LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Save Trans Lives

Elfy

There was a court ruling yesterday that has denied treatment to trans youth. The ruling means that children and teenager can no longer be given medication that delays puberty. This is important because it allows these people to hold off on changes happening to their bodies until they are at an age where they can decide whether or not to transition.

For many people this is LIFESAVING treatment. To be denied it is cruel and dangerous. Puberty is hard for any teenager but going through it when you are trans can be incredibly traumatic and is very avoidable without complication. Many, many trans children just had their treatment summarily withdrawn.

There is a crowd funder (I'm not affiliated with it in any way) for the appeal and to challenge the law that brought such a situation about: https://www.crowdjustice.com/case/transgender-lives/

It's a very difficult time for everyone but if you have anything spare please consider helping out.

Please note: This is the "Rainbow Diapers" section and is for LGBT people and their allies. Any comments debating the merits of treatment or playing down trans people's rights to healthcare will be deleted. If you don't agree just close the topic and move on.

@Elfy

The only thing that I will "debate" is WHY would someone deny this treatment to trans-youth?  I don't see any harm in allowing the treatments, unless someone is against the transgender treatment that allows youth to transition.  If youth really believe they are one gender or another gender, or they identify as "other" or "fluid", and want to do so, what is the harm in it occurring, so long as there is an adult present?

Is the idea of denying the treatment a way to make sure that teens cannot get the treatment at all?  In my mind, if someone feels like they are a girl, or feels like they are a guy, and they feel that way after a number of years, and they want to go through the physical transition, they need to be able to take the drugs that will help them with the transition process. 

2 hours ago, Elfy said:

For many people this is LIFESAVING treatment. To be denied it is cruel and dangerous. Puberty is hard for any teenager but going through it when you are trans can be incredibly traumatic and is very avoidable without complication. Many, many trans children just had their treatment summarily withdrawn.

Agreed:  I am a supporter of the RIGHT to be able to ask for and receive this treatment.  It is incredibly hard to be one gender when you feel that you are another.  I have heard stories of youth that are messed up REALLY bad because they want to transition, and cannot, and have no support, or very little understanding, so they are depressed really bad and may do something DRASTIC, such as ending their lives.

What the HECK is wring with the court system? (In the UK that is)

Dumbfounded,

Brian

Edited by ~Brian~
Added Additional Information

This ruling has effectively denied treatment to any and all trans people in the UK who are under eighteen-years-old.

The treatment of trans people in this country is a travesty already but this is something that must be pushed back against. Children have committed suicide in the past due to gender dysphoria and this ruling is ensuring there is no help for any of them. Waiting until you're an adult sounds easy from the outside but if that's you it can mean many, many years of pain and torture when an effective treatment exists but is denied. Imagine then going through male puberty if you are female. Your voice deepens, your adam's apple becomes prominent, facial hair, growth in places you don't want it... It makes transitioning A LOT harder later and must be like a horror show. It's the same in reverse. Going through female puberty if you're male. With the chest growth and everything else. All these things will require a lot more medical intervention to fix than puberty blockers.

These children and teenagers are NOT getting hormone therapy and they aren't getting surgery. There is no irreversible changes happening for these people. If they change their minds they can come off the puberty blockers and continue with their lives.

The argument is that chjildren can't make this decision. Evidence shows only 4% of people who take puberty blockers regret their decision whilst 95% of them go on to fully transition. This suggest minors are perfectly capable of knowing who they are and just need help achieving it. To argue these kids don't know if they are a boy or a girl is absurd.

For added insult to injury... It hasn't been clarified by the courts yet but the ruling seems to suggest that if parents take their children abroad for treatment they could end up having them taken away by social services.

The TERF lobby in the UK is absurdly big and being trans here is incredibly difficult. I firmly believe things will get better but it's a dire situation right now and trans people need all the help and allies they can get.

• Confused 1
  • 5 weeks later...
On 12/2/2020 at 10:47 PM, ~Brian~ said:

@Elfy

The only thing that I will "debate" is WHY would someone deny this treatment to trans-youth?  I don't see any harm in allowing the treatments, unless someone is against the transgender treatment that allows youth to transition.  If youth really believe they are one gender or another gender, or they identify as "other" or "fluid", and want to do so, what is the harm in it occurring, so long as there is an adult present?

And it sounds like it's denying puberty-delaying medication, which unlike cross-sex hormones is 100% reversible. It just puts puberty on pause, if they stop taking the meds, puberty resumes. Even if you think they can't know for sure what gender they are until a certain age, what's the harm in delaying puberty until then?

Being gay and having so many trans people in my life I reall feel bad for those that want to keep taking the medication and now have to go through puberty and decide later after going through the bodily changes. I dont think its fair at all for government to have that kind of power, and use it in such a damaging way. I pray for those that want to transition and I have the deepest empathy for you all.

• Like 3