LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Kidney And Bladder Ultrasound

Hi Baby Eddie--

2 possible tests they may want to do, 1) a flow test, to see how quickly the bladder voids when full, and 2) ultrasound after to check for any residual urine still in the bladder. Very common tests, and painless; diagnostic for what's going on with urinary symptoms. I've had both of these, along with Cystocopy and finally urodynamics. Urologist pronounced my bladder "weird".

Gimwet

The idea for increasing fluid (water) intake is to be able to flush out your bladder realitively quickly from the dye they will inject. The dye itself can be an irratant to some people, so the added water in your system means that the dye is diluted. Also, increased water in your system means there is little chance that you reabsorb the injected dye with the water to conserve water loss.

I suspect that you have a kidney infection or something similar and that your doctor is trying to see the extent of the damage, if any exists.

For the doctor to ask you to not pee for an hour means he/she is trying to see the strength of your urinary sphincter muscle compared with the elasticicy of your bladder. He also may want to see the efficency of the bowmans capsule and its inbuilt valve system (laymans terms).

In reality, there is nothing to worry about.

Hardest thing i remember about the test is when the wrap the clamp around you to force urine to back up a little so the can see into kidneys.

other wise nothing like they used to be 30 years ago sort of fun watching the camera as they look insid you.

My last trip to the clinic for a "flow test" was a waste if time as I had to drink plenty of water as guess what-nothing happened until the clinic closed :badmood:

It was only on the bus on the way home that it all came out and I had a flood :badmood::badmood:

All the test involved was peeing into a toilet that had a little gadget in it to measure flow and volume, but if you cant go then you cant go!

I also had the dye injection and x-rays to check out the Kidney function and the only bummer with that was the dye was very cold and uncomfortable when injected into the vein! :blush:

• 2 months later...
Guest dodgedart

They never asked me to drink plenty

but did ask me to drink a bottle of stuff tpo make ya poo the night before. they wanted me cleaned out and no food drink after midnight.,Before the dye and X ray.

The 3 test they did was

1) they dyed me up and X rayed me

2) They ultra sounded me

3) looked inside the blader with a camera { now that hurt after for days }

Guest dodgedart

hardest thing i remember about the test is when the wrap the clamp around you to force urine to back up a little so the can see into kidneys.

other wise nothing like they used to be 30 years ago sort of fun watching the camera as they look insid you.

Thats what they did me shoot me with some thing to deaden it up some put a clamp on the penis after awhile put a camera in and looked around inside
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi i would like to add my 2 cents worth in about your kidney and bladder ultrasound - for a start i will say *I am not a sonographer but i have take some people to have an ultrasound, and was able to watch and see the ultra sound and talk to the soographer(person that does the ultra sound )

when they ultra sound your kidneys they can see the blood flow to your kidneys no problems and see ur ureter's the tubes from your kidney's to your bladder where your urine is stored till the time of empting your bladder occours. but the problem the sonographer said with the person i took was they had an empty bladder, -and if you have an empty bladder it is not able to be seen by ultrasound - that is why they requested you to have a full bladder. not neccisarly to see how fast you void or that type of stuff althought they could have done a test to see if there was retention. maybe