LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Ethan’s Worries 1-20

Nice to see you underscore the point that, at 11, children have a far more realistic feel for the dynamics of the schoolyard than their parents.  By early adolescence, parents have made so many mistakes in this regard that the conviction becomes increasingly widespread among the children that all parents are morons. To some degree, the growing disconnect between parent and child is healthy for the latter, but families are routinely destroyed by the scale of manipulation that the mother resorts to in this chapter.  It will take time, of course, for the child to mature sufficiently to see what's what, but this is the sort of thing that induced so many of us to leave home in our mid and late teens ... and rarely return.

On a technical note, now that you have assigned narrative POV to both mother and father, it is imperative that you develop their backgrounds in sufficient depth to make their thoughts, words and actions plausible to the reader.  At this point in the story, the father's actions in particular are fog-bound.  What's his deal, anyway?  

• Les Lea changed the title to Ethan’s Worries 1-6

Part 6

Ethan woke up but could hardly move. His leg was throbbing and every bone and muscle seemed to have been smacked around by a mallet. He’d never felt this bad before. There was an ache in his groin and that’s when he noticed the smell of stale urine. Hesitantly he groped the front of his jammies to check and sighed when his fears were confirmed. The slick bulge underneath told him he’d soaked his night time nappy yet again so that would mean he’d be wearing for a few more nights yet. What was worse, he could feel excess liquid sloshing around and wondered if he’d leaked. With the new term fast approaching, the idea he still wet so heavily sent a further shiver up his spine and an extra unexpected spurt into his sodden padding.

Going up to senior school shouldn’t have been that scary but Eeth had watched far too many movies and TV shows where it was a place of violence and bullying. At junior school, if you were bullied or even fell over and hurt yourself, a teacher would come and console you or get to the bottom of what had taken place. In movies, and at senior school level, teachers never seemed that bothered and bullies were left to their own devises without any form of restraint. Yes, he was definitely scared of what the place was going to be like, convinced it was going to be worse than his dreams.  

He lay wondering what he could do.

Movement was difficult but he didn’t want to call out like some invalid, he had to make a move. The effort to move one leg from under the sheet was exhausting, and felt like he was moving a large lump of concrete not a part of his body. However, once that was firmly on the ground it was relatively easier to slide the other out to join it. As he did this the movement made his pyjamas bottoms slide over the slippery plastic mass and drop around his ankles. Just as he was about to pull them up in marched Cindy.

“Get out... don’t you ever knock?” He was always angry about his little sister seeing him wearing protection but was more concerned with just how wet the material was.

“Babies don’t need privacy,” she cleverly repeated something she’d heard before. “Besides, mummy asked me to come and wake you up as your friends are here.”

“What time is it?”

“Ten-ish.”

“Tell them I’m still suffering so can’t come out today.”

“You tell them.” And with that she pouted and wriggled her shoulders as if to say I’m not doing as you tell me... I’m not a baby in a nappy. All this was implied by the fact that she ruffled her skirt to show she was wearing panties and not any ‘baby’ padding.

WAIT.” He shouted after her but it was too late she’d quickly disappeared downstairs.

“Oh hell, I can’t go to the door like this...” and then was suddenly worried his mother would simply send them up, especially if Cindy told her he was awake.

#

Still trying to get to his bedroom door he heard footsteps on the stairs. Despite being half way to his goal he knew he wouldn’t make it in time. He was stuck in no man’s land as he achingly tried to return to the sanctuary (and shielding sheet) of his bed.

Thankfully it was mum.

“Oh love, are you having problems?” She asked with concern.

“Feeling very stiff, I can hardly walk and...”

“That nappy looks full sweetheart... let’s get you out of that... and I think a nice hot shower might help lubricate your bones and make movement a bit easier.”

She guided him to the bathroom and then helped him off with his jammies and plastic pants.

“Mmmmm,” she thought aloud, “Might have to get something a bit thicker in future.” She said as she undid his drenched nappy and realised just how wet it and his plastic pants were.

Ethan was hardly taking any notice as he was distracted by the throbbing in his thigh where the branch had so nearly removed his manhood.

“Erm, the doctor told me to try and keep the dressing dry...”

“OK, OK, let’s see,” she looked around and then asked him to wait a few seconds and disappeared off somewhere. A minute later she returned with a pair of thick white rubber pants. "Here, put these on, they’re a bit larger than the plastic so should cover most of the dressing.”

He had no idea where these had come from but didn’t get chance to ask, she seemed to be rushing him along.

Jessica bent down and opened them up enabling her naked and suffering son to step into them. She pulled them up and was correct, they did cover the dressing so should, with a bit of care, stop any water from getting to the bandage.

To Ethan they felt pretty weird but in no position to start a debate about them.

“I’ve told your mates to come back in an hour... so... take your time and I’ll be back to help get you dressed once I have Cindy sorted.”

“Mum I don’t need your...” But she’d gone and left him to shower.

His mother was right about the warm water easing his aches as movement returned to most of his limbs. The ache in his thigh continued and began to wonder if he’d done himself any permanent damage. When he had the full physical in a couple of days’ time he’d bring it up if things hadn’t improved.

It was strange taking a shower wearing rubber pants because that was the area that needed cleaning up the most. However, mum had told him that once he’d showered they’d remove the pants and wipe everything else down carefully and at the same time check that all his other scrapes were healing nicely.

#

Just as he turned off the shower Jessica returned with a fresh fluffy towel.

“OK sweetheart let’s loose the pants so we can clean that area.” 

He really didn’t want his mother involved but had to admit he’d be in a pretty dire situation had she not taken the lead.

“Oh Mitch said he had something important to tell you...”

“I hope it wasn’t that he doesn’t want to be my friend now he knows about the nappy.” He said sullenly.

“I think you do your mate a great dis-service. I’m sure... if he thought like that he wouldn’t want to come round now would he?”

“Perhaps just to laugh?”

“No,” she said removing the rubber pants and sponging around his genitals with warm soapy water. “Did he laugh when he told you he knew?”

“No.”

“Did he joke about it at all?”

“No.” He shrugged still a bit grumpy.

“So, don’t jump to conclusions. Anyway, I think you’re ready now so...” And she covered him in the towel and proceeded to gently, though thoroughly, rub him dry. Whilst at the same time guiding him back to his bedroom.

“Oh, your father’s taken your bike into Halfords to be fixed. He was going to do it himself but said the frame’s bent so will need an expert rather than an amateur to put it right.” She laughed at her own joke about her husband.

Though still drying his hair she nearly made out the stuttered words “I ddddon’t thinnnkkk I’ll ride ittt... everrrr again.”

“I’m sure this is just a temporary set-back sweetie... and you’ll be back tearing through those woods in next to no time.”

Suddenly he saw that his mother had laid out another nappy for him to get dressed in.

“Mum, I’m not wearing a nappy during the day I’ll be able to get to the toilet if needed and besides, I don’t plan on going very far from home today as my...” and rubbed his bandaged groin, “bits hurt.”

She was sympathetic to her son’s wish but maintained a doubtful expression. After all, he had wet a couple of times now since the accident and a nappy had saved him from humiliation.

“Well, if you’re sure but, if there’s even a spot on your pants at any time today it’s straight back into nappies and no argument okay... Okay mister?” She repeated the last two words so there was no mistake.

He nodded; relieved he could put on underpants under his shorts.

#

He thought just how hot and uncomfortable he’d be if he had to wear a thick nappy and those large white plastic pants instead of the little pair of white cotton briefs he’d decided on. He chose a pair of loose fleecy grey shorts which matched the baggy fleecy grey jogging bottoms he’d worn to the doctors because the weather was too nice for anything that heavy.

It was amazing, the shower had certainly loosened him up and he got downstairs fairly easily, perhaps things weren’t as bad as they might have been. However, as he sat at the table a sudden stab of pain jolted up his thigh and into his balls where he involuntarily let loose a small spurt of pee into those fresh and pristine white briefs.

“Aarrgg, no, no, no,” The pain was swamped by the realisation that he was now also wet, the one thing he was desperate not to be. Thankfully, he was alone at the table so only he knew what had happened. He looked down but there was no tell-tale stain and he wondered if his undies had been able to capture such a small amount.

As his mum and sister entered the kitchen and sat down to breakfast it was too late for him to rush back to his room to change. Anyway, pretending everything was normal he grabbed a box of cereal and filled his bowl. Sitting next to him Cindy did the same but asked if he’d play with her and her friends as they needed someone to help build an ‘extension’ to her Wendy House. Of course this wasn’t really what she planned but couldn’t come out and say she wanted her friends to play with a nappy-clad baby.

“Sorry Cindy but I still hurt a bit from my accident. I don’t think I’d be much use building anything for you.” He tried to sound helpful and didn’t want mum to think he was being difficult.

“Are you wearing a nappy?” She asked quite bluntly, which angered Ethan.

Her mother looked over at her daughter and said she shouldn’t ask such a question.

“Why not?” She responded feeling confident of her position.

“Because it’s not polite for a nice girl to ask such a question,” her mother tried to rationalise. “Besides, Ethan doesn’t need to wear a nappy all the time... only at night.”

“Then why is there a big wet stain on the front of his pants?” She shrugged as if it was of no concern to her but thought her mother should know.

It was only then that Ethan looked down and saw the growing dark stain that told him he was peeing and didn’t know. He’d felt his thigh throbbing slightly and had paid no attention to it... but now...

“Uuurrggg,” he commented and rushed towards the stairs. He didn’t even get a foot on the first one before he felt himself emptying his bowels into the seat of his briefs due to a spasm that seemed to affect the entire lower part of his body. “Hurrmmmfff.”

The cramping effect had him bent over on that first step as his mum and sister came to see what the noise was all about.

“What’s wrong sweetie?” His mother’s concern was genuine as she knelt down to try and comfort him.

“Yerrrrrggg... I think he’s pooed himself.” Cindy added unhelpfully.

#

Jessica could smell and see the problem and knew automatically this was a new development. The back of his legs showed a dark trickle and, hoping to get him up to the toilet before too much damage, put an arm under his and helped him to his feet.

Ethan was stunned at what had taken place but the pain that had led to this disaster had disappeared and left him weeping in disbelief. He tried to apologise to his mum but all that came out were huge sobs.

Wetting the bed was one thing but this shocked and disgusted him; the feeling of his sticky and full underpants paralysing any idea of movement.

However, once able to stand she guided him slowly back up the stairs to the bathroom. A surreptitious hand cupped his bum in an effort to hold what his pants contained. It was a very slow and tentative walk. Ethan couldn’t say anything because the misery and embarrassment was just too much. The mess held in the rear of his briefs felt substantial, whilst his emotions took over and flooded his eyes with tears.

Although somewhat shocked by her brother’s situation Cindy took some satisfaction in that, to her at least, he continued to prove to be the baby of the family.

Jessica made all the correct motherly sympathetic noises and tried to calm her son but she wondered if this latest messy development was as a result of his anxiety about school or because of some internal injury from his accident. She didn’t want to worry him, poor lad had enough worries, but she began to think there might be something else going on they weren’t aware of. He hadn’t appeared to be badly injured but anticipated that the up and coming examination would reveal all. She was determined she’d be in the doctor’s surgery with him.

To Cindy this was yet further proof that her stinky brother should permanently wear baby pants and a nappy. Having a real big baby to fuss over and change would no doubt make her the most popular girl amongst her friends.

#

Perhaps strangely Jessica had not hesitated at putting her wet son into nappies. After those first soaked mornings she saw the need for such preventative measures and insisted Ethan wore them nightly. As it was, her intuition had been correct and, despite initial protests, proved that the procedure had made life easier first thing in a morning. Although she’d told him it was his decision it had been anything but, and as it turned out, it was just as well.

Although she’d told him she took no pleasure in him having to wear thick padding and plastic pants, this was a little white lie because quite simply, what parent doesn’t want their children to still depend on them from time to time?

However, it had come as a surprise that he was now suddenly wetting during the day and had wondered if the terry cotton fabric might also be adequate for daily use. She didn’t want to embarrass the poor lad but realised that perhaps pull-ups, which she had considered (and even bought some secretly in case he needed them for school), might not be absorbent enough.

Meanwhile, for the second time in less than an hour Jessica cleaned up her son in next to no time. She ushered him back to his room and let him carry on drying himself as she went to get supplies. This time, she didn’t give him time to contemplate what she was doing she simply got on with it.  

Firstly, she checked the bandaged area which was soaked so she released the soggy material, cleaned him up and smoothed in some antiseptic cream before wrapping a fresh and dry dressing around the injury.  

Because he was facing away from the doorway he didn’t notice his sister standing there observing all that took place.

Next came the thing that Ethan was wishing wouldn’t be the case. Lying naked apart from the towel he was in no position to argue.

A nappy with two thick soaker pads was about to be pinned around his waist. It was much thicker than normal and a restless and unhappy Ethan tried to wriggle out of it but a firm word from mother stopped him dead in his tracks.

“Don’t.”

His face creased as if she’d dealt him a smack to his bottom but simply reminded that had he worn a nappy in the first place all this mess and extra laundry and work could have been avoided.

“From now on until the doctor’s examined you... you’ll wear thick protection.”

Cindy was pleased to hear this and, as she saw his bottom being powdered, smiled to herself.

“But mum,” Ethan whined hoping she’d be sympathetic, “school starts in two days and I don’t see the doctor until Tuesday.”

“Yes I know, but do you think that wet or messy pants are a good way to introduce yourself to new school mates?”

Cindy enjoyed the spectacle of her brother disappearing under the huge piece of material needed to wrap him safely.

A shiver of fear ran through Ethan’s body... things were getting worse and the bullies would have a field day.

“No, but nor does wearing a nappy.” He sulked.

“If you don’t talk about it no one will know what you wear under your trousers but one thing is for sure... a messy, stinky pair of underpants is going to be very noticeable.” She held her nose as if to push her point. “Until we know what’s going on you’re not going to be without adequate protection.”

Finally she flapped out and shuffled up a huge pair of plastic pants and patted them down. The smooth bulge that now occupied the front and the slippery well-padded bottom made movement difficult. The throbbing in his thigh added to his feeling of dejection and made him reluctant to go anywhere so decided he’d simply occupy himself in his room.

Cindy turned and discreetly sidled back to her room. It was the final act of his plastic pants being pulled into place that for her at least confirmed he was now the family baby... and she couldn’t wait to take full advantage of that fact.

#

Although most of the ache from when Ethan woke up had disappeared he became more and more aware of the gash and wondered if that was causing his current loss of control. However, he looked around his room and sighed, it had very quickly become a strange setting for an eleven year-old boy, what with all the nappies, plastic pants, lotions and powders that were now on display. He couldn’t blame the accident on all this because ‘all this’ started when he began his nightly bed-wetting.

He looked between his legs at the thick smooth bulge that was now there to stop him from being seen as a pants-wetter and wondered just who knew? What was worse, the bulge didn’t set him out as a non-bedwetter, it confirmed he was more than just a bedwetter. He was stuck and wasn’t sure what to do for the best.

He wanted to blame someone but how could he do that when he’d just crapped his pants.

His mum hadn’t been angry, she seemed understanding and, although embarrassed, in truth he was glad she was there to make things right. She had been quick and decisive and hadn’t given him chance to argue much. It was a done deal.

He ran his hand over the plasticky lump.

Surely, he thought to himself, all this would stop once at school and he was used to being in the youngest class... or at least he hoped so.

He heaved a sigh again.

Another spurt of pee shot into his fresh nappy and all he could do was groan at the inevitability of having no control.

Was this what he had to get used to?

# tbc #

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Les Lea changed the title to Ethan’s Worries 1-7

Part 7

Ethan was still in his bedroom but had managed to find a pair of his school PE shorts to nearly hide his weighty protection when mum shouted up that Mitch had come to see him.

Dreading his best friend’s arrival he braced himself for laughter, derision and the loss of that friend once he was reacquainted with the prominent padding under his shorts.

Nervously Mitch stuck his head round the door. “How’s you?”

“Bloody fed up, annoyed and achy... you?”

He took in the view that greeted him. It wasn’t much different than the last time except his mate was awake but was surprised he hadn’t tried to hide his heavy burden.

“Worried,” Mitch replied hesitantly.

“Is the thought of going back to school on Monday playing on your mind as well?”

“No. Worried about you and, you know, everything.” He sounded concerned and pointed vaguely in the direction of the unmistakable lump... the shorts hardly disguising anything.

Mitch was his very best friend and though he was embarrassed about the padding Ethan thought he owed him some kind of explanation. This was helped because of what the doctor had said that quite a few kids his age had problems when they got worried.

“Look, I know this is all very embarrassing,” it was Mitch who’d got a start on the conversation, “but I thought you should know that rumours were circulating that you wore a nappy.”

He looked across at his friend to see if he was blushing... or hiding... or anything.

In a short time, in fact since he’d heard Mitch’s footsteps coming up the stairs, Ethan had made the decision to be honest with his best mate. Despite that, he’d felt flushed and nervous and wished he’d put on something more substantial than a pair of shorts.

“I don’t know who started it but I guess it had some basis because when Doug and I brought you the mags... you were asleep but we could see all the stuff.” Again he pointed around the room at the piles of nappies and such. “It was kinda hard not to notice.”

Ethan swallowed hard. “Mum.”

“What?”

“It was mum’s fault. She let some of Cindy’s friends come over to play and they saw my nappies hanging out to dry... so it’s mum’s fault.”

Mitch looked curiously at his friend. “My nappies? So, how long have you had to wear them?”

Taking another deep breath Ethan decided to throw caution to the wind.

“For a while now... I started waking up wet. Mum thinks it’s because I’m worried about our new school... you know... being the youngest and all?”

Mitch nodded.

“And I’ve been having these terrible dreams about bullies and getting beaten up and... well... you know... I wake up wet.”

“Hmm,” Mitch thought.

“It’s not something I thought I could tell anyone but the doctor says there are plenty of kids like me having similar problems but, even knowing that, I’m still pretty ashamed by it all.”

“Look,” Mitch took up his cause and sat on the bed beside his friend. “When we saw you injured and sleeping Doug and me came up with an idea... and it’s one we’ve been putting around.”

“What do you mean ‘an idea’?”

#

Ethan was impressed. Not only at what the idea entailed but the thought his two mates had put into the project. He never would have thought about bigging his accident up as a stunt, much less pretending it was something he did privately all the time. Everyone knew about the spill and had heard about his injuries, perhaps trying to capitalise on that ‘fame’ was worth a try. Indeed, so preoccupied was he by the ‘idea’ the thought of who actually spread the rumour was forgotten.

Mitch had told everyone that cricketers wear a box as protection, so do boxers and many other sportsmen so it was conceivable that his padding was nothing more than protection to try and prevent even more serious injury... look what happened when he didn’t wear something.

It was an idea that appealed to Ethan and one that he hoped would work. In fact, the more he thought about it the better it seemed and he couldn’t thank Mitch enough for coming up with what was a very clever cover. However, he’d now admitted to his best mate that he wet the bed, so that was something he couldn’t take back. Having said that, his mate hadn’t run a mile and on the surface at least appeared to understand. For a brief moment he wondered if Mitch was one of those ‘others’ that the doctor had spoken about but was afraid to ask.

Meanwhile, his broken bike and the nasty gash on his leg meant he didn’t have to be out proving himself although he might have some explaining to do when school started. In fact, that was the main thing now that suddenly engulfed his brain... going back to school... and felt an involuntary nervous spasm into his thick padding. He was both annoyed with himself for doing so but relieved that because of the protection, his mate wouldn’t know.

“Thanks mate, that’s such a bloody good idea.” He didn’t want to dwell on the spreading wetness. “Can we come up with another word?”

“Don’t you think that protection is enough?” Mitch wondered.

“Mmm but, cricketer’s wear a box so I wonder if...”

“OK, how about Ethan’s wrap?”

Ethan looked stunned. “Have you been thinking about this?”

“No but,” he pointed to the layers of material under the plastic pants. “I think most will call it a nappy if you don’t come up with something you can refer to and not immediately have folk assume that’s what it is.”

“Safety wrap? Emergency Wrap? Wrap Wrap Wrap?”

“Are you about to burst into a rap?” Mitch joked.

“Rap... wrap... mmm... maybe that will do.” He smiled and nodded in agreement and hoping the word would confuse a few people.

“Look,” Ethan made a point, “I don’t expect to be wearing this for too long and I’m hoping that no one has to see me. I can use the injury for not venturing too far and hopefully school will not be a problem.”

Rather than think about it any further they settled at Ethan’s Xbox and started a game.

#

They’d been playing intently for a little while when Mitch asked the question. It wasn’t a question, it was THE question.

“Why do you think you wet the bed?”

It was a question Ethan had asked himself many times recently but hadn’t come up with a decent answer. Being scared of going to a new school just didn’t seem to cut it even though it was scaring the hell out of him. There were a whole bunch of new boys starting, so why was it affecting him so badly?

“Oh, I don’t know. I mean I know I’m scared but I don’t know why it’s affected me in that way.” He carried on tweaking his controller.

“Ohh, urmmm, do you like wearing a... you know... this?” Mitch said pushing his knee into the soft padding for emphasis.

“Not really,” he shrugged, “but mum makes me...” and shrugged again.

Mitch thought about that for a few minutes.

“Ohhh, erm, mum took me shopping the other day for the new school uniform... and... erm... when I was in the changing room and looked in the mirror I had a little shiver of worry run up my back. I don’t know why but I felt a little splash of pee gush into my undies.”

For the moment Eeth stopped the game and looked at his friend.

“You wet your pants?” He asked incredulously.

“Well, only a little but, well, yes I s’pose I did.” He looked a bit guilty and relieved at the same time. “I’m not saying this to make you feel better, but I want you to know that I think I understand.”

“Thanks mate, that’s really good of you.”

Eleven year-olds aren’t particularly good at dealing with their emotions so simply went back to shooting up some terrorists in their game.

#

After Mitch had gone Ethan was left alone with his thoughts. His first thought was what great mates Mitch and Doug were and then, well, what it felt like wearing nappies.

At the beginning his mother had given him the option of agreeing to wear them or being made to wear them... in effect, no option at all. However, not waking up to a flooded bed and the soft thick material between his legs on a night hadn’t been as bad as he thought it would. Still, that was as long as no one else knew... but now everyone knew.

Thankfully, they didn’t know about his messy accident and though the spasm had been painful, he’d not experienced anything similar since. He was hopeful it was just a one-off, the thought it might not made him unconsciously grip his padding for support.

He sat looking at the frozen image on the screen where he’d stopped the game and wriggled uncomfortably before realising he’d soaked his padding once more. Again, he hadn’t known he’d wet. This was not boding well for wearing normal briefs for the start of school.

He looked out of his bedroom window and saw Cindy and a friend playing in the garden. He didn’t really want to go down and ask his mum to change him whilst there were others in the house. However, a wet nappy wasn’t the most comfortable thing to have wrapped around your bits so made his way to find mum in the kitchen.

“Mum, can you change my, err, you know, ermm, please?” He said apprehensively.

“Sure sweetheart just give me a moment whilst I finish this and then I’ll be up to...”

“Mummy, mummy,” Two excited little faces appeared at the back door. “Can we change Ethan please mummy, please, please?”

“I don’t think so sweetie. It’s not a job for...”

“But we’ll be good won’t we Emily?”

Emily nodded but didn’t look convinced.

“I’m sure you’d be fantastic but for the moment you’ll just have to stick to your dollies.”

“But Ethan has a wet nappy, and you’re busy, so we can help.” She said enthusiastically (and actually feeling like a big girl compared to her nappy wearing brother).

Ethan looked on shocked at this interchange. He hadn’t even wanted anyone but his mum to know he’d wet again but now Cindy and Emily knew and they were obviously taking in his droopy nappy that was hanging down his shorts. His head dropped in embarrassment and seemed glued to the spot. He couldn’t even turn tail and run back up to his room.

“No sweetheart no. Thank you both for your offer but I think your brother needs privacy.”

“But you’ve said babies...” Suddenly realising she was being less than supportive of her brother and that might lead to her having to wear nappies in future. “Oh, that’s a shame but OK, just thought we might be helpful.”

“Well that’s all very kind girls but... we’ll leave it there. You go and play in the garden and I’ll bring out some snacks and drinks when I’ve finished... OK?”

“When you’ve finished changing Ethan’s nappy?” Cindy needlessly but pointedly queried but then added innocently, “Thanks mummy,” and the two girls returned to the garden.

Ethan was almost in tears at the humiliation of the entire exchange but his mum simply turned him around, patted his sodden nappy and indicated to move back upstairs.

#

Once cleaned up he timidly asked her if she’d ever let Cindy change him.

“No love but I’m impressed she wanted to help aren’t you?”

He was anything but impressed and thought she only offered so as to shame him in front of her friend. He said nothing but shrugged the whole conversation away.

“Thanks mum, erm, school starts soon so... will I have to wear, erm, this?” He asked sheepishly looking down at the mass.

“Well, I think you’ll need some protection but before we make that decision, let’s see what the result is Monday morning. If you’re dry then perhaps we can think again but if you’re soaked then... more than likely you’ll need something absorbent... but we’ll make it as discreet as possible so don’t worry.”

Ethan worried.

When Jessica had finished and gone downstairs Ethan went and checked his drawers. There was no doubt that in a relatively short time, nappies and the like had taken over but he wanted to regain some link... some connectivity with... how things used to be.

He opened the drawer and examined all his underwear; cotton briefs, a couple of pairs of cartoon undies from when he was younger he still liked to wear (and amazingly still fit), some colourful lycra style trunks and a few natty looking pairs of boxer shorts.  Unfortunately, they were now all crowded out by the pile of disposables he hadn’t seen before and several freshly laundered large white fabric squares he knew would be wrapping his bits in the not too distant future. He ran his hand over the plastic pants and was surprised to experience an unexpected, if glorious, warm glow as his bladder added its contents to the newly applied nappy.

Not for the first time he seemed isolated from the event. He sighed, like he’d so often done in these circumstances, and then simply got on with the rest of the day... damp but resigned to the situation.

# tbc #

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Ethan is discovering himself and I think is starting to like nappies ! But I think Cindy has to be punished since she want to ridicule his brother !! Great story ! Curious to see the development of this 

• Les Lea changed the title to Ethan’s Worries 1-8

Thanks for the positive comments guys. I hope you enjoy the rest of Ethan's story.

Part 8

The weekend was an almost non-stop parade of Ethan’s mates coming to see how the injured ‘stunt pro’ was recovering after his infamous spill. Despite him not wishing to be seen the number of young guys wanting to chat was quite impressive. Ethan had never been so popular.

Although he was wearing a nappy throughout all these encounters, he managed to keep that fact hidden under his thick grey jogging bottoms. Requests to see the ‘scar’ were brushed off by being told he was under doctor’s orders to keep it covered, much to the obvious disappointment of a few of his visitors.

Cindy couldn’t believe what was happening. She thought that her brother wearing nappies would be the end of his brashness and he’d become her embarrassed baby brother, but this simply wasn’t the case. So, in a moment of an eight years-old repressed anger she asked him loudly if he needed a change.

Her timing was bad because he just turned to the two lads who were nearby and said “Only a new sister please” Then he changed the subject and ushered them away explaining it was lunchtime. Cindy got an annoyed look from her brother but he said nothing at that moment.

However, over the meal, and with both their parents sat at the table, he mentioned the incident and wondered if they were going to keep their promise of putting little sis back into nappies.

Jessica looked shocked and Cindy looked embarrassed. She tried to deny it but her posture and obvious discomfort at being caught out said everything that needed to be said.

“Go and get one of Ethan’s nappies.” Jessica ordered her daughter who burst into tears.

“Mummy no, daddy please,” she sobbed.

She was reluctant to go and begged her mum not to make her.

“Go and get one now.” Her mum insisted.

Reluctantly she ambled upstairs and returned a few moments later sobbing but clutching a large white square of terry cloth.

Peter looked at his wife in dismay but, wanting to see how this panned out, said nothing. He knew she would have a plan so the best policy was not to interfere.

Jessica made space on the table and ritually folded the nappy until it was the correct size and shape. Making a huge display she then held it up to her still weeping daughter.

“Look at the size of this,” she swung the item in front of her face, “large, and with plastic pants over it, quite bulky. You’ll not be able to hide this from your friends when you go to school now will you?”

Cindy was gasping for air. She saw this almighty piece of material and realised if she wore it there’d be no hiding place. All her mates would see and she’d be made fun of all day... every day.

“Sowwy mummy, daddy, mummy please don’t make....” She tried her best to sound contrite because figuring out that huge thing was soon to be pinned on was a horrific notion.

“OK, now you know we’re not kidding... apologise to your brother.” She kept the threat of the folded nappy.

“Sowwy,” she’d meant to say sorry but the tears made it come out with a childish lisp. “I didn’t mean anything.”

Ethan just sat there waiting for his mother to do as she’d promised and wrap her up the way he was.

He said nothing.

“I’ll tell you now young lady, any more of this teasing or even mentioning anything about your brother’s need for nappies and you will be wearing one permanently. Have I made myself clear?”

“Yes mummy, sorry mummy.” She said apologetically.

“OK then, take this back up to your brother’s room and I expect you to be on your best behaviour from now on.”

Thank you mummy.” Cindy rushed up the stairs relieved not to be wearing all that thick padding and thought herself lucky to have avoided such a calamity.

As she disappeared from the kitchen Ethan looked daggers at his mother. “I thought you meant your threat,” he said dismissively. “So you were only kidding.”

“Oh, cut it out you big baby.” She added with more than a touch of derision. “What sort of big brother tattle-tales on his little sister?”

#

Up until then his ego had been flying. His mates thought he was some sort of super stunt cyclist but his mother had just slapped him down in the most tactless manner, calling him a baby. The blow to his self-esteem didn’t miss and a spurt of pee registered in his nappy.

There didn’t appear to be much in the way of moral support from his father either.

He felt guilty but wondered why this was his fault when another stream of pee added extra warmth to the front of his padding. It was difficult to feel wrongly accused of being a baby whilst wearing a freshly dampened nappy.

Up until that moment he’d never thought of himself, despite the nappy, as anything but a normal pre-teen. Of course, he wasn’t too happy about it, well to begin with at least, but he just got on with it because no one else seemed bothered so why should he?  That was because no one but his sister had called him a baby, well, not to his face, except suddenly his mum had... and that hurt. He’d expected full support from her at least and she was the one to call him that word. He spent the rest of the meal fretting over it.

Mum hadn’t meant it as a slur against him wearing a nappy but just being a big blabbermouth regarding his sister. She’s only eight so was allowed certain indiscretions, although Jessica thought she’d handled the situation pretty well. If he hadn’t then started to complain it would have all ended there. What she didn’t know was the effect that the word ‘baby’ had on her son.

There was another problem, the prospect of starting school had, to a certain extent, been blocked out from being at the forefront of his mind. With all the other stuff, it had simply slipped onto the back burner and had become less of an issue. However, now all his worries, anxieties and insecurities returned and he became unable to fight what was the most extreme problem... the amount of padding for the first day at big school and who else would then be calling him a baby?

#

Sunday morning he woke up once more to be greeted by a soaked nappy. He’d been in two minds as to whether to wear one that night as he didn’t want to appear to be “a baby”. However, Jessica came in just as he was putting on his PJs, noticed he hadn’t got a nappy ready and set about righting that wrong. He knew that he couldn’t argue the point, and he knew if he did his mum would take no notice and accuse him of being a fussy baby... so, albeit reluctantly, once more let himself be made leak-proof for the night.

None of these imagined slights had been said by his mother he’d simply assumed, on the back of that one comment, it would be the case. As he seemed a little depressed once well-padded she lay with him and gently stoked his head until he fell asleep. He’d hardly said a word so she had no idea how upsetting her comment had been.

However, the soaked morning nappy did set back his intention of never wearing a nappy again to prove he wasn’t “a baby”, when he so patently needed the benefit of thick protection. Despite that, he went to the bathroom, threw his stuff in the laundry bin, cleaned himself up and returned to his drawers for a pair of boxers. After checking the bandage on his injury was still relatively secure he then chucked on grey baggy jogging bottoms to hide everything. He was determined that for one day at least he was going to prove he didn’t need that safety cordon between his legs. That was going to be a nappy free zone.

#

Sunday mum’s parents paid their regular monthly visit. It was a joyful occasion because there were always treats for the kids. Grandma was an excellent cook and often arrived bearing gifts of some incredible confection she’d cooked up. Cindy and Ethan both loved her special ‘cinder toffee’, which Cindy was convinced was named in her honour; the sweet, airy delight was so different from anything else they’d ever tasted. It had become a firm favourite.

Grandad would regale the family of his fishing exploits with tales of the one that got away and the huge ‘shark’ he fought and landed at the park lake. These feats of daring-do would be accompanied by photographic proof that he’d just temporarily mislaid. His stories were funny as he mimed the effort that went into each and every catch. Grandad had never been fishing in his life.

The couple arrived for lunch but spent the particularly sunny afternoon before the meal sitting outside in the garden chatting. Meanwhile, Grandma noticed the pile of nappies at the side of the washing machine but had hoped that Ethan would be over his bout of bedwetting by then. In fact, it had been her who’d instructed her daughter to make sure the boy was well protected, but to make it seem he had a choice in the decision.

Despite both grandparents knowing about Ethan’s problems no one mentioned it and over lunch he tried to match his Grandad’s tales with one of his own regarding his cycling ‘stunt’. He’d decided to believe is own publicity so it was no longer an accident but a feat of cycling excellence that had alas been brought to an end by other means rather than his own inexperience.

He told them of his injury, although, apart from the gash he’d survived relatively unscathed.

“Oh sweetheart,” his Grandma sympathised, “not quite without consequences.” She was pointing to a large dark grey stain on his otherwise light grey joggers.

He shook in disbelief because it was only then he realised he was pissing his pants and hadn’t known he was doing so.

“Ohhh darling.” His mother chimed in.

“Not to worry I’ll see to it,” said his father.

“You finish your lunch Peter, I’ll see to the poor boy.”

Grandma got up and herded the sobbing boy from the table and up to his room. Once there she told him to wait a moment whilst she collected a few things. In the bathroom she snatched a towel off the drying rail, picked up a cloth, which she rinsed in warm soapy water and was back in his room within seconds. He was taken aback by the speed she’d got things underway but didn’t want to admit anything and certainly didn’t want his Gran to witness his severe wetness. He just wanted to die.

#

Ethan was distraught. Not only had he wet himself in front of his grandparents, he’d more or less proved his mum was correct, he was a baby. He hadn’t taken too much notice of the reaction from those at the table to Gran’s revelation; he just wanted to get out of there as quickly as possible. However, trying to hide the shame from Grandma was impossible because there was no way he could shrug her off or tell her to leave him alone. She was just so sympathetic and understanding to complain.

“Sweetheart, would you mind taking off your, erm, these?” she said pointing to his drooping jogging bottoms but not sure what they were called.

“Gran, I can do it myself.” He said pleadingly.

“I have no doubt love but, you’ve had one or two accidents now so why don’t I just make sure you’re all bundled up safe, hm?”

“But Grandma... please... I’m not a baby.” His eyes welled up but he kept the tears from falling.

“No one said you were.”

“Mum did.”

“Oh sweetie, I’m sure she didn’t mean to.” She tried to placate her sorrowful grandson, whilst finishing wiping him clean.

“Well she did.” He said matter-of-factly.

“Look,” she said grabbing a fresh nappy from the pile on the dresser. “At the moment....”

“I’m not wearing a nappy, I’m not, no.” He was adamant but she just took a moment to let him calm down a little before continuing.

“Are you worried what you friends might think?”

“Hu-uh,” he nodded despite the fact that apparently it was an open secret.

“You think if they saw you in a nappy they’d make fun?”

Again he nodded in agreement.

“Well, I understand that but, what would they think of these?”  She held up his joggers with the huge wet stain.

She then picked up his discarded boxers.

“Unfortunately sweetheart, these just can’t hold back any flood, whereas, a nappy is designed to do just that.”

“But I don’t want to wear one...” He was snivelled.

“I’m sure you don’t love,” she stroked his arm, “but I suspect you don’t want to leave a trail of pee wherever you go either.”

He looked forlorn.

“Your mum told me you were being very brave about wearing a nappy because you were having trouble and,” she said in support but then suddenly had a thought. “From what you tell us about the brave stunt cyclist... he wouldn’t be afraid of a bit of padding, especially if it’s something that helps him.”

She could see this last consideration had got him thinking.

She unravelled his equally soaked bandage.

“Let’s get something on that as it looks pretty sore to me.”

It was throbbing but he wasn’t sure if it had always been doing that or only now when it was exposed. Ethan was silent as she took charge, cleaned him up, refreshed the dressing and cautiously began to put a nappy on him. The thing was, and it confused him considerably, there was something quite relaxing about the procedure. He didn’t want to wear a bundle of terry fabric but once it was on he didn’t mind. His Grandma was grateful he didn’t resist.

#

She did a wonderful job, the nappy was pinned tight and the plastic pants held everything together superbly. She left him like that so he could decide what he wanted to wear over it all and dumped his wet stuff in the laundry basket.

“There now, all done,” she said returning and looked contentedly at her grandson, “why don’t you come down and join us as I’ve made a nice chocolate cake... and I know it’s your favourite.”  

He looked at the bulge between his legs and ran his hand over the soft plastic surface.

“It’s the start of a new term tomorrow,” he said quietly, almost to himself, “I don’t want to wear all this padding on my first day at a new school...”

His mind drifted off as he got up from his bed, a slight crinkle accompanied the movement, whilst he took out a pair of fleecy shorts from the drawer. Slipping them over the hefty mound he reluctantly accompanied Gran back downstairs. There was no good to be gained from locking himself away from the family who’d witnessed the flood so he might as well face up to any scorn that was coming.

None came... and the cake was delicious.

However, despite his best intentions, proof, if proof was needed that he did indeed benefit from a plastic covered nappy was when bedtime came and a soggy pile of material was removed in exchange for a thicker and drier mass. His heart sank even further into his boots at the thought he wasn’t going to lose that face-saving mass from between his legs any time soon.

# tbc #

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for the chapter. I wonder if Cindy learned her lesson or if she will just try to be more sneaky. I would imagine that one of his nappies would be a bit thicker on her since she is younger (by 5 years?) You captured that pretty good in the last chapter.

Poor Ethan i feel for him.   Sometimes parents don't know how cutting a casual remark can be, i know from personal experience!

Thanks for the update.

Maly.

• Les Lea changed the title to Ethan’s Worries 1-9

Part 9

First week in September and it was back to school for thousands of children across the country. Equal amounts of excitement and trepidation was felt by many. New schools for some, new friendships to be forged - new uniforms and new thinking – new timetables, new lessons, new teachers, new rules... bullies... these were just some of the things that had been running through Ethan’s mind.

So, the day before, in fact, for the past few weeks, had been spent worrying about that first day at big school where he’d be amongst the youngest and therefore most vulnerable in the vast place. Even the term ‘big school’ was terrifying enough without all that went with it. Despite the best intentions from parents and friends, his anxiety levels were still through the roof.

Although he had friends that would also be attending he didn’t think it was affecting them the same way the fear got to him.  He worried about wearing a nappy to school, even though his mother had emphasised that if he had to, they would keep its bulk to an absolute minimum. However, she’d said it would depend on how much he wet during the night as to how much padding was needed.

Before he fell to sleep there was still a dull ache coming from his bandaged wound. Surprisingly, by stroking his slippery bulge his anxiety levels about school and his injury began to fade away. Before long he’d slipped into deep unconsciousness.

However, come Monday and the start of a new school year where some kids were excited, nervous and hyper, he’d had the worst wake-up call so far. He’d slept without those horrible dreams, perhaps the best night’s sleep he’d had in ages... and yet...

#

Jessica popped her head around Cindy’s bedroom door to get her up. The eight year-old had all her clothes ready on the dresser and had been excited, if a little worried herself, about going to school without her brother. What hadn’t been anticipated was that she had also wet the bed, much to her surprise and humiliation. She was reluctant to get up despite her mother’s cajoling but of course, mothers know.

“OK sweetheart, what’s the matter?” She gently questioned.

“Erm nothing,” was the guilty reply.

“Then I’m waiting...”

Her daughter burst into tears and slowly shifted down her Princess duvet cover to reveal her soaked bedding and PJs.

“Oh sweetheart, that’s a shame but don’t worry... it’ll all go in the wash. C’mon now, let’s get you all cleaned up and some breakfast in you.”

Jessica was surprised to see just how wet her daughter was and at a loss to know why, after five years of never needing any help with her toilet issues, to suddenly have such an accident. She had to stay calm and not worry about all that but to just get her cleaned up and ready for the new term. She would sort any problem out later.

Cindy was too embarrassed to do anything without mummy’s help but her tears had become a torrent.

“Don’t cry love, nothing is ruined just a bit wet...”

“But, but, but you’ll make me wear a nappy like Eeth...” she stuttered and sobbed.

“Not for school darling. Not for school.” She comforted her distraught daughter. “We’ll sort something later but for now, go get washed and dressed and there’s breakfast waiting on the table. I need to get your brother up otherwise he’ll sleep ‘til lunchtime”

She smiled and encouraged Cindy to get a move on as she went to wake Ethan ready for his big first day.

However, when it came to Ethan, he didn’t dare stir from her cheery wake-up call; he knew the catastrophe that waited. The room smelled like a public urinal that was home to a family of overly nervous skunks. Whatever had been building up inside the boy had made a spectacular exit that morning.

#

Ethan lay staring off into space. He didn’t dare move for fear of making things worse. He could feel the soggy weight and imagine what had happened without being in the least bit aware of why. How could he have slept and not known he was filling his nappy in such a spectacular way? He shook at the thought knowing school was calling and he had to make a move. When his mother popped her head around the door and called him he was too stunned at what had occurred.

“Oh God Ethan, what the hell’s happened?” She said the moment the smell hit her senses.

He was still dumb with shame and disgust.

Jessica rushed in and threw open the window and then looked down at her son.

“Are you OK?” She asked concerned.

There was very little reaction from Ethan except misting up eyes as he contemplated his family’s reaction to this devastating development.

Jessica slowly pulled away his duvet to reveal his bloated sleepwear of bulging plastic pants and the full sludgy terry cotton nappy beneath. Although they’d done sterling work in the past, on this occasion, his plastic pants had leaked small amounts of urine and shit, which the bandage had absorbed. Whatever else needed to be attended to that seepage was of major concern if infection was to be avoided.

“Oh sweetie,” she was all heart and understanding, “let’s get you... oh... just a minute whilst I check Cindy’s finished in the bathroom.” She disappeared for a few seconds and he could hear a conversation going on.

“Yes love, you’ve done a very good job... now I need you to go and get dressed and I’ll see you downstairs OK?”

“I won’t need a nappy will I?”

“No sweetheart, just get yourself dressed and...”

“What’s that smell?”

“Nothing to concern yourself with... go to your room and close the door.”

He could hear all this going on in the bathroom whilst he struggled to come to terms with the mess his nappy, and parts of his bed were indicating, but why was Cindy asking if she needed a nappy?

Thankfully, the hefty breeze coming in the window was blowing pleasant late warm summer air into his room so the smell was being dissipated... unfortunately, in the direction of the landing. He sighed; it was going to be a very long day. The conversation he’d just overheard dissipating in his head as quickly as the smell but the heavy load in his protection couldn’t so easily be forgotten.  

Dejected he wanted an explanation for his full nappy. He hadn’t felt a stab of pain like a couple of days ago. In fact, he hadn’t felt anything, just woke up to that lousy realisation of something incredibly wrong. No bad dreams, no pain, no thoughts at all... so why had it happened? Why, on this day especially, had he dumped such a huge load in his bedtime insulation?

#

However, the weather was very accommodating for the start of a new term. The early sun was warm, the sky a wonderful shade of blue, yet a cloud hung over Ethan’s bedroom and all he could do was keep repeating the grief-stricken word “Sorry” to his mother.

What little confidence he’d had regarding his first day of ‘Big’ school was now shot to ribbons. All he could foresee was the huge thick mass he’d need to keep well protected and how he’d become the instant target for any school bully who saw him.

Again he sighed and swallowed hard in resignation. It had taken a little while for him to find his voice but even then was unsure what to say... sorry didn’t seem enough.

Thankfully, Jessica was on top of the situation and, having now got Cindy out of the bathroom, could get on with sorting out her son. The unreliable shuffle to get him there seemed to take an age but they were both just being careful. Once in the shower stall Jessica pulled down the plastic pants and another foul wave hit her but she did her best to avoid reacting too badly.  

Ethan was all but immune to the stench though glad to get the heavy bundle off his hips and into the shower tray.

“Sooorrryyy,” he meekly looked up at his mother as the disgusting messy load plopped to the floor, there wasn’t much else he could say.

Like her son she sighed in resignation but knew just how important this first day was and how first impressions counted. The mucky mass was unfortunate but there were more important things to consider.

“OK sweetheart let’s get you sorted... and ready for school shall we?”

#

Cindy had guessed what had happened but could hardly crow about it as she’d wet her bed as well. However, he mother hadn’t insisted on her wearing a nappy for school so dressed quickly, pulling on her school knickers hopefully to make it so mummy wouldn’t have second thoughts.

Meanwhile, after a thorough hosing and scrubbing down Ethan emerged all bright and shiny. Jessica led him back to his room where his new school uniform awaited its first outing.

“Mum,” he began to plead, “is there any way for me not to wear a nappy on my first day?”

He’d had time to think a bit about his situation lying there all stinky and gross and, in all honesty, expected he’d be bundled up and sent on his way well and truly padded. He wouldn’t have been surprised if he had to have a bell and shout “unclean, unclean” as he made his way through the streets. Well, that would perhaps have been a little extreme but he knew he’d already started his senior school year very badly.

“To be honest sweetheart I think it would be a mistake for you not to be well-padded.” A huge sigh escaped Ethan. “But I appreciate the anxiety that would cause... so... how about this?”

She reached into his top drawer and produced a pull-up that he hadn’t worn or seen before.

Ethan’s eyes went wide.

“What I’m suggesting is this - today you wear a pull-up, which hopefully will soak up any little ‘spills’. However, I’ve bought these,” she produced a pair of particularly glossy white pants, “to wear over them to help keep you leak-proof.”

Ethan looked relieved.

“They should give you time, if you have an accident, to get to the toilet and I’ll put a couple of spare pull-ups in your bag, so you’ll get chance to change. So, no nappy just a slightly thicker pair of underpants, let’s hope that will do, eh?”

She looked pleased with her solution as she thought pull-ups just looked like underpants so no one would notice them under his trousers.

Having gone to a great deal of trouble to find him something that didn’t look too childish, she passed the blue and white striped garment over for him to inspect.

“Are you sure?” He looked worried, after all, he’d seen, smelled and experienced that enormous morning load so wondered if this small, innocuous piece of fabric would be able to withstand even a fraction of what the nappy had. However, he was grateful to his mum for at least trying to find a solution to his concerns.

“Not really, I think you should be well-padded. However, what I am sure about is thick padding would make you even more stressed so I’m hoping this alternative will ease some of that worry.”

#

There was a little bit more discussion but Jessica managed to convince him at every level, this was the ‘best’ direction to go for the time being.

The pull-up offered some protection as it would subtly absorb any trickles.

The vinyl pants offered security and contain any overflow.

A bonus was that the vinyl was relatively quiet and, if seen, would look like normal white underwear.

All this had been planned by Jessica to take on-board his worries and alleviate an obvious thick bulge under his new grey school uniform trousers; she just hoped it would suffice... at least for this first day.

She didn’t tell him but if it didn’t work then a full nappy would have to be used and they’d have to disguise it the best they could. However, she was hopeful that the upcoming doctor’s examination would answer a lot of their questions.

#

Jessica offered to accompany Ethan to school if he thought it might help but Doug was calling and they’d do the two mile walk together. It was an empty offer really because she had to take Cindy to her school which started at the same time but was in the opposite direction. Her husband had the car and he was already at work so she couldn’t do both. Still, she hoped the offer would at least help her son get over some of his misgivings.

Once he was ready and dressed in his new uniform (Jessica thought how smart and grown up he looked) the outline in his pants was barely noticeable. Ethan felt quite good about it and when Doug and Mitch arrived he left the house with a surprising amount of confidence.

Meanwhile, Jessica was keen to find out why Cindy had suddenly wet the bed. It was something she hadn’t done since being potty trained over four years ago and wondered if she too was having worries or (she joked to herself) that Ethan’s problems were becoming contagious. However, joking aside, once she’d dropped Cindy off at school she’d buy her some pull-ups like she had Ethan, just to be on the safe side.

She was in two minds about having both her children back in protection. On the one hand she’d hoped all this wetting business was behind them both, but on the other, it was really nice having them being kids again. However, since Ethan had started wetting again, and all the extra laundry it initially produced, she was keen that if both her offspring were going through a wetting stage, she should be prepared. She’d got plenty of stuff in to cope with Ethan, she would be just as quick to ‘help’ sort out Cindy if needed.

#

Since waking up and finding she’d wet herself Cindy was unsure of what had happened or why. She knew that with her brother starting his new school this new term would in fact be the first time she’d had to go to school on her own. In the past she’d always had Ethan there to walk, chat and hold hands with; surely that couldn’t be the reason she woke up soaked, could it?

In class, she was so nervous about even the possibility of wetting again she kept asking to go to the toilet in almost every lesson. It got to such a state that teachers began asking if she was OK, with one of them particularly enquiring if “everything was OK at home?” Cindy didn’t get the nuance in the question, merely looking relieved when she returned to her desk without wet knickers.

When her mother came to collect her after school the headmistress decided to have a word and ask that same question “... is everything OK at home?” much to her embarrassment.

Apparently, most of the young girls were giggling and gossiping about Ethan’s nappies. Word had reached one of the teachers that an eleven year-old (later to be revealed as Cindy’s brother) needed protection and with his sister panicking about getting to the toilet, they wondered if there might be something more serious that was upsetting the children. The teachers had been told to be ever-watchful for tell-tale signs of ‘abuse’ and not to shirk their responsibilities if such a thing was suspected.

With Cindy waiting in the playground, reassured she’d completed the day without incident, her mother was given the third degree. Of course, once Jessica had explained the morning surprise and how hard it had hit the poor girl things became a little clearer and the headmistress nodded that she understood. However, Jessica left the office wondering if she had in fact allayed any fears on the school’s part.

Even on the walk home, other than saying she was scared of weeing again, Cindy didn’t know why she’d wet that night. Her mummy asked if she’d been scared of something or had a bad dream but Cindy just shrugged. However, what the eight year-old was unaware of was that added to her nightwear would be one of the lovely princess designed Huggies DryNites her mother had bought as a precaution.

That night both her kids would be well and truly protected and would remain so until she was absolutely sure there was no chance of either having a relapse.

# tbc #

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Although you said in 3 that Ethan's landing was relatively soft, two episodes of fecal incontinence in the aftermath of such an accident means that it's time for a Neurologist to enter the story.  The first episode in particular reads like pudendal neuropathy, but the soft landing argues against it.  It will be interesting to see what the scans reveal ... if they show anything at all.  

• Les Lea changed the title to Ethan’s Worries 1-10

Part 10

The first day of ‘Big’ school had been traumatic in some ways and fine in others. He’d expected to be picked on by older boys but found that didn’t happen. However, finding his way around the corridors, stairs and the sheer vastness of the place was all quite daunting. Add to that the fact he had to remember new teachers and a new timetable, it made for a rather hectic introduction to senior school.

What had made this introduction a little easier was the fact that a few of the other kids, kids he didn’t know, knew about the ‘famous stunt cyclist’. Mitch, Doug and Gary had done a remarkable job spreading the word and only Brian had hinted at that rumour as to whether Ethan wore a nappy or not. However, as his school pants offered no evidence of such an item he forgot about it and, like the rest of them, concentrated on negotiating the vast new surroundings, whilst trying to avoid bumping into any of the thousands of other kids.

The one fly in the ointment was that by lunchtime Ethan could feel his sopping expanded pull-up begin to disintegrate. It felt uncomfortable so had no option but to find the boy’s toilets and hope that he could take off his trousers, pull down his plastic pants, remove the sodden item and replace the entire thing without drawing attention to himself.

With stealth, and the far cubicle, he managed to do the first part of the proceedings and was standing holding his soaked pull-up in one hand and a fresh one in the other when there was the clatter of the main entrance door crashing open and the sound of people whispering. He held his breath but continued the clean-up, which was difficult because the toilet paper wasn’t all that absorbent and he hadn’t brought any wipes. Despite that he tried to unfold and slip into his fresh pull-up as silently as possible.

The conversation continued out by the wash basins as the main entry point kept up a succession of pupils coming and going. Shouts and laughter, bawdy secrets and speculation about certain girls was heard in brief snippets as Ethan maintained his code of dogged noiseless determination.

He was nervous that at any moment the stall door would be bashed in, a group of bullies would be smiling at his embarrassment and his secret would be revealed to the entire school. He cringed as he tentatively tried to get his plastic pants up and over the fresh new garment; there was a small but cringe-worthy amount of rustling. However, the constant stream of comings and goings kept the exterior noise level fairly high.

Eventually, he’d manoeuvred around and managed to slide into his trousers and the deed was complete, all he had to do now was dispense with the evidence. He knew it wouldn’t flush away, and besides, that would have drawn attention to the fact that someone was using the stall, so he just slipped it into his bag to be ‘lost’ at a different location.

He heard the voices rise in laughter then the main door opened and closed and all was quiet. Ethan slipped out, washed his hands before another group of young kids swept in to relieve themselves. He’d successfully done what he needed to do and was feeling pretty pleased with himself. Later, as he passed a bin outside the girl’s toilets he managed to ‘lose’ his wet pull-up without anyone discovering his secret.

#

On the walk home Ethan and Mitch discussed how much different school was to the last one they went to and both seemed quite satisfied they’d coped with the first day pretty well. It was the first opportunity Mitch had when there were just the two of them so asked if he was over his ‘problem’. Eeth had to admit that until he saw the doctor the following day, he still had to wear some protection but thankfully his mum had kept it to a minimum.

“Great mate... I bet you can’t wait to get out of them.” Mitch nudged his friend as he neared his home. “I think you’ve coped with everything... “

He left whatever else completed that sentence unsaid as he turned up the garden path and disappeared into his house.

Strangely, it was at that moment that Ethan became aware of the warming glow in the front of his pants. Thankfully, he only had another hundred yards to go before he’d be home.

#

It was just after four when he got in and mother and sister were already there.

“Well dear, how did the first day go?” His mum was cheerful, hopeful and full of questions. “Cindy’s told me all about hers so... how did it go for you?” She looked down at his crotch to indicate precisely to what she was referring.

“Oh fine, it’s a big place but... otherwise... fine, fine.”

“I mean, you know, the pull-ups,” she whispered the word as if she didn’t want anyone else to hear though there was no one else nearby.

“I coped but it did get a bit soggy at lunchtime but...”

“Are you wet now sweetie?”

He looked a little ashamed to admit it but his mother knew.

“OK, let’s get you changed and into something a bit more substantial whilst you’re at home.”

“But mum, this worked fine... I’m OK... just a bit...”

“OK, well let’s go to your room and we’ll just check shall we?”

There was no place to argue as she turned him around and gently began to guide him to the stairs.

MUM,” he tried to protest. “I’m fine...”

“Darling that’s good... I’m pleased for you but I need to check you’re not getting a rash and that the dressing on your injury is still in place so... scoot.” She tapped his soggy bottom.

The bandage had looked OK when he’d changed at lunchtime, and in truth, he’d not felt any tweaks or twerks during the day so had all but forgotten about it. However, he had wet and had known nothing about it until, well, after it had happened and the pull-up was beginning to come apart. He was more uncomfortable because of the bunching than the damp. In truth, now he was used to them he never felt uncomfortable during the night when he wore the thicker fabric nappy.

Jessica had him strip and could see the plastic pants had done their job holding together the rather well-used and incredibly soaked pull-up. Ethan wasn’t so much embarrassed as resolved that this is what happens now if he wets himself... his mum would want to sort it. He didn’t think it was as bad as it looked but the bandage had come away from his gashed leg and was in definite need of cleaning up and re-dressing. Without a pause she set right to it.

Once that was complete she organised a thick terry nappy and indicated for him to lie out and she would administer the re-dressing as well.

“Might as well get you ready now rather than do it all twice eh?”

She wasn’t expecting any chat so simply got on with making sure her son was well cushioned and his injury was equally sorted.

Although he thought the slimmed down protection had worked for school it had felt pretty uncomfortable at times and only really appreciated that fact when she put him in the thick fabric nappy he was now wearing.

There was something else he realised, because the pull-up needed to be pulled up it meant he had to take his trousers off. If he used a disposable, he could just lower his pants remove the offending article and simply replace it by pulling it between his legs... so much less hassle.

However, now he was padded he sat up in his room until teatime looking over his new timetable and doing the little bit of homework he’d been given.

#

At just after seven, as they were watching TV, Jessica told Cindy to get ready for bed and indicated that, as it had been a long and eventful day, Ethan wouldn’t be long after. Even though it was early he was glad to have an excuse for an early night and went up at the same time as his sister. Mum followed and joined Cindy in her room and, armed with the new princess pull-up, told her that for the next few nights she’d be wearing one for bed.

Ethan overheard the pleading in his sister’s voice and the demand not to be treated like Ethan.... like a baby. He also heard his mum explain in measured tones that as she’d wet the bed once there was no saying she wouldn’t again so, this WAS going to happen so she might as well get used to it.

Although Ethan was happy his sister was being put in protection he had to see for himself and, remembering how she’d just barged in on him when he was originally getting nappied decided he’d do the same.

“Erm, mum” he bounced innocently into Cindy’s room, “do you know what... Oh sorry, didn’t realise Cindy needed a nappy... I’ll...”

“Get out,” both mum and Cindy shouted.

Cindy was embarrassed and angry at her brother now knowing her shame.

“I’ll see to you later,” his mother continued but he’d already seen his little sister being put into her princess pull-ups... and it felt strangely satisfying. He wanted to say so much like ‘is my little sister having night time wee-wees?’ or the much more satisfying ‘princess pottypants’. However, he said nothing.

He could hear Cindy crying and having a little tantrum complaining that he’d tell everyone.

Although Jessica remembered how it had been when Cindy discovered her brother’s problem she tried to maintain a sympathetic tone, and soothe her fears.

“Your brother isn’t going to say anything sweetheart... he knows how upsetting it can be... and you are both in the same boat aren’t you?”

Her words weren’t helping as she tucked Cindy in and kissed her nighty-night.

“You just get a good night’s sleep and hopefully... well... things might well be different in the morning.”

She saw Cindy hugging her teddy and hoped that would help.

#

Back in his own bedroom Ethan was feeling pretty pleased that he’d witnessed his little sister getting her just desserts for the way she’d been acting, and the things he thought she’d been saying to his friends. However, he was wondering why she should have suddenly started wetting the bed, well, like he did.

He had noticed the pull-up, which he weirdly thought looked sweet, before her nightie hid it away. But he now wore a pull-up to school and wondered, despite the conversation he’d heard that morning, if she’d had to as well. He looked down at his own thick protection and briefly wondered if both he and Cindy were going to be back in nappies for the foreseeable future?

His mum came into his room.

“Mum, is Cindy having problems?” He tried to sound concerned.

She knew what he was inferring but decided to ignore it.

“Just a little mishap dear, but, like we did with you, a few precautions as it’s better to be safe about this type of thing. Now, are you wet?”

He was hoping for more information but she’d moved the conversation back to him.

“No, I’m fine.” She ran her finger under his leg hole to check anyway. “Shouldn’t Cindy wear...” he pointed to his own large padding.

“There’s no need at the moment sweetie only you need to be this well protected,” and then she smiled and whispered in his ear as she got him settled down. “You’ve done very well today darling and tomorrow, I’ll pick you up from school and we’ll go see the doctor together... hopefully, he’ll have some answers for us, eh?”

#

Ethan had the weirdest dream. In it he was going to school quite happily sporting a pull-up but with no trousers. This fact didn’t seem to worry him as he proudly displayed what he was wearing - it was a pair of his little sister’s princess pull-ups. Not only that, Mitch, Doug and just about everyone he saw was admiring them and saying how much they suited him. Teachers asked if this was now part of a new school uniform but again, nodded in approval at his daring look. He was feeling very proud of himself because everyone was being so positive and he saw himself as not only a ‘super stunt cyclist’ but a trend-setter.

His ego had become very inflated. He was telling anyone who’d listen about how comfortable they were to wear and that they were able to soak up loads and not show anything. To prove his point he stood and forced out a stream of pee into its soft fabric.

It was at this bragging point that he woke up and found himself copiously filling his own night time nappy. The warmth quickly being absorbed into the soft terry fabric only adding to the realisation he was going to be wearing a wet nappy for the rest of the night. He sighed in acquiescence, turned over and fell back to sleep. His dream continued where it had left off, but took a turn for the worse. Now he was trying to hide the bulging sopping-wet princess pants as they leaked down his leg. However, even as he tried to hide the pull-up’s short-comings, the compliments kept occurring and still he tried to pretend that all was well.

It was a bizarre and confusing situation but finally his mother was shaking him awake as a final stream of pee joined a fully sodden nappy.

“How’s my sweet cherub this morning?” She enquired with a chuckle as he struggled to consciousness. “Are you wet?” He nodded. “OK, well you’ll have to wait a few minutes as I need to sort your sister out first. “You might as well go and get your breakfast first and we can change you afterwards.

Back in the bathroom a sobbing Cindy was being stripped of her soaked pull-up and wet nightie. Jessica began to wonder if it was something she was doing that was causing both her kids to have such accidents.

#

Remembering what Cindy’s teachers had inferred, and despite normally veering towards the more cautious, Jessica decided that her daughter didn’t need her pull-up this time and hoped against hope that neither would regret that decision. Once Cindy was placated and told she only had to wear a pull-up at night, she seemed a lot more amenable to go to school in her normal outfit.

Cindy, all dressed properly saw Ethan at the kitchen table wearing his soaked nappy and smiled. Despite having wet for a second night the fact she was wearing knickers and not pull-ups meant she was a big girl... not like her baby brother. She saw the expanded slinky, wet bulk and discerned he’d have to wear some protection under his school trousers so felt superior as she sat down to breakfast.

After his bowl of cereal Ethan returned to his bedroom. His soaked nappy hung heavily suspended in the plastic pants but strangely it didn’t feel uncomfortable, although he was glad to unpin everything to take a shower. He knew to be thorough, as his mother had instructed, to make sure no remnants of pee clung to his body. He was indeed very, very methodical.

Unfortunately, a huge consciousness hit him as he sponged away the excess urine. He remembered that he’d actually wet himself on purpose, even though it was within the confines of a dream. He’d been showing off and flooded his nappy. He hoped no one ever found out but wondered if his feeling of absolute guilt about this intentional (though unintentional) act would give him away.

Unwittingly, this culpability meant that it slipped into his mental ‘things to worry about’ file.

After that he returned to his room and noticed mum had left another pull-up for him but also a thick extra soaker pad. He didn’t want to wear it but knew if it was there, it was to be used and she would brook no argument. It felt quite significant, but again, once covered in plastic and his school trousers pulled over them, looked reasonably OK. However, he could feel the difference and hoped that it wouldn’t attract attention.

# tbc #

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Not what I expected, but it may well be that schools in the UK march to the beat of a very different drum compared with this side of the pond..  If Ethan doesn't have to do Phys. Ed., then he doesn't need to worry about being outed in the boy's locker room, which is where I thought all his angst would climax.  And there must not be any hall monitors in the toilets to discourage kids from lighting up in the stalls between periods.  At my secondary school, an overlong stay in the john, or behind the handball court, culminated in an up close and personal with the Boy's VP.  And do secondary schools in the UK have a school nurse on the premises?  Does each student have a medical history on file?  If said nurse exists, does she interview new students to insure that their file is current?  In short, and by no means for the first time when reading fiction authored in the UK, the context here is very much at odds with this Yank's personal experience.  Here, as with the scene in the doctor's office, I am left to wonder where fact leaves off and fiction begins.      

On 7/12/2021 at 5:08 PM, Pierry Louys said:

Wow great chapter ! Now we have two bedwetting kids ! Maybe their mom has something with this maybe she wants to keep her babies rsrs

We'll see but glad you're enjoying it.

On 7/13/2021 at 8:16 AM, AdultInnocence said:

I think his sister is dealing with the change of not having his brother there to protect her even though she likes the thought of being the superior one.

Yes precisely.

On 7/13/2021 at 10:47 PM, maly said:

Thanks for the new chapter.

Maly.

As always.... many thanks for your support

On 7/13/2021 at 6:27 PM, Babypants said:

Not what I expected, but it may well be that schools in the UK march to the beat of a very different drum compared with this side of the pond..  If Ethan doesn't have to do Phys. Ed., then he doesn't need to worry about being outed in the boy's locker room, which is where I thought all his angst would climax.  And there must not be any hall monitors in the toilets to discourage kids from lighting up in the stalls between periods.  At my secondary school, an overlong stay in the john, or behind the handball court, culminated in an up close and personal with the Boy's VP.  And do secondary schools in the UK have a school nurse on the premises?  Does each student have a medical history on file?  If said nurse exists, does she interview new students to insure that their file is current?  In short, and by no means for the first time when reading fiction authored in the UK, the context here is very much at odds with this Yank's personal experience.  Here, as with the scene in the doctor's office, I am left to wonder where fact leaves off and fiction begins.      

Now then... I always feel that I've let you down in some huge way. My experience of High School ended many many years ago and as far as I remember we never had hall monitors keeping an eye on the toilets either indoors or outdoors (in the grounds). Any way Ethan wasn't smoking just being secretive and managing pretty well doing so. I think there is (or was) a huge discrepancy between the UK and US schools system and I have no idea if there are now nurses at all levels of school life as I'm not involved.

The only thing I can say is that everything you read (and thank you for doing so) is out of my head... some will be factual, actual but mostly fiction... some of it is to titillate, amuse and maybe entertain. Please don't take any of my stories as documentary evidence  as I cannot vouch for any of it. I have to say - even Ethan is a made up character... although the story isn't.... or is it?

I hope you all continue to enjoy it at the level I have set and sorry if I disappoint anyone on that journey (yuk... journey... I wish I hadn't used that term).

Hugs for a brighter Covid free future.

Les

• Les Lea changed the title to Ethan’s Worries 1-20