LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Don’t know what to do

DLB5353

I’ve recently tried to move away from diapers and the thought of them. But I constantly have them on my mind. And I don’t think I can stop the urge as hard as I try. I feel like I need to introduce them to my partner as well. I just don’t know how. 

This is a typical binge/purge cycle, common in younger DLs. Try moderation, maybe set up a time to wear and don't do it all the time. You'll have a more controllable desire to wear.

Others here have had binge/purge issues and they may be able to offer better suggestions on how to moderate the desire so you're not getting overwhelmed.

Sounds to me like you might feel it easier to try to give up diapers all together, rather than opening up to your partner about them. I think the best thing for you to do is find a way to tell them. It won’t be easy, but in the long run, it will be worth it. Even if it ends your relationship, I would say it’ll be better for you and easier than trying to give up diapers. I wouldn’t say it’s impossible to do, but there are so many people out there (and on this site) who have tried to give up diapers and failed. There are a number of great resources that you can use to help explain things to them. First, I would recommend www.understandinginfantilism.org - there’s a section you could have them read on there that gives some explanation as to why some people like ABDL. There’s also a really good podcast called “Dream a Little,” that’s available wherever most people listen to podcasts or you can go to www.thelittlelounge.com and find the episodes there. All the best!

17 hours ago, DLB5353 said:

I’ve recently tried to move away from diapers and the thought of them. But I constantly have them on my mind. And I don’t think I can stop the urge as hard as I try. I feel like I need to introduce them to my partner as well. I just don’t know how. 

Im in the same boat you are ive been battling that for years!

It's probably almost impossible to give up diapers.  You'd probably have to get professional help to get rid of the desire,  and that may or may not work. 

Only you will know if telling your partner will be a good thing or not. It may work out great and your partner will participate and make your diaper time even more enjoyable. Or, you may lose your partner.  Is that a risk you are willing to take?

Or, you can keep things a secret,  and enjoy your diapers whenever you can. But you still run the risk of being found out. 

It's really a tough decision and only you can weigh all the pros and cons and come up with the best decision for you. 

1 hour ago, Spanky said:

It's probably almost impossible to give up diapers.  You'd probably have to get professional help to get rid of the desire,  and that may or may not work. 

Only you will know if telling your partner will be a good thing or not. It may work out great and your partner will participate and make your diaper time even more enjoyable. Or, you may lose your partner.  Is that a risk you are willing to take?

Or, you can keep things a secret,  and enjoy your diapers whenever you can. But you still run the risk of being found out. 

It's really a tough decision and only you can weigh all the pros and cons and come up with the best decision for you. 

From what I've heard-even professional help won't help.   It's not quite the same thing as an addiction, where it can be controlled with will power.   I gave up refined sugar last year (not a complete boycott, but seriously cut it down), which was due to health concerns and the help of a trusted friend I added an strong exercise routine.  I basically replaced one behavior with a healthier one, but I don't think diapers are wired into our brain the same way.   Attempting to remove the desire is about as successful as conversion therapy.

IMO- the first step toward moderating those desires is to accept them and understand what is triggering them.   That takes time, and nobody can do it for you.   I was in a committed relationship the last time I went through a prolonged diaper-less period.  I didn't want to share the desire with her, but guess what I was thinking about when we were intimate.   BTW- through nobodies fault- the relationship didn't work out and we are both friends.  Lying to yourself and trying to will it out of you is not going to help.    Indulging fully and then completely purging it is not going to help either.  I think it stems from the guilt we feel from this.   Let that go.   Maybe use Pull Ups as a way moderate those feelings.   I think the key is finding an emotionally healthy and acceptable way to deal with the desires.   Since the OP is 19, I can say firsthand it took me another 21 years to figure that out.