LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Caregiver's Heartbeat

There are certainly a lot of different ways to calm down in times of stress: meditation, exercise, reading, colouring, cuddling stuffies and more.

Daddy and I have found the absolute best way for Him to calm me down is by having me listen to His heartbeat. If I get restless or stressed He will have me lay on His chest and hurt listen to His heartbeat while He strokes my hair. There really is nothing quite like it to settle and erase stress.

If He can't be with me He gave me a recording of His heartbeat to play. Not the same as being cuddled by Him but still far more effective than anything else we've found.

Anyone else and their caregiver use heartbeats as a calming technique?

Little kaiya

• Like 3

@Snugglebear_69

I agree with you all the way here - There are many ways you can use to calm down, and the one that worked for me was when I would be with my mom or dad, the smells they carry would make me feel "safe and contented" and I would have something that reminded me of my Mom, something that reminded me of my Dad, and when I was scared, I would seek out that object:  when I had this object in my possession, it helped me to calm down a lot.

When I was a kid, I spent time away from my parents in rehab, so I had things around to remind me of them, and even when they were not there, they were for me:  I would grab the object, like a shirt or a towel that my mom put her perfume on, and I was OK.  I also have FOND memories of spending time with my Grammy and Grampa, and they had smells that were calming as well, and to be held and CUDDLED was something I really enjoyed when I didn't feel good, or I was sad.

My Mom's favorite perfume was Chanel #5, and my Dad's were  Bruit 33 cologne and Aqua Velva.  I STILL trigger memories when I put it on my face :)

Brian