LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Bladder Spasms worsening

I’ve always had some minor bladder spasms but over the past few days they’ve been getting much worse, especially with extended time in the same position, sitting or lying on back. Last night they got so bad they woke me several times.

I’m not sure if something changed not aware of, or if something can be done. Here is what I do

I’ve been pretty sick the past few days and basically been sleeping (literally, not just in bed hanging out) 90% of the time. The extended sleep in combination with unsteadiness on my feet and nausea led to minor dehydration (my bad! I know common trigger). I’ve been staying hydrated the past 24 hours, no stimulants such as caffeine, no diuretics etc

The spasm will fart off as just a light vibration but if I stay in the same position too long (20 min) the light spasm will become full intensity spasm lasting until I both hold the pelvic floor as as long as I can And change to a new position.

Any position being flat seems to be a trigger (maybe gravity?). Not a ton of urine expelled during spasms, with just as much leaking out during the position change.

I tend to flip flop from an overfull bladder to constant dribbling. This is due to my neurogenic bladder.

I also have autonomic dysfunction which has been made much by the viral infection, basically presents as pots, or lack of control over the central nervous system.

Official diagnosis is mixed incontinence with neurogenic bladder and likely small fiber nerve damage.

Back to the the topic though. The spasms. I’d be nice to calm them down enough to get some good sleep but my guess is they calm down and the flare is caused due the viral infection primarily.

All of that being said this isn’t a topic I see being talked about much and would love to know if others experience flares with spasms when ill and if anyone has any tips on how to manage them both at their worst and improve the baseline.

Thanks!

Spasms were terrible for me as well. It went on for well over a year & several different medications were tried. For other reasons I was put on alprazolam (generic xanax) and that stopped the spasms completely. I take 1/2 pill of .5 milligrams 1-2 times per day. It made me a little tired at first but these days I’m well used to it. If I forget it I’ll start getting the spasms again within about 24 hours. I’ve no idea why it works because alprazolam has a entirely different use but it does. Talk to you Dr & ask if this may be something you can use as well. 

I, too, have NGB due to a severe neck injury a little over 9 years ago. I have found that a good chiropractic adjustment minimizes/eliminates my own bladder spasms, at least until my back goes out again. It is unfortunate that there seem to be more quack chiropractors than good ones, but it could be worth the effort to find a good one for you.

• 4 months later...

I have them occasionally. Used to be very frequent. Mine are mostly flutter and flip-floops, and strong but not painful contractions. Always some leakage. Sudden heavy leakage with the contractions.

Not so heavy these last few years as the bladder muscles don't do much.  Usually flutters and quivers.

Due to lower back nerve trauma.

It also causes sexual dysfunction as well. Erection issues, and spontaneous orgasms and/or ejaculation. Happened a lot years ago but not so much now.

These days I'll get very sexually aroused and it will build with a series of mild orgasmic flutters, and instead of building to a sudden ejaculating contractions, it will build to an ejaculation without contractiins. Ejaculate flows out for a bit.

• 1 month later...

Have you had any of the following things in your diet recently?
* Caffeine
* Alcohol
* Spicy foods
* Tobacco
* Citrus drinks like Orange Juice or lemonade
* Carbonated drinks

Usually, those could cause the bladder spasms to trigger. Also, I'm going to be one to echo those who have told you to go and see your doctor ASAP as there might be something underlying. And sorry to sound like a nerd here, but it might be like that trash compactor monster in the Death Star which is in the Star Wars Universe/Galaxy. It will be giving you a problem but it will suddenly disappear on you but it will be still there to become a bother to you again and again some more.