LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Curse You, Ups!

UPS has a problem with being unable to deliver things to my apartment complex before 5pm, which is when the Rental Office is open. (I tend to get home around 8pm, which is well after they show up.) This means that deliveries often hit the three attempt limit. Now they've decided that since I asked for one package (a DVD or something from Amazon) to be redirected to my office, that they can redirect all my packages to my office, sometimes before ever attempting to deliver it to my apartment. This is a problem because I don't drive, and it would be impossible for me to get a case of diapers home from work on my bike. On top of this, I have a shared office, so even if I get them shipped discreetly, I would have to deal with questions about what was in the large unmarked box. (Especially if I ask someone to give me a lift home to drop them off.)

Now, I'm starting to run out of good diapers, and while I have some bad ones I can use for a while, I want to stock up again. However, with UPS being the way they are, I can't risk ordering anything online that UPS might be delivering. I especially want to try Secure Care X-plus, but they seem to ship with UPS exclusively. Nobody in my area sells them, and more to the point since I live so close to work and don't drive, I don't want to have to go somewhere in person. Anyone have any suggestions?

Have a neighbor get it for you, if you trust them.

Get a Post Office Box and Pick It Up another way.

Leave it at UPS, and pick up at a litte later

You might need to skip work to pick it up, if you haven't taken a sick day

If you have a license rent a car or borrow from a friend and pick it up

You might need to tell the people where you ship it too to have them ship it at a later date. Do it on a day you don't work, or a Saturday or Sunday, make sure they deliver it on a day you can be there.

Call them and find out when they are going to deliver it, maybe ask your landlord to hold the package and then pick it up from here

Have a neighbor get it for you, if you trust them.

I don't know any of my neighbours.

Get a Post Office Box and Pick It Up another way.

UPS doesn't deliver to post office boxes, and the post office is too far away for me to get the diapers from there anyways.

Leave it at UPS, and pick up at a litte later

UPS isn't giving me the option. They're just proactively redirecting it to my office.

You might need to skip work to pick it up, if you haven't taken a sick day

I'm not going to abuse my company's generous sick day policy.

If you have a license rent a car or borrow from a friend and pick it up

I don't have one.

You might need to tell the people where you ship it too to have them ship it at a later date. Do it on a day you don't work, or a Saturday or Sunday, make sure they deliver it on a day you can be there.

I think UPS charges a ton for weekend delivery.

Call them and find out when they are going to deliver it, maybe ask your landlord to hold the package and then pick it up from here

The landlord would hold it if UPS would deliver it to the rental office. The problem is that UPS isn't getting here during business hours.

UPS delivers my diapers, and I solved the problem by putting a special instructions thingy on my order that reads. "Please Leave On Doorstep DO NOT Drop Off At Office" So far, its worked great. Also, the UPS store offers PO boxes to which they will deliver.

I don't know about where you are, but around here we have a UPS store. Essentially a 'post office' for UPS where you can get P.O. Boxes which accept mail and UPS shipments.

Also what I have done a few times in the past is ordered the product as per usual. Upon receiving the shipment confirmation email (and tracking number), I called UPS and had stated for them to hold it at the depot, and picked it up at my convenience. Though I have a car and that makes it easy for me to say. I suppose if you have cheap taxi fares and a UPS depot close by....

~BabyDavey

You mean they're refusing to do 'hold for pickup?' (where you go down to their local depot and collect it yourself). You should be able to ask the sender to mark the shipment as being hold for pickup. It doesn't cost anything.

http://www.ups.com/content/us/en/shipping/...old_pickup.html

Both the UPS store and the UPS depot are further from my apartment than my office, so having them hold for pickup at either place doesn't help me.

Both the UPS store and the UPS depot are further from my apartment than my office, so having them hold for pickup at either place doesn't help me.

Well then I'd say your options are pretty much limited to paying the extra for a guaranteed time service...

what kind of bike do u ride? check local thrift stores or craigslist for a child trailer, i hav one and it can hall a case of diapers and handle a trip to the grocery store(u can see it in the backround of my pic)

what kind of bike do u ride? check local thrift stores or craigslist for a child trailer, i hav one and it can hall a case of diapers and handle a trip to the grocery store(u can see it in the backround of my pic)

I don't know if I'd want a child trailer per se, but a cargo trailer for my bike would definitely work. That said, it would definitely be cheaper to take a cab a few times than to buy a trailer. (It's a mountain bike, BTW.) Apart from the extremely rare ferrying diapers from the UPS store, I wouldn't really need the trailer for anything else, since I live two blocks from the grocery store and usually just walk there.

Of course, if there's somewhere that sells the Secure Care X-Plus that uses FedEx, that would work even better.

What I would do is talk to a neighbor, they're usually easy to deal with, & will lend a hand from time to time. I say this because without transpo, this will be the easiest way for you to get your pkg. UPS will not leave a pkg at an apt. without a signature unless the pkg has what they call a shipper release, which enables the driver to leave the pkg without a sig. but then you run the risk of having your pkg stolen. I know this because I have lived your pain of aquiring diapers in a similar situation. The only other option is to have UPS put your pkg on what they call will-call, & you can pick them up at your conveinience. Good luck!