LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Urologist

My PCP is aware of my night wetting and recommended seeing

a urologist. Since this is nothing new I'm inclined to not go but am

wondering what a initial visit may be like.

bye bye baby eddie

My own experience: They ran a bajillion tests on me and came up with the diagnosis of a spastic bladder. None of the tests were too invasive, but I do remember one in which they injected dye into my bloodstream, then began administering fluids and used imaging technology to watch my bladder fill. The test was supposed to last 20 minutes as they watched to see how my bladder would react. I couldn't even make it for five. They had to stop the test so I wouldn't wet all over myself and all their equipment.

I'd like to assure you that any competent urologist would not be judgmental and has probably seen incontinence in all age brackets.

bye bye baby eddie

I have been to a urologist to. First she wanted to know my medical history and also did a urinalysis. she did a urodynamic testing on me which a cath is put in to you bladder to determine how it acts when you get the urge. I have a overactive bladder / urge incontinence which is why I wear diapers now. I am also a diabetic and have had wetting problems for most of my life. I was a bed wetter until 16 and then started having problems during the day which is when i decided to find some diapers to help.

I have tried Detrol and Vesicare and even a patch that is worn on your skin. The first two I started having some reactions to them that only made me go more. It made my mouth drier so I just wanted to drink more which in turn made me wet more. It got to the point that I was buying diapers and pills which got to be expensive so I just gave up and stuck with wearing diapers.

So it depends on your medical history and what test the urologist might want to do to determine your problem. Do you only wet at night? or during the day to?

I have been to a urologist to. First she wanted to know my medical history and also did a urinalysis. she did a urodynamic testing on me which a cath is put in to you bladder to determine how it acts when you get the urge. I have a overactive bladder / urge incontinence which is why I wear diapers now. I am also a diabetic and have had wetting problems for most of my life. I was a bed wetter until 16 and then started having problems during the day which is when i decided to find some diapers to help.

I have tried Detrol and Vesicare and even a patch that is worn on your skin. The first two I started having some reactions to them that only made me go more. It made my mouth drier so I just wanted to drink more which in turn made me wet more. It got to the point that I was buying diapers and pills which got to be expensive so I just gave up and stuck with wearing diapers.

So it depends on your medical history and what test the urologist might want to do to determine your problem. Do you only wet at night? or during the day to?

I wet every night until age 16 and was down to 1-2 times a month by 18. About 12 years ago

I strated drinking 8 or so glasses of water a day and realized I had been dehydrated and wetting

at night doubled. It's more frequent now. I only have infrequent daytime accidents.

Best to get yourself seen by an expert and let them tell you what they think, as for worrying about their reaction-"dont" they will have seen it all before !

They may want to do a few tests later on that may involve a "urodynamic" test which is no big deal as baby Tom said, slight discomfort when the catheter is put in but other than that it should be OK :thumbsup: That one test will tell them loads about your condition and is fairly simple to do.

Best of luck in getting yourself sorted out. :beer:

Well, I've been to a number of urologists over the years. It's nothing too much to worry about. They're certainly used to seeing people with problems controlling urination.

Others have described the kinds of tests you may have to go through. They're not pleasant, but you'll survive it.

The main advantage of going is to attempt to find out what the problem causing your condition is. In my own case, they have never found a definitive answer, althouth they suppose there is some kind of nerve damage. Most recently I went to see a urologist after my urge incontinence became progressively more frequent after being in a steady state for many years. Since several people in my family have died from bladder cancer, I was concerned that I might be developing it too. Having the urologist determine that that was NOT the case was a major relief.

In addition, he prescribed a skin patch that contains a drug that has helped a bit with the symptoms without causing any unpleasant side effects. It hasn't helped enough to get me out of diapers, but I do manage to use the bathroom instead of wetting myself more often than had been the case before I started to wear the patch.

• 3 weeks later...

I went to the urologist in a goodnite with the cars print under some big

boy briefs. I had to pee in a cup and then they did an ultrasound on my

bladder (the nurse pulled down my goodnite and didn't say anything) and

said it did not completely empty but wasn't terrible about 1/8th full. The dr.

also checked me out. The dx is OAB (over active bladder). They ordered

some additional testing in which I am to drink 24oz of water an hour before

and not pee (right). :roflmao:

• 2 weeks later...

I went to a urologist last year for a high PSA result indicating I had a large prostate. I waited in his office for 30 minutes, was made to pee in a beaker and then he told me to schedule a biopsy for my prostate. That was no fun for me. You are lucky you are only going in for nocturnal enuresis.

bye bye baby eddie

Secondary nocturnal enuresis (bed/sleep wetting after being previously dry at night) has numerous causes, but its primary cause is hormonal. Vasprossen or anti-duretic hormone is released in the kidneys to reabsorb water to prevent water loss. This happens 24/7. The second cause is a weak/damaged sphincter muscle usually caused by a bladder infection. Prostate problems can affect your bladders ability to expand and compress, and result in temporary overflow incontinence.

Currently, medical science can not cure either without side effects. The only cure is to increase water consumption and start Kegel excercises. This enables the bladder to flush out any infection involved and the Kegel excercises will strengthen your sphincter muscle. The added water will also dilute the ADH so the hormone production will be increased. Once the body repairs the dammage (sphincter etc), you will regain bladder continence if you so wish. The reason I state 'if you wish' is that the body will behave to suit your mindset. If you wish to be continent, you will be, however, if you wish to lose your continence, you body will behave accordingly.

In the meantime, I suggest that you do avail of some sort of protection.