LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Tena PROskin slip

They may have a different name outside the UK. Can anyone offer any experience with these new "nappies" from Tena? I love the active fit Ultima with plastic backing, a really secure nappy, which I can just let go and wet, they can see me through a night and upto 10hr if I'm having frequency issues.

I've just ordered some new items and included a pack of the PROskin in a daytime absorbency to try. They appear to have the breathable backing, has this improved or will I get wet pants if I just relax and let it go without extra protection?

Sounds exciting; I like the cloth-backed nappies.  Hopefully they'll have better tapes than the regular Tena Slip (non-AF) because they were my primary complaint about those nappies.  I like the Active Fit ones; the tapes are excellent but I yearn for a cloth-backed nappy that has no compromises.

The Tena PROskin is just the Confi-Air in a different packaging, as just as useless. They are designed for the medical industry at a low cost per unit for bedridden patients. In that case, it is not important that they leak, as in a proper medical setting, the patient is sedated, has an indwelling catheter connected to a urinary collection device, and the diaper is only used for stool leakage and/or some urine leakage from around the catheter. Also, when the diaper is changed, as is usually the bed clothes.

The diaper is designed from the supposed feedback of medical experts (ex / failed nurses and doctors) as breathable. Read breathable as leaks like a sieve.

From my own personal experience with these both the Confi-air and the PROskin, any movement will cause the sides of the diaper to stretch. As it is cloth-feel plastic, it is not elastic, so the diaper tends to get looser over time. The absorbancy is critically reduced due to the leakage at the sides and the rear. The tapes are the velcro type but have a landing zone of cloth-feel. This cloth-feel with velcro behaves like sticky tape on cotton wool = its strands clog the hooks of the velcro and the tapes release. One would reasonably expect the tape to re-stick, but this is not possible. Normally, with a PE / plastic backing, one can reinforce weak / failing tapes with sticky-tape, but this does not work on the cloth-like cover.

As I have stated before, this type of cloth-like breathable diaper with the velcro tapes is less useful as a diaper than a single layer or linen as a diaper. One has to add inserts to increase its absorbancy to a normal level, use thick brown tape (or similar) wrapped multiple times to keep diaper on, and add plastic pants to reduce leakage. From a top-down view, one has to assemble a disposable diaper package to be able to use this diaper as a diaper.

The addition of the PROskin / Confi-Air product range nearly cost Tena its non bedridden customer market, so they had to recreate the production line for the PE/plastic backed diaper - which they refer to as Active-Fit - as a link to diaper dependent customer that actually have a pulse and move.

My suggestion with these is use wadded toilet paper, yesterdays newspaper, anything else.

On 5/5/2020 at 10:25 AM, Boby said:

They may have a different name outside the UK. Can anyone offer any experience with these new "nappies" from Tena? I love the active fit Ultima with plastic backing, a really secure nappy, which I can just let go and wet, they can see me through a night and upto 10hr if I'm having frequency issues.

I've just ordered some new items and included a pack of the PROskin in a daytime absorbency to try. They appear to have the breathable backing, has this improved or will I get wet pants if I just relax and let it go without extra protection?

Not only will you get wet pants, you will get wet walls, floors etc, as this diaper falls to the floor.

On 5/5/2020 at 5:22 PM, TinyBunny said:

Sounds exciting; I like the cloth-backed nappies.  Hopefully they'll have better tapes than the regular Tena Slip (non-AF) because they were my primary complaint about those nappies.  I like the Active Fit ones; the tapes are excellent but I yearn for a cloth-backed nappy that has no compromises.

Sorry to disappoint you, but the tapes are (and I didn't think it was possible) worse than the Tena Slip Confi-Air. The tapes on Tena have not been the best, but one can assist them with short lengths of sticky tape. (due to the plastic baking). The velcro / cloth backing are even worse.

20 minutes ago, babykeiff said:

As it is cloth-feel plastic, it is not elastic, so the diaper tends to get looser over time.

Yes.  You hit the nail on the head there.  But I love soft things and I really want us to be able to have a decent cloth-backed nappy that stretches more elastically around our waist.  Pampers can do that with their Active Fit nappies but there's just one problem: they won't fit on a 230 lb bunny like me.

• Like 1

Don't touch them!  I tecently broke a rib and couldn't change properly so i ordered some of these at best part of £27.  very little SAP where guys need it,leak guards leak. capacity is nowhere near the stated.  If you are sitting when you pee expect wet clothes and seat.  The only good thing about them is the tapes.  I will never use this product again after this pack.

• Like 1

Thanks for the info, I'm glad I just ordered a single pack, the other 5 were active fit.

I haven't tried them yet, but I'm not surprised that they leak, clothbacked nappies have never been very good, but I was hoping these would have improved. Previous experience with cloth backed nappies has always lead to wet clothes or bed from leaks or dampness through the backing, well before reaching capacity!

For extra confidence during my wetting, I use pvc and terry pants over my nappies at night so I can wake, wee and sleep with minimal disturbance, my bed, & often the terry pants are still dry in the morning. Does that sounds like a sanitary towel advert?

I guess this extra protection will definately be needed before I try a gaming evening wearing a daytime absorbancy Proskin nappy.