Carolinas comes to mind, when we were driving down to Disney, where I went and hung from the monkey bars, exalting in my freedom after spending 10 hours in the car, only to get asked by another kid why I was wearing a diaper - my pants had rode down (or rather, up - I was upside down at the time) and exposed my diaper at the back. 

All of which is to say that when I went to sleepovers in pajamas with a diaper on, I didn't usually hear anything about it - maybe because the other kids' parents had warned them off, or maybe because they were oblivious. I always had finely-tuned "diaper radar" as a kid, but I'm not sure all kids did. As to what I had to do if I needed to use the washroom, that depended on the nature of nature's calling. If I had to pee, I generally just went to the bathroom and hitched my diaper down at the front and used the potty, unless I was already in bed, in which case, the answer depended on how comfortable I was about getting up, or if I was even allowed to - it depended on where we were staying. At one of my cousin's houses, I slept on the top bunk in his room whenever we stayed there, and because some kids had fallen off of the ladder at night before, I was told not to get out of bed in the dark, the implication being that I was in a diaper, so just use the diaper. If I needed to go #2, I never did that in my diaper, so I'd either hold it if I could, or, I would have to ask for help with opening and re-closing my diaper, because back then when you pulled a tab off, it often ripped the cover and almost never went back on again. 

Awwwww, I wish you had taken a big poopie in your diaper.?????