LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Beginnings Of Incontinence?

for the past 4 days whenever i pee it has a very large amount of blood in it and it's a bit thicker then it should be, i saw a doctor about it yesterday and he thinks it's a kidney stone but he's not sure.

i personally don't think it is a kidney stone because i don't feel any pain where the kidneys are but i do feel a small but nearly constant pain an inch down and to the right of my belly button, and no it doesn't burn when i pee.

they got an x-ray of my kineys and bladder but it didn't find a kidney stone or anything that would cause the bleeding, which isn't surprising because he said that they rarely do show up on an x-ray.

he wanted me to get something called a ct scan but since i on't have any insurance he decided against it because it would get a bit pricey.

at this point we're playing the waiting game to see if anything happens and to get the results back from a blood test, he's pretty much hoping it is a kidney stone and that it will pass in a few days so he's told me to just call if anything happens and to get to the emergency room.

needless to say it's a bit scary to see this much blood in my diaper.

i'm wondering if any of the incontinent members of this forum started out this way or if anyone knows what else it could possibly be.

for the past 4 days whenever i pee it has a very large amount of blood in it and it's a bit thicker then it should be, i saw a doctor about it yesterday and he thinks it's a kidney stone but he's not sure.

i personally don't think it is a kidney stone because i don't feel any pain where the kidneys are but i do feel a small but nearly constant pain an inch down and to the right of my belly button, and no it doesn't burn when i pee.

they got an x-ray of my kineys and bladder but it didn't find a kidney stone or anything that would cause the bleeding, which isn't surprising because he said that they rarely do show up on an x-ray.

he wanted me to get something called a ct scan but since i on't have any insurance he decided against it because it would get a bit pricey.

at this point we're playing the waiting game to see if anything happens and to get the results back from a blood test, he's pretty much hoping it is a kidney stone and that it will pass in a few days so he's told me to just call if anything happens and to get to the emergency room.

i'm wondering if any of the incontinent members of this forum started out this way or if anyone knows what else it could possibly be.

I hope you don't have too much to worry about - I don't think a stone will be likely to lead to incontinence - but do know how worrying the symptoms you describe can be - hope you feel better soon.

It is good thing you are under a doctors care as they dont seem that worried about it-so perhaps you should try not to worry too much-easier said than done I know.

Hopefully it will turn out to be something very simple. :doctor:

Best of luck and keep us posted.

restlessfox,

A 'Kidney stone' is calcium build-up in your kidneys. Usually, when you notice the effects (blood in urine etc), the stone is too small to be picked up by x-ray or even a ct scan. As you are probably aware, the kidneys filter impurities from your blood stream to produce urine, and this is done 24/7. Any blockage in the filtration system causes you to leak blood into your bladder, which causes the blood in your urine. The blood happens to be extremely dark (due to the lack of oxygen in it).

For you own piece of mind, urinary incontinence is caused by either a fault in the control of the sphincter muscle, or a fault or damage in the muscle itself. Since the muscle is located between the bladder and the urethra (tube in penis), this is far enough away from the kidneys so not to be affected. The problem you are having is not going to cause incontinence.

Please note that I am only referring to urinary incontinence in a prior toiled-trained individual, rather than incontinence as found in a newborn. Newborn urinary incontinence is due (in order) 1- Underdeveloped sphincter muscle, thus it is constantly open. 2-Reflex from conditioning - After muscle is fully developed, any bladder pressure causes sphincter muscle to open. 3-Overflow - Vasopressin (ADH) not being produced in high enough quantities to reabsorb water in kidneys. Thus, bladder fills, stretches and overflows to non-stretched size. It is not until the child is thought to empty its bladder does it learn to flex the bladder (it is a muscular bag) and empty same. Note: A newborns sphincter muscles remain in the open position while growing and sleeping. It is fright that causes a newborn to flex its bladder muscle and empty what is remaining into its diaper. At that stage, the newborn tenses all muscles and will close both sphincter muscles. Also, a baby with fully developed sphincter muscles will relax both while sleeping. It is normal that once a baby reaches six months old, it can fully close its sphincter muscles. At that stage, if communication could be established, it would be possible to toilet train the child. Since cognitive abilities do not develop fully until the child is 12-14mths old, toilet training is not possible until then. At that stage, it would be extremely traumatic to toilet train a child. Although there is no research to agree with this, I do think that children toilet trained by 18mths (primarily males) are the original source for the current AB/DL scene. The reason I state males since males cognitive abilities do not develop until usually 2 months later than their female counterpart.

See http://www.dailydiapers.com/board/index.php?showtopic=7649 where I have started a poll in relation to this.

I am no doctor but I would be concentrating on what caused this. Small things we forget to do might have something to do with it. Like water. Are you drinking enough water?

I am no doctor but I would be concentrating on what caused this. Small things we forget to do might have something to do with it. Like water. Are you drinking enough water?

Oxygenated (light coloured) blood comes from damaged organs as it is under pressure. Non-oxygenated (dark coloured) blood comes from a fault/blockage in the filtration system. However, it can also come from a cut/ulceration of any of the cell walls. Due to the fact that non-oxygenated blood is not under pressure, a cut or infection normally closes within an hour or two.

Therefore, using only this information as a basis of diagnosis, the blood is coming from the filtration system of the kidneys. BTW, blood is normally found in urine, but the blood found there has no haemoglobin (the stuff that makes it red) - the bowmans capsule normally filters this out.

2. Restlessfox stated that he has a constant, dull pain 2" to the right of his bellybutton. That location is the lower intestine, or appendix. If the kidneys are giving problems, due to the fact that there are very little nerves in the actual kidneys, pain is transferred to surrounding organs - intestine, appendix etc.

3. Restlessfox is currently seeing a medical professional.

4. In he was my patient, I would first check for kidney damage etc, run a blood and urine test (test for infection) an x-ray (calcium content and bone density) followed by a ct scan (if no infection was found). As he stated already, his medical professional is already looking in to this.

The first symptom of not consuming enough water is headache and a parched mouth, not incontinence or kidney problems. Drinking water will make you 'thick'. The two functions of ADH (vasopressin) is to 1.reabsorb water from the kidneys, 2.focus the mind. If you increase your water content so as not to need to reabsorb water, you also can't focus your mind. Therefore, as I stated, too much water will confuse the mind and make you stupid.

Check this for reference...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bowman's_capsule

http://www.liv.ac.uk/~petesmif/teaching/1b...dney/filter.htm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hemoglobin

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vasopressin

http://kidney.niddk.nih.gov/kudiseases/pubs/utiadult/

http://digestive.niddk.nih.gov/ddiseases/p...tones/index.htm

• 4 months later...

Stones can be hard to see on xrays. However, you might consider a second opinion. I have worked with lots of urologists. Personally, I would not trust one who says stones rarely show on xrays. One thing to remember about doctors, it doesn't matter if they made straight A's or D's in med school. They all get to be called DOCTOR. It is also possible you had a stone and passed it without knowing. Stones can irritate and tear the tissue in your ureter on the way out, causing the pain and bleedng you described.

restlessfox,

A 'Kidney stone' is calcium build-up in your kidneys. Usually, when you notice the effects (blood in urine etc), the stone is too small to be picked up by x-ray or even a ct scan. As you are probably aware, the kidneys filter impurities from your blood stream to produce urine, and this is done 24/7. Any blockage in the filtration system causes you to leak blood into your bladder, which causes the blood in your urine. The blood happens to be extremely dark (due to the lack of oxygen in it).

(snip)

Bk:

There's a whole taxonomy of types of stones....they get made of different materials, of which calcium is merely the most common....a friend of mine has passed a couple, quite painfully....and changing what you eat and drink has some bearing on what type of stone is formed.

• 2 months later...

sorry to resurrect an old thread but my old laptop died around the time i started this one and figured you all deserved an update and some thanks for your info.

first of all thanks so much everyone, some of these posts have a lot of research behind them and i want you all to know i truly appreciate it.

and now for the update, i'm Very relieved to say that i'm no longer bleeding from where no guy should ever bleed and my bladder is about as good as a long haul trucker's. i never figured out what caused this little scare but at least i know it wasn't one of the more serious causes like kidney disease thanks to a urine test and a few blood tests.

i never did pass a kidney stone as far as i know but like ranger said i could've passed it without knowing, if i did thank god for that, from what i've heard about them they can be quite painful.

i'm a little embarrassed to admit this but the doctor did find out what the pain was from by looking at the x-ray, i was severely constipated. :blush:

i actually do have a theory about why this happened even though i'm probably wrong judging by the amount of time i actually was bleeding (about 2 weeks from what i remember) it could've been a combination of the constipation and that case of abenas i bought. i remember one day when i was lying down on my bed watching tv while wearing one and had to go, so i forced some out while still lying down and it did hurt a little. i don't remember exactly how long after that this started because it has been a while but i guess it's a possibility.

Stones can be hard to see on xrays. However, you might consider a second opinion. I have worked with lots of urologists. Personally, I would not trust one who says stones rarely show on xrays. One thing to remember about doctors, it doesn't matter if they made straight A's or D's in med school. They all get to be called DOCTOR. It is also possible you had a stone and passed it without knowing. Stones can irritate and tear the tissue in your ureter on the way out, causing the pain and bleedng you described.

this doctor came highly recommended to me by someone who has seen her fair share of doctors so i would be pretty surprised if he went through med school with low grades, granted he was a general pracitioner and not a urologist but the urologist he referred me to just about said the same exact things he did, so based on that and the fact that he got rid of the blood clot in my leg i trust that he actually knows what he's doing.

sorry to resurrect an old thread but my old laptop died around the time i started this one and figured you all deserved an update and some thanks for your info.

(snip)

Thanks for the update

Did you ever figure out why you were constipated? That's worth looking into or resolving to avoid...Both myself and a different friend of mine have needed IV fluids when something got into our guts, blocked them, and we didn't drink enough water. In my case, I had food poisioning.

Suggestion is to eat more fruits and veggies, as these give vitamin C and fiber, both necessary to proper functioning of the guts.

Dill Pickle