LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Babied alien race - ideas?

In one of my story settings, I have a race of AI called Caretaker Gynoids. They're basically like Amazons from the Diaper Dimension, except that they originated as nanny-bots for an alien race, and then started to malfunction and try to nanny all members of their creator race, regardless of age or ability. (I'm thinking it started going wrong when they adapted infant care droids to care for disabled or elderly adults.) So it's like if the Littles created the Amazons as a servant race and it went horribly wrong.

Except, Littles are basically human, whereas the Gynoids' creators are aliens. I've been having the Gynoids buying from the interstellar slave trade, so they have lots of babies of many different species, but I haven't really fleshed out what their original creators were actually like.

What kinds of aliens would you like to see babied?

First question: Will their be humans?  I ask this because every major sci-fi and fantasy has humans because fictional races are often aspects of ourselves and we define them based on our own human traits and values, and thus aliens are typically a reflection of that; or more aptly a single defining human trait that is amplified and taken to an extreme. 

2 hours ago, Personalias said:

First question: Will their be humans?  I ask this because every major sci-fi and fantasy has humans because fictional races are often aspects of ourselves and we define them based on our own human traits and values, and thus aliens are typically a reflection of that; or more aptly a single defining human trait that is amplified and taken to an extreme. 

There are humans in the setting, but very far away from this particular region. The story isn't really human-focused at all. However, most of the alien races are humanlike, to about the same degree that fantasy elves, dwarves, etc are humanlike.

9 hours ago, Personalias said:

Question 2: Okay. Clearly you've got a setting.  What's your plot?

I've got a few different ideas.

Currently, I'm working on a story from the interstellar slave trade angle, about a member of another species who's been sold to a trade broker and is going to be sold on to the Caretaker Gynoids.

I've also considered having a story set in the past about how the Gynoids took over the world.

Maybe also a member of the creator race who ends up being freed and is trying to learn all the things they were prevented from learning growing up as a perpetual baby.

20 hours ago, Elbs said:

There are humans in the setting, but very far away from this particular region. The story isn't really human-focused at all. However, most of the alien races are humanlike, to about the same degree that fantasy elves, dwarves, etc are humanlike.

So I understand the Doylist reasons for saying all your alien races are humanoid, but do you have an inworld explanation for it? I suppose part of it will be tied to your AIs seeking out a particular kind of victim. So type of alien babied will be more like personality and social traits? So warlike humanoid aliens and peaceful humanoid aliens and artistic humanoid aliens? However, it might be interesting to see how the AI baby non-humanoid races like slime colonies, or a snakes or other AIs.

As for the aliens that started all this, what was their tech level like?

I ask because if it is really high (very effective AI and robotics, FTL) then I would wonder why they did not deal with the frailties of age so they did not need AI caretakers for older peopl? They might also get rid of natural child birth and decant children from artificial wombs when the children are more self sufficient, though that is an extreme. So if they could do what I suggest above if their tech would allow it, why didn't they? Maybe religion? Religion always gives a good reason for otherwise sensible beings to be anything but.

46 minutes ago, InkuHime said:

So I understand the Doylist reasons for saying all your alien races are humanoid, but do you have an inworld explanation for it?

It's actually more of a sci-fi fantasy hybrid, inspired by the D&D setting Spelljammer, and there's polytheistic gods that created most of the races. The gods tend to like that particular form.

There are nonhumanoid sentient races, too, but I don't think the Gynoids would be likely to baby them. If anything, some of them might see those aliens as pets.