LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Shopping For A New Family (Private RP for Diaperboy187 and YunicornSparkles)

YunicornSparkles

"Can't I just keep wearing Pull-Ups ? I promise to go potty every night before bed and not drink too much. I swear it only lasts a few days" Crystal begged Noelle desperate to not have to wear diapers to bed. She knew it would take quite a bit for her to get used to the new place and stop wetting the bed. After being put on the Minnie Mouse training potty she tried her best to go but her bladder was completely empty. Crystal sighed as she got off the training potty and went to get in the tub.

Just the mention of diapers made her nervous knowing that the woman could easily be considering putting her in a diaper during the day. Stepping into the tub she relaxed and looked around for the Barbie mermaids again. It seemed like she wasn't going to make any attempt to wash herself despite the heavy wetting she had last night. "Bacon and eggs sound good. What do we have to do today Noelle ?" Crystal asked Noelle not seeing anything wrong with calling her by her first name.

Noelle considered Crystal's question while she sat on the potty. "Well, I don't know. Even if you do all that, there's no guarantee you'll wake up dry, or won't flood another pull-up while you sleep. It hasn't been a week yet, so I guess we could keep trying the pull-ups in daytime for a few more days but I'm not going to budge on having you wear proper protection at night" she said over her shoulder, not looking at Crystal. "And like I said, you won't even know you have it on because you'll be sleeping" she repeated.

She saw movement out of the corner of her eye and moved over to Crystal, her hands gently holding her and helping her step into the tub. "Careful, honey. You almost slipped last night" she warned. "The tub can be slippery at the bottom with all the soap in the water" Noelle didn't tell Crystal yet but she was planning to put her into a diaper during the day today. She'd explain her reasoning for doing so to the girl but she doubted it would go down well. Still, she had made up her mind. She didn't want Crystal to have any accidents on what should be a happy and carefree day of joy. Noelle had a special outfit picked out for Crystal for the day. She had been planning to give it to one of the other girls at the orphanage but then decided that Crystal should wear it instead, as part of her plan to keep the girl close and under supervision.

Noelle picked another washcloth out of the bathroom linen closet and soaked it in the water.  She then tipped some baby body wash onto the cloth and lathered it up in her hand. A sweet minty scent began to fill the room, the wash being candycane scented. Noelle started to wash Crystal's back first, moving her hair aside. Noelle was delighted to see Crystal find the Barbie mermaids and enjoy playing with them again. Play was good for her. Crystal spoke up and Noelle tsked at her use of her first name. "Crystal, dear, please don't call an adult by their first name, it's rude for a young lady your age to address me that way. Instead, you can call me Miss Bell, or Mommy" she said firmly, reprimanding her as she scrubbed her body, working quickly yet gently to get her cleaned up. "All right, we'll have some yummy bacon and eggs for brekky. And for today, it's going to be a lot of fun! We're going to visit the orphanage and spend Christmas Day with all the kids. Santa and his elves are going to come and hand out presents after I've given the kiddos their stockings, and then we'll help make a themed lunch and share a meal and dessert at the big family table. The kids can play with their new toys and gifts. We'll play some group games, sing along to Christmas carols while I play piano, and end the day with some new Chrissy movies. How does that sound?" she asked excitedly, her voice sounding happy and anticipating.

Crystal was less than pleased with Noelle's answer over wearing diapers but didn't argue. She silently reminded herself she only had to put up with the woman until they went back to the mall and got her purse. While she played with the Barbie mermaids again she listened to the plans for today. Crystal just wanted to stay inside to reduce the risk of running into anyone she knew but could tell she was going to be going to the orphanage with Noelle.

If she was very good she hoped the orphanage worker would give her the Dora the Explorer panties early as a reward. No matter how hard it was she was going to prove she was potty trained and didn't need to wear diapers or Pull-Ups. "Can I wear my panties today please ?" Crystal begged Noelle unaware of the plan to diaper her for the day. Once she found out she was expected to wear a diaper there would definitely be a lack of Christmas cheer in the house from the petite woman.

Hopefully there wouldn't be anyone Crystal knew at the orphanage. Noelle finished washing Crystal's body after several minutes.

Noelle ignored Crystal's question for now, wanting to avoid a fight. She looked at the girl's hair. "Tip your head back for me, honey, I'm going to wet your hair. We have to wash it" Noelle waited till Crystal did so then tipped some water over Crystal's hair, putting her hand over the girl's eyes so water didn't flow into them. She reached for the combined shampoo and conditioner for little kids and squeezed a decent amount into her palm before beginning to work it through Crystal's dark tresses, massaging her head as the sweet peppermint smell once again rose up. She rinsed her hair out carefully, again requesting Crystal to tip her head back and protecting her eyes as she dumped several jugs of water slowly through the hair, moving her hand through the strands to get all the soapy residue out.

Noelle stood and grabbed the lavender star bath towel from last night. "All right, all done. Time to get out and get dressed" she ordered, helping Crystal step out of the tub then wrapping the towel around her and rubbing her dry. She rubbed her hair dry as well but tried not to mess it up too much. She didn't want it to look all scraggly today. She made a mental note to brush it out with some spray-in de-tangler after breakfast. Noelle wrapped the towel around Crystal again and scooped her into her arms, carrying her back into the Disney mouse themed kids room. This time though, she took Crystal over to the changing table and lay her down, removing the towel and strapping her in place with the safety straps. "Now, I'm going to put you in a diaper today honey, but before you freak out, just listen" she said, "I'm putting you in a diaper because today's going to be extremely busy, with lots of exciting stuff happening and lots of distractions. You won't get the chance to go potty very often, and with your small bladder, it's best to avoid having any accidents. So you'll be diapered, but just for today. I'll let you switch into Pull-Ups when we get home" she said. She had yet to tell Crystal what outfit she was going to put her in. Crystal was going to be Noelle's little helper so the woman could watch her and make sure she didn't try to run away, escape or do anything else naughty.

Crystal barely even noticed when it was time for her to get out of the tub. She let herself be dried off and carried back to the nursery but got a little suspicious as she was put on the changing table. Once the straps were used to restrain her she knew something was about to happen that she wouldn't like. Crystal listened to Noelle explain she was putting her in a diaper before beginning to struggle and squirm trying to get off the changing table.

"Nooo ! I'm too old for diapers ! I won't wear a diaper ! I won't ! I won't ! I won't ! I'm an adult and I refuse to let you diaper me ! I'll be fine in Pull-Ups !" Crystal insisted determined to fight wearing a diaper. The orphanage worker had clearly made the right choice to restrain her as it was obvious she would have tried to run away if she was free. Even if the diaper was put on her the main problem would be making sure she didn't remove it. So far the petite woman had yet to show any signs of calming down and making the diaper change easier for the taller woman.

Noelle thought Crystal would react badly to the news and she was right. The girl threw what was practically a toddler tantrum. The woman was glad she had the foresight to strap the little one down. The way Crystal was thrashing about, she very well could have fallen off the changing table and hurt herself. Not to mention, Noelle didn't want to have to chase her through the house and get her out of whatever hiding places, making them late to the orphanage. She sighed deeply as she pressed her fingers to her forehead, closing her eyes. Crystal's shouts filled the room but Noelle was determined to stay calm and collected. Her eyes snapped open, full of resolve. She slapped Crystal's thigh and barked a warning "That's enough! You'll do what you're told, little lady!"

Noelle waited for Crystal to calm down a bit, or at least wear herself out. After about five minutes, she bent down and picked a Christmas themed diaper out of the pack that her niece used to wear. As she brought it up to place on the table, Crystal would get a good view of it, if she was paying attention. It had strings of colourful Christmas lights decorating it all over, making it a fun, festive piece.

"Age has nothing to do with this. This is what you need today and there'll be no arguments" Noelle told Crystal sternly as she got out barrier cream and baby powder. She unfolded the diaper, taking her time since the girl wasn't able to go anywhere. She stretched it a little and fully smoothed it out before lifting Crystal's legs, holding them firmly in her strong grip, which stopped the girl kicking her feet. Noelle slid the soft padding under Crystal's bottom and, still holding her legs up by the ankles, reached for the barrier cream with her free hand. She flipped the top open and squeezed some cream onto her hand, then began smearing it gently onto Crystal's pale skin, making sure to get good coverage to prevent rashes.

image.png.dff95ba189e932d0e505556a8c53a85a.pngimage.png.e4ade2fd3ce0d90be9bbe7aaba250b4c.png

Even after five minutes Crystal still showed no signs of being ready to give up still fighting with Noelle. She clearly had some issues with being put back in diapers again. When the woman slapped her thigh she let out an ear piercing scream before yelling at her again. "I won't wear a diaper ! I'm not a baby ! Don't even try it ! I'll sue you if you put that diaper on me !" Crystal threatened Noelle as she continued struggling against the restraints.

If the restraints had any trouble keeping the tiny woman in place it didn't show as there was no signs of them ripping, tearing, or coming loose. Once the diaper was put under her butt the girl finally began to show signs of giving up. No matter what she did the Christmas diaper was going to be her undergarments until they got back home. Crystal broke down in tears as Noelle began to apply the barrier cream as if expecting her to have trouble keeping the diaper dry.

Noelle winced at the loud scream but continued what she was doing. She couldn't put Crystal in anything else, knowing the chances of her having accidents were so high. She'd likely wet her pull-up without realising because of all the distractions and then leak when she wet again. Crystal's shouts were ear splitting but Noelle bravely continued to diaper the girl up. "If you were an adult, you'd be able to sue me but you're not, so pipe down and behave!" Noelle said firmly. "And you might not be a baby but you still need a diaper. It's obvious you can't take proper care of yourself" she informed her, "I'm doing what's in your best interests" The girl was clearly used to making her own rules and doing whatever she wanted. Noelle knew that children her age needed boundaries and discipline. A caring but firm hand. 

Noelle checked over the changing table restraints and was glad they were apparently high quality, standing up to the young girl's struggles without any problem. She let out a silent breath of relief when Crystal finally stopped thrashing about and yelling her head off, subsiding. The tears pulled on her heartstrings of course, but they were better than the deafening screeching. Noelle's slender fingers smoothly applied the barrier cream all over Crystal's diaper area. "I don't expect you to be able to stay dry today. And it might be a long wait until I can give you a change, so I'm making sure you won't get a rash when you go potty in your pants, which I am sure you will" she explained calmly.

She shook on a layer of powder and lightly rubbed it in, then brought up the front of the diaper and tugged lightly at different areas, making sure the leak guards were positioned properly and that it was a good fit; not too tight, not too loose. She taped up the sides and smiled at the end result. "Aw, you look so festive in your little holiday diaper. It matches perfectly with what I have picked out for you to wear" she said happily. "But first, let me get something" Noelle reached under the change table and pulled out a pair of little clear plastic pants with polka dots on them, and a chain that went around the waist and locked in the back. "These ought to make sure you keep your protection in place"

"I don't need a diaper ! I can stay dry I promise !" Crystal begged Noelle with tears in her eyes as she applied the baby powder. She let loose a new stream of tears as the diaper was taped up fitting her small body perfectly. The holiday diaper did nothing to cheer her up but there was nothing she could do about it for now. Crystal planned to sneak off and get out of the diaper while they were at the orphanage until she saw the locking plastic panties Noelle had brought out.

"Are those really necessary ? I'm not going to remove my diapers I swear !" Crystal begged Noelle knowing they would make sure she wasn't getting out of the diapers. She definitely thought they were overkill but yet again her opinion didn't seem to matter. The only way she might be able to get them off was if another orphanage worker helped her get them off. When an outfit to match the diaper was mentioned she shuddered not wanting to think just how infantile it could be.

Noelle shook her head as Crystal pleaded with her "I'm afraid no matter how much you want that to be the case, it's not true, honey" she replied. "I saw what you did to your pony panties, and I'll bring them up every time you forget about all the accidents you've had up till now", Noelle still felt sorry for her, seeing the tears in her eyes "I'm sorry that a diaper makes you so upset, honey, but you have to wear one today and that's all there is to it" she said, apologetic but remaining firm on her decision to make Crystal wear protection. 

She raised her eyebrows at Crystal's question and vow, "After that huge fuss you just kicked up about having to wear one? I don't think so, Missy" she said, not believing the girl's lies. Noelle then slid the plastic panties up Crystal's slim legs and fastened the lock at the back after pulling the chain tight and snug. Not enough to be uncomfy, but enough that she couldn't push them down over her hips and the bulky, super absorbent padding she was forced to wear. Noelle wasn't taking any chances!

"Now, I've decided that today, you're going to be my special helper" she started to explain, pulling out a cute elf outfit made for toddlers. "You'll be one of Santa's elves with the other big kids and help hand out presents and help younger kids" she said. "And you'll stay with me the whole day and not go out of my sight. That way I can keep you safe and out of any trouble" She then held up the elf outfit to show Crystal. It had a shorter skirt than it appeared, and was small enough that it wouldn't cover all of Crystal's diaper.
image.png.4296c27c35065a17c9cfd9b69cb37f9f.png  

Crystal continued to cry as Noelle refused to budge on her decisions no matter how unfair they seemed to the girl. She cursed her decision to not have thrown away the My Little Pony panties but knew her other panties weren't in much better shape. Once the locking plastic panties were put on she started whining again. "It's too tight ! I can't breathe with it on !" Crystal exaggerated as she tried to reach down to take off the locking plastic panties.

Once she saw the elf outfit she wanted to complain but knew it could be much worse. Even so it was already obvious to her the outfit wouldn't completely hide her diaper making diaper check quite easy. "What if I need to go potty ?" Crystal asked Noelle trying to think of an excuse to leave her or take off her diaper at the orphanage. She was making her desire to get out of the diaper way too obvious as she waited to be unbuckled from the changing table.

Noelle gave her a leveled look in the eyes that said she didn't believe Crystal for a second about the plastic pants. "I know they aren't too tight because I fitted two fingers in the waistband to check and they were snug but not over tight" she said, "You'll be fine. I know you want to take them off but the answer is no. You keep those AND your diaper on" Noelle stated, unwavering as she began to dress Crystal in the elf hat, short tunic dress, striped leg warmers that came up to her mid thighs and pointed boots. If Crystal had been hoping for the leg warmers to be tights that would hide her diaper, she was out of luck there. 

Noelle brought out her phone and took a few snaps of her teary little elf. She smiled as she put her phone back in her pocket, ""If you need to go potty, tell me and I will take you to the bathroom and sit you on the toilet" she said, "But if you have an accident, the diaper will keep you from ruining your cute outfit. Like I said, I'm not letting you out of my sight today" She unstrapped the table restraints and picked up the girl, settling her on her hip. "Let's get something to eat. I'll make those bacon and eggs you asked for" she stated, carrying Crystal out of the room towards the kitchen. Noelle had the thought that she should bring a diaper bag for Crystal in case she needed to change her. Then she remembered they had changing supplies and tables at the orphanage. She could use those new Christmas diapers she bought packs of last night. 

"They are too tight !" Crystal insisted trying to get Noelle to loosen the plastic panties enough for her to get out of them later. She let herself be dressed in the elf costume hoping it would make her seem a little more mature. Looking down at herself once she was dressed she saw that wasn't the case as the dress barely covered half of the diaper. Crystal continued to cry as Noelle refused to give her anything she wanted besides the breakfast she had requested.

"Do I have to sit in the highchair again ?" Crystal asked Noelle as they entered the kitchen and she saw the Minnie Mouse highchair. She definitely wanted to sit in a regular chair but probably wouldn't be able to see over the table without a booster seat. For now she wasn't trying to remove the diaper cover knowing it could get her another spanking. Before she was humiliated too much at the orphanage though she was determined to get back into Pull-Ups somehow.

Noelle ignored Crystal's insistence on the pants being too tight, knowing she just wanted them loosened so she could get out of them and her diaper. The girl made it way too obvious what her plans were. The woman carried her little girl into the kitchen and towards the high chair "Of course you do sweetie. The normal sized chairs are too big for you and you won't be able to reach the table. The highchair is more secure and safe for you and it has a tray you can reach" she reasoned, placing Crystal down into the seat of the chair and buckling her in. She slid the tray into place until it clicked, locking the girl in.

Noelle went over to the small red radio on her kitchen counter and turned it on at a low volume, tuning it to Christmas music. She then tied an apron over her new green snowflake dress and started to get out eggs and bacon, warming up a frying pan with a pat of butter. "How do you want your eggs, sweetie? Scrambled, poached, fried?" she questioned, wanting to make something Crystal would like. "I could make you an omelette to go with the bacon strips" A nice smell of frying food began to waft around the room, making Noelle's mouth water. She always had a good appetite and ate well. "And what do you want to drink? Milk, juice, water?" she offered. "It's too early for soda though"

Crystal cried as Noelle yet again refused to give her what she wanted. She struggled against being put in the highchair but was quickly buckled and strapped in anyways. While the logic behind the woman's decisions was sound it still felt to the short woman that she wasn't getting the respect she thought she deserved. When Noelle asked what kind of eggs she wanted she grumbled "I don't care ! You're just going to ignore what I want !"

Unless the orphanage worker wanted to put up with a grumpy girl on Christmas she needed to do something really special and unexpected. The best thing to do was to plan something big in hopes of making up for having the short woman wear diapers. No matter what the girl was determined to act like a big kid instead of the toddler she was constantly being treated as. Crystal pounded on the highchair tray in frustration as she waited for her breakfast growing more impatient by the minute.

Noelle sighed but ignored the girl's tears and continued making breakfast. Crystal was making such a big deal out of wearing a diaper. If she was actually mature, she would quiet down and deal with it, rather than bawl like a baby who didn't get her way. Noelle sighed again at the girl's bratty response to her questions "I wouldn't have asked you if I was going to ignore your choices. There are some things you can have a say in..." Noelle went quiet after that, thinking over what to do since she didn't want Crystal to be in a foul mood all day. "Tell you what, why don't you help me make breakfast? That way you can make yours the way you want" she offered, hoping that it would cheer her up. She knew Crystal liked to be treated as much like an adult as possible (despite the fact she was a kid), so if she let her be treated like one in some small ways, it couldn't hurt. 

She thought about what most mature girls would like to do and decided that letting Crystal have some makeup and bling would be a good idea "And how would you feel about having your makeup done and adding a few pieces of jewelry?" she added, hoping the girl would respond positively "You can also choose what we have for dinner tonight, and I'll let you pick what we watch on TV before bed" she said, tossing out two final peace offerings.

She turned to watch Crystal pounding on the highchair and frowned at the childish tantrum. "And...I suppose I can see how you'd go trying to sit on one of the dining chairs. But if you look like you're going to fall off, it's straight back to the highchair" she said decisively. Noelle went and grabbed a stool from the bar counter, carrying it over to the stove top to stand beside her. She then walked over to a bookshelf and grabbed some thick hard cover books, stacking them neatly onto one of the kitchen chairs. She walked over to the highchair and released the tray, undid the buckles and picked the girl up, carrying her to the stool. She placed her feet on the stool and gave her the egg slice/spatula. "All right...let's finish this meal". 

• Like 1

Crystal began to calm down when Noelle mentioned letting her help with breakfast but did start trying to get the tray off the highchair. She was delighted to finally be getting a chance to have some choices and be treated a bit closer to her actual age. Once she was released from the highchair she tried to go to the stool only to have herself be carried. "Do you have to carry me ? I can walk you know" Crystal reminded Noelle as she grabbed the spatula.

The peace offering seemed to have worked as the petite woman was in a much more jolly mood now. While the orphanage worker watched she would be able to see the girl making an omelette with some good skills. It seemed cooking was a natural talent for the girl as she put the finishing touches on her omelette. "You promise I can go back to Pull-Ups as soon as we get home ?" Crystal asked Noelle as she looked her straight in the eyes not willing to spend any more time in a diaper than she had to.

Noelle had already placed Crystal's feet on the stool before thinking about her walking over by herself. "Sorry, I'll let you walk next time. It's just that the seat of the stool is higher than your height so you'd have to try to climb up the stool's support rungs and it could tip over" she said, "I thought it was easier to just set you down at the top" She focused on making some toast, flipping the bacon in another pan, making it crispy but not burnt. Noelle was glad of the change in Crystal's mood though. It seemed that giving her some choice in decision making worked pretty well.

She looked over at Crystal often, supervising her cooking and was surprised to see that she was good at making omelettes at least. "Did you learn to cook while living on your own?" she asked, thinking of course that Crystal was an orphan child and had to learn important life skills for her survival much earlier than most kids her age. "Hmm, we'll have to wait and see how today goes. I think you can certainly attempt the pull ups again tomorrow but I'd like you to have thicker protection at night, due to the bed wetting issue that happens in new and unfamiliar places"

She finished cooking her own fried eggs with runny yolks and the bacon strips for the two of them. She buttered the toast and cut it into soldiers. It was just the way she liked it, made it easier to dip in the egg yolks. Noelle helped Crystal plate everything up, giving her a plain plastic kids plate and the cutlery her four year old nephew, Rudy, usually used. It had sterling silver parts but the handles were thicker, bright coloured plastic for an easier grip. With how small Crystal's hands were, it'd probably be more comfortable for her to hold than an adult sized fork and knife.

Noelle carried their plates to the table and set them down then went and added some cups of orange juice. She let Crystal have a plain, tall sippy cup with a purple lid. No childish cartoons on the plastic. In actual fact, the sippy had been used so much that the designs had washed off over time. She herself had a normal tall drinking glass.

"Here, let me give you a boost up" Noelle lifted Crystal under the arms once the girl had followed her to the table and set her little bottom down on the stack of books. "Hmm, I don't know if that's safe. The books could slip. Don't move for a second" The woman looked worried and hurriedly went to pull a belt out of the laundry beside the kitchen, coming back and tying it around the small girl's waist. "There, that's better. Now you can't take a spill" she sighed, pushing Crystal's chair close to the table so the girl could eat. She took her own seat beside her and began to eat her bacon, fried eggs and buttered toast.

• Like 1

"You said you'd let me walk" Crystal reminded Noelle a little annoyed as she was just about to get in her chair before the woman lifted her up and put her on top of the books. She was upset to see she couldn't help cook anything else as it was already done. Though she didn't get too much of an answer regarding getting back into Pull-Ups she knew she wouldn't get a better answer. Crystal would definitely be delighted for more opportunities to help Noelle cook.

When she saw the childish silverware she rolled her eyes before deciding to give it a try. Right away she noticed it was much easier to hold though it did force her to take smaller bites. Thankfully she could see over the table with the books and the belt seemed to be helping to make sure she didn't slip or fall. Crystal was however making a little mess on her clothes as she enjoyed her breakfast and tried to get used to the kiddie silverware.

Noelle was surprised by Crystal's complaint "I did let you walk, you walked over here from the kitchen" she replied, confused as to why the girl thought that didn't count. "Oh, did you want to climb up on the books by yourself? I didn't think that would be safe because the books could slip off and fall while you're trying to get seated. I just didn't want you to fall off or get hurt" she explained. "Better safe than sorry"

Noelle ate a few more bites, thinking over this morning, "You seem to enjoy cooking. Maybe you can help me cook more in the future. Possibly tonight but it depends on if you're not too tired after today" she said. She was glad Crystal didn't kick up a fuss regarding her answer to wearing a diaper tonight. If she put a pull-up on her, she'd only be in it for a few hours before having to be changed to the nighttime padding, so it made more sense to just swap her from one to the other.

The woman saw Crystal roll her eyes like a teenager when she saw her silverware but remained silent, not wanting to set off Crystal into another bad mood. She noticed the girl seemed to have a much better handle on the cutlery than the baby stuff and decided to make sure to give her the same cutlery for every meal. She continued eating and realised that Crystal was getting her elf outfit dirty. "Oh, Honey, you're dropping food on your clothes. We don't want them to be messy for today. Let me get you something" Noelle got up and walked to the kitchen, returning with a large toddler bib that had Minnie Mouse silhouettes on it. She fastened it around Crystal's neck. It covered all of her chest down to her waist, and covered her shoulders as well. It was also made of a waterproof and wipe-clean material with a crumb catcher pocket at the bottom. Noelle sat down and resumed eating like nothing had happened. "There we go.  Your clothes will stay clean until breakfast is over. After all, there's no point adding makeup and jewellery if your outfit gets all messed up"

image.png.ba20ebb4e4c2e8bf2f0e328cac904268.png

"I don't like being carried or picked up. I have a little fear of heights" Crystal revealed to Noelle as she stopped eating for a moment. She blushed when the woman pointed out what a mess she was making and put a bib around her neck. When she resumed eating she tried to be more careful hoping to prove the bib was unnecessary while still trying to get used to taking smaller bites. Crystal soon finished her breakfast before trying to reach for more only to have the belt stop her.

When the orphanage worker mentioned letting her help cook she immediately got excited clearly enjoying any chance to prove she was a good cook and didn't need to be babied. As she continued trying to reach more of the delicious breakfast the thick books began to slide a bit. If she wasn't careful they would quickly fall off the chair leaving her unable to reach the table. Crystal would probably be willing to settle on a booster seat next time if it meant avoiding the highchair.

"Oh, I see. Thank you for telling me. I'm afraid you'll have to get used to being carried and picked up sometimes, by me at least. Just learn to trust me and know that I'd never drop you. I'm always very careful" she said, "Maybe it would help to focus on being safe and snug in the arms of someone who cares about you. Most children love to be hugged and picked up for attention. But it's okay if you don't, everyone is different. I'll just try to remember your fear of heights and let you climb up on things when I can" she said. Glancing at the highchair, then back at the blushing Crystal, she looked thoughtful "Maybe we should get you a booster seat, so you can sit at the table. That would be better than a book stack" she decided. "Probably more comfortable too. We'll have to go back to the mall when it opens anyway"

Noelle noticed Crystal leaning forward and trying to reach the plate of extra servings in the middle of the table. She quickly rose from her chair and pushed it towards Crystal, within reach of the girl "Here you go, be careful honey, those books could fall" she cautioned, sitting back down. Noelle finished the last few bites of her breakfast and felt full and satisfied. She drank the rest of her juice and put the empty glass on her clean plate. She then remained at the table to wait for Crystal to finish eating, not wishing to leave her alone to finish. "What are some of your favourite things to cook?" she asked, curious to know what recipes Crystal had learned.

Crystal didn't seem too happy with Noelle's response but got over it as the plates of extra servings were pushed within reach. She quickly loaded her plate up again before noticing her cup was almost empty. Rather than ask for help she went to undo the belt only to have the books fall off the chair. Until they had a booster seat it seemed the highchair was the safest option for Crystal.

As she continued to try and undo the belt she found it impossible as it had been buckled in the back. "Umm Noelle can you please help me ?" She asked the woman as she gave up on unbuckling the belt from around the chair. While her short size was often a problem she wasn't used to accepting help unless she had no choice but to admit she needed it. "I like cooking everything but Italian and Southern foods are my favorite" Crystal told Noelle as she waited for her to come over and help her get free.

Noelle knew by the look on Crystal's face that she didn't like being told she had to be carried and picked up at times. But it really couldn't be helped. Crystal was a small kid and Noelle had to lift her up to put her in the car, shopping trolley seats, the changing table and other things. Not to mention, with Crystal's little legs it was faster to carry her rather than wait for her to catch up when they needed to be somewhere. She decided not to comment on it any further, avoiding another argument. Crystal was happily distracted by more food being in reach, saving Noelle from that conversation. She watched her load up her plate and raised her eyebrows "Goodness, someone is hungry this morning! I'm glad you have a good appetite" she smiled, looking at Crystal's full plate. She then gasped as the stack of books fell off the chair while Crystal wiggled around. "Oops! I suppose that was going to happen" she sighed, getting up from her chair and walking over to Crystal. Before the girl even asked her, Noelle was crouching down and unbuckling the belt with nimble fingers "Sure, hold on honey, I've got it" she said reassuringly, pulling the now loose belt off from the chair and the girl. 

"That didn't work out too well, did it? How about you sit on Mommy's lap to eat the rest of your meal? The highchair's the safer option but I know you're afraid of heights now, so I want to avoid making you afraid" she said kindly, picking up Crystal, sitting down and placing the girl on her lap. "Can you reach?" she asked. "You might need to stand up if needed. And that's interesting. I like trying foods from different cultures as well. Did you teach yourself to cook? Or did your parents or someone else teach you?" she said, surprised by how capable Crystal was, but then reminding herself the girl had to learn fast to survive out in the big adult world.

"Can I get some more juice ?" Crystal asked Noelle as she tried to get off her lap and go to the refrigerator to get it herself. She was glad to have avoided being put back in the highchair but wasn't too sure if she would be able to avoid it again next time. It would definitely be a good idea to have the small woman try to go potty before they left for the orphanage with all the juice she was drinking. Crystal squirmed around still trying to get off Noelle's lap and to the fridge.

"I took a few cooking classes in high school" Crystal answered Noelle honestly even though it likely sounded like a lie. Either way there was no doubt she had some skills in the kitchen and could probably make a meal by herself as long as the ingredients were left within her reach. Despite her small size she seemed to have an adult sized appetite to go with her claim of being an adult. Crystal sighed as Noelle was holding onto her afraid she might fall off the chair.